Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,421,443 members, 5,431,814 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 February 2020 at 07:32 PM

Ubuntu Linux - Computers (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ubuntu Linux (334491 Views)

Using Fedora Or Ubuntu Linux / Using Mtn Modem On Ubuntu Linux / Using Ubuntu Linux As Internet Gateway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ubuntu Linux by blackweaver(m): 11:26am On Nov 28, 2019
esquire:
Am surprised this group still exist at all, this where I cut my Linux teeth, that was the good old days and what a nostalgia it brings!!!!!

Well things are very slow nowadays, people seldom talk much, except some annoying people who want to try and sell their market here
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Gargoylesmiles(m): 10:38pm On Dec 29, 2019
Aceed:

invite link

Unfortunately I cant share the link on Nairaland or it will be blocked. Just search for Nigeria Linux User Group on telegram.
You should be able to find it
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Gargoylesmiles(m): 10:39pm On Dec 29, 2019
pcguru1:

Share with me, I also visit alot of Linux communities but a local Nigerian one would be beneficial especially in terms of career and networking/referrals. Think of it, anyway sha add your boy cool

Unfortunately I cant share the link on Nairaland or it will be blocked. Just search for Nigeria Linux User Group on telegram.
You should be able to find it
Re: Ubuntu Linux by OlADIPU: 9:42pm On Jan 16
Okay thank. You comment is very useful[img][/img] kok.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by tgen01: 12:56pm On Jan 28
Hello house, i am completely new on Ubuntu and just installed Ubuntu desktop 12.04 LTS on a desktop system. I don't understand the environment and can't use it. I really need help on how to use this OS. I'll appreciate guide please.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by AshipaEk0: 5:44am On Jan 29
12.04?

Are you sure?
grin grin
Re: Ubuntu Linux by tgen01: 7:27am On Jan 29
Yes i am, or i'm i making a mistake?

AshipaEk0:
12.04?

Are you sure?
grin grin

Re: Ubuntu Linux by tgen01: 7:35am On Jan 29
12.04 LTS
Re: Ubuntu Linux by AshipaEk0: 9:38am On Jan 29
tgen01:
Yes i am, or i'm i making a mistake?

I think you are.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by AshipaEk0: 9:40am On Jan 29
tgen01:
sorry, 14.04 LTS i mean to say

Even this 14.04 sef.

Anyway, it's EOL'ed since 2016.

It's too old and you need to install a more recent version.

Version 19.10 to be precise.

Where did you get the laptop from?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by zkomeh: 9:40pm On Jan 30
its great to see nigerians finally embrace opensource kudos
Even this 14.04 sef.

Anyway, it's EOL'ed since 2016.

It's too old and you need to install a more recent version.

Version 19.10 to be precise.

Where did you get the laptop from?[/quote]
Re: Ubuntu Linux by tgen01: 7:07am On Jan 31
zkomeh, please, how can i reach you.?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by tgen01: 7:09am On Jan 31
Hello house, please i need help in making my Modem work on ubuntu desktop 12.04 LTS
Re: Ubuntu Linux by futurewise11(m): 10:51pm On Feb 01
I need someone to teach me some network protocols.

Thanks
Re: Ubuntu Linux by chukzyfcbb: 1:37am On Feb 03
Hello guys, is there a tool that can restart services or push softwares on multiple Linux devices, like simulatenaously...

I have been told to use Ansible to automate it, but I want to know if there is a tool (software) to make this easy

#(windows o.s has lots of tools for this, so I am guessing Linux should too)

Help me if you got an answer.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by cyberjacker: 7:34pm On Feb 16
chukzyfcbb:
Hello guys, is there a tool that can restart services or push softwares on multiple Linux devices, like simulatenaously...

I have been told to use Ansible to automate it, but I want to know if there is a tool (software) to make this easy

#(windows o.s has lots of tools for this, so I am guessing Linux should too)

Help me if you got an answer.
Can you give a detailed real life example of what you want... for restarting service most Linux distro comes with systemd
Re: Ubuntu Linux by chukzyfcbb: 8:01pm On Feb 16
cyberjacker:

Can you give a detailed real life example of what you want... for restarting service most Linux distro comes with systemd
Yes I am aware of the systemd thing. But that will require me to do it one after the other. it's time consuming.

Eg There are about 400servers all Linux and there is a particular service that is similar in all of them(similar application was installed in all of them, painfully one after the other at the time). I want a way to restart all of the app services in all those servers by pushing a script or something.

On windows, it's easy to acheive with the net start command and AD integration inside of a tool.

But on Linux, if I can restart a particular service across 400 servers by pushing a script is what I am asking.
Get it now?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by cyberjacker: 6:05am On Feb 17
chukzyfcbb:

Yes I am aware of the systemd thing. But that will require me to do it one after the other. it's time consuming.

Eg There are about 400servers all Linux and there is a particular service that is similar in all of them(similar application was installed in all of them, painfully one after the other at the time). I want a way to restart all of the app services in all those servers by pushing a script or something.

On windows, it's easy to acheive with the net start command and AD integration inside of a tool.

But on Linux, if I can restart a particular service across 400 servers by pushing a script is what I am asking.
Get it now?
Yea it's, fairly easy to do in ansible, that actually is one of the best tool
Re: Ubuntu Linux by chukzyfcbb: 9:10pm On Feb 17
cyberjacker:

Yea it's, fairly easy to do in ansible, that actually is one of the best tool
Oops, that means learning Ansible in the short term *sighs*

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (Reply)

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.