Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Dana Resumes Flights Today - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Resumes Flights Today (871 Views)

Dana Air Flight ‎537 Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – A Passenger’s Ordeal. / Dana Air-crash Memorial Arcade (Pictures) / Dana Air Resumes Flight Operations Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Dana Resumes Flights Today by Muttex(m): 8:48am On Jan 03, 2013
By UCHE USIM

At last, embattled domestic operator, Dana Air, will commence its scheduled domestic operations today with a Lagos-Abuja service.

The airline went off the skies on June 3, 2012, when the aviation mmmministry via the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) suspended its Air Operator’s Certificate (AOC) following the crash of one of its MD 83 jets in Iju Ishaga area of Lagos that killed 163 people and destroyed property worth billions of naira.

Since then, the airline had battled for its return into operation and on December 5, 2012, the NCAA issued new AOC to the airline after it satisfactorily scaled the safety audit.

But the regulatory agency, NCAA, told the airline management in clear terms that it would not be allowed to fly until it begins to pay the outstanding 70 per cent of the $100,000 to families of victims of the crash as stipulated by law.

Having also showed sufficient evidence of this, the NCAA gave the airline the all clear nod to commence scheduled operations.

Reacting to the resumption of flights, the spokesman of Dana Group, Tony Usidamen, extolled the NCAA for its support, adding that the airline would begin with a Lagos-Abuja-Lagos flight today, after which it would gradually introduce other routes it hitherto flew to.

Tweet

Pin It

Re: Dana Resumes Flights Today by alex406(m): 9:52am On Jan 03, 2013
Nice move. Let the competition begin as arik have decided to suck people of their hard earned income. We need more of local airlines.
Re: Dana Resumes Flights Today by Okijajuju1(m): 11:24am On Jan 03, 2013
Re: Dana Resumes Flights Today by searay(m): 11:26am On Jan 03, 2013
So today's flight will be free. Wait for me.
Not too bad just the 3rd
Re: Dana Resumes Flights Today by Smartjeezy(m): 11:27am On Jan 03, 2013
DANA AGAIN?they should have change their name.
Re: Dana Resumes Flights Today by NSNA: 11:28am On Jan 03, 2013
They should change their name and rebrand and make sure they get all aspects right and get the best and most experienced pilots, staffs and plane before they do anything.
Re: Dana Resumes Flights Today by kandiikane(m): 11:28am On Jan 03, 2013
H
Re: Dana Resumes Flights Today by Welder(m): 11:29am On Jan 03, 2013
DANA Airlines.... hhmmmm

I reserve my comments
Re: Dana Resumes Flights Today by manny4life(m): 11:30am On Jan 03, 2013
7months after?

Wow, lots of lost revenue and economic activity. For me, the temporary ban on their license was uncalled for, but I must acknowledge NCAA for their firm stand on the insurance payments to victims before license is restored. It showed they acted in the interest of victims and Nigerians as well, for this, I'm so proud of them. Let's hope they have it right now. Several accidents shouldn't occur before they take proactive steps.
Re: Dana Resumes Flights Today by dulphines: 11:30am On Jan 03, 2013
I hate to fly. One of the reasons I haven't bothered travelling outside Naija. Please do not call be a bushman, its simply phobia.
Re: Dana Resumes Flights Today by Donsammi(m): 11:30am On Jan 03, 2013
Re: Dana Resumes Flights Today by semid4lyfe(m): 11:31am On Jan 03, 2013

(1)

I Need Ukraine Visa, Links And Useful Info. Please Good Nigerians / I Need To Travel Out Of Here. / Anybody In Gothenburg Sweden?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.