Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:50 PM

Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) (77603 Views)

Aregbesola New Road Construction In Osogbo (pictures) / Pictures Of Ongoing Night Construction In Aba And Other Road Projects / S’south Got Lion’s Share Of PTF Projects Under Buhari - Figures Don't Lie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 04, 2013
AKWA IBOM TROPICANA CENTER, HOTEL & MALL|UYO - AKWA IBOM (status: advanced stages of construction)

1 Like

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Symphony007: 4:34pm On Jan 04, 2013
I'm an icredibly optimistic person..but as beautifull as all these look our major problem remains power. It is what this country needs. When it's available foreign investors will flood in and invest. Just get that power, enough with the expensive dams, we have so much energy to run on. Coal and gas especially which is abundant in the south. Just power nigeria and the rest will follow.

2 Likes

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 04, 2013
That's all they are.

Just pictures.

Nothing goes on in the numerous skyscrapers you see covering the skylines of Lagos and Abuja.
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by tutu1: 4:40pm On Jan 04, 2013
So Delta state with all the billions na only "Delta Leisure Park, Oleri ($250 million )" be the project the governor done do, please what is the park about self, people they hungry kidnapping happening everday ,you they build leisure park for middle of nowhere, anyway let me be optimistic like the poster,good job Governor Oduaghan lol

2 Likes

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by NiceKid2(f): 4:58pm On Jan 04, 2013
outrage: [size=14pt]all this has been around before he dreamt of becoming president.. He's just around when it got to be completed. That's if they are.
You can't tell me GEJ gave contract for that aviation school, its obviously has been under construction for years. So go sidon joh, all this paid activists.[/size]

Even if he was not the one that gave the contract, is it not good that he deemed it fit to continue the project and finish it.
So because he was not the one that gave the contracts, he should allow the projects to die without being completed?
I thought we Nigerians used to condemn politicians who abandon projects that their predecessors started.

Abeg Oga Presido go ahead joor
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by NiceKid2(f): 5:10pm On Jan 04, 2013
NoContract: [size=18pt]We shall see... (Optimistic)

In the meantime, light no dey our area. Na 50 Naira I take go charge my phone take browse Nairaland.

and lest I forget, How does these edifices affect the life of the common Lacasera or Gala seller on the pot-holled streets of Nigeria. Shey na after all the days sweat he go carry his money go watch movies for cinema (with dirt), or he go go do shopping for mall or he go airport go fly?

Wealth circulating within the wealthy.

Nigerians really know how to flenjo (the rich ones, tho') and decieve the others. ITS INBORN.

This is a far cry from what the average Nigerian (89% of the populace) wants!!!
[/size]

Obviously, there are projects among what the OP has just shown us here which would affect the lives of the masses. Of course, they would travel by the roads and railways being constructed; They would use water supplied by the water plants; They would read in the Library to update their knowledge and pass exams; They would need the recreational centers to unwind during festivities, etc. Its not only the rich that go to recreational centers or amusement parks, I guess it's only poverty mentality that make people remain at home and claim that enjoyment is for the high and mighty alone. I've seen some middle-class and low-class people at such centers. They mix up, make friends, get rid of the poverty mentality and get psychologically rejunenated.

2 Likes

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by NoContract(m): 5:17pm On Jan 04, 2013
Nice-Kid:

Obviously, there are projects among what the OP has just shown us here which would affect the lives of the masses. Of course, they would travel by the roads and railways being constructed; They would use water supplied by the water plants; They would read in the Library to update their knowledge and pass exams; They would need the recreational centers to unwind during festivities, etc. Its not only the rich that go to recreational centers or amusement parks, I guess it's only poverty mentality that make people remain at home and claim that enjoyment is for the high and mighty alone. I've seen some middle-class and low-class people at such centers. They mix up, make friends, get rid of the poverty mentality and get psychologically rejunenated.

How old ~a̶̲̥̅̊я̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥~ U̶̲̥̅̊?

Do уσυ have a job?

How much is ur current salary?

Tell мє how a gala seller can 'rewind and rejuvenate' as уσυ said, at these places- silverbird, eko atlantic, eko transatlantic, eko mid atlantic, Shoprite, MMAe.

Answer now

Slowpoke
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by EASTSIDAZ: 5:19pm On Jan 04, 2013
More on Anambra

ANAM CITY PROJECT

anamcity.com

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by EASTSIDAZ: 5:21pm On Jan 04, 2013

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by EASTSIDAZ: 5:24pm On Jan 04, 2013
Pictures of the ongoing giant edifice

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by EASTSIDAZ: 5:26pm On Jan 04, 2013
Pictures of Onitsha Port Facility

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 04, 2013
tutu1: So Delta state with all the billions na only "Delta Leisure Park, Oleri ($250 million )" be the project the governor done do, please what is the park about self, people they hungry kidnapping happening everday ,you they build leisure park for middle of nowhere, anyway let me be optimistic like the poster,good job Governor Oduaghan lol

That project will provide employment opportunities for those 'hungry folks and kidnappers'. It will take thousands of people both within and outside that facility to build it and keep it up and running - labourers, security, waiters, ushers, drivers, cashiers, electricians, suppliers of various items and services.

Assume for instance you're a small security firm based in the area. This facility automatically means you will start recruiting and training staff to fill positions.

What if you were a female hawker on the streets? This facility gives you the opportunity to apply for a position there, at the very least, as a cleaner. You will get a structured, paid job, with uniform, perks and employment rights. You can then plan your future, be it education, or saving up to start your own cleaning services... anything.

The more of these facilities we have on ground, the more opportunities it creates for everyone. I've not even mentioned the skilled workers - civil engineeers, insurance men, bankers, lawyers, surveyors, architects, including graduates for whom yet another modern establishment has opened its doors and will require skilled management in various positions on an ongoing basis. So these projects are what you use to build a modern economy. I say the more the merrier.

1 Like

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by thelastPope(m): 5:28pm On Jan 04, 2013
2Legit2Qui:

Who is this paid critic. Die in your fuc,kin cold London. Bastar.d Whats special about pavements in London?
Ignore the idiota. He is probably frustrated in the UK eating potato pie in Peckam! grin
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by razznaija(f): 5:32pm On Jan 04, 2013
All these beautiful images that i am seeing now, i hope the final products actually look like the pictures.
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by rodeo0070(m): 5:35pm On Jan 04, 2013
NoContract:

Do уσυ have a job?

Tell мє how a gala seller can 'rewind and rejuvenate' as уσυ said, at these places- silverbird, eko atlantic, eko transatlantic, eko mid atlantic, Shoprite, MMAe.

Answer now

Slowpoke
Easy there Fella. The fact that you think "Gala/Lacasera sellers" won't benefit from these projects doesn't mean they are not worth it. Look @ the big picture, some of these places are cool and exciting places for tourists to visit.
And above all, these projects will offer more employment opportunities for the unemployed, directly or indirectly. The ones employed will definitely need some of the products offered by the "man in the street". Thereby, increasing the number of items sold or services rendered. Simply put, when people are gainfully employed, they have more money to buy services and goods (Gala and Lacasera)offered by those you think won't benefit from these projects...
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 04, 2013
GEJ sowed seeds in 2012 and those seeds will germinate and people will see it this year, so get your votes ready for GEJ unless you don't like development
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 04, 2013
razznaija: All these beautiful images that i am seeing now, i hope the final products actually look like the pictures.

Good point. Good news is that these days, there's very little difference between the renders and the completed projects. This is due to a number of factors - modern computerised methods of architecural conception and execution, better project management by highly-trained personnel, and perhaps most importantly, the fact that many of these projects are PPP (Public Private Partnerships) in which project stakeholders are much more widely dispersed than being just govt.

These days, most projects will have stakeholders drawn from govt, banks, private investors, conglomerates. Even environmental activists. So there's very little room for slackness as per satisfying all these groups. The outcome must mirror the render.
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Simplesoul05(m): 5:41pm On Jan 04, 2013
NoContract:

Do уσυ have a job?

Answer now

Slowpoke

If only u knw this gala boys very well... They are very hard working and spend a lot in club. That's d fact. U will neva recognise dem at nyt, they don't av folks in lagos as they come into the state to do business so they av no one to spend or care for, though some may av but most of them don't, same as ladipo guyz. Kudus to them cos they are very hard working, mon to sat always busy doubling there naira but for every sunday evening, they are almost every beer palour, doing there spending cos they've made gains from their hard work and there boss is happy cos he's money is complete and they spend d rest to their selves happily cos they knw there so called ogas will def pay them off at d end of there service time with him so they av nofin to loose. So are like d gala boys. They are hard working and spend a lot to their selves at d club or beer palor NOT TOO WORRY, I BET U WILL SEE THEM among the pple that go to the mall ... They are not complaining.

1 Like

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by EASTSIDAZ: 5:52pm On Jan 04, 2013
LG WORLD ANIDS MALL- AWKA

http://lganidsmall.com/aboutus.html

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 04, 2013
NoContract:

Do уσυ have a job?

Answer now

Slowpoke

stop complaining and give us an example of a project that can affect the life of a gala seller

1 Like

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Simplesoul05(m): 5:55pm On Jan 04, 2013
@OP Hmmmm.... Good one bro... I must confess I really take my time reading everyone's comment(first time) but the 2 major prob we have: 1). Will d nxt govt continue this projects or will it be abandon? And 2). D most crucial one. We lack maintenance in Nigeria as these building will suffer paintings after some yrs. Example(the national stadium at surulere) and that one Abuja among others
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by trix1: 6:09pm On Jan 04, 2013
NoContract:

Do уσυ have a job?

Answer now

Slowpoke

[size=16pt] Judging from the font of your text, you are typing from a blackberry, probably one of those very cheap UK used fones, and the screen isn't clear enough to see the pictures properly.

But hopefully you are literate enough to read.. Let me quote this for you.
[/size]

ROSSIKE:

That project will provide employment opportunities for those 'hungry folks and kidnappers'. It will take thousands of people both within and outside that facility to build it and keep it up and running - labourers, security, waiters, ushers, drivers, cashiers, electricians, suppliers of various items and services.

Assume for instance you're a small security firm based in the area. This facility automatically means you will start recruiting and training staff to fill positions.

What if you were a female hawker on the streets? This facility gives you the opportunity to apply for a position there, at the very least, as a cleaner. You will get a structured, paid job, with uniform, perks and employment rights. You can then plan your future, be it education, or saving up to start your own cleaning services... anything.

The more of these facilities we have on ground, the more opportunities it creates for everyone. I've not even mentioned the skilled workers - civil engineeers, insurance men, bankers, lawyers, surveyors, architects, including graduates for whom yet another modern establishment has opened its doors and will require skilled management in various positions on an ongoing basis. So these projects are what you use to build a modern economy. I say the more the merrier.

2 Likes

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Ucheosefoh(m): 6:17pm On Jan 04, 2013
EASTSIDAZ: More on Anambra

ANAM CITY PROJECT

anamcity.com
Pls can u throw more light on that Anam city project
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Paentera(m): 6:21pm On Jan 04, 2013
Rossike....can you kindly create a facebook fan page or better still, a website to chronicle these activities and categorise them by state and whether they are public or private. Going back and forth here with the pictures can be a bore and Facebook does have the facility to host as many images as you wish. I would be glad to invite many of my friends to like the fan page. You can also create a twitter handle to inform followers of updated images e.t.c.

Once you have created this, kindly put up the link on the first post so those clicking on the page can join the fan page.
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by 2Legit2Qui: 6:51pm On Jan 04, 2013
Rossike: There is a big stadium project ongoing in Katsina Town by Julius Berger, been there and seen it but cant find a photo.
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Demdem(m): 6:51pm On Jan 04, 2013
ifihearam: DEMDEM AND CO,
HOPE YOU ARE ALL SEEING WHAT GEJ IS DOING,PLEASE REMEMBER SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE.

LONG LIVE MY ABLE PRESIDO

Honararium grin Are u attributing all these to the retardeen or what?
great thread no doubt.
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 04, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Please stop dreaming, the present governor has no intention of completing that project and the next administration will simply abandon it as it is not viable.

Before you even bother to argue, go and look for the construction firm handling the project and see if they are capable of executing a project of that scale.
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by 2Legit2Qui: 6:59pm On Jan 04, 2013
The Abuja rail is also ongoing. I can go around taking photos this weekend.

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by ikeyman00(m): 7:21pm On Jan 04, 2013
@@@@@

Symphony007: 4:34pm
I'm an icredibly optimistic person..but as beautifull as all these look our major problem remains power. It is what this country needs. When it's available foreign investors will flood in and invest. Just get that power, enough with the expensive dams, we have so much energy to run on. Coal and gas especially which is abundant in the south. Just power nigeria and the rest will follow

in today world; i think one should be very weary about dem phrase

imagine a new world the Chinese government is buying acre of lands in africa the size of some mini state lipsrsealed

plz dnt kill this thread with those silly advocates plz ANGRY
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Hardfact: 7:21pm On Jan 04, 2013
No comment.
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by 5columnist: 7:24pm On Jan 04, 2013
Building is one thing, management is another. I don't see the direct impact of most of these projects on our economy. Outside the train lines and the Dan project, the rest are source of leisure and income for the rich and of course most of these projects are not directly financed by the federal government or states. Some are private sector projects 100%.

I will be happy to see projects that can add value to human capital development, like the e library aviation college in kwara but such facility decay away because of poor management. Elephant endless projects everywhere. Government scamming its own people is pathetic.
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by ikeyman00(m): 7:25pm On Jan 04, 2013
@@@@
at thread

this is the first stage

then the nl should also maintain its presence by speaking out the truth

with time things will begin to take shape

those project is good for the country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures / Lauretta Onochie: Sowore Faked His Re-Arrest In Order To Give DSS A Bad Name / Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.