Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,173 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:29 AM

God Is There, Even In Business, School, Cybercafe Names - Why - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / God Is There, Even In Business, School, Cybercafe Names - Why (1327 Views)

Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? / Cybercafe Mega Business Opportunity @ Your Doorsteps / Setting Up A Cybercafe: Detailed Requirements Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Is There, Even In Business, School, Cybercafe Names - Why by kimba(m): 7:35am On Apr 27, 2006
Ehen, one of my foreign friends asked me this question like a week ago, so let me ask NLs,

After going around lagos, abuja and PH and looking at a whole lot of signboards here and there, he observed that names of many businesses, restaurants, schools etc, always have something to do with God, for ex: Oluwabamise Entreprises, God's bros ventures, Holy Child primary school, Eden Garden Restaurant, Mount Zion cybercafe etc, and until then it didnt occur to me too.

So he asks: which of these two reasons could be our reason of wanting to put God into every thing we do, including the sheer names of our businesses etc.
1) Are Nigerians so religious to the point of making sure everything we do must have God in it, including the names of their businesses, and our actions are out of love for God, or
2) Is it a result of fear, that for ex: if we didnt make sure something somewhere sounds religious, we don't believe that God will have a hand in it to make it succeed?

he noted that with all the God, God, God he had seen around, we are still #2 on the corrupt list. please help me answer him o. cheesy cheesy
Re: God Is There, Even In Business, School, Cybercafe Names - Why by owo(m): 7:45am On Apr 27, 2006
Nigerians are religious and deeply too.

We are only waiting for the messiah that will harness this trait and pronto, heaven will be manifested on earth.

Your friend only needs to be told that without the God-factor, he would not have seen a country like Nigeria on the map talkless of visiting it.

It does seem likely that the messiah may never show up to harness this unique treasure (religious fervour), therefore you cannot vouch that the heaven on earth (aka zero coruption and evil) will ever see the light of day. Therefore take the next step.
Re: God Is There, Even In Business, School, Cybercafe Names - Why by africanboy(m): 9:59am On Apr 27, 2006
nigerians are a victim of fatalism
Re: God Is There, Even In Business, School, Cybercafe Names - Why by mandi: 9:58pm On Apr 27, 2006
Nigerian culture is deeply rooted in religion. I think that they just want their faith reflected in their everyday lives including their businesses. Who can fault them for that, to each his/her own.
Re: God Is There, Even In Business, School, Cybercafe Names - Why by hotangel2(f): 10:49pm On Apr 27, 2006
Most of the people that say GOD GOD, prolly dunno nada abt GOD>

I think as nigerians, we just have this thing with God, i dont get it, but its just there.

Then again, do u want them to say "esubamise", the devil's primary school?
Re: God Is There, Even In Business, School, Cybercafe Names - Why by Hotstepper(f): 6:40pm On Apr 28, 2006
ahahhaha@hot-angel, I noticed that thing in 2004 i visited. gates of people's houses gat sumthing 2 do with GOD tongue we are the most corrupt and the most religious in da world, wat a combination undecided
Re: God Is There, Even In Business, School, Cybercafe Names - Why by kimba(m): 7:33pm On Apr 28, 2006
sometime ago, I saw a sticker on a mans house stating:

GOD IS THE HEAD OF THIS HOUSE

some weeks later, when husband and wife burst out fighting(i mean physical) each other, the sticker on the door of their house is what came to my mind. I began to wonder: What happened to the head of the house?
Re: God Is There, Even In Business, School, Cybercafe Names - Why by Rare(m): 9:16pm On May 05, 2006
Poverty brings you closer to God. That's why you don't see a lot of such titles in the First World. When you do, it's for real!!!!

Also religious fanaticism in Nigeria doesn't help matters.

"Men don't do evil so wholly and perfectly, as when done under the context of religion"

(1) (Reply)

Flat Rate Sea Freight, Door To Door, Uk To Nigeria From £18. / Solid Cement Block = Solution To Your Block Problems. / Where Can I Buy Old Newspapers In Large Quantity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.