Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,932 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

Ubuntu Linux - Computers (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ubuntu Linux (463046 Views)

Using Fedora Or Ubuntu Linux / Using Mtn Modem On Ubuntu Linux / Using Ubuntu Linux As Internet Gateway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ubuntu Linux by dakmanzero(m): 11:03pm On Jun 21, 2007
hey aafolabi

help the guy who's having the terminal screen of death na. (naijaguru)

he needs to use a text based editor to change xorg.conf to the most cheapcheap mode, then do INIT 5

I no fit explain these things like youna n chxta plus i no get patience,
Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 11:03pm On Jun 22, 2007
i also had to mess with xorg as to get my 3d driver working its not that hard though i still beed to see his xorg file first
Re: Ubuntu Linux by mendax: 12:07am On Jun 23, 2007
hey guys! i want to know if it is possible thati partition my system and use different operatin sys eg windows and linux on the same system. please someone shuld help me out cos im a novice in these things

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubuntu Linux by 3dhunter(m): 9:10pm On Jun 25, 2007
please, i need ubuntu cd. anyone help.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:32pm On Jun 25, 2007
i have ubuntu cd if u want
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 3dhunter(m): 4:54pm On Jun 26, 2007
@ adewaleafolabi
please how can i get it from you?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by bigrovar(m): 5:09pm On Jun 26, 2007
am a vista guy but iv been thinking of dual booting my system with fiesty frown.i think i can manage the dual booting process .but i need to know how i can get my novetel wireless evdo and 1x pcmi card working with ubuntu, as it does on vista, any help would be appreciated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubuntu Linux by mimohmi(m): 7:24pm On Jun 26, 2007
@All

Nice to see that this thread is still hot. Well, am off now with
solaris. May be I should look at installing WinXP,Solaris,Redhat
and Solaris on a single system.

Afolabi, I hail o !!!!!!!!
Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:38pm On Jun 26, 2007
@3d_hunter which do you want kubuntu fiesty fawn or ubuntu ultimate edition edgy?
The ultimate contains lots of software so u don't have to start looking for anything its a dvd or just the normal fiesty fawn
I am in ilupeju where are you ? so we can meet
Re: Ubuntu Linux by bigrovar(m): 12:02am On Jun 27, 2007
adewaleafolabi:

@3d_hunter which do you want kubuntu fiesty fawn or ubuntu ultimate edition edgy?
The ultimate contains lots of software so u don't have to start looking for anything its a dvd or just the normal fiesty fawn
I am in ilupeju where are you ? so we can meet

i dont mind coming over to your place o i would need the dvd too ilupeju no far at all
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 3dhunter(m): 4:26pm On Jun 27, 2007
@ adewaleafolabi (m)
i am not in lagos but i would be comming in either this weekend or next. i will let you know when. i believe "Ultimate" would nbe better for me. you say it is dvd?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by hayprof(m): 6:59pm On Jun 27, 2007
When is d Ubuntu Ultimate goin' to b realeased -i heard its still in beta,
Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:34pm On Jun 27, 2007
1.4 is going to be released soon but the version i have is 1.3 and i'll be giving that to 3d hunter.
@hayprof
happen which time you dey come house next?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by esquire(m): 9:06am On Jun 28, 2007
Afo i dey come village this week how i go fit get the ubuntu cd shey u know say na me first tell u wink wink so make you no do ojoro ooo grin grin grin i still dey browse and the SUSE is ready for your take. Cheerio
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 3dhunter(m): 3:42pm On Jun 30, 2007
@ adewaleafolabi
i will be in Lagos on the 7th of July (next weekend). can you give me your phone number on paschidi2@yahoo.com. so i can call you
Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 5:56pm On Jun 30, 2007
my no is 08025426934
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Rereloluwa: 1:46am On Jul 02, 2007
This is the wvdial.conf file

[Dialer Defaults]
Init1 = ATZ
Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
Modem Type = Analog Modem
; Phone = <#777>
ISDN = 0
; Password = <18047520>
New PPPD = yes
; Username = <18047520@starcomms.com>
Modem = /dev/ttyUSB0
Baud = 115200

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 1:54am On Jul 02, 2007
This how it supposed to be

[Dialer Defaults]
Init1 = ATZ
Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
Modem Type = Analog Modem
Phone = #777
ISDN = 0
Password = 18047520
New PPPD = yes
Username = 18047520@starcomms.com
Modem = /dev/ttyUSB0
Baud = 115200
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Seun(m): 1:59am On Jul 02, 2007
Wow. I gotta bookmark this!!
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Rereloluwa: 2:26am On Jul 02, 2007
Thanks U r really showing the spirit of Ubuntu. You have really arose my intrest in linux. I hv bin able 2 connect 2 the internet with modification that you gave me thanks. can I use yahoo mssgr in linux. i tried downloading it as i do with windows but it refuse to execute after downloading the file
Re: Ubuntu Linux by bigrovar(m): 8:11am On Jul 02, 2007
hey guys do u think the config would work for my verizonwireless merlin v620 evdo 1x pcmi card, and if yes i would appreciate a step by step guide on ao to configure this as u guys no that am still a toddler -sorry a nobody-in this linux shit, where do i type the config, how do i dial thanks
Re: Ubuntu Linux by bigrovar(m): 9:18am On Jul 02, 2007
@adewaleafolabi and other linux gurus
attached to my post is a rar file that contain some of the webpages that i saved while searching for ao to configure me linux for my air card

Re: Ubuntu Linux by bigrovar(m): 9:47am On Jul 02, 2007
u can review the webpages maybe it would make sense to u
Re: Ubuntu Linux by kenny2u(m): 3:50pm On Jul 02, 2007
need more info on dis!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 5:31pm On Jul 02, 2007
for those who need yahoo messenger on linux try downloading the linux version or better still try gaim @Big nepa has done it again i'll look at it as soon as they restore the electricity
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Ralvy(m): 6:35pm On Jul 02, 2007
Ofcourse, Ubuntu is great OS for everone, it is fast, free of viruses, infact - Ubuntu is just wonderful. I run Ubuntu 6.10 & i have an additional CD that has softwares to support almost everything you do on Windows. You do not need to install softwares individually, all you do is add the entire system through the administrator. It's wonderful. if you are interested in getting this CD, just contact me on: 08033735087 or email me on geezlenator@gmail.com .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubuntu Linux by dakmanzero(m): 9:03am On Jul 03, 2007
Just a little apology here to the ubuntu gurus in the house.

Build-essentials is indeed on the Ubuntu CD.

It is, however, a bit hard to locate it and it is rather irritatingly well hidden.

(I still think it should have been preinstalled sha)
Re: Ubuntu Linux by esquire(m): 12:45am On Jul 04, 2007
Afo thank for the stuffs, however i forgot to give my guy that SUSE but not to worry you will always collect it whenever u come around this place or i come to village. I have started pimping my desktop and os generally but it a shame i have a bad card i can't use beryl but i use the gnome mac osx theme in the cd but still on it (pimping) changed all the icons. The kbluetooth did not work it require one dependency (liblockdev1) went to kde-bluetooth.sourceforge.net hoping to download the tar file and compiling it but the connection is worst on windows so if u have the file on ur system you can attach it to my mail add and i'll know how to fetch it. Cheerio
Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 7:45am On Jul 04, 2007
Finally you see it's included in the cd. i guess the reason they did that was to encourage the use of synaptics. @Esquire that file should be on the other cd i gave you check well.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by bada1(m): 1:17pm On Jul 04, 2007
@ adewale afolabi

I installed linux feist fawn dis morning, i already have WinXp on my laptop. but after partition the hard disk thru the linux live cd and installing the linux.

At the startup screen, when askin me to chose an OS i.e grub loader, i did not see the windows xp option. only linux was there?

How do i allow windows to show on the screen when i start ma PC.

Tried call in you but no response hola back. Thanks.

Man.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 5:22pm On Jul 04, 2007
Celtel had a problem today thats why you couldn't get in touch with me. First lets make sure that your windows files are still there open a terminal and type sudo fdisk -l then post the result here then we can fix the problem for you
Re: Ubuntu Linux by bigrovar(m): 12:50am On Jul 05, 2007
hey guys just downloaded the DVD version of fiesty fown, am about to dual boot ti with my vista now,

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (175) (Reply)

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.