Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,782 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? (5198 Views)

Can Christians Really Be Friends And Connect With Those Of Other Faiths? / 7 Types Of Atheists / Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by debosky(m): 3:18pm On Jan 04, 2013
mazaje:
The problem is that as I have stated people just self project themselves as god and tell you what ever they want to tell you. . .That is the main point of my argument. . .If it were as simple as you are trying to make it seem, people will NOT hold different views about Jesus, you have just conceded that people hold different views about him. Some believe he is god at the same time the son of god, that is him and god are the same. . .While others believe he is a different and separate entity from god. . .That division is what I am talking about, not some bogus central tenet that you are claiming. . .People ALWAYS self project themselves as god and give what ever interpretation and opinion of the bible they feel others should follow. . .That is the CENTRAL point of my argument. . .

People may disagree on issues of lesser significance, but they agree on the central tenets - that is the crux of my argument. You claim people simply 'self-project themselves as god' and 'tell you whatever they want to tell you' - this is patently false for the following reason - listen carefully: if there are central tenets that are agreed on by everyone then the argument of 'self-projection' is futile as if everyone agrees on these tenets then they are UNIVERSAL and thus it cannot be regarded as 'self projection'

ALL Christians regard Jesus as the Son of God - that is not self projection. That there are minor differences elsewhere cannot change this central tenet, and my atheist friend, it is is by no means bogus.

I said the central and acceptable universal doctrine on HOW to achieve salvation through Jesus. . .You have to have faith in Jesus but how do you achieve that salvation?. . .Is the belief in Jesus ALONE the ONLY doctrine that that all the christians they world over believe will lead you to salvation?. . .

I can answer this question separately if you wish - however, for the purpose of establishing the existence of a central tenet, you have the answer right here - ALL Christians regard salvation through Jesus as the way to be saved. Simple.

What are the central tenets that are accepted by ALL christians world wide. . .

I don't do vain repetition - refer to my first post. I have pointed out two of them above.

Nature of Jesus. . .God's son or god and son of god at the same time?. . .Saying that every body believe he is the son of god is false, because others believe he is god at the same time. . .That is a very BIG difference. . .

You are logically challenged I must admit. Son of God is the universal principle/tenet - anything else is additional. Jesus was revealed, first and foremost as the Son of God. Anything else is secondary. That there are differences in secondary beliefs does not imply the absence of primary, enduring and universal beliefs.

What I call self projection is simply what it is. . .Telling people and giving them your opinion on what you feel should be or is represented. . .Fist step in building a deeper relationship with god?. . .Really?. . .LOL!

Self-projection is a pile of bovine excrement - people do not 'self-project' that Jesus is the Son of God, all Christians the latter as a fact, which is what makes it a central belief/tenet/principle. That people hold opinions on lesser issues cannot change the fundamental principles.

This daft theory of self-projection can be explained thus:

Frosbel: That girl is 6' 2" tall.

Debosky: No, that girl is 5' 10" tall.

mazaje: You see! You don't agree!! It's all in your imagination!

Frosbel & Debosky: But we agree she is a girl don't we?

mazaje: Erm, erm, erm. . . . .no!!! you are self-projecting and saying whatever you want!!

Frosbel & Debosky: She is a girl - look yourself. We don't agree on her exact height, but that's just a perspective difference.

mazaje: Noooo!!! self-projecting!!! It's driving me nuts!!!!

Frosbel & Debosky: Both walk away from deranged boy.

2 Likes

Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by christemmbassey(m): 3:42pm On Jan 04, 2013
mazaje:

Lying is now a thing of the spirit abi?. . .LOL!
you can never understand, because u'r eyes, nose, ear, tongue and skin. I ve Zoe while u Ve schoochay, i know the truth while u re walowing in ignorance. The whole world +you are celebrating Christmas, wake up man! You want the names of scientists who have accepted the integrity of the bible? Go read ' The cycles of Heavean by Guy Leyon Playfair et al, you will get names of not only top scientists but most of them Nobel laurets. Real schoolars, top scientists, learned men have tried and fail is it u that can rubish the bible? I pitty u. Dont worry you want it the hard way? You will get it. But no matter where u will find urself, i want u to know that Jesus loves you. Be blessed
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by christemmbassey(m): 3:53pm On Jan 04, 2013
@ Debosky,T K O, bros u bad o. This is not fair, People Giving People TKO ie PeGiP TKO
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by christemmbassey(m): 4:02pm On Jan 04, 2013
debosky:

People may disagree on issues of lesser significance, but they agree on the central tenets - that is the crux of my argument. You claim people simply 'self-project themselves as god' and 'tell you whatever they want to tell you' - this is patently false for the following reason - listen carefully: if there are central tenets that are agreed on by everyone then the argument of 'self-projection' is futile as if everyone agrees on these tenets then they are UNIVERSAL and thus it cannot be regarded as 'self projection'

ALL Christians regard Jesus as the Son of God - that is not self projection. That there are minor differences elsewhere cannot change this central tenet, and my atheist friend, it is is by no means bogus.

I can answer this question separately if you wish - however, for the purpose of establishing the existence of a central tenet, you have the answer right here - ALL Christians regard salvation through Jesus as the way to be saved. Simple.

I don't do vain repetition - refer to my first post. I have pointed out two of them above.

You are logically challenged I must admit. Son of God is the universal principle/tenet - anything else is additional. Jesus was revealed, first and foremost as the Son of God. Anything else is secondary. That there are differences in secondary beliefs does not imply the absence of primary, enduring and universal beliefs.

Self-projection is a pile of bovine excrement - people do not 'self-project' that Jesus is the Son of God, all Christians the latter as a fact, which is what makes it a central belief/tenet/principle. That people hold opinions on lesser issues cannot change the fundamental principles.

mazaje: Erm, erm, erm. . . . .no!!! you are self-projecting and saying whatever you want!!

Frosbel & Debosky: She is a girl - look yourself. We don't agree on her exact height, but that's just a perspective difference.

T K O, bros you bad o, this is not fair, People Giving People TKO, ie PeGiP TKO. Mazaje kpele, dont worry tell it to Jesus.
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by mazaje(m): 6:30pm On Jan 04, 2013
[quote author=debosky]

The crux of my arguments is NOT about central tenets because if central tenets is all that matters there won't be MAJOR divisions and disagreements. People simply self project themselves as god when they read the bible and that is what is responsible for the major differences, they are NOT of lesser significance since they lead to breakaways and divisions. Self projection is what causes these MAJOR divisions despite the central tenets. The crux of my point is that people read the bible and self project there by giving you what ever interpretation and opinion that they want. I gave you an example with Oladegbuu who ties his salvation to his self projected belief that the earth and the universe is less than 10,000 years old. . .It is a MAJOR issue not a minor one, saying it isn't is simply lying. . .

Self projection is when some people read the bible and conclude that Jesus is ONLY the son of god while others read the bible and also conclude that Jesus is god and god's son at the same time. . .That is the crux of my arguments. . .Despite your central tenets people still hold VERY different beliefs on who Jesus is. . .To claim it is NOT a MAJOR issue is to tell lies, a look at the world of christianity says other wise since christians label each other as heretics over such beliefs. . .Self projection is what is responsible for all these, since all christians read the same gospels and epistles in the new testament. . .

I said what is the central and acceptable universal doctrine on[b] HOW to achieve salvation through Jesus?[/b]. . .Christians read the bible and self project with various answers to that. . .The question already acknowledge that Jesus is the one that saves, so how does one achieve it through Jesus, when christians read the bible, their answers all depend on self projection. . .

If the tenets you are talking about is all that matter then there won't be breakaways and endless divisions. . .Some people read the bible and self project that Jesus is ONLY the son of god, others read the same bible and also self project that Jesus is god and god at the same time. . .That is the point I am making, those that read the bible all self project when it comes to almost everything. . .If they don't there won't be all these major disagreements. . .Why do christians condemn to hell those that disagree with them if it is NOT a major issue?. . .

Daft, when people read the bible some self project that Jesus is god alone while others self project that he is god and god's son at the same time, despite reading the same bible. . .That is the crux of my argument. . .To say other wise is to tell lies. . .They are NOT lesser issues, if they were lesser issues they will not lead to breakaways and endless divisions. . .People castigate each other and call each other heretics for holding conflicting views. . .Stop lying that it is a minor issue, the CENTRAL point of my argument remains that christians ALWAYS self project and come up with different opinions and interpretations. . .When it comes to tithing people self project, when it comes to how and when the earth was created people self project, when it comes on how to achieve salvation through Jesus people self project, when it comes to the issue of hell, people self project, how to live the christian life etc. . .I The issue of central tenets does not help here since despite the central tenets people still self project all the time. . .

This analogy is very daft and does not represent the TRUE christian self projection AT ALL. . .

Let me give you a better analogy. . .

[quote]

Frosbel: The girl is 6' 2" tall and lives in lagos.

Debosky: No you are a liar and deserve to be in prison for your lies, that girl is 5' 10" tall and lives in kano.

mazaje: Which girl are you guys talking about?. . .

Frosbel & Debosky: The girl in this story book read it for your self. . .

mazaje: The story here says she is 6'2" in some pages and 5'10", in some places, it says she lives in kano while in others it says she lives in lagos. am very confused.

Frosbel: I agree she is a girl - read the book yourself. The book says she lives only in lagos and is 6'2". . .

Debosky: I also agree she is a girl but the book clearly states that she only lives in kano and is 5'10", frosbel needs to be put in prison for lying. .

mazaje: Noooo!!! why are both of you self-projecting!!! It's driving me nuts!!!!

Frosbel: We are not self projecting, the author of the book told me himself that she lives only in lagos and confirmed the hight I am telling you

Debosky: He is lying, the author of the book actually called me and told me that she lives only in kano and is 5'10". . .Frosbel deserves to be in prison for lying against the author. .

mazaje: What the hell. . .Walks away from the deranged self projecting lunatics. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Proof Of Plagiarism In The Christian New Testament From The Jewish Old Testament / Catholic Most Privileged Church, The Pillar And Foundation Of Truth / Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.