Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

Man found dead in Concorde swimming pool - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man found dead in Concorde swimming pool (9797 Views)

Nigerian Prostitute Found Dead In Scotland, While On A 2-Day Sex Tour (Pics) / Man Found Dead In Transformer In Ekiti State (Graphic Pics) / Man Found Dead On The Street In Aba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man found dead in Concorde swimming pool by GARRIx7(m): 2:52am On Jan 03, 2013
Man found dead in Concorde swimming pool

January 3, 2013 | 12:55 am

News

By CHIDI NKWOPARA

OWERRI—Two persons have been arrested by Imo Police Command for questioning in connection with the alleged sudden and unnatural death of a man in the swimming pool of Concorde Hotel, Owerri.

Vanguard investigations revealed that the deceased, whose names and addresses remained unknown at press time, hit his head on the walls of the hotel swimming pool as he was having a good time in the pool.

Some workers of the hotel equally told Vanguard that the man was initially spotted in the Bush Bar section of the hotel before ending up in the swimming pool.

The workers also affirmed that two divers (names withheld) had been arrested and were currently helping the police in their investigation into the ugly Christmas day incident.

Vanguard also gathered that the man was rushed to the Federal Medical Centre, Owerri, and confirmed dead on arrival by the doctor on duty.

Confirming this development to Vanguard in Owerri, the Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Mr. Vitalis Onugu, said the report was first lodged at the New Owerri Police Division and later forwarded to the state police command headquarters.

“The deceased has been deposited at Aladinma Hospital mortuary, Owerri, for eventual autopsy.

“The Command is already investigating the matter with a view to ascertaining those involved in the matter,” the PPRO said.

Onugu appealed to Nigerians whose relations travelled or came to Owerri to spend the Christmas and New Year season but have not returned, to report to the public relations unit of Imo State Police Command for assistance

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/man-found-dead-in-concorde-swimming-pool/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Man found dead in Concorde swimming pool by santakris(m): 6:37am On Jan 03, 2013
What a sad way to end d year.
Re: Man found dead in Concorde swimming pool by GARRIx7(m): 6:51am On Jan 03, 2013
santakris: What a sad way to end d year.
hit his head on the walls of the hotel swimming pool as he was having a good time in the pool.

Some workers of the hotel equally told Vanguard that the man was initially spotted in the Bush Bar section of the hotel before ending up in the swimming pool.
Perhaps he was swimming under the influence of alcohol

1 Like

Re: Man found dead in Concorde swimming pool by Abagworo(m): 7:08am On Jan 03, 2013
Swimming pools drank.
Re: Man found dead in Concorde swimming pool by olokpa11(m): 7:09am On Jan 03, 2013
3rd to comment cheesy eya I pity the guy sha, but what is the divers fault ni? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Man found dead in Concorde swimming pool by GARRIx7(m): 7:19am On Jan 03, 2013
olokpa11: eya I pity the guy sha, but what is the divers fault ni? undecided

They're actually stationed near the pool to keep an eye on swimmers. Its not actually their fault, but they may have been negligent. Whatever the case, the large chunk of blame rests with the deceased who swam under the influence of alcohol...
Re: Man found dead in Concorde swimming pool by donchris369: 7:33am On Jan 03, 2013
Alcohol and bootycalls are the easiest way to your early grave. Rest in peace for there is a heaven for hommies.
Re: Man found dead in Concorde swimming pool by Nobody: 7:38am On Jan 03, 2013
Too bad.
Re: Man found dead in Concorde swimming pool by Jeel: 8:23am On Jan 03, 2013
holiday celebration?!

1 Like

Re: Man found dead in Concorde swimming pool by Lbrasi: 9:06am On Jan 03, 2013
Sad one there...
Re: Man found dead in Concorde swimming pool by majortele(m): 9:18am On Jan 03, 2013
R.I.p
Re: Man found dead in Concorde swimming pool by Napolitano(m): 9:58am On Jan 03, 2013
Why does the Nigerian police make witnesses prime suspects in tragic situations like this?

1 Like

Re: Man found dead in Concorde swimming pool by Ihailedthee: 10:32am On Jan 03, 2013
Hmmmmm.

1 Like

Re: Man found dead in Concorde swimming pool by agitator: 11:37am On Jan 03, 2013
olokpa11: 3rd to comment cheesy eya I pity the guy sha, but what is the divers fault ni? undecided

Police no want to hear story, make the divers family begin arrange money for bail otherwise na prison them go end.
Police don broke after the xmas and new year jollification. wink wink wink
Re: Man found dead in Concorde swimming pool by NoContract(m): 11:43am On Jan 03, 2013
[size=18pt]Garri X7 Made front page/

wETIn man no go c[/size]
Re: Man found dead in Concorde swimming pool by GARRIx7(m): 1:09pm On Jan 03, 2013
NoContract: [size=18pt]Garri X7 Made front page/

wETIn man no go c[/size]

I've been making front page same way Messi has been slamming goals for Barca..... cheesy cheesy cheesy

2012 (Sept till Dec) --------- 11 appearances on front page..... cheesy cheesy cheesy

2013 (Jan 1-3) --------- 6 appearances on front page..... cheesy cheesy cheesy

Can you beat that??

Who God has blessed, NO MAN CAN CURSE........ cool cool cool
Re: Man found dead in Concorde swimming pool by Afam4eva(m): 1:19pm On Jan 03, 2013
Thread moved to the Crime sub-section.
Re: Man found dead in Concorde swimming pool by fluffybaby(f): 4:39pm On Jan 03, 2013
Wetin police wan do with the divers? Abi did it take long for them to rescue him ni? Howmany of those divers sef know common CPR?
Re: Man found dead in Concorde swimming pool by GARRIx7(m): 5:53pm On Jan 03, 2013
afam4eva: Thread moved to the Crime sub-section.

Well done. You're doing a great job.
Re: Man found dead in Concorde swimming pool by doczero: 7:04pm On Jan 03, 2013
I always advise that people should stay in the church until the new year comes. If you observe closely, many disasters happen towards the end of the year especially on the 31st night. It is a pity. May his soul rest in peace
Re: Man found dead in Concorde swimming pool by obailala(m): 9:28pm On Jan 03, 2013
GARRI (x7):

They're actually stationed near the pool to keep an eye on swimmers. Its not actually their fault, but they may have been negligent. Whatever the case, the large chunk of blame rests with the deceased who swam under the influence of alcohol...
angry angry angry angry

donchris369: Alcohol and bootycalls are the easiest way to your early grave. Rest in peace for there is a heaven for hommies.
angry angry angry angry

I'm still searching the story to see where it says the man was drunk. Nigerians and being judgmental undecided
Re: Man found dead in Concorde swimming pool by Onyenna(m): 10:09pm On Jan 03, 2013
obailala: angry angry angry angry

angry angry angry angry

I'm still searching the story to see where it says the man was drunk. Nigerians and being judgmental undecided

He was spotted @ the bush bar before he entered the pool...(maybe he drank alcohol.... Maybe he didn't).....

I've witnessed this kinda stuff @ concord pool (I think 2 years ago or so ), a young man almost died that day but was revived by the divers @ concord....he drank some bottles of beer @ the bush bar before entering the deepest part of the pool!! If not for a guy who spotted the Motionless dude in time, that would have been the end......

I know the divers are supposed to be vigilant but in a situation where the pool becomes over crowded, their job becomes difficult.......
......If you wanna swim, don't drink.....

....RIP ......john Doe......
Re: Man found dead in Concorde swimming pool by GARRIx7(m): 11:03am On Jan 04, 2013
Onyenna:
I know the divers are supposed to be vigilant but in a situation where the pool becomes over crowded, their job becomes difficult.......
......If you wanna swim, don't drink.....

The bolded is the MORAL LESSON from this story...

(1) (Reply)

Court Slams ₦5 Milliom Fine On Police Over Reckless Use Of Power / Herdsmen Kill Three Policemen, Two Others In Taraba / IGP orders investigation into the shooting of an unarmed man in Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.