Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,429 members, 7,808,530 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) (262347 Views)

Athiesm The "No God" Religion / Atheist State Your Reasons For Not Believing In God/Religion / Atheism: The “No-God” Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by LordBabs(m): 4:34am On Jan 05, 2013
I'll rest but for a while, we shall continue from here later....
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by 1Godfather(m): 4:53am On Jan 05, 2013
What a weeping monologue of a thread...

Since the thread starter has expressed the desire to stifle all discussion and debate on the points raised here, it is not surprising that the thread has been reduced to an echo chamber for various atheistic talking points found on other sites. Well, at least no one ever accused Nairaland Atheists of lacking the motivation to duplicate posts made elsewhere.
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Nobody: 10:37am On Jan 05, 2013
1Godfather: What a weeping monologue of a thread...

Since the thread starter has expressed the desire to stifle all discussion and debate on the points raised here, it is not surprising that the thread has been reduced to an echo chamber for various atheistic talking points found on other sites. Well, at least no one ever accused Nairaland Atheists of lacking the motivation to duplicate posts made elsewhere.

What a tool. Those arguments were written in my own words. The law maker argument for instance is my own argument. Google it and see whether you will find material on it. Or the borrowed prophet argument.
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 05, 2013
[size=18pt]18) Hitler was not an atheist[/size]

Many theists have claimed that Hitler was an atheist
http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/1121/p09s01-coop.html
http://thechrist.gr/en/686/license-kill-atheism-mass-murders-history/

However, the evidence shows that he was a christian.

Evidence of Hitler being a christian or at least, a theist
-"God with us" was written on the Nazis' belts
-Hitler made reference to his lord Jesus Christ

1 Like

Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 05, 2013
This is to LogicBoy03; Logic has insufficient premises to arrive at a convincing conclusion when it comes to esoteric matters. The place of Logic is in basic sciences and mathematics. You have gotten to the peak of what logic can offer, dont stop there, move on to other psychically useful courses, cos Logic is mental empiricism, but the subject of God and Spirituality is far beyond the scope of Logic. Dont argue with me, cos I was atheist for 10yrs.
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jan 05, 2013
Billyonaire: This is to LogicBoy03; Logic has insufficient premises to arrive at a convincing conclusion when it comes to esoteric matters. The place of Logic is in basic sciences and mathematics. You have gotten to the peak of what logic can offer, dont stop there, move on to other psychically useful courses, cos Logic is mental empiricism, but the subject of God and Spirituality is far beyond the scope of Logic. Dont argue with me, cos I was atheist for 10yrs.

The same way Anony was an "atheist grin" before being a christian?

1 Like

Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

The same way Anony was an "atheist grin" before being a christian?
How the f u c k should I know. I didnt tell you am a Christian now. Infact Christianity's view and understanding of God is wrong. Religious views about God is archaic concept that lacks prove. Without adequate knowledge of science and metascience, one cant 'know' GOD.
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 05, 2013
Billyonaire: How the f u c k should I know. I didnt tell you am a Christian now. Infact Christianity's view and understanding of God is wrong. Religious views about God is archaic concept that lacks prove. Without adequate knowledge of science and metascience, one cant 'know' GOD.

lolz....science and God are on opposite sides. One studies the natural, the other is supernatural
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

lolz....science and God are on opposite sides. One studies the natural, the other is supernatural

Permit me to tell you that you are very much on the wrong. Your personal perception of God and science is the root of the confusion. I think you need to really overhaul every knowledge you inherited as to what GOD is. Let's start by saying God is not a 'who'. It is everywhere, you are a part of what God is.
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 05, 2013
Billyonaire:

Permit me to tell you that you are very much on the wrong. Your personal perception of God and science is the root of the confusion. I think you need to really overhaul every knowledge you inherited as to what GOD is. Let's start by saying God is not a 'who'. It is everywhere, you are a part of what God is.

Omnipresence- God is in my feaces then
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by manmustwac(m): 1:20pm On Jan 05, 2013
I wanted to paste a link to an old (nairaland) thread with famous atheist quotes but that dose not qualify for this thread dose it?
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 05, 2013
manmustwac: I wanted to paste a link to an old (nairaland) thread with famous atheist quotes but that dose not qualify for this thread dose it?

Post it abeg! It seems we need more flair!
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by cyrexx: 1:33pm On Jan 05, 2013
Billyonaire: I think you need to really overhaul every knowledge you inherited as to what GOD is. Let's start by saying God is not a 'who'. It is everywhere, you are a part of what God is.

are you refering to Pantheism?
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by manmustwac(m): 1:43pm On Jan 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

Post it abeg! It seems we need more flair!
Here it is
https://www.nairaland.com/255030/greatest-atheist-quotes#up smiley
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

Omnipresence- God is in my feaces then
Yes, in a way. God is not 'in' your shiiit, your shiit is part of what God is.... God is everything, everywhere not 'in everywhere'.
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 05, 2013
cyrexx:

are you refering to Pantheism?
That's big grammar. I havent heard of that before honestly.
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Heathen(m): 1:54pm On Jan 05, 2013
Billyonaire: Yes, in a way. God is not 'in' your shiiit, your shiit is part of what God is.... God is everything, everywhere not in everywhere.
following this line, doesn't that make me, you, everything from cosmic sized to the infinitesimal god; therefore making the idea of god irrelevant?
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 05, 2013
Heathen: following this line, doesn't that make me, you, everything from cosmic sized to the infinitesimal god; therefore making the idea of god irrelevant?
Yes, it makes the idea of God ruling us irrelevant, and that's actually the deeper intention cos we are part of cosmic grand design. You are deeply understanding me. We do not need to seek cosmic permission, cos the laws are in motion to balance all causes and effects. We are here as co-creators, and we have the inert capabilities gained from our sojourn here but we have neglected our major reason that we came here for. We are lost....most of us are..

1 Like

Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by cyrexx: 3:43pm On Jan 05, 2013
Billyonaire: That's big grammar. I havent heard of that before honestly.

Pantheism is the belief that everything is composed of an all-encompassing, immanent God, or that the universe (or nature ) is identical with divinity (God) . Pantheists thus do not believe in a personal or anthropomorphic god (like Abrahamic Gods namely Yahweh and Allah).
Pantheism is a belief system that equates God with the forces and laws of the universe.

Is that not what you are referring to?
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 05, 2013
cyrexx:

Pantheism is the belief that everything is composed of an all-encompassing, immanent God, or that the universe (or nature ) is identical with divinity (God) . Pantheists thus do not believe in a personal or anthropomorphic god (like Abrahamic Gods namely Yahweh and Allah).
Pantheism is a belief system that equates God with the forces and laws of the universe.

Is that not what you are referring to?
To be very truthful with you, I never knew there was such a belief system. Its during my OBE that I learnt various things and actually realize that it is so. Yes, if Pantheism is what its called, then I can tell you, it is the truth. My journeys into parallel universes via Soul Travel proves so. Thanks for making me know that other people had this discoveries century ago. I thought I was alone in my belief system.
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by UyiIredia(m): 4:38pm On Jan 05, 2013
Shame   Γ̲̣̣̥☺ΰ for deleting my post.
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 05, 2013
Billyonaire: To be very truthful with you, I never knew there was such a belief system. Its during my OBE that I learnt various things and actually realize that it is so. Yes, if Pantheism is what its called, then I can tell you, it is the truth. My journeys into parallel universes via Soul Travel proves so. Thanks for making me know that other people had this discoveries century ago. I thought I was alone in my belief system.

Your belief system and understanding of what God is has a lot in common with greatgenius'. I think he is pantheist too!
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 05, 2013
[size=18pt]19) A quick summary of how the bible contradicts christians[/size]

I found a great pic off Reddit;

1 Like

Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by LordBabs(m): 6:10pm On Jan 05, 2013
1Godfather: What a weeping monologue of a thread...

i suppose you weren't referring to any of my posts. You would offend my brain, if you did.
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Sweetnecta: 7:05pm On Jan 05, 2013
I easily could have approached your issue about God not coming out of nothing with a question about the source of gentle breeze or wind that you feel. I will leave this and others for your mind to ponder. Per chance it may dawn on you. The Ultimate Source does not have to have a source but Himself is the Source of all. It is not necessary that He is of the same nature of what He is the Source of, regardless of how He varied them into many.

by Logicboy03(m): 10:15pm On Jan 04
12) A problem of borrowed prophets in Islam

Christians and Jews believe that Jesus was a religious Jew. However, muslims believe that Jesus was a muslim. Now these two beliefs are contradictory, and at best, only one can be true.

Why Jesus can't be a muslim;

-Jesus was born into a Jewish community (ethnicity)
-Jesus quoted Jewish scriptures
-Jesus talked about the Jewish God.
-Jesus debated Jewish scholars.
-Jesus didnt live by Quranic laws. He turned water into wine for a party.
I am a muslim. Thats is my religion. My ethnicity is different. What makes me a muslim are sets of ordained laws and rules and duties.

What will make a person a jew in terms of his religion is not because he is an ethnic jew. Religion is completely different from ethnicity. What i will like to know from this op is how is Jesus a jew in his religion? Tell me what the jewish religion entails in worship, etc and fit that on Jesus. Tell me if you can, even though you are not arguing that Jesus is a Christian, if anyone is following Jesus in matters of religion, should they not imitate how Jesus worshiped; standing, bowing prostrating, in prescribed hours during the day and in some part of the night?

Neither Moses [or any prophet] nor Jesus was Jew or Christian in religion. They were all muslims as they stood, bowed and prostrated in worship of God. We muslims do this today, tomorrow and forever, till the last muslim on earth will die.

1 Like

Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 05, 2013
Sweetnecta: I easily could have approached your issue about God not coming out of nothing with a question about the source of gentle breeze or wind that you feel. I will leave this and others for your mind to ponder. Per chance it may dawn on you. The Ultimate Source does not have to have a source but Himself is the Source of all. It is not necessary that He is of the same nature of what He is the Source of, regardless of how He varied them into many.

I am a muslim. Thats is my religion. My ethnicity is different. What makes me a muslim are sets of ordained laws and rules and duties.

What will make a person a jew in terms of his religion is not because he is an ethnic jew. Religion is completely different from ethnicity. What i will like to know from this op is how is Jesus a jew in his religion? Tell me what the jewish religion entails in worship, etc and fit that on Jesus. Tell me if you can, even though you are not arguing that Jesus is a Christian, if anyone is following Jesus in matters of religion, should they not imitate how Jesus worshiped; standing, bowing prostrating, in prescribed hours during the day and in some part of the night?

Neither Moses [or any prophet] nor Jesus was Jew or Christian in religion. They were all muslims as they stood, bowed and prostrated in worship of God. We muslims do this today, tomorrow and forever, till the last muslim on earth will die.

Epic fail. I dont even know where to start!

1 Like

Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 05, 2013
[size=18pt]20) Atheism is not a religion [/size]

[size=14pt]

re·li·gion [ri-lij-uh n] (from Dictionary.com)
noun
a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.
the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.: to enter religion.
the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.[/size]

[size=14pt]
If atheism is the disbelief in the existence of God, how does it then fit into the definition of religion above?
[/size]

3 Likes

Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jan 05, 2013
[size=18pt]21) The lie that Christianity is not a religion[/size]

Some christians, in order to deflect criticism from their religion claim that christainity is not a religion. A good example of this was Bill O'reilly of Fox News who claimed that christianity is not a religion but a philosophy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PH09hgb7DQ

The other version is that christianity is a "way of life" not a religion.

The short answer to the lie is to notice how christianity ticks all the boxes in the dictionary definition of a religion;

[size=14pt]

re·li·gion [ri-lij-uh n] (from Dictionary.com)
noun
a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.
the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.: to enter religion.
the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.[/size]

1 Like

Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Nobody: 1:18am On Jan 06, 2013
[size=18pt]22) A problem of hell and freewill[/size]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-qWjtpr7xo5A/T56edNvgu_I/AAAAAAAAAEk/0VgahGSFCVw/s1600/givemeyourmoney.jpg[/img]

If human beings go to hell because they reject God, then there is no freewill. We are forced between believing or being punished. That is not a choice or freewill, it is a threat to keep people in line.

4 Likes

Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Nobody: 11:26am On Jan 06, 2013
[size=18pt]23) Sexism and Misogyny in the Abrahmic religions[/size]

One can look at the scriptures of the Abrahamic religions (Judaism, christianity and islam) and find enough sexism against women.

Sura 2:228 says:. . . Wives have the same rights as the husbands have on them in accordance with the generally known principles. Of course, men are a degree above them in status .

1 Corinthians 14:34
women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says

Exodus 21:7
"When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are.

One can also look at the leadership in these religions where many religious people reject female priests, female imams and female rabbis.

One can also look at the double standard put on the viginity of women. There is little or no value attached to a male virging but a woman has more value as a virgin. A woman should be more than her virginity.

[img]http://theantiroom.files./2010/11/sexism.gif[/img]

3 Likes

Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 06, 2013
[size=18pt]24) Why heaven makes no sense
[/size]

1) Both Islam and Christianity paint heaven as a place above the earth. Jesus ascended into heaven in the bible and Muhammad flew into heaven on a winged creature.
However, thanks to modern science, we know that ascending from the earth is going into empty space (if you dont hit an asteroid or planet)

2) If heaven is a place for goodness (God can't be evil or allow evil in his home), then there is no freewill there. Humans have the potential for good and evil. If we are compelled to only have good thoughts, we will become lobotomized robots for all eternity.

3) What is the point of living forever? Even life becomes boring after a while.

This problem has been addressed in the philosophy of vampire movies. In the movies, Vampires live for a very long time, the enjoy their immortality for a while by travelling around the world and learning new cultures. Unfortunately, they become bored as they have done all the interesting things life has to offer. They become distant, nonchalant and gloomy. They either then hibernate or look for another vampire or human hero to kill them.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/938558_heaven_jpg10a00f4f0faa946035556202df7e37e9

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them. / Testimony Of A Former Devil Worshiper - Nonkoliso Ngeleka / 20 Common Dreams And Spiritual Warfare (please Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.