Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan (5774 Views)

Heads Of Federal Agencies As Of Last Year (jonathan's Administration) / Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Break Ramadan Fast This Evening (Photos) / Confab Holds Early Next Year — Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan by Idokojimmy: 5:57am On Jan 02, 2013
PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan on Tuesday promised that his administration would move faster in the New Year  to accede to the yearnings of the citizens.
“In all our key sectors of the economy, we have laid solid foundations and now we are moving ahead. We will move very fast to make sure that what Nigerians expect from us as a government, we will do,” the President said  during a New Year service at the All Saints’ Anglican Church, Zone 5, Wuse, Abuja.

“We are working very hard and I am convinced that 2013 will be a better year for this country,” he added.

The Jonathan administration has been criticised many times for its alleged slow response to the expectations of the citizens.
The President,  during a Christmas Service in Abuja last week, had said his administration appeared to be slow in taking decisions on national issues because he wanted to avoid making mistakes.

He said experience had shown him that when rushing to take decisions, government might make serious mistakes which would be difficult to correct.
The statement drew criticisms from opposition political parties and human rights activists who felt the President could not justify the slow pace of his government in delivering dividends of democracy to the people.

Jonathan, however, stressed that his government had been working hard to satisfy Nigerians, especially in the area of checking insecurity in  the country.

He said, “On the part of government, we are also not sleeping. We are working very hard. I am constantly being briefed on security matters that I don’t need to publish in the media. I can assure that our security operatives have been working very hard.
“Most of the people who have been involved in these crimes like bombing of the Catholic Church in Niger State, bombing of the UN Building and bombing of the police headquarters have been arrested. Almost all of them have been arrested,” Jonathan said The President announced the arrests while recounting the “silent” success of his administration as congregants gathered to usher in the New Year.

The violent Islamic sect, Boko Haram, had claimed responsibility for the bombing of St. Theresaaa’s Catholic Church in Mandalla, Niger State, as well as the attack on the UN building, in Abuja,  on August 26, 2011. A bomb-laden car had ripped through security barriers and rammed into the building, killing at least 25 persons, mostly aid workers.
A lone bomber from the sect similarly attacked the Louis Edet Police building in the Federal Capital Territory on June 16, 2011. The lone bomber and a policeman died during the attack while more than 70 vehicles were destroyed by the fire ignited by the explosion at the car park.

Jonathan said his administration had been  working very hard, mostly without the knowledge of the citizens, to solve the insecurity in the country.

While thanking the Church for its prayers in the past, the President urged them to continue to assist his administration.

He recalled that the support of the church for the nation dated back to when the country was struggling to transit from military to civilian rule.
“The church has been praying for this country, not just now. I remember during the period of transition from military to civilian, when this country was drifting and we did not know where we were going, the church prayed. God intervened and stabilised the country,” he said.

Jonathan said because of the nation’s large youth population, his administration was committed to job creation, adding that many of the problems facing the nation were caused by Nigerians’ attitude and ways of life.
He said the get-rich-quick syndrome had led many people into criminal activities, including robbery, embezzlement in offices and other anti-social behaviour.

Earlier in his sermon, the Primate, Church of Nigeria, Anglican Communion, Most Revd. Nicholas Okoh, had asked Jonathan and others in positions of authority to circumcise their hearts so that they could deliver the dividends of democracy to Nigerians in the New Year.

He also asked those in the civil service and the private sector to take a similar step in order to shun vices that had contributed to the country’s woes over the years.

In his sermon titled, ‘Circumcise Your Heart,’ Okoh defined circumcision as the cutting off of the old life of sins such as corruption, cheating and hypocrisy, among others.

He said it was the seal of the covenant between God and Abraham which could be likened to modern day baptism.

He said, “As we start the New Year and mark the naming and circumcision of the baby Jesus today, Nigerians should circumcise their hearts.

“Pastors in the vineyard of God must circumcise their hearts. Captains of industry must circumcise their hearts; civil servants who hide files to make money must circumcise their hearts.

“Politicians at all levels, federal, state and local governments as well as in all arms of government, the Executive, Legislature and Judiciary should circumcise their hearts.

“Lecturers who harass female students for marks, and ladies who tempt lectures with their skimpy dresses must also circumcise their hearts.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/we-will-move-very-fast-this-year-jonathan/

Re: We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan by AbdulAdam56(m): 6:09am On Jan 02, 2013
Not fast.We have to make it right.

1 Like

Re: We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan by mankevo(m): 6:14am On Jan 02, 2013
Mr President, You really have to move fast to unite this nation.
Be serious with governance, work less on excuses,committees,speeches, mistakes.....these earned you the highest bad reputation in 2012, and MUST stop with 2012

2013 should herald a wave of ''excellent reputation'' where our nation should be taken serious across our borders.
We Pray for you so that all the curses,abuses,insults and disrespects of 2012 will turn to Praises and cheers this 2013

Remember, Nigerians will not be suprised by your failures again, but will really be surprised & shocked by your agressive and dynamic performance.
May God help you discover your bad advisers/functionaries, and give you courage to wean them off to earn yourself the respect of your office.
God be with us All

5 Likes

Re: We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan by killuminati(m): 6:24am On Jan 02, 2013
OMG! This man talks more and work less. Ok we don hearr sir! 3rd to comment jare Good M̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊я̩̥̊N̤̥̈̊ɪ̣̝̇n̶̲̥̅̊G̲̣̣̣̥ everybody!!!
Re: We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan by dayokanu(m): 6:39am On Jan 02, 2013
Can retardeen just shut up and drive?

Seems he just likes hearing his own voice

3 Likes

Re: We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan by Akshow: 6:56am On Jan 02, 2013
As part of my new year resolution, i have promise myself not to read any shait said by the Otutueke baboon cos all na wash. Fake promises and lip service as usual

1 Like

Re: We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan by Nobody: 7:00am On Jan 02, 2013
I'm sure most Nigerians would rather move slowly in the right direction than move quickly in the wrong direction. All we want is progress. Once we are headed towards progress, speed can be discussed.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan by israel007: 7:03am On Jan 02, 2013
Talk is cheap
Re: We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan by fingard02k(m): 7:09am On Jan 02, 2013
Move faster with KEKE NAPEP or OKADA?
Re: We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan by Jesufrend(m): 7:46am On Jan 02, 2013
abeg comot make i pass, na today nyash dey back?
Re: We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan by k2039: 7:48am On Jan 02, 2013
[color=soyouquotedme]As much as I want you to move fast, I also want you to do the right things.

No matter how fast you move, if your prioritites are wrong you will only get to the wrong destination on time.

So all Nigerians want from you is EFFECTIVENESS, we want result.

So your focus as president is not to prove to us that you are not slow or a retardeen.
Your real focus is to get your prirorities right, less talk, more action.
[/color]

2 Likes

Re: We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan by touchplay(m): 7:48am On Jan 02, 2013
someone needs to clear me out on this issue ........D fuel subsidy of a thing he succeeded in removing early last year.i thought he mentioned it was for a givin period of time.probably 6 months why are nigerians still quiet about it. Are we now ok wit d fuel price @ a N97/100? Is it now a life time policy ?
Re: We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan by Nobody: 8:12am On Jan 02, 2013
Make e kukuma omit some days for the calender...

Abeg pass me my Gala and La Casera lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan by Dfrenzy(m): 8:14am On Jan 02, 2013
Uhm...!!!
Re: We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan by donfatosa(m): 8:14am On Jan 02, 2013
We are praying for you to make it happen.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan by Iaz93: 8:15am On Jan 02, 2013
Expecting the best from oga Jona!

2 Likes

Re: We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan by Techwriter: 8:16am On Jan 02, 2013
[size=18pt]Amen[/size]

2 Likes

Re: We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan by vichofu(m): 8:19am On Jan 02, 2013
click like if u didnt bother 2 read all dis nonsense jare

17 Likes

Re: We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan by nlofficial(m): 8:20am On Jan 02, 2013
Move very fast What about moving very swiftly? As in we'll enter that BRT bus to move fast or what?

Well from a man with no clue in Governance, one shouldn't expect much.

One advice: He should get of his high boat of fishing! Talking of moving fast, Nigeria is not a boat!
Re: We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan by stanley095(m): 8:22am On Jan 02, 2013
na today gej keep ur talk and work. We dnt want to hear u talk but to see ur work
Re: We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan by Akpan107(m): 8:22am On Jan 02, 2013
dayokanu: Can retardeen just shut up and drive?

Seems he just likes hearing his own voice
Stop the names calling, he is sombody's father! You can still condem contructively without abusing. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan by nlofficial(m): 8:26am On Jan 02, 2013
touchplay: someone needs to clear me out on this issue ........D fuel subsidy of a thing he succeeded in removing early last year.i thought he mentioned it was for a givin period of time.prpbably 6 months(if i'm not mistaken)why are nigerians still quiet about it. Are we now ok wit d fuel price @ a N97/100? Is it now a life time policy ?

We have forgotten. Nigerians barely look back talk about governance. Whether good or bad, we move on! As a matter of fact you reminded me of that statement that it's just for 6 months. But lo, we were lied to.

Nigerians should always prepare for the worst under PDP.
Re: We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan by iamdsam: 8:31am On Jan 02, 2013
Even though Goodluck Jonathan use jet and electric train for he movement to fast, he nor go still do anything
Re: We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan by ichommy(m): 8:38am On Jan 02, 2013
Asan enu bi ti aje akara
Re: We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan by Gbawe: 8:39am On Jan 02, 2013
Nigerians never fail to surprise me with the levels of lack of ambition and perseverance with mediocrity they show that must now be very unique to us in the comity of nations. As an example, only recently, the Ribadu report was thrown in the bin disgracefully and theatrically, in front of the entire world, without much protest from Nigerians. That was direct evidence your President wants the status quo to remain in the all-important petroleum sector.

Instead of noting what needed to be seen, as responsible citizens, many even defended this ultra-corrupt President and his Petroleum Minister who committed procedurally unacceptable offences that would have seen her sacked on the spot elsewhere. Nothing came of that yet we are here discussing the 'go faster stripes' Mr.President says he has taken delivery of. 'Goodluck' to Nigeria in 2013. You will get this same speech January next near and your responses will be the same as a people who never tire of empty and unfulfilled promises and simply do not seem interested in holding leaders to account or booting them out when they fall way below acceptable standards.

3 Likes

Re: We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan by otokx(m): 8:40am On Jan 02, 2013
God is watching him
Re: We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan by onyxo76(m): 8:52am On Jan 02, 2013
Moving fast and doing a shoddy job is what I don't want.just give us steady power supply and all other things will be added unto it.
Re: We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan by anishe(m): 9:05am On Jan 02, 2013
I hope your idea of moving faster in 2013 is not for corruption. Move faster with the provision of basic amenities like good roads, hospitals, safe airspace, constant supply of electricity, provision of jobs for the teeming populace, respect for judiciary, zero tolerance for corruption, empowerment of EFCC and so on. God help us.
Re: We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan by omowolewa: 9:06am On Jan 02, 2013
No matter how fast GEJ moves, the speed of corruption is directly proportional to the speed of his Administration (if not more).

Except if the so call speed is about value delivery. if its about budget implementation, just forget it.

Because immediately government pays 10% mobilisation fee on contracts, it has achieved 10% budget implementation while value delivery is 0%. Talkless of the fact that other 90% will be used on corruption, kick-backs/PR and other 'Nigerian factor things'. Leaving 45% of the budget for value delivery.

What is GEJ administration doing to empower EFCC, ICPC, NPF, and other anti graft agencies along side with the judiciary, against corruption

What is GEJ administration doing to ensure the money spend is equal to value realised

Oga GEJ,its better you kill corruption first before it kills your administration.
Re: We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 02, 2013
Amen oo. This year speed and achivement shall be 7times that of last year. God, i know you understand.
Re: We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan by Gbawe: 9:16am On Jan 02, 2013
omowolewa: No matter how fast GEJ moves, the speed of corruption is directly proportional to the speed of his Administration (if not more).

Except if the so call speed is about value delivery. if its about budget implementation, just forget it.

Because immediately government pays 10% mobilisation fee on contracts, it has achieved 10% budget implementation while value delivery is 0%. Talkless of the fact that other 90% will be used on corruption, kick-backs/PR and other 'Nigerian factor things'. Leaving 45% of the budget for value delivery.

Oga GEJ,its better you kill corruption first before it kills your administration.

How can this happen? As an example, did the entire world not see GEJ set up the Ribadu Petroleum task force? With all that happened, is it now not crystal clear GEJ intended to deceive Nigerians and give his lifetime love (corruption) 'more breathing space'? Did we not see GEJ, his 'wife' (Allison-Madueke) and minions (Otti, Orasanye) deliberately sabotage the work of Ribadu to ensure all suggestions of the committee headed straight for the waste bin?

In nations where people see clearly, are not brainwashed and don't fool themselves, it would be accepted unanimously that GEJ = corruption and corruption = GEJ. I don't know why we don't accept the obvious in Nigeria with our demand that two lovers totally committed to each other should split.

1 Like

Re: We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:16am On Jan 02, 2013
So he knew he was slow.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ohanaeze Parleys Middle Belt Youths For New Political Identity / Check Out Throwback Photo Of Adams Oshiohmole When He Was Still A Nonentity / Governor Dickson Receives African Value Awards Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.