Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Newcastle To Buy Osaze To Replace Ba? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Newcastle To Buy Osaze To Replace Ba? (7651 Views)

Woman Defrauds Osaze Of £70000 / Osaze Warns Keshi To Watch His Back / Osaze's Congratulatory Message To The Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Newcastle To Buy Osaze To Replace Ba? by fortalex(m): 8:15am On Jan 03, 2013
Newcastle’s boss, Alan Pardew, is reported to be interested in Nigerian international, Peter Odemwingie, in case Demba Ba leaves this month. According to The Sun(London), Newcastle wants Odemwingie to replace Senegalese striker, Ba, who has sparked off interest from a number of clubs including Chelsea.

It’s not the first time Newcastle has been linked with the striker, but at 31, he’s the same age as compatriot, Shola Ameobi, and Peter hardly fits the profile of players Newcastle would want to sign in January. The Sun reported that talks were ongoing with West Brom about Osaze as it seems they may be willing to sell the Nigerian star, who joined West Brom in 2010 from Russian club, Lokomotiv Moscow, and before that he played at Lille with both Yohan Cabaye and Mathieu Debuchy.

Odemwinge has a decent record at West Brom having appeared 73 times for them with 30 goals, and this season, while he’s only appeared nine times, he’s still managed to score four goals. And he’s certainly a skillful player who can play as an out and out striker or on one of the wings, so he would fit into Newcastle’s style of play fairly easily. Osaze has played for Nigeria 55 times with nine goals, but has not been included in Nigeria’s squad for the African Cup of Nations, which will start in South Africa later this month.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/sports/newcastle-to-break-bank-for-osaze-may-replace-ba/
Re: Newcastle To Buy Osaze To Replace Ba? by kuss: 9:29am On Jan 03, 2013
1st
Re: Newcastle To Buy Osaze To Replace Ba? by koolet: 9:30am On Jan 03, 2013
Wen u dnt knw wat 2 comment, jst say 2nd

2 Likes

Re: Newcastle To Buy Osaze To Replace Ba? by adora4u1: 9:31am On Jan 03, 2013
3rd!
Re: Newcastle To Buy Osaze To Replace Ba? by outrage: 9:35am On Jan 03, 2013
If only this players would come play for their mother land with the same enthusiasm.. See as them no try yesterday with cata... Watin be their name seff.. Spanish biafra sha
Re: Newcastle To Buy Osaze To Replace Ba? by Ficeo(m): 9:38am On Jan 03, 2013
I wish Odewinge Peter d very best.
Re: Newcastle To Buy Osaze To Replace Ba? by majortele(m): 9:39am On Jan 03, 2013
Interesting
Re: Newcastle To Buy Osaze To Replace Ba? by omanifrank(m): 9:45am On Jan 03, 2013
nice one for him
Re: Newcastle To Buy Osaze To Replace Ba? by koolet: 9:47am On Jan 03, 2013
Plz am new on NL nd hw cn i comment on a post lyk dis embarassed
Re: Newcastle To Buy Osaze To Replace Ba? by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 03, 2013
Question u shud be asking is will westbrom release odewingie. Some one dat has "win". GOD IS GREAT AS FOR NEWCASTLE FIND SOME ONE ELSE....
Re: Newcastle To Buy Osaze To Replace Ba? by alfredo4u(m): 9:54am On Jan 03, 2013
Wish him all d best.. I hope he wont tweet his way out before dey sign him.
Re: Newcastle To Buy Osaze To Replace Ba? by doctorcollabo(m): 9:58am On Jan 03, 2013
Good buy 4d toons
Re: Newcastle To Buy Osaze To Replace Ba? by bamto(m): 10:21am On Jan 03, 2013
ELgordo: 4th and that's my best number
You're actually 5th. Overjoblessness dey worry una.
Re: Newcastle To Buy Osaze To Replace Ba? by bamto(m): 10:24am On Jan 03, 2013
Osaze has seen his best days. He's on a fast decline. He should come over to Dolphins or Kwara United and retire in patriotic peace.
Re: Newcastle To Buy Osaze To Replace Ba? by 80million1: 10:30am On Jan 03, 2013
*speechless*
Re: Newcastle To Buy Osaze To Replace Ba? by Parnassuss(m): 10:36am On Jan 03, 2013
If its true I'm happy for Newcastle and Osaze. He may be ass but thats off pitch, on pitch he is a force
Re: Newcastle To Buy Osaze To Replace Ba? by Archmed(m): 11:35am On Jan 03, 2013
koolet: Plz am new on NL nd hw cn i comment on a post lyk dis embarassed
The same way you commented on a post like this.
Re: Newcastle To Buy Osaze To Replace Ba? by killuminati(m): 11:38am On Jan 03, 2013
I always say sh*t, must I comment

And all these first and second to comment niggas should get a job!

I'm last now.cheesy

1 Like

Re: Newcastle To Buy Osaze To Replace Ba? by UyiIredia(m): 11:43am On Jan 03, 2013
Bad choice. Because Osaze is simply not as good as Demba Ba as can be seen by the goals scored by both last EPL season.
Re: Newcastle To Buy Osaze To Replace Ba? by phoneport(m): 11:47am On Jan 03, 2013
OSAZE CARRY ON
Re: Newcastle To Buy Osaze To Replace Ba? by jigawatts(m): 12:23pm On Jan 03, 2013
koolet: Plz am new on NL nd hw cn i comment on a post lyk dis embarassed

By doing wat u just did wink wink
Re: Newcastle To Buy Osaze To Replace Ba? by switch47(m): 1:24pm On Jan 03, 2013
kuss: 1st
slowpoke with dumb mentality
Re: Newcastle To Buy Osaze To Replace Ba? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 03, 2013
1st witout sayin anytin, dry slowpoke
Re: Newcastle To Buy Osaze To Replace Ba? by Delafruita(m): 2:27pm On Jan 03, 2013
u need mental evaluation
Re: Newcastle To Buy Osaze To Replace Ba? by alamkah: 3:06pm On Jan 03, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Bad choice. Because Osaze is simply not as good as Demba Ba as can be seen by the goals scored by both last EPL season.
d pessimist hav started again. The don't c anythin gud in d ability of any nigerian. U pple rediculed d home lads yesterday. They proved u pple wrong. Now is d turn of osaze, u guys hav started again. Osaze wil do well wit newcastle weda u pple like it or not.one time nigeria best player, Epl best player of d month in 3 different occasion. One of d most commited super eagle player. He playd at d olympics an took silver even when ur so calld mikel obi dumped nigeria. Osaze records is dia 4 all d pessimistic guys 2 c. Infact, dis suppose 2 b d capt. Of nigeria. We must learn 2 love our own my fellow armchair critics of NL.
Re: Newcastle To Buy Osaze To Replace Ba? by slap1(m): 3:27pm On Jan 03, 2013
Papiss Cisse is fantastic. I actually prefer him to Demba Ba. Pardew should get a strike partner for him.
Re: Newcastle To Buy Osaze To Replace Ba? by haibe(m): 3:56pm On Jan 03, 2013
Archmed: The same way you commented on a post like this.

I guess he actually meant "Quote" and not "comment"

(1) (2) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD VIDEO: Arsenal 2-0 Bayern München [champions League Highlights] / Where Will You Watch Today's Match? / Siasia Must Go - Yakubu Aiyegbeni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.