Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,377 members, 7,800,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) (77664 Views)

Aregbesola New Road Construction In Osogbo (pictures) / Pictures Of Ongoing Night Construction In Aba And Other Road Projects / S’south Got Lion’s Share Of PTF Projects Under Buhari - Figures Don't Lie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Roseart: 1:27am On Jan 05, 2013
The Lagos Light Rail terminals remind me of this grin:

But the other stuff is nice. Thank God good construction is making a comeback.
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Venchy: 1:32am On Jan 05, 2013
dozymars: Rossike, yes the railway project is in progress but the proposed 10 lanes along this way that started along side the railway project have been abandoned for months now. Pls let's know when the road construction will commence.

Months? Years my brother, i live just after AGBARA and i can tell you that life is unbearable for people living around this project.

I almost missed my flight while i was stuck in the horrendous traffic of Badagry Express way for nearly 10 hrs.....I'm not sure they've progress beyond Festac Gate, it's all shambles at the moment but i hope they'll finish whenever they are ready because it's make a lot of difference to the entire area.

That's why i use the word's "Abandon Project", it's not NEW to us in Nigeria but i hate when some people comes around with foolishness, Trying to brainwash others with silly WORLD TRADE CENTER NONSENSE in a country that's powered by GENERATORS.....Absolute shite as they say in London
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Roseart: 1:35am On Jan 05, 2013
That's my worry about Nigeria, the ability to build is there but maintaining it is the problem. Imagine if America never worked on the Federal highway system after Eisenhower left, how many years is that 60+ years. What road would there be to talk of.

You could have a monument of OBJ's a.s.s built in Nigeria no problem, but see how the thing will be sagging and looking a hot mess after two years pass.

The mentality on that end has to change, its easier to keep up repairs than to start fresh. Maybe the 500th time is the charm.

1 Like

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Roseart: 2:51am On Jan 05, 2013
I don't know if this has been posted but here are other shots of Kwara Mall in Ilorin from SSC smiley

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 3:02am On Jan 05, 2013
Venchy:

Months? Years my brother, i live just after AGBARA and i can tell you that life is unbearable for people living around this project.

I almost missed my flight while i was stuck in the horrendous traffic of Badagry Express way for nearly 10 hrs.....I'm not sure they've progress beyond Festac Gate, it's all shambles at the moment but i hope they'll finish whenever they are ready because it's make a lot of difference to the entire area.

That's why i use the word's "Abandon Project", it's not NEW to us in Nigeria

You use one alleged situation in one project to collectively dismiss the over 250 projects posted. Is that the action of an enlightened person? If a major project like a ten lane expressway, clearly under construction, is stalled for whatever reasons, how does that translate to ''abandoned'' in your book?

but i hate when some people comes around with foolishness, Trying to brainwash others with silly WORLD TRADE CENTER NONSENSE in a country that's powered by GENERATORS.....Absolute shite as they say in London

India is also ''powered by generators''. Power cuts are a daily fact of life there, yet that hasn't stopped them advancing. They're even a bigger economy now than your UK and London.

http://tech2.in.com/features/general/powercutsin-mapping-indias-power-cuts/641732

They're among the major economies on earth. Their govt is investing in power just like ours. Increasing output yearly, just like we are. Nigeria has doubled power output in the last two years - a notable achievement. Virtually ALL developing nations have power issues. That doesn't mean all life ceases. In this same Nigeria, a man named Innocent Chukwuma (INNOSON Motors) is manufacturing vehicles - Suvs, cars, trucks, buses, profitably, despite the odds. What do you do in London?

1 Like

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by manny4life(m): 3:16am On Jan 05, 2013
What intrigued me the most is the flight training center in Ilorin, for someone who's an aviation enthusiast, I thought that was so coool

1 Like

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 3:26am On Jan 05, 2013
^^You can't even legitimately compare Nigeria to South Africa, because the latter began developing as soon as the colonists settled there in the 19th century. By 1960 SA was already a fully developed nation, courtesy of re-investment of export proceeds in the country by the colonialists. In Nigeria, the colonialists simply evacuated our resources and put little or nothing back by way of development. We really started building this country only from independence in 1960.

1 Like

Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 3:30am On Jan 05, 2013
^^^^I hear that, bro..

Where did you get the pictures from, anyway??
Re: Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 3:34am On Jan 05, 2013
^^^...mostly selected from skyscrapercity.com

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem / 5G: Dino Melaye Says They Are Threatening Him / Dot In A Circle: Enyinnaya Abaribe Wearing 'The Dot Nation' T-Shirt (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.