Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

Should Andrew Check Back Home? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should Andrew Check Back Home? (736 Views)

Andrew S Divine, / ANDREW S DIVINE, / Nigerians Studying Abroad: Would You Go Back Home To Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should Andrew Check Back Home? by CityBoy: 6:16pm On Feb 22, 2008
Hi Guys, I just thought to put this teaser out there to gauge the response of our brodas back at home in this global career race. I am a 28 year old Naijaboy currently living and working in Finance and Real Estate in the city of London. Several of my contemporaries in Nigeria seem to believe the golden age has come for Nigerian professionals and I have recently had several requests to bring back home some of the skills I have acquired abraod. I am a realist and will make decisions based on a number of factors including the exisiting or potential quality of life, income and social security.

Please help, should Andrew start thinking of checking back to Naija?

CityBoy is a Nigerian born and bred blogger who works in the city of London
Re: Should Andrew Check Back Home? by finicky(m): 10:00am On Mar 20, 2008
As they say "shine ur eyes well well" before coming back home, in essence make sure u have secured a good job before venturing to come back, then consider a lot of issues keeping people away from naija-security, power outage, transport, bla bla bla, but remember some pple make it despite all these, but secure a good job first.
Re: Should Andrew Check Back Home? by Delta007(m): 2:19pm On Mar 20, 2008
CityBoy:

Hi Guys, I just thought to put this teaser out there to gauge the response of our brodas back at home in this global career race. I am a 28 year old Naijaboy currently living and working in Finance and Real Estate in the city of London. Several of my contemporaries in Nigeria seem to believe the golden age has come for Nigerian professionals and I have recently had several requests to bring back home some of the skills I have acquired abraod. I am a realist and will make decisions based on a number of factors including the exisiting or potential quality of life, income and social security.

Please help, should Andrew start thinking of checking back to Naija?

CityBoy is a Nigerian born and bred blogger who works in the city of London
My man, like I always tell my professional colleagues, Nigeria is one big market place and several opportunities abound. Things are beginning to open up rapidly and it will be folly to ignore Nigeria now or in the distant future (opportunity wise) unless this positive trend suddenly reverses. My advice, keep an eye in the Nigerian "market". . .if something solid comes up, dont hesitate to check in. However, do your home work properly!

(1) (Reply)

Latest Career Option / Rapson Calls For Interview / Working As An Expat In Ethiopia Or Sudan. Pls Share Experience Of Relocation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.