Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,652 members, 7,801,898 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) (30226 Views)

War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President / Agbaje’s Camp Tackles Fashola, Tinubu For Saying He's Too Old To Be Governor / Bola And Oluremi Tinubu At Their Traditional Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by aljharem(m): 11:13am On Jan 04, 2013
boron10:
Egbon boko haram, hope it's not the PDP Ade Dosumu you're talking about? I rather have ACN rule Lagos Till eternity than seeing a PDP candidate rule. tongue

Yes it is the same PDP Ade dosumu. If not for funsho's death would fashola have won ?

I voted for fasola not ACN because of their propaganda
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by jmaine: 11:14am On Jan 04, 2013
alj harem:

Yes it is the same PDP Ade dosumu. If not for funsho's death would fashola have won ?

Who born Fash to win with Funsho Will contesting . . .Even Tinubu sef dey rig, come sweat join to defeat am . . .

Anyway . .The OP is simply joking or having those fair fantasies and dreams expected of him grin

P:S . .The OP is an ardent Tinubu and Lagos State Fan . .We should not deflect his honest desires to mean he is an ACN or Tinubu hater

2 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by anonimi: 11:18am On Jan 04, 2013
Yomieluv: When has Lagos state become Tinubu's property?instead of voting for her,I won't rather vote.
That dullard of a woman,who has no meaningful impact as a senator.

Rubbish thread.

Tinubu would be very happy to send you a Thank You note if you decide not to vote.
You leave the field free for his Area boys, touts and thugs to do & undo so she has a landslide victory to Alausa house in 2015.
Don't you think it will be more sensible to START NOW to identify potential candidates within or outside ACN who can replace her at the Senate and succeed Fashola as governor.
Once you identify any potential person you test the waters with your family, neighbours, friends, mosque/church/shrine fellow worshippers etc and if not worthwhile you drop her and seek out another for the same process.
That is what democracy is about. It is a PARTICIPATORY system for the best dividends!!!

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 04, 2013
I understand this to be a joke. Such decision will split ACN.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by boron10(m): 11:24am On Jan 04, 2013
alj harem:

Ade Dosumu is not Funsho William and can never have the political strength Funsho had in lagos. Not while Tinubu is still alive.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by jmaine: 11:25am On Jan 04, 2013
boron10:

Ade Dosumu is not Funsho William and can never have the political strength Funsho had in lagos. Not while Tinubu is still alive.

Supported . . . . .
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by VirginFinder: 11:27am On Jan 04, 2013
jmaine: [size=14pt] . . . .The delusional thread even made the homepage . . . .What a Joke we have as Mods . . .[/size]

The thread didn't make the frontpage free of charge.
Go figure!
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by slimfit1(m): 11:28am On Jan 04, 2013
alj harem: See how wicked Nigerians are. What has the wife of a Lagos state thief done to deserve such post.

This is the main reason why ACN should not win Lagos 2015. Pdp should just present Ade dosumu and watch them win insha Allah.

Well I think we would rather go for LP sir you pdp people don't have the people's interest at heart you never even mention what Ade Dosumu can add to Lagos you are just like you thieving leaders. I think we will still vote for her knowing she would get advice from the best two ex governors thank you. LP is the main treat not PDP

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:31am On Jan 04, 2013
seanet01: You are wrong. We ACN caucus already knows the next Governor of Lagos state.
First name starts with M and Last name ends with E.
Figure it out.

^^^Mickey Mouse ?

6 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by jmaine: 11:32am On Jan 04, 2013
Virgin Finder:

The thread didn't make the frontpage free of charge.
Go figure!

An intentional traffic booster = More advert clicks = More revenue = Nairaland Admin ====> grin

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by anonimi: 11:33am On Jan 04, 2013
boron10:

Which brings up the question of:
[size=13pt]Who had the greatest motive to kill Funsho Williams[/size]
For so long, everyone has taken it for granted that it must be the "nest of killers" in PDP. Maybe not so straightforward, afterall.

Does anyone remember how bombs were going off during Abacha's evil regime and everone was pointing to NADECO. Even MILAD Marwa's convoy was bombed.
Now we know better that it was the goggled one who was actually behind it.
Could the same be true of Funsho William's brutal killing

3 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 04, 2013
I am particularly not interested in who is Governor or President anymore. Cos I have learnt from Dangote not to meddle in partisan politics. Mike Adenuga was withc hunted for being close to IBB, so I am steering clear from politics henceforth. What I am interested is in strong institutions that can put governors and Presidents in check. At the moment, the politicians are bigger than institutions. Right now, Tinubu is bigger than ACN and Fashola is bigger than the state by-laws. I see no rational behind Tinubu being a defacto ACN Chairman for ever without a thought of a replacement till death. Is that supposed to be so ? As a Lagosian, if I will be permitted to bear that name by my Yoruba compatriots, I am supposed to be able to participate on affairs of state and know what steps are taken to ensure that Lagos no spoil, but I cant do that especially when Tinubu's decision is law and Fashola's instruction is indisputable. The state house of Assembly members are just political Halleluyah boys who do not argue with Tinubu. Whats the rational behind Tinubu's wife being in Senate ? She has not moved a single motion since she was there. So Lagos has lost a voice for 4yrs if not 8yrs cos Tinubu decided to push his wife there as the all-powerful-god of Lagos. Now, he has paid sycophants to come and test my opinion should he want to put his wife as governor. I wish him safe flights and road travels, and may the gods of the sky protect him.

2 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by maclatunji: 11:38am On Jan 04, 2013
Gbawe:

Alhaji, you are talking too much out of emotion and your hatred of Tinubu. Political office is not won through emotion and fierce hatred of others alone. Go and join the process and help the PDP strategize to depose the ACN in Lagos. Simple as that.

You are absolutely right on this point, too many people insult politicians without participating in the political process- that is just "barking without being able to bite".

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by PapaBrowne(m): 11:39am On Jan 04, 2013
And it came to pass in the Year 2015 that her highness OLuremi Tinubu was fielded as Lagos State governorship candidate on the ACN platform, and almighty PDP finally took the reigns Of power and the catastrophic looting of Lagos state was finally transferred from the hands of King BOla TInubu to the great mafia that was the PDP.

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by joseph1832(m): 11:40am On Jan 04, 2013
CFCfan: The 2015 elections are still 2 years away, therefore Senator Oluremi Tinubu has 2 more years to make significant strides in the Senate.

#OluremiTinubu2015.
The senator has not made any significant strides since she's a senator is it now she wants to see the light!

Please I don't want to believe that your pro ACN and an advocate of Tinubu and his corrupt cohorts...

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Gbawe: 11:40am On Jan 04, 2013
alj harem:

Alhaji, stop wasting your time with these talks centred around a thinly-veiled hatred of Tinubu. Go and get involved and test your ability on the ground. One thing people like you fail to appreciate is that the ACN has and continues to attract the finest brains in the SW and beyond. That is no accident. The most intelligent Nigerians, if pragmatic also, will keep heading towards the ACN like Utomi. They are not fooled the Party is a haven of virtue but, as pragmatically intelligent people, they know what they know to appreciate what matters in the grand scheme of things and in relation to how the political evolution of Nigeria will pan out.

You should note what the Tinubu you hate so much is doing. When Anenih and OBJ are supporting military relics to become Governors , in this day and age, Tinubu is seeking the finest technocrats and professionals around. Stop fooling yourself mentioning Dosumu up and down. Lagos ACN will enjoy an even more comfortable win in 2015 but I won't show you why because you remain too emotional to appreciate that pragmatism plays a very big part in politics.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by aljharem(m): 11:40am On Jan 04, 2013
slim fit :

Well I think we would rather go for LP sir you pdp people don't have the people's interest at heart you never even mention what Ade Dosumu can add to Lagos you are just like you thieving leaders. I think we will still vote for her knowing she would get advice from the best two ex governors thank you. LP is the main treat not PDP
lol I suppose you are new on this forum. Look I dislike Pdp and can never campaign for them but I look at individuals. In this case, don't make a very Stu.pid mistake like you all did with Jonathan. I am telling you all now that if we want Lagos to advance and grow, our best bet is with Ade dosumu you are here shouting LP.

If una like vote for Tinubu's party again, you all have yourselves to blame. After fashola, acn has nothing tp offer Lagos state again. That is why Tinubu does not like fashola.

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by dabrake(m): 11:43am On Jan 04, 2013
Nonsense!!! It's now official, Tinubu is the ruler and owner of Lagos state. This is the craziest idea I've heard. What next after that? Oyindamola Tinubu(froggy's daughter) for Governor/senate?
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by lekkie073(m): 11:44am On Jan 04, 2013
seanet01: You are wrong. We ACN caucus already knows the next Governor of Lagos state.
First name starts with M and Last name ends with E.
Figure it out.
muiz banire? u must be joking....if u r truely an acn state member, then u will know better. the next acn gubernatorial candidate for lagos is....the name starts with A and ends with A. figure it out. grin
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 04, 2013
Gbawe:

Alhaji, stop wasting your time with these talks centred around a thinly-veiled hatred of Tinubu. Go and get involved and test your ability on the ground. One thing people like you fail to appreciate is that the ACN has and continues to attract the finest brains in the SW and beyond. That is no accident. The most intelligent Nigerians, if pragmatic also, will keep heading towards the ACN like Utomi. They are not fooled the Party is a haven of virtue but, as pragmatically intelligent people, they know what they know to appreciate what matters in the grand scheme of things and in relation to how the political evolution of Nigeria will pan out.

You should note what the Tinubu you hate so much is doing. When Anenih and OBJ are supporting military relics to become Governors , in this day and age, Tinubu is seeking the finest technocrats and professionals around. Stop fooling yourself mentioning Dosumu up and down. Lagos ACN will enjoy an even more comfortable win in 2015 but I won't show you why because you remain too emotional to appreciate that pragmatism plays a very big part in politics.
You are an intelligent fellow with total ignorance of standard political and institutional ideals in a democracy. So, Tinubu has become a political institution, so instead of ACN making decision based on its manifesto you now replace ACN with Tinubu. No matter how good the plan is, it should be structurally instituted, 'what if' Tinubu falls asleep and dont wake up? So all his 'good plans' crumble. It is the reason democracy is 'institution centered' and not 'individual centered'. Project your intelligence for positivism and not logical abnormalities.

5 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by aljharem(m): 11:50am On Jan 04, 2013
Gbawe:

Alhaji, stop wasting your time with this Tinubu hatred thingymijigg. Go and get involved and test your ability on the ground. One thing people like you fail to appreciate is that the ACN has and continues to attract the finest brains in the SW and beyond. That is no accident. The most intelligent Nigerians, why because you remain too emotional to appreciate that pragmatism plays a very big part in politics.
I am not emotional but

What is wrong to be emotional about my state and country ? I am not play or talking politics here rather I am talking about what is best for my state and right now, it is not ACN. The reason why you do not Ade dosumu is because he is not in ACN and NOT WHAT HE HAS TO OFFER. The reason why I love fashola is not because of his party but what has to offer and I voted for him twice, was obaonikoro or Ade dosumu not there ? But I had my reasons for fasola. Now that fasola is finishing his tenure, it is time we try another young intellectual. Forget Pdp because Acn is not any better. Tinubu just pays higher and that is how he escapes for the court all the time.

This is not emotions but reality.

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Monzuur(m): 11:50am On Jan 04, 2013
ajasa4link: May the 201 gods in ile-ife forbid this....
lolzzzz oduduwa obatala oranmiyan okanbi ogun sango e.t.c lolzzz ur comment sounds 4ni grin[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by aljharem(m): 11:55am On Jan 04, 2013
Using my phone tp type so take note
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by ypzilanti: 11:58am On Jan 04, 2013
Shebi Pat utomi is now an ACN member. Why can't pat utomi be ACN candidate for Lagos State? Just asking. Blaze a new trail in Nigeria? (this is just for argument sake).
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 04, 2013
Food for thought: "Africa needs strong institutions, not strong men". Since Senator Oluremi Tinubu isn't a "strong man", she'll promote the creation/sustenance of strong institutions.

#OluremiTimubu2015
#Pat Utomi - Running mate

Eko O Ni Baje.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by dabrake(m): 12:03pm On Jan 04, 2013
I voted for fasola not ACN

hehehehe. Same way you voted GEJ and not PDP
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by kingpinwon: 12:04pm On Jan 04, 2013
2015 will be so hot and dont be surprise to see that the person you dont even expect take that sit, politics is morethan what you guys are thinking, all i pray is, God should help in electing someone that will really worked and change things in a normal way. [color=#006600][/color][i][/i]
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by haibe(m): 12:06pm On Jan 04, 2013
God forbid, that woman that is not yet governor but already choppin money, what will happen if she becomes governor, tinubu has chopped enough, he wants to continue, using his wife as a tool.#smh#..i rebuke it that any tinubu's relation enter a political post ever again.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by aljharem(m): 12:06pm On Jan 04, 2013
dabrake:

hehehehe. Same way you voted GEJ and not PDP
wink
Lmao

I voted for buhari not cpc.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Gbawe: 12:08pm On Jan 04, 2013
Billyonaire: You are an intelligent fellow with total ignorance of standard political and institutional ideals in a democracy. So, Tinubu has become a political institution, so instead of ACN making decision based on its manifesto you now replace ACN with Tinubu. No matter how good the plan is, it should be structurally instituted, 'what if' Tinubu falls asleep and dont wake up? So all his 'good plans' crumble. It is the reason democracy is 'institution centered' and not 'individual centered'. Project your intelligence for positivism and not logical abnormalities.

No you m0r0n. I am telling someone who hates Tinubu vacuously to appreciate what pragmatically intelligent Nigerians understand. Why do the Utomis, Falanas et al gravitate towards the ACN? You think it is to worship Tinubu? No. Those men are very intelligent, opinionated and pragmatic. Thus they understand fully the evolution Nigeria must go through. Unlike most Nigerians, like you, who entertain emotion yet offer not much else, men like Balarabe Musa understand the concept of pitching your tent somewhere instead of just ranting wildly.

Go and find out what many respected Nigerians who now endorse or associate with the ACN, like Balarabe Musa,think of Tinubu. They will give answers, because they are pragmatically intelligent, along the lines that Tinubu is needed for specific things and for our specific current stage. Not one will tell you Tinubu is the be all and end all because political evolution and efficacy, that will outlive all of us, is what matter mosts. If Tinubu helps to achieve those things, then pragmatically intelligent Nigerians will work with him.

By the way, do not even touch the manifesto thing. Knowing and inspecting the specific manifesto of Parties is something I take a big interest in. Like I stated earlier, the ACN is an infinitesimally more intelligent Party than the PDP and their far superior manifesto reflects this. I know your style of debate enough to understand you will use any argument, however silly, to bolster your positions which are often personalised and personality-centred.

Even honest PDP stalwarts will tell you that there is no basis for comparison between the ACN and the PDP when it comes to manifesto, action plans, innovation and progressive political policies. You want to compare a Party that is all about wastage and begging bowl extended towards Abuja to one that believes in collecting taxes effectively, raising IGR, strengthening fiscal federalism, improving comparative economic advantages , efficient mass transport, optimal PPP (Private, public partnership) usage etc? Abeg come better this new year. Like I said earlier, some day when some of you can stop being so emotional, it will become clear to folks like you why intelligent, respected Nigerians and achievers, who get involved and act on behalf of their nation, opt for the ACN when they must pitch their tent.

4 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Funkymallam(m): 12:08pm On Jan 04, 2013
CFCfan: Food for thought: "Africa needs strong institutions, not strong men". Since Senator Oluremi Tinubu isn't a "strong man", she'll promote the creation/sustenance of strong institutions.

#OluremiTimubu2015
#Gbawe- Running mate

Eko O Ni Baje.

And some people are taking the op serious. smh
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by haibe(m): 12:08pm On Jan 04, 2013
ypzilanti: Shebi Pat utomi is now an ACN member. Why can't pat utomi be ACN candidate for Lagos State? Just asking. Blaze a new trail in Nigeria? (this is just for argument sake).

I tot u av to be a lagosian to contest for the post of lagos state gov

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sit-at -home Enforcement In Imo: Gunmen Kill Commercial Tricyclist, Passerby / Nigerians That Left The Country Are Now Trying To Come Back Home – Buhari / Ndume, Na’Allah Ratified Senate Majority Leader, Deputy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.