Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

Ubuntu Linux - Computers (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ubuntu Linux (463377 Views)

Using Fedora Or Ubuntu Linux / Using Mtn Modem On Ubuntu Linux / Using Ubuntu Linux As Internet Gateway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ubuntu Linux by coderoom: 2:15am On Nov 24, 2022
KAM3KAZI:
These might be stupid questions but I'm going to ask anyway.
Why do you guys use Linux? like why Linux?? What do y'all get out of Linux that y'all can't get out of another OS?
i switched to pop_os over a year now and never regretted it.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by NoonMasamune: 4:59pm On Nov 25, 2022
IamLincoln:
Ubuntu in VirtualBox wants to install on every boot

I have wasted too much data reinstalling it, I need a permanent fix.

check the ubuntu settings on vour VirtualBox. the ISO might still be in the CDROM
Re: Ubuntu Linux by qtguru(m): 10:08pm On Nov 25, 2022
coderoom:

I do Programming and Linux gives a lot out of the box, and I work with Linux Servers most of the time. connect to an external server on Linux is seamless compared to Windows.

2 Likes

Re: Ubuntu Linux by Uzomacharles: 7:22pm On Dec 20, 2022
Chaos14
you sell SM TP?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Chaos14: 7:25pm On Dec 20, 2022
Uzomacharles:
Chaos14
you sell SM TP?
What type are you talking about
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Uzomacharles: 7:38pm On Dec 20, 2022
Chaos14:
What type are you talking about
inbox yahoo and other mails
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Chaos14: 8:11pm On Dec 20, 2022
Uzomacharles:

inbox yahoo and other mails
Nah ask spambox7 he does something like that
Re: Ubuntu Linux by NoonMasamune: 12:05pm On Dec 28, 2022
can someone tell me what i am doing wrong?

Re: Ubuntu Linux by Deicide: 5:01pm On Dec 28, 2022
NoonMasamune:
can someone tell me what i am doing wrong?
Spacing. Space after bracket [[ <> ]]

1 Like

Re: Ubuntu Linux by NoonMasamune: 6:23am On Dec 31, 2022
Deicide:

Spacing. Space after bracket [[ <> ]]

oh my god thanks. the material i was checking did not state the spaces as part of the syntax
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Deicide: 12:11pm On Dec 31, 2022
NoonMasamune:

oh my god thanks. the material i was checking did not state the spaces as part of the syntax
Bash can be strict like that grin

You should install shellcheck on your system it'll detect all this error.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by dukeo(m): 12:52pm On Mar 18, 2023
Deicide:
Bash can be strict like that grin

You should install shellcheck on your system it'll detect all this error.

I installed Ubuntu a few days ago and installed tlp after. But before even installing the tlp and after the fan is always on and high too even with nothing running and CPU around 38% unlike Windows, I find it is not very battery friendly and the fan wouldn't last long.

Is there a way to make it work like windows?
Come on when it is and goes off when it's at a cooler temperature.
Using a Dell latitude 5580 with i5_6200u
Re: Ubuntu Linux by dukeo(m): 12:54pm On Mar 18, 2023
coderoom:

Much better than Ubuntu?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Deicide: 1:33pm On Mar 18, 2023
dukeo:

I installed Ubuntu a few days ago and installed tlp after. But before even installing the tlp and after the fan is always on and high too even with nothing running and CPU around 38% unlike Windows, I find it is not very battery friendly and the fan wouldn't last long.

install fancontrol. And also check out this link and see how it can help in your case https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/fan_speed_control
Re: Ubuntu Linux by dukeo(m): 10:23pm On Mar 18, 2023
Deicide:
install fancontrol. And also check out this link and see how it can help in your case https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/fan_speed_control

Thanks for your help though none of those worked for me. I am wondering if it is an ubuntu problem or a linux one.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Deicide: 11:09pm On Mar 18, 2023
dukeo:

Thanks for your help though none of those worked for me. I am wondering if it is an ubuntu problem or a linux one.
Nah problem a system problem.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by ikept(m): 3:29pm On Apr 16, 2023
Good day guys
I've not been able to open/run any of my installed browsers on my Ubuntu 22.10 Os for almost a week now. Each time I try to open a browser, it just doesn't respond. So, I tried running it from the terminal, which returned BAD DUMP. This is peculiar to only the browsers on the system, while every other apps are working fine. I have Chrome, Chromium, Brave and Firefox browsers all were affected.

Pls any ideas on how to resolve this challenge?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Gentew(m): 4:56pm On Apr 24, 2023
Please I need information on how to install kali linux
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Deicide: 7:32pm On Apr 24, 2023
If you are asking then it probable means you shouldn't start with Kali Linux
Gentew:
Please I need information on how to install kali linux
Re: Ubuntu Linux by AshipaEk0: 8:56am On Apr 25, 2023
ikept:
Good day guys
I've not been able to open/run any of my installed browsers on my Ubuntu 22.10 Os for almost a week now. Each time I try to open a browser, it just doesn't respond. So, I tried running it from the terminal, which returned BAD DUMP. This is peculiar to only the browsers on the system, while every other apps are working fine. I have Chrome, Chromium, Brave and Firefox browsers all were affected.

Start the browser in terminal and post the full logs
Re: Ubuntu Linux by MasterJayJay: 7:41am On Apr 30, 2023
Ubuntu installation stucked at where I have to choose partition size.

My computer is running on windows 10. I want to install Ubuntu alongside windows.

I don't know if I choose 'Try something else' option, I can still be able to switch back to windows 10.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by denzel231: 5:25am On May 19, 2023
Chaos14:
Nah ask spambox7 he does something like that
Ubuntu good for dating sites?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by blackweaver(m): 1:04am On Jun 12, 2023
dukeo:

Might be a driver issue. I had an issue like that when I first installed on a laptop I had. It was after I installed a proprietary driver that things improved.
Eventually one of the kernel updates resolved the issue. I believe there's an option for proprietary drivers in settings or administration
Re: Ubuntu Linux by blackweaver(m): 1:06am On Jun 12, 2023
MasterJayJay:
Ubuntu installation stucked at where I have to choose partition size.

My computer is running on windows 10. I want to install Ubuntu alongside windows.

I don't know if I choose 'Try something else' option, I can still be able to switch back to windows 10.

How comfortable are you with dual booting? If you know your way around, you can use gparted to resize the windows partition and thus free up space to install Ubuntu
Re: Ubuntu Linux by blackweaver(m): 1:06am On Jun 12, 2023
ikept:
Good day guys

Which browsers have you tried?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by taylormed2(m): 10:58am On Aug 15, 2023
Hello house, been having issues accessing sites when using mtn router on my ubuntu 23.04
I've noticed this issue affects my colleagues who use linux and an mtn router/mifi.
Any suggestions?

PS: I am able to access the site if I try using brave's tor vpn.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by DonroxyII: 12:18pm On Aug 15, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (Reply)

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.