Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,708 members, 7,802,127 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? (15797 Views)

A Thread For Good Movies That Are Not Popular. / ***~~~Good Movies With Stupid/terrible Endings~~~*** / Good Movies You've Seen So Far In 2008 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by VillageBoi(m): 7:28am On Jan 03, 2013
baby-boy:

Last Flight to Abuja, in terms of quality which one would you its close to?

1. Executive decision
2. Air Force One
3. Snake on the plane

Hahahaha you wan kill me for my mama this morning? The 'quality' no reach any of those but we gotta admit it was better than 'snakes on a plane' grin

And... there were a lot of I'm-gonna-give-you-a-hard-on-with-my-cinematography shots in the film... like the 'Virgin Airlines advert' crew waka shot. It was sweeeeeet!
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by babyboy3(m): 8:26am On Jan 03, 2013
VillageBoi:

Hahahaha you wan kill me for my mama this morning? The 'quality' no reach any of those but we gotta admit it was better than 'snakes on a plane' grin

And... there were a lot of I'm-gonna-give-you-a-hard-on-with-my-cinematography shots in the film... like the 'Virgin Airlines advert' crew waka shot. It was sweeeeeet!

Snake on the plane was a good movie just the story line went south when they started shooting windows and a Giant Python flying through the window....
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by VillageBoi(m): 9:04am On Jan 03, 2013
baby-boy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AE1PTAfRms

Ah, you post my fine work here? Teehee, I love this!
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by usermane(m): 10:25am On Jan 03, 2013
VillageBoi:

Seriously? Go and watch the first film all big HOLLYWOOD names made, 90% are pure unadultrated rubbish. Even the most recent guy in the cinemas now - Peter Jackson - see his first feature called Bad Taste... it's a common less-than-Nollywood-Yeye-Home-Video. Yet the same guy is busting out mega films like Lord of The Rings & The Hobbit in a shyte country where the national pastime is leaving their wife to have an affair with Dolly-the-sheep in the field and you come dey yab Nollywood. Hissssss.

I beg Nollywood forever, it's gonna grow well, well. It's all about 'positive' growth.
My bone of contention isn't criticism of nollywood per say. Yes they make poor movies often below par and i can understand that.
Don't you see it villageboi, we are still so underdeveloped,primitive and narrow minded to get nollywood off the ground. We are so boring and old fashioned that producing or warmly receiving a good movie is like getting milk from stone to us.
Lets be honest, the films Americans regard as poor are far better than plenty nollywood. You know why? I hate to say this but,it is because their expectation is higher than ours. Hollywood makes poor movies sometimes, nollywood can't for one second compare it with their movies.
The only thing nollywood can presently improve is the movie plot and story and that might not translate well since we are short of good locations for shooting scenes. We need intelligent script writters that would add new elements and unpredictability to the story instead of sexuality,black magic, and religion all the time.
Have you watched The Dark Knight? Ooow i really love the story of that film, the character development and interactions just take the cake for me.
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by damep: 11:11am On Jan 03, 2013
Lagosians definitely crossed into 2013 in style thanks to Star Lager Beer

http://www.mediacraftassociates.com/photo-gallery/nigerian-breweries/star/lagos-crossover-concert
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 03, 2013
VillageBoi:

My bro, so sorry, I cannot apologise enough that I missed this.

You're absolutely spot on saying the game has now changed. See how many posts there are of people claiming 'they don't watch Nollywood films'... so howcome they claim to know what is going on?
I was so excited about the film... let's remember to place it in the contex of the period it was made... there was nothing like it. The cinematography was sweeeeet and so on. I liked the whole power of the 'figurine'... the 7yrs of plenty followed by the 7yrs of doom thing... he should have stayed on that line of thought.

Disaster struck for me when they tried to explain it all away as being 'untrue' and that it was just something they were carving on their own in their own backyard or something & even though it was a magical relic from like AD1375 it had no power at all... the whole film then lost the plot so badly and became extremely nonsensical to point that even the filmmakers got confused and said "Dayum, we're shafted, let's just write some daft text at the end and let the audience go f*ck itself. Afterall they have nefa seen this kind of camera so we'll just claim na high-brow art."

Yeekpa - they pissed me off bigtime hahahahaha. BUT I have fallen in love with him again as per 'PhoneSwap' that film made me laugh like mad to the extent I was force-farting with glee, it was sooooo funny and the cinematography is even better... talk about really on-point casting too. Chei... Chief Zebrudaya niiiiiice!!.

We're just letting off past 2012 steam here... lol... everyfilmmaker in the world has at some point made a sh*t film... it's no big deal lol

Lol....I share your views....but I just still like the movie, and I don't know why. Maybe the timing of the movie added to it.
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 03, 2013
usermane:
My bone of contention isn't criticism of nollywood per say. Yes they make poor movies often below par and i can understand that.
Don't you see it villageboi, we are still so underdeveloped,primitive and narrow minded to get nollywood off the ground. We are so boring and old fashioned that producing or warmly receiving a good movie is like getting milk from stone to us.
Lets be honest, the films Americans regard as poor are far better than plenty nollywood. You know why? I hate to say this but,it is because their expectation is higher than ours. Hollywood makes poor movies sometimes, nollywood can't for one second compare it with their movies.
The only thing nollywood can presently improve is the movie plot and story and that might not translate well since we are short of good locations for shooting scenes. We need intelligent script writters that would add new elements and unpredictability to the story instead of sexuality,black magic, and religion all the time.
Have you watched The Dark Knight? Ooow i really love the story of that film, the character development and interactions just take the cake for me.

Seriously, my opinion on this post is: DELUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSION!!!!

Hey just an opinion ooo
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by kachionubogu: 6:49pm On Jan 03, 2013
yeah ofcoure nigerian people know the best movies taste.
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by semid4lyfe(m): 7:22pm On Jan 03, 2013
@ VillageBoi, I haven't seen Phone Swap but from what I've seen from the trailer, it didn't appear v.funny and I suspect I won't like it much.

Meanwhile, is it on that our site? wink

Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by VillageBoi(m): 7:55pm On Jan 03, 2013
semid4lyfe: @ VillageBoi, I haven't seen Phone Swap but from what I've seen from the trailer, it didn't appear v.funny and I suspect I won't like it much.

Meanwhile, is it on that our site? wink

The trailer does not have anything funny or good in it and to be honest Nollywood trailers are really poor as we do not know a thing about the art or psychology of cutting a trailer. The film Phone Swap will pleasantly surprise you. I don't think it's on that site; it's not too long ago they started the cinema round. You really want to see this on the big screen.

One quick thing about trailers to everyone. You see a Hollywood trailer and you badly want to watch the film; you watch the film then realise it's not really that good... they caught you with the trailer that is ALWAYS, always better than the film with the sole purpose of getting you to part with your cash.
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by VillageBoi(m): 8:00pm On Jan 03, 2013
speedyboi:

Lol....I share your views....but I just still like the movie, and I don't know why. Maybe the timing of the movie added to it.

You liked the film because you liked the film - simple. Despite the debate and arguments that have been going on in this thread every single person has the right to like or not like a film and each person is RIGHT. It's a subjective thing more or less. Some people like hot weather, some don't. Some like the rain, some don't. Some people like Marmite, some absolutely hate it - and each person is stil right.

No one should ever be afraid to praise a film or insult a film. Audience members can and should do as they please.
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by VillageBoi(m): 8:29pm On Jan 03, 2013
usermane:

Ah ha, I understand you now. And I get what your view of us as a nation is. But wouldn’t you then say it is time for us to go and get 'milk from the stone'? It's not gonna come from heaven but from forward thinking individuals. One of our problems is the only thing we do to solve any problem is 'Praying & Fasting Plc' in the form of praying for a ‘solution’ or praying curses upon the person we think is the cause of the problem – we too pray! And Nigeria only has 2 common prayers self. Big man prayer – “Hahuhohaha we thank God” or poor man prayer with cracked voice “God dey”.

Meanwhile other 'advanced' Nations use the same brain God has given us to THINK and figure out solutions and then ACT to solve their problems. No? Check out the origin of all historical inventions, discoveries and great thinkers.

Sorry I’ve rambled off point. We’re not too narrow minded to get “Nollywood off the ground”. Nollywood IS off the ground and has been since it’s inception 20 odd years ago. For example… we were all once shytty, snotty babies pooping our nappies, thankfully we were not chucked out with the bath water. Society knew we would grow and then we became toddlers and so on… and even 80yr old people are still learning.

Have you ever slapped an 80yr old man or woman in your village? Even if they are talking brain mush nonzenze; you wouldn’t dare out of respect. So why the Hollywood Nollywood comparison again?… they carry 80yrs old pass us, you can’t expect us to have that wisdom right now BUT we will learn from those that have walked the path in front, avoid their mistakes and get there much faster.

I must say NO, NO, NO, NO, Noooooo on the “We don’t have good locations.” WHAT?!! We have some of the finest locations on the planet to shoot but some dumb people are too busy thinking that showing a Hummer is a location… again that’s a lack of engaging the brain we were blessed with.

Lol… sexuality, black magic, religion? I’ll wrap up this too long a post by saying… I guess you haven’t seen Harry Potter then?

PS Don't worry about the fact that I dispute certain points. It's just a debate and you do raise valid points that should be heard and looked at and I find all views interesting.

PPS Why haven't I seen your name in any of the threads to do with my short films? I go vex oh! Lol. No probs, I give you links for yonder down under.

Sweet Sixteen - https://www.nairaland.com/866173/new-short-film/1

Une Clope - https://www.nairaland.com/1105305/une-clope-short-film-nsfw

Don't Rock The Boat - https://www.nairaland.com/1107900/dont-rock-boat-short-film

PPPS teehee, if you don't like them you are allowed to abuse them. It's a free world with freedom of speech.
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by Enoquin(f): 10:15am On Jan 05, 2013
tongue@villageboi: A Mount Zion Movie that was done in conjuction with Imo NYSC Corp Members has a better depiction of the NYSC Camp than Figurine...Just saying
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by Originalsly: 2:38pm On Jan 05, 2013
@Usermane... what do you mean Nigeria doesn't have good locations? On comparing Nollywood movie quality to that of the worse in Hollywood is unfair. Am sure the budget for the worst in Hollywood cost several times more that the best of Nollywood. Until Nollywood budget is on par...let's ease off the comparison. In terms of story, plots and screenplay....the playing field is level and I think Nollywood is generally not making progress but infact...going backwards. If asked to name the 10 best Nollywood movies the time they were made would support what I'm saying. @Villageboi...am yet to watch your clips and will comment when I do. You seem to be open to criticism...constructive criticism ...which is very good.
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by VillageBoi(m): 9:29pm On Jan 05, 2013
Enoquin: tongue@villageboi: A Mount Zion Movie that was done in conjuction with Imo NYSC Corp Members has a better depiction of the NYSC Camp than Figurine...Just saying

I wouldn't be surprised; I'm personally not a fan of The Figurine.
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by VillageBoi(m): 9:37pm On Jan 05, 2013
Originalsly: @Villageboi...am yet to watch your clips and will comment when I do. You seem to be open to criticism...constructive criticism ...which is very good.

People in the 'arts' should be open to critisism. Especially we Nigerians that are always trying to claim first this or first that; we're only fooling ourselves. Artists should also grow a very, very thick skin because once you put work out there some of the audience will brutalise it and they do not have to offer an explanation. But we shouldn't forget we're learning everyday.
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by Originalsly: 12:49pm On Jan 07, 2013
@villageboi....watched them. I usually watch films with my finger on the fast forward button but found the 3 interesting. Rock the Boat....I guess because I never knew the Thames had so muxh ferry traffic...and the mooring too was very unusual to me. UNE CL......whatever!... I kinda suspect the girl but the cast was good and the dialogue hmmmm....very savvy! SWEET SIXTEEN.... I don't think I really got it.......I figured it was a date...first time meeting face to face...but wasn't clear on the relationship.....online date?... father daughter?... then in rhe end ...was he daydreaming?.. or recalling what just took place? I'll have to watch it again to find out and that shouldn't be. But I found it interesting and that girl can really act perioe is better
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by VillageBoi(m): 3:54pm On Jan 07, 2013
Originalsly: @villageboi....watched them. I usually watch films with my finger on the fast forward button but found the 3 interesting. Rock the Boat....I guess because I never knew the Thames had so muxh ferry traffic...and the mooring too was very unusual to me. UNE CL......whatever!... I kinda suspect the girl but the cast was good and the dialogue hmmmm....very savvy! SWEET SIXTEEN.... I don't think I really got it.......I figured it was a date...first time meeting face to face...but wasn't clear on the relationship.....online date?... father daughter?... then in rhe end ...was he daydreaming?.. or recalling what just took place? I'll have to watch it again to find out and that shouldn't be. But I found it interesting and that girl can really act perioe is better

Originalsy thank you very much for taking the time to view my 3 shorts. You're actually the first person to talk about them in the order they were made which is cool to note as it's also the history of me picking up bits of equipment here and there. I'm glad you found 'Rock The Boat' interesting - it was born out of boredom and I only had a stills camera at the time so I wondered what could I do with a load of photogarphs that might be interesting?

'Une Clope' was next thing I shot after I bought a DSLR camera capable of video. Born out of a buch of friends from down the pub wanting to do something - the guy & girl in the film are real-life boyfriend and girlfriend. And yes the language was 'mmmm' lol.

Next was 'Sweet Sixteen' with me wanting to do Nigerian things. You are right about the daydreaming or was he mad direction. You did miss the 'key in the relationship that tells us exaclty who the girl is' it's in there, I think a couple of times, I'm sure you'll see it when you watch it again. It also is an open-ended film in which I want the audience to decide what they have just seen instead of the regular everything-must-be-explained-nollywood-style of story telling. Also glad you liked the girl, it was the first time she acted and she did so well.

Again, thank you for viewing them and commenting. I really appreciate it.
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by DarryOsh(m): 8:29pm On Jan 07, 2013
speedyboi: ^^^^^@Villageboi, you can't reply me, right? undecided. Well please do check out my last topic

@someone talking about the house in th figurine.......I also had problems with it but when I watched the making of the movie, I overlooked it. Kunle said that according to the script, it said the lagoon house: using another location wouldn't tell his story properly (according to him). He said the location manager and himself used weeks begging the residents of vgc, lekki etc to rent out their houses for the movie shoot but they all refused (I'm not surprised, those are nigerians for him), so the set designer just had to work something out (erect a structure within the budget range). When I heard that very last statement, I heaved a sigh. I loved him for not compromising but instead he improvised! That's one virtue absent in most nigerian film makers that leads to low quality flicks.
sadly, u cannot go to d 'box office' and or the organisers of d oscars n xplain that the reason dat ur locations looked so unreal cos people refused to let u use their houses. That house was one major reason reason the movie looked so unreal to me. Even if b4 watchin d movie i knew about the problem encountered in gettin a hous in vgc, i doubt if i would av forgiven afolayan and overlooked me. I'm sorry, probably cos i am a storyteller myself, i hate stories(movies and novels) that seeem unreal(guess it has to do wit mt perfectionist tendencies). Thats one reason i hardly ever watch seasonal movies.they drag so long that @ some point it becomes unreal
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by VillageBoi(m): 9:24pm On Jan 07, 2013
DarryOsh:
sadly, u cannot go to d 'box office' and or the organisers of d oscars n xplain that the reason dat ur locations looked so unreal cos people refused to let u use their houses.

That's a very interesting point. We shouldn't always make excuses for poor work.
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by Nobody: 12:20am On Jan 08, 2013
No one is making excuses for him. As you can see, I don't say all those 'Nollywood is young, Hollywood is old' & I don't say all those 'nigeria is hard, government don't help the industry' blah blah blah. Fact is, I hate excuses myself. And the guy wasn't making excuse as well, he just said it in the making just for the sake of saying it. What I only did was to commend his spirit.

About your perfectionist spirit....nothing Is perfect Bro, infact you shouldn't be watching Hollywood if you are a realist & perfectionist.

Meanwhile, there's nothing special about Oscar. Its just like every other academy awards, you guys should stop hyping it. Hollywood/America shouldn't be a yardstick for anything we do: its called inferiority complex
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by omar22(m): 4:27pm On Jan 08, 2013
speedyboi: No one is making excuses for him. As you can see, I don't say all those 'Nollywood is young, Hollywood is old' & I don't say all those 'nigeria is hard, government don't help the industry' blah blah blah. Fact is, I hate excuses myself. And the guy wasn't making excuse as well, he just said it in the making just for the sake of saying it. What I only did was to commend his spirit.

About your perfectionist spirit....nothing Is perfect Bro, infact you shouldn't be watching Hollywood if you are a realist & perfectionist.

Meanwhile, there's nothing special about Oscar. Its just like every other academy awards, you guys should stop hyping it. Hollywood/America shouldn't be a yardstick for anything we do: its called inferiority complex

Excuse me!!!! so what should Nollywood use to measure as how far they have come?

The fact here is that if you dont measure performance you wont improve on your performance!!!

The main fact is one has to look up to another!!! Inferiority complex is when you trying to be the same! I dont like when people are prepapred to accept that Mediocre is the norm!!!
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by VillageBoi(m): 7:11pm On Jan 08, 2013
omar22:

Excuse me!!!! so what should Nollywood use to measure as how far they have come?

The fact here is that if you dont measure performance you wont improve on your performance!!!

The main fact is one has to look up to another!!! Inferiority complex is when you trying to be the same! I dont like when people are prepapred to accept that Mediocre is the norm!!!

They probably should look back on their past productions for starters. I do, however, understand what you mean by "What should Nollywood use to measure how far they have come?" I pretty much doubt Speedyboi is saying we shouldn't make any comparisions whatsoever but let's not really fool ourselves - a Nollywood budget production is never going to look like a Hollywood $200M film. We really need not look that far.

There are so many other African films, mainly 'dramas' that we can aspire to be as good as... and guess what? A lot of new Nollywood films are almost there. Watch Francophone films or even some good South African productions. There is so much non Hollywood stuff we can look at... even low budget European films.
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by babyboy3(m): 7:30pm On Jan 08, 2013
VillageBoi:

They probably should look back on their past productions for starters. I do, however, understand what you mean by "What should Nollywood use to measure how far they have come?" I pretty much doubt Speedyboi is saying we shouldn't make any comparisions whatsoever but let's not really fool ourselves - a Nollywood budget production is never going to look like a Hollywood $200M film. We really need not look that far.

There are so many other African films, mainly 'dramas' that we can aspire to be as good as... and guess what? A lot of new Nollywood films are almost there. Watch Francophone films or even some good South African productions. There is so much non Hollywood stuff we can look at... even low budget European films.

Exactly

The Full Monty cost less than £2m and was up for an Oscar and Bafta,.... What cost most in films are special effects and stars salaries. It all starts with taking time to make a movie and not CRASH BANG WALLOP movie.
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by VillageBoi(m): 9:57pm On Jan 08, 2013
baby-boy:

Exactly
The Full Monty cost less than £2m and was up for an Oscar and Bafta,.... What cost most in films are special effects and stars salaries. It all starts with taking time to make a movie and not CRASH BANG WALLOP movie.

True talk. For now we need to forget Action, Spectacle, VFX driven, dazzle-your-eye films, let Yankee keep doing that as they can afford to do it very, very well and concentrate on simple, highly emotional dramas - that we CAN do BUT as I always say "Story is King" - the level of our writing/story-telling needs to seriously improve first!
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 08, 2013
@Villageboi.........have you watched ije? If you have, please tell me what you think....before I bear my mind
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by VillageBoi(m): 11:57pm On Jan 08, 2013
speedyboi: @Villageboi.........have you watched ije? If you have, please tell me what you think....before I bear my mind

No I have not Speedyboi. Wanted to buy the DVD ages ago but at the time the shipping cost to the UK was $24ish and I went 'sod that' lol.
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by Briareos(m): 1:45am On Jan 09, 2013
Its really cool we are asking ourselves this question... If Nigerians know good movies, i.e.

I've pondered on the question myself many times and well, lets just - I'm still pondering on it.

But it depends on what we classify as 'good' movie.

If a good movie is one with well written script, believable actors, good storytelling skills, with a storyline that is relevant to Nigerians, attractive picture quality and laudable cinematography - YES, I'm very sure Nigerians will recognize it. We are NOT entirely as barbaric as we seems.

But if a good movie is one which is trying to be like a 'yankee movie'. A rushed job, with extremely irritating visual effects, whack script, terrible storyline that is not feasible in a typical Nigeria settings, etc, Nigerians might not know IT and might just stick to the cliche, recycled storyline of pseudo true love and juju they are used to.

See Bro, the answer is beating us in the face. Is there a single Naija movie that falls into the first category?

A lot has been said already and I see no reason to continue to beat a dead horse.

Addendum:

Village and Semid, una weldone o! Until I carry placard abi?
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by VillageBoi(m): 7:44am On Jan 09, 2013
Briareos, how now? Where have you been? True talk, I also think Nigerians DO know good movies; even if we're not really making them. Ah, no carry placard oh!
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by Briareos(m): 9:49am On Jan 09, 2013
VillageBoi:
Briareos, how now? Where have you been? True talk, I also think Nigerians DO know good movies; even if we're not really making them. Ah, no carry placard oh!

My script must be so bad that its taking you a century to finish.
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 09, 2013
VillageBoi:

No I have not Speedyboi. Wanted to buy the DVD ages ago but at the time the shipping cost to the UK was $24ish and I went 'sod that' lol.

Please do watch it. It was officially released on DVD; 3rd December, last year. I want to know if you will notice what I noticed...lol
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by semid4lyfe(m): 11:14am On Jan 09, 2013
Speedyboi, I dey vex for you o

You posted that Ije was out on DVD and I went to one of the advertised outlets to get a copy and it cost me N700 instead of N500. Oya, come refund me my N200

Yet to watch it but I hope to do so before month end. . . .

@ Briares, no vex. . .will still get in touch

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Court Lifts Injunction On “okafor’s Law” Movie, To Show In Cinemas Tomorrow / Startimes Risks Winding-Up Court Order Over $11m Football Rights Debt / Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.