Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,918 members, 7,806,669 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Jonathan’s 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Abuja (19849 Views)

Rival APC Posters Flood Abuja / Lamido-Amaechi’s Campaign Posters Flood Abuja / Lamido/Amaechi's 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Kaduna. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan’s 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Abuja by Gbawe: 8:54am On Jan 02, 2013
"2015: No vacancy in Aso Rock".

It is now official. Nigerians, prepare for the mother of all looting.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/jonathans-2015-campaign-posters-flood-abuja/

Jonathan’s 2015 campaign posters flood Abuja
on JANUARY 2, 2013 · in NEWS
12:40 am

By Soni Daniel, Regional Editor, North

ABUJA—Giant campaign posters, announcing President Goodluck Jonathan’s readiness to contest the 2015 presidential election, greeted Nigerians in Abuja, the nation’s capital, as they woke up to savour the dawn of the New Year.

The all-glossy posters, which were strategically posted in the high brow areas of the Federal Capital Territory, did not however indicate the source or the sponsor of the advertisement.

The launch of the campaign materials contradicts the President’s claim that he has not yet decided on the 2015 poll but concentrating effort on transforming Nigeria in line with his manifesto to give the people a ‘fresh air’.

It was not clear why the sponsors of the message decided to put it out on the first day of the new year but a source familiar with the message pointed out that it was to send a strong message to the opposition that Jonathan was serious about contesting in 2015 and to test the reactions of the Nigerians.

The campaign posters have been spread across the major areas of ECOWAS, Peoples Democratic Party Secretariat in Wuse 5, and the Central Business District, where major government offices are situated.

One of the posters, which had President Goodluck Jonathan’s portrait read, 2015: No vacancy in Aso Rock. Let’s do more. One good term deserves another. Support Dr. Goodluck Azikiwe Jonathan for 2015 Presidency.

Presidency disowns posters

When contacted the Political Adviser to the President, Alhaji Ahmed Gulak disowned the posters saying that they did not emanate from the presidency and that “the president has not authorised anybody to print any campaign poster for him as regards 2015 elections”.

He declared that the president has been “pre-occupied with working to fix Nigeria and did not want to be distracted by undue politicking about 2015”.

The presidential aide further said that the pasting of the posters could be the work of mischief makers who want to deceive Nigerians.

However, in an exclusive interview with Vanguard last month, Okupe had said that when the time was ripe his boss would respond to the issue of 2015, insisting that Mr. President was preoccupied with fixing Nigeria’s problems at the moment.

Okupe pointed out that it was wrong for some Nigerians to try to distract the President from fulfilling his electioneering promises to the nation by bringing up the issue of 2015 presidency.

The aide, however, said the wonderful performance of Jonathan at the end of the tenure would make most Nigerians to compel him to run in 2015.

“Nigerians ‘ll want him to run”

Okupe had said: “I am very certain in my mind that Nigerians are going to applaud him and even if he does not want to run for election, Nigerians are going to force him to run again because of the level of performance.

“Only God and the people of Nigeria will decide what will happen in 2015. But I think what is uppermost in the President’s mind is to solve the basic needs of Nigerians by improving power, infrastructure, roads and check insecurity in the land.

“When he achieves all these, Nigerians will decide what to do with him. In fact, when we get to the bridge we will learn how to cross it. That is what I can say about 2015 for now.”

The poster, it was gathered, was printed by political hawks close to the Presidency in light of recent claims by the opposition to forge an alliance to chase out Jonathan in 2015, coupled with the warning by the Niger Delta former militant leader, Asari Dokubo, to Jonathan not to run in the next election because of poor outing so far.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Abuja by k2039: 9:40am On Jan 02, 2013
[color=soyouquotedme]Congratulation to GEJ.

Nothing wrong, even without the campaign it's obvious he has second term ambitions.

The beauty of democracy is just that campaign is not sufficient to win elections, it boils down to the masses.

For Okupe, I have absolutely nothing to disagree with him about, he is just doing his own work. He can hype or over rate the president for all I care, it still doesn't change the reality of GEJ's presidency to any sane mind.
[/color]

14 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Abuja by PaulJohn1: 9:44am On Jan 02, 2013
Wow, so fast.
Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Abuja by Igwe9(m): 9:47am On Jan 02, 2013
Hmm,

only time can tell
Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Abuja by nuclearboy(m): 9:55am On Jan 02, 2013
Why do you feel there's nothing "wrong" about this? The dude promised, didn't he, that he would run only one term!

I see this as another indicator, in a long list of such, that worse days are ahead - the core insane north, will only get angrier and Nigeria will boil further! At the same time, the man himself loses more credibility and respect from all and sundry!

If he was performing well, the common man would support him but that's not the case - so his ambition will cause more trouble, worsening the insecurity in the land, further entrenching tribalism and division yet adding zero value to Nigeria! Its just the less than 1% who are (in)direct beneficiaries and the ethnic warriors who wish disintegration (since they never saw war) that will be pleased! Yet when the common man curses or rejoices at evil befalling them, people will come out and scream! You are dehumanising your own people for personal selfishness yet believe they ought continue to love you - na wa O!

2013 - I fear!
k2039: [color=soyouquotedme]Congratulation to GEJ.

Nothing wrong, even without the campaign it's obvious he has second term ambitions.

The beauty of democracy is just that campaign is not sufficient to win elections, it boils down to the masses.

For Okupe, I have absolutely nothing to disagree with him about, he is just doing his own work. He can hype or over rate the president for all I care, it still doesn't change the reality of GEJ's presidency to any sane mind.
[/color]

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Abuja by Hardfact: 9:57am On Jan 02, 2013
Is Nigeria's problem that complex? Why not stamp your feet and deliver and then have the masses themselves force you to go for a 2nd term even if you refuse. That's the shortest cut to Aso Rock.
Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Abuja by eunisam: 10:14am On Jan 02, 2013
carry go isi aki

13 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Abuja by Nobody: 10:20am On Jan 02, 2013
So na dust-bin dem fit paste the posters....?

What a metaphor !! cheesy cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Abuja by lacasa: 10:34am On Jan 02, 2013
GEJ never fails to shock & awe grin

Nigerians r in trouble gringringrin
Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Abuja by k2039: 10:37am On Jan 02, 2013
nuclearboy: Why do you feel there's nothing "wrong" about this? The dude promised, didn't he, that he would run only one term!

I see this as another indicator, in a long list of such, that worse days are ahead - the core insane north, will only get angrier and Nigeria will boil further! At the same time, the man himself loses more credibility and respect from all and sundry!

If he was performing well, the common man would support him but that's not the case - so his ambition will cause more trouble, worsening the insecurity in the land, further entrenching tribalism and division yet adding zero value to Nigeria! Its just the less than 1% who are (in)direct beneficiaries and the ethnic warriors who wish disintegration (since they never saw war) that will be pleased! Yet when the common man curses or rejoices at evil befalling them, people will come out and scream! You are dehumanising your own people for personal selfishness yet believe they ought continue to love you - na wa O!

2013 - I fear!
[color=soyouquotedme]Trust me, I want GEJ out, just like most Nigerians.

About GEJ's promise to run for a term in office, just a typical politician, BRF also said something like that indirectly. I'm not making an excuse for him, but it just shows that he can't be trusted to deliver on his word.

The big question, has GEJ violated the constitution with this campaign?(I doubt if he did).

So it all boils down to the masses in 2015.
My former signature on nairaland was this.
[/color]
Politics is only as good as the people who make it their calling and those who put them into office either by voting or refusing to vote.The maintenance of good government is dependent on good people
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

[color=soyouquotedme]So irrespective of whether he campaigns now or not, the ultimate decision lies in our hand either to re-elect him or force him out. [/color]

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Abuja by Gbawe: 10:41am On Jan 02, 2013
Hardfact: Is Nigeria's problem that complex? Why not stamp your feet and deliver and then have the masses themselves force you to go for a 2nd term even if you refuse. That's the shortest cut to Aso Rock.

Precisely. That is why I keep saying that Nigeria resembles a cursed aberration. Instead of GEJ performing and automatically securing support for future ambition, we will all have the displeasure of having to watch things done in an upside down manner by a nation that deliberately plans to sabotage itself. I.e a man promoted far above his station in the first place will simply attempt to buy a second term , with copious amount of Nigeria's wealth, because the performance option is out since he simply does not have even minimal ability to perform satisfactorily.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Abuja by Nobody: 10:43am On Jan 02, 2013
One good term deserves another? Ok na till then na im we go know how far. angry

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Abuja by mankevo(m): 10:54am On Jan 02, 2013
Who is surprised?
His desperate effort to have Anenih head PDP's b.o.t alone is the pointer to that effect
Let Nigerians rise to the task of shoving off ethnicity,religous clination,sentimental attachment, and also study the remaining 2years of his administrations, maybe there will be ''nuclear changes''
Their denial of anything didnt start today, so Gulak's denial of the knowledge shouldn't stop us in being observatory in the happenings ahead.
Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Abuja by nonso84(m): 11:18am On Jan 02, 2013
Smh!
Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Abuja by joeyfire(m): 11:23am On Jan 02, 2013
But GEJ said categorically before the 2011 elections that he wouldn't seek a second term if elected. He had better not even think about it.

Honestly if he toes the rarely used path of honour by conducting free and fair elections and leaves everybody yabbing him now will have something good to say
Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Abuja by joeyfire(m): 11:25am On Jan 02, 2013
Demdem: like i stated in a similar thread. just like where the posters where placed (Dustbin), the retardeen himself is a piece of shiiit. Its his right to contest and its left for Nigerians to decide if they want him or not.

He said he wouldn't contest so whether nigerians want or not he should kindly leave in 2015. I sound naïve I know especially as so many overdue promises are being pushed to 2015 for completion
Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Abuja by musiwa11: 11:33am On Jan 02, 2013
joeyfire , by now you dont goodluck tell lies. where are you from. the moon or china. he cant get 20% of the vote.. he will ring it. there is no election in nigeria..
Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Abuja by Demdem(m): 11:36am On Jan 02, 2013
joeyfire:

He said he wouldn't contest so whether nigerians want or not he should kindly leave in 2015. I sound naïve I know especially as so many overdue promises are being pushed to 2015 for completion

Of cos he did.

1. You Promised to rule for only one term (reference http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12339017)

However, knowing fully well that the retardeen is a bloody liar and hypocrite, the earlier we face the realities the better for us all.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Abuja by Goddex: 11:41am On Jan 02, 2013
The whole PDP with their money and swag will now post
their Presidential candidate's campaign posters on dustbins?

Mischief-makers on the prowl . . . lol
Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Abuja by musiwa11: 11:41am On Jan 02, 2013
demdem you are showing bbc.. he told BBC a lie.. what you expect from goodluck before.. where are you from russia.. ? even if nobody show up to vote. he will rig it.. this is how africa elections are they ring it..

Why do you think i have called for break up of nigeria. it is not possible to conduct free and fair election in Nigeria... and in 2015.. the violent is going to 100 time what it was in 2011..

there will be so violent and killing that you will need God to save the people.. if Goodluck wins again.. so the need to break up the the country.

the number of people that will die.. will be so high a figure.. even if you put in a northern there.. either north or south, there will still have the same problem.

look there is time for everything.. this is the time to break up nigeria.. You see there will be so much violent, that the govt may not be able to end the violent..

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Abuja by Demdem(m): 11:45am On Jan 02, 2013
musiwa11: demdem you are showing bbc.. he told BBC a lie.. what you expect from goodluck before.. where are you from russia.. ? even if nobody show up to vote. he will ring it.. this is how africa elections are they ring it..

Why do you think i have called for break up of nigeria. it is not possible to conduct free and fair election in Nigeria... and in 2015.. the violent is going to 100 time what it was in 2011..

there will be so violent and killing that you will need God to save the people.. if Goodluck wins again.. so the need to break up the the country

of cos Musiwa, i know Jonathan will "ring" the elections grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Abuja by musiwa11: 11:50am On Jan 02, 2013
nigeria will end up in a civil war over this.. best thing to do is break nigeria. that why britian broke up nigeria into 3 in the first place.. the reason britain broke nigeria into 3 in the first place, is because they study the politics and people and found that they do not get along..

and we need to return them back to the three country.. i am from the west, and we do not believe in no southern nigeria country.. wee believe we are westerners. the northerners see themself as northerners and the east seen themself as easterners.. nobody see themself as nigerian.. this is been honest with you..

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Abuja by Goddex: 11:52am On Jan 02, 2013
Demdem:

Of cos he did.

1. You Promised to rule for only one term (reference http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12339017)

He is at liberty to change his mind. Boutrus Boutrus Ghali, former UN Secretary General
after vowing to do just a term but ended up angling for and actually doing two terms stated
vehemently that he has changed his mind and that only a foool does not change his mind on something.

So Demdem are you a f . . .?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Abuja by joeyfire(m): 11:53am On Jan 02, 2013
musiwa11: joeyfire , by now you dont goodluck tell lies. where are you from. the moon or china. he cant get 20% of the vote.. he will ring it. there is no election in nigeria..

Bros have faith the man will leave. Say Amen
Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Abuja by Demdem(m): 11:54am On Jan 02, 2013
Goddex:

He is at liberty to change his mind. Boutrus Boutrus Ghali, former UN Secretary General
after vowing to do just a term but ended up angling for and actually doing two terms stated
vehemently that he has changed his mind and that only a foool does not change his mind on something.

oga, ur post wasnt neccessarily.

Demdem: like i stated in a similar thread. just like where the posters where placed (Dustbin), the retardeen himself is a piece of shiiit. Its his right to contest and its left for Nigerians to decide if they want him or not.

It only reveals to me the more what i know about him. A very inconsistent and crafty leader.
Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Abuja by GARRIx7(m): 11:54am On Jan 02, 2013
Demdem:

of cos Musiwa, i know Jonathan will "ring" the elections grin grin

{{{ BOOM }}}

Musi don throw BOMB oooo..... cheesy cheesy

♍ake I take cover...... grin
Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Abuja by Demdem(m): 11:56am On Jan 02, 2013
Goddex:

So Demdem, I am a f . . .?

Fixed cool
Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Abuja by GARRIx7(m): 11:59am On Jan 02, 2013
Goddex: The whole PDP with their money and swag will now post
their Presidential candidate's campaign posters on dustbins?

Mischief-makers on the prowl . . . lol

Do you think ACN did it??
Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Abuja by musiwa11: 12:00pm On Jan 02, 2013
Boutrus Boutrus Ghali never claim he was going to do that.. the issue is Goodluck should not continue as president of Nigeria. from what he as done so far. he does not merit to remain president of Nigeria.. it is also hard to handover to a northerner, you will see more violent to. So before the election. We have to break up nigeria to 3.. and not 2..

if they dont break up nigeria.. there will be so much violent. and may end up in a civil war. Yoruba hate Goodluck with passion.. adeboye is a person who is not intouch with the people of nigeria.. he does not relate so much with them because of security issue.. I am tell you.. the Yorubas like many southerner hate Goodluck with so much passion. He does not merit to return from the view point of Yorubas.. and the northerners also believe he does not merit to return.

But you have to look at the political dynamic of Nigeria.. And you know you have to break up Nigeria into 3.. It is something we cant avoid at this point.. It is the only solution to save the lifes of millions of people.. they have reach the wall.. and violent is the only option the people of Nigeria are left with. So to avoid them going violent.. You just break it.. It is even best for this people.. i am telling you.. as long as you take care of everybody in that nation. they will agree..

the last time nigerian came out this much was in 1993. even while there have been several fuel increase... in 1993 till Goodluck time, they increase fuel from about 7 or N10 to 60 some.. nearly N50 increase the people do not react this bad.. it tell you the level of hate they have for him.. watch the videos, they dont like him. His policy too have not be fair.. that i will say.. look at his budget.. he has not been fair..

the yorubas so much hate Goodluck, not only the northerners they will piss over him. that how bad.. .

Goodluck is the first president in the history of Nigeria, that people are ready to commit suicide to get rid out.. more than 100 people have commited suicide in bomb attack.. that should tell you how bad.. they want him out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5ytW23Vodo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-lE4K4YPQ

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Abuja by anulaxad(m): 12:00pm On Jan 02, 2013
It's obvious he is going to win.

But I surely would not want him to win, but there's nothing I can do. I'm not eligible to vote. undecided
Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Abuja by Goddex: 12:07pm On Jan 02, 2013
@Demdem
This is my post again:

Goddex:

So Demdem are you a f . . .?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

S’court’s Seven-Man Bench Hears Senate’s Suit Against Onnoghen’s Suspension Tue / PDP Seeks Review Of Supreme Court Judgment On 2019 Presidential Election / INEC, APC Oppose Lp’s Request To Quiz IT Experts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.