Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? (15800 Views)

A Thread For Good Movies That Are Not Popular. / ***~~~Good Movies With Stupid/terrible Endings~~~*** / Good Movies You've Seen So Far In 2008 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by VillageBoi(m): 8:47pm On Mar 01, 2013
speedyboi:
@Villageboi, this ^ is the reason why I said 'depending on the way it is written', since she said categorically that she didn't use any software.
For example, I got chances to glance through some scripts, trust me some nigerian writers can finish half of the director's job in the script. You see lots of descriptions, eye movements & communication, types of music scores for the scene and so much more. Infact, description of moods and set can take up a page or more. Lol....at the same time, some script can be so simple, but tight. I get your point though, but I say; check how she writes first! wink

You're so right there... I completely forgot about people writing with full camera & cast directions lol
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 02, 2013
ijebabe: undecided
Stop derailing this thread tongue
Better gimme the food I want before I scatter everywhere for you now angry

ugojamali: guyssorry to derail a bit but how can i attach pictures to my thread I've been battling with that for long
grin grin grin

Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by Giftedhands2(f): 10:33am On Mar 11, 2013
Village and speedy bois, pls reply my mail .
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by VillageBoi(m): 11:02am On Mar 11, 2013
Gifted_hands: Village and speedy bois, pls reply my mail .

You send email? I no get any email o! I beg double check my email address.
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by Giftedhands2(f): 12:37pm On Mar 11, 2013
I just fowarded again to aneleonwuka@btinternet.com
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by VillageBoi(m): 2:18pm On Mar 11, 2013
Gifted_hands: I just fowarded again to aneleonwuka@btinternet.com

That is really odd as I have not received your email nor did it go into my spam box.
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 11, 2013
I've seen ur mail.....and I've read it. Just chill grin, ill reply
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by VillageBoi(m): 5:19pm On Mar 11, 2013
speedyboi: I've seen ur mail.....and I've read it. Just chill grin, ill reply

That is so not fair... howcome I haven't got it? I beg bro you fit forward am to me (with her addy as well)... e be like say her address and mine no wan talk.
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by Jayboy124: 11:01pm On Mar 11, 2013
smiley
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by VillageBoi(m): 1:02am On Mar 12, 2013
Ta SpeedyBoi.
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by Nobody: 7:43am On Mar 12, 2013
VillageBoi:
Ta SpeedyBoi.

Chill I will forward it to you. Hope it delivers too
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 12, 2013
Villageboi. I hope you've seen it cos I sent it immediately after my last post
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by VillageBoi(m): 3:16pm On Mar 12, 2013
speedyboi: Villageboi. I hope you've seen it cos I sent it immediately after my last post

Yes my brother I got it, thanks for that. I actually got two... did you write the explaination of the 'Z' & 'E' dialogue thing? Not sure which email addy belongs to who lol.
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Mar 12, 2013
Mine was just forwarded directly. It has a doc attachment of the 10pages
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by VillageBoi(m): 5:53pm On Mar 16, 2013
@ Gifted Hands no vex, I will email you tomorrow since I think I have your addy.
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 01, 2013
Nigeria and their movies,churning out scraps which they call movies,but can we really blame them,i don't think its their fault because they are handicapped,its the fault of the people watching this movies for instance you see an average nigerian who prefers to sit down and watch jenifa and laugh at her stupidity than watch an educative film or an intelligent movie,movies which gets you thinking.
Everybody would agree with me that the aim of every business is to make profit,so also is the movie business and when you have an audience that is not upgraded enough to watch movies like the ones our international counterpart produce-there is a big problem because how do i get the return on my investment if majority of people that watch my movies are middle aged and senior citizens-and if we take a look at our movie industry,ther are many improvements needed and mostly many aspects lacking,therefore i present
1.lack of cinema houses to house the theatrical run of this movies
2.piracy at its peak
3.the people watching this movies and many more.

What i want to bring out here is that if we the people watching this movies don't accept this movies anymore,the people making it would stop making it and they would find an alternative means of making movies to the desirability of the people watching their movies

2 Likes

Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by sholay2011(m): 1:45pm On Apr 01, 2013
Tadon200: Nigeria and their movies,churning out scraps which they call movies,but can we really blame them,i don't think its their fault because they are handicapped,its the fault of the people watching this movies for instance you see an average nigerian who prefers to sit down and watch jenifa and laugh at her stupidity than watch an educative film or an intelligent movie,movies which gets you thinking.
Everybody would agree with me that the aim of every business is to make profit,so also is the movie business and when you have an audience that is not upgraded enough to watch movies like the ones our international counterpart produce-there is a big problem because how do i get the return on my investment if majority of people that watch my movies are middle aged and senior citizens-and if we take a look at our movie industry,ther are many improvements needed and mostly many aspects lacking,therefore i present
1.lack of cinema houses to house the theatrical run of this movies
2.piracy at its peak
3.the people watching this movies and many more.

What i want to bring out here is that if we the people watching this movies don't accept this movies anymore,the people making it would stop making it and they would find an alternative means of making movies to the desirability of the people watching their movies
God bless you. You just pointed out the essence of me creating this topic.

Because. I feel many Nigerians would rather settle with a cheap comedy that could reduce one's IQ instead of a well-shot intelligent movie.

This has a way of affecting what producers churn out...though there is never an excuse for mediocrity.
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by VillageBoi(m): 2:20am On Apr 29, 2013
Ahhhhh... the Anchor Baby thread has just made me remember this thread.
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by Nomski0(f): 3:43am On May 01, 2013
Ikengawo:
it's not an nigerian thing, it's a global thing. Im here in the US and people would rather listen to music that talks about selling drugs and shakingass than music that means anything or takes talent to make

same with movies. People would rather watch nonsense than anything that makes sense and someone took time to make. Even in the US a lot of the movies with special effects are a waste of time, luckily many directors can combine special effects with good stories and talented actors and actresses, but a lot of complete nonsense has made people millions of dollars. Kim Kardashian is a millionaire and all she did was knack her boyfriend on video.

finally! Someone gets that kim kardashian is just a glorified slut.
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by VillageBoi(m): 4:08pm On May 01, 2013
Nomski0:
finally! Someone gets that kim kardashian is just a glorified slut.

Lol, I thought everyone got that!
Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by tpia5: 4:39am On May 02, 2013
some documentaries are really good.

i wonder why nigeria doesnt do such.

till today, the only creatures i know of, on our coasts, are mostly shrimp, periwinkles and crayfish.

i dont know what species of fish are there, no idea what the undersea world looks like [real one that is, not the mammy water stuff] off the nigerian coast, etc etc. Do we have coral?

oh well, maybe its classified information.

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? by VillageBoi(m): 8:24am On May 02, 2013
^^^^^
Lol, @ tpia - that gave me a good chuckle this morning! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Court Lifts Injunction On “okafor’s Law” Movie, To Show In Cinemas Tomorrow / Startimes Risks Winding-Up Court Order Over $11m Football Rights Debt / Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.