Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,323 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) (30233 Views)

War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President / Agbaje’s Camp Tackles Fashola, Tinubu For Saying He's Too Old To Be Governor / Bola And Oluremi Tinubu At Their Traditional Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 04, 2013
IYA NGBALI: See what these thieves are turning Nigeria to,family business,God punish dem all
Why dont you ask Kwara State Bukola Saraki and other PDP led underdeveloped, corrupt, unaccountable state governors.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 04, 2013
Nigeria's decay should not be blamed on PDP, because before Democracy was Military Governments. We have seen many advanced economies that were built by military dictators. Nigeria's problems should be blamed on our psyche as a people. PDP Governments of Akwa Ibom and Cross River States have proven that our problem isnt PDP, it is our regional behavioral stereotypes. Without any insult meant, an average Western Nigerian is a thug, behaves like a thug and rants like a thug, so it will not be surprising if we have a Governor, that promotes the use of thuggery to achieve an aim. It will not also be surprising to have a Governor in the South East who with due respect, will use cheat-tactics to defraud the state treasury cos it is stereotypical for an average igboman to cheat others in business. Will it be surprising then if there is an ACN, PDP or even CPC Governor in the North that will use official fiat to promote the love of Islam and entremisms ? Benin People are known as those guys that are fuccking greedy and alwayss wanna show off at the clubs and they are very good in militancy, so are you surprise if someone tells you the behavior of Ibori in power ? Listen, a people, get the leader they deserve. So irrespective of political affiliation we will almost always find stereotypical behavior promoting certain traits attributable to the ethnicity which the leader originates. OBJ (PDP) was a thug in power with due respect, Tinubu (ACN) was a thug in office, Oji Uzor Kalu (PDP) was a fraud in power. What is the solution to our problems ? We need to build very strong political institutions with tough terms of reference and manifesto and make sure these institutions are not regional so that we can all checkmate each other. Tinubu should not be bigger than ACN, in as much as we hate PDP but I am sorry to tell you that PDP is the only true national party and I am sure PDP will retain power at Federal level till the next 99 yrs 'if' there is no other national opposition party. You all will be here on Nairaland and you will see how PDP will continue to win and win again and again, cos Tinubu will not want to loosen his grip on ACN and Buhari will not loosen his grip on CPC and APGA is still a local champion in the East. I preach today that we should build institutions and stop promoting Tinubu instead of ACN. If Tinubu dare fields his wife as ACN Governorship Candidate, he will hear from Lagosians and I mean it. It will be the end of Asiwaju Company of Nigeria as we know it. I am Lagosian and I have the right to decide who governs me.

4 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by PastorOla1: 2:06pm On Jan 04, 2013
LAGOS ACN BETTER NOT FALL INTO THIS TRAP!!!
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by eaglechild: 2:06pm On Jan 04, 2013
maclatunji: Hanhan, what kind of bad idea is this? There are more popular and capable candidates than this lady. What experience of governance does she have apart from being Asiwaju Bola Tinubu's wife and being foisted on people as a Senator?

Can she win a Ward election without her husband's political machinery? We Nigerians have lost it. 4 days into 2013, people have started campaigning for 2015. You can be sure nothing significant will be done this year by these politicians.

Shame on all of them and some of us the citizens who can't see and think beyond their greek gifts.
In other words you are trying to say that she rigged her way into the senate and the whole ACN set up is a charade.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by profola2be(m): 2:09pm On Jan 04, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Mamora Olorunnimbe?
Your are WRONG!
The first name of above named person is Olorunnimbe Mamora.
So,it is MUIZ BANIRE,Omota Mushin proper.na all Lagos money him go take sha GBANA and IGBO.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jan 04, 2013
profola2be:
Your are WRONG!
The first name of above named person is Olorunnimbe Mamora.
So,it is MUIZ BANIRE,Omota Mushin proper.na all Lagos money him go take sha GBANA and IGBO.

I like Muiz Banire of a guy, he is a hard worker. But he must go through fair and open primaries. No more anointing.

2 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Nuzo1(m): 2:13pm On Jan 04, 2013
3 reaasons I would want to see Remi Tinubu become the governor in 2015.

1. Nigeria would be breaking the record of electing the first female governor. Women emancipation!

2. It will be hilarious to see Asiwaju follow her up and down as the first lady of the state. grin

Aside from the aforementioned, I don't see anything Remi has to offer. Being pretty and a good dresser is good, but being a governor of a state has a lot more to do with intelligence, hardwork, and dedication.

Should she win the primaries of which could be arranged, presenting her or Muiz as an CAN gubernatorial candidate will be an easy win for Dosumu.

Sadly, some hypocrites are already on the necks of commentators...forcing them to believe news that has been on for years is a propaganda. But when same kind of 'lies' were said of GEJ's posters and Gej denied it, they insisted he knew about it.

Bottomline is that Acn is no better than Pdp, Lp or Cpc. They are all the same. Folks in Lagos, Imo, Anambra, Osun etc voted for the opposition party because of the candidate they put up.

So, if Tinubu deccides to field his wife believing that it was just ACN members that voted Fashola...then, that may be the begining of the downfall of Tinubu dynasty which includes ACN.

Obj may be right about Lagos 2015 anyway. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by bandely(m): 2:14pm On Jan 04, 2013
Muiz Banire
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Gbawe: 2:17pm On Jan 04, 2013
Nuzo':

1. Nigeria would be breaking the record of electing the first female governor. Women emancipation!

2. It will be hilarious to see Asiwaju follow her up and down as the first lady of the state. grin

Aside from the aforementioned, I don't see anything Remi has to offer. Being pretty and a good dresser is good, but being a governor of a state has a lot more to do with intelligence, hardwork, and dedication.

Should she win the primaries of which could be arranged, presenting her or Muiz as an CAN gubernatorial candidate will be an easy win for Dosumu.

Sadly, some hypocrites are already on the necks of commentators...forcing them to believe news that has been on for years is a propaganda. But when same kind of 'lies' were said of GEJ's posters and Gej denied it, they insisted he knew about it.

Bottomline is that Acn is no better than Pdp, Lp or Cpc. They are all the same. Folks in Lagos, Imo, Anambra, Osun etc voted for the opposition party because of the candidate they put up.

So, if Tinubu deccides to field his wife believing that it was just ACN members that voted Fashola...then, that may be the begining of the downfall of Tinubu dynasty which includes ACN.

No wonder you dabbled in politics and got nowhere. You are simply another emotional person failing to rise above sentiments to see what matters. Take it from me, that will always get in the way of any political ambition you have.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 04, 2013
Nuzo':

You are very much on point. We know intelligence when we read from them.

3 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by maclatunji: 2:28pm On Jan 04, 2013
eaglechild:
In other words you are trying to say that she rigged her way into the senate and the whole ACN set up is a charade.

I mean the ACN itself bent its rules for her to emerge as its candidate. Rigging is difficult to prove in her case because the ACN had its machinery on ground for her to win.

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Gaybriel: 2:29pm On Jan 04, 2013
I wonder why we delibrate on someone's opinion. The op said it was his on idea yet we discussed it as if it were from a proven source. Besides, Muiz Banire is not an indigene of Lagos. Let's look for something to do rather than crucify our politicians for what they are not bold enough to say to the public.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by lateef4me(m): 2:29pm On Jan 04, 2013
Joke of the century !!! Dem no born Tinubu papa well make him present his wife as ACN candidate in 2014 .
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by lekkie073(m): 2:37pm On Jan 04, 2013
ajasa4link:
sen. ASHAFA?.....sh*t these acn people that keep spending tax payers money on k1 the ultimate every weekend.... Na wa o
ashafa for where?
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by jmaine: 2:40pm On Jan 04, 2013
Gaybriel: I wonder why we delibrate on someone's opinion. The op said it was his on idea yet we discussed it as if it were from a proven source. Besides, Muiz Banire is not an indigene of Lagos. Let's look for something to do rather than crucify our politicians for what they are not bold enough to say to the public.

Tinubu who ruled for 8 yrs and currently the Numero uno and generalissimo of ACN is not an indigene of Lagos

So what sayest thou . . . . .

4 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by location(m): 2:53pm On Jan 04, 2013
No family can lay siege to any state. The people should make wise use of there ballot. I so submit
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by seanet01: 3:07pm On Jan 04, 2013
Billyonaire:
I like Muiz Banire of a guy, he is a hard worker. But he must go through fair and open primaries. No more anointing.
The same Primaries Obj use in picking Gej ahead of odili. Even here in UK, we have consensus candidates, No room for Money bags.
Though i have been a victim of ACN Consensus in ogun but it is still the best in a country where the highest bidder takes all irrespective of what he have to offer.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by seanet01: 3:10pm On Jan 04, 2013
jmaine:

Tinubu who ruled for 8 yrs and currently the Numero uno and generalissimo of ACN is not an indigene of Lagos

So what sayest thou . . . . .
Can you give us credence to that assumption. It may be true but if you have no evidence, it remains a Beer Parlour Script.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by jmaine: 3:16pm On Jan 04, 2013
seanet01: Can you give us credence to that assumption. It may be true but if you have no evidence, it remains a Beer Parlour Script.

The bros is from Boripe L.G.A, Osun State . . .You are just looking for any means of attention

Now stroll along . .

P:S...One of his massive edifice for family is situated close to Oke Iragbiji Grammer Sch, Iragbiji under Boripe L.G.A

2 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by malc619(m): 3:19pm On Jan 04, 2013
Billyonaire: Nigeria's decay should not be blamed on PDP, because before Democracy was Military Governments. We have seen many advanced economies that were built by military dictators. Nigeria's problems should be blamed on our psyche as a people. PDP Governments of Akwa Ibom and Cross River States have proven that our problem isnt PDP, it is our regional behavioral stereotypes. Without any insult meant, an average Western Nigerian is a thug, behaves like a thug and rants like a thug, so it will not be surprising if we have a Governor, that promotes the use of thuggery to achieve an aim. It will not also be surprising to have a Governor in the South East who with due respect, will use cheat-tactics to defraud the state treasury cos it is stereotypical for an average igboman to cheat others in business. Will it be surprising then if there is an ACN, PDP or even CPC Governor in the North that will use official fiat to promote the love of Islam and entremisms ? Benin People are known as those guys that are fuccking greedy and alwayss wanna show off at the clubs and they are very good in militancy, so are you surprise if someone tells you the behavior of Ibori in power ? Listen, a people, get the leader they deserve. So irrespective of political affiliation we will almost always find stereotypical behavior promoting certain traits attributable to the ethnicity which the leader originates. OBJ (PDP) was a thug in power with due respect, Tinubu (ACN) was a thug in office, Oji Uzor Kalu (PDP) was a fraud in power. What is the solution to our problems ? We need to build very strong political institutions with tough terms of reference and manifesto and make sure these institutions are not regional so that we can all checkmate each other. Tinubu should not be bigger than ACN, in as much as we hate PDP but I am sorry to tell you that PDP is the only true national party and I am sure PDP will retain power at Federal level till the next 99 yrs 'if' there is no other national opposition party. You all will be here on Nairaland and you will see how PDP will continue to win and win again and again, cos Tinubu will not want to loosen his grip on ACN and Buhari will not loosen his grip on CPC and APGA is still a local champion in the East. I preach today that we should build institutions and stop promoting Tinubu instead of ACN. If Tinubu dare fields his wife as ACN Governorship Candidate, he will hear from Lagosians and I mean it. It will be the end of Asiwaju Company of Nigeria as we know it. I am Lagosian and I have the right to decide who governs me.

Bro' are you crazy??

What are you saying man??

You ffvcking incoherent!!!!

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Gbawe: 3:19pm On Jan 04, 2013
Gaybriel: I wonder why we delibrate on someone's opinion. The op said it was his on idea yet we discussed it as if it were from a proven source. Besides, Muiz Banire is not an indigene of Lagos. Let's look for something to do rather than crucify our politicians for what they are not bold enough to say to the public.

Blame it on how your fellow citizens, even if unpleasant to admit, are over-emotional and vacuously pugnacious. You are right. It is the opinion of the OP. A very ludicrous one at that. One thing many of us fail to account for is the fluid intelligence of those who lead us. They may be greedy and self-serving but they are not self-destructive. Indeed, permanent interest and self-preservation is something we can trust all politicians to be about. GEJ will be bounced if he becomes unpopular enough to the extent the mood of the day shows that the PDP risk losing everything by backing him.

Similarly, Tinubu will be mad pushing his wife to be Governor of a State with the strategic importance of Lagos if that sort of move will strengthen the opposition and lose the Party swing/undecided votes or even ACN stalwarts who will be disillusioned with the side-lining of meritorious 'apprentices' and those who have contributed to develop Lagos and are up to speed with issues.

The 2015 project is even bigger than Lagos or any singular character and will involve a lot of actors and scenarios even Tinubu must respect. What I am saying will become obvious to Nigerians soon. If some want to keep childishly fearing and deifying men like Tinubu as if they are gods , without recognising the power in their own arms, then please be my guest. It is the reason IBB arrogantly said young people are not ready to lead. He observed many of us spend too much time worshipping and talking about them and not establishing our own identities as ready and able/superior replacements for them. Do any of you see Obama or Tony Blair arrogantly saying American and British youths are not ready to lead?

All I will say is that Tinubu has gotten where he is today by 'knowing the score'. Did he not show he knew the score by sticking with Fashola even when the usual "Tinubu-is-the-most-powerful-dictator-in-the-entire-world" sought to convince us Fashola would be dumped as the ACN candidate in 2011? We need to start reading the tarot cards better in Nigeria instead of being gullible and unhelpfully emotional/sentimental always.

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 04, 2013
seanet01: You are wrong. We ACN caucus already knows the next Governor of Lagos state.
First name starts with M and Last name ends with E.
Figure it out.

Muiz Banire. Thats the correct man for the job come 2015
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by seanet01: 3:25pm On Jan 04, 2013
jmaine:

The bros is from Boripe L.G.A, Osun State . . .You are just looking for any means of attention

Now stroll along . .

P:S...One of his massive edifice for family is situated close to Oke Iragbiji Grammer Sch, Iragbiji under Boripe L.G.A
Looking for your attention?
You are funny. What is there to seek the attention of Jamiu for?
They said the same thing against Obj, same was said against Osoba, said the same against OGD, some are even saying so against Fashola,
we are tired of Beer parlour gossips.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by talktimi(m): 3:29pm On Jan 04, 2013
maryjames9: Why dont you ask Kwara State Bukola Saraki and other PDP led underdeveloped, corrupt, unaccountable state governors.
see mumu, so because Kwara state was a family business you want to use that as a justification to turn Lagos into an "underdeveloped, corrup, unaccountable" state ? Sorry for your life as u no like better thing. If you don't like Lagos as it is now & you don't want to see it develop more, then I suggest you go to your underdeveloped Kwara. Congo meat like you

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by rhymz(m): 3:42pm On Jan 04, 2013
why do some posters find it hard to admit that Tinubu is a liability to ACN?
As long as the man continues be the numero uno of the party, he will continue to be the sole crown maker of the ACN irrespective of whether it runs contrary to democratic tenets or not. If tomorroe his wife, Oluremi begins to show keen interest in Lagos being Lagos state governor, trust me, the flaws in the ACN party system will rear its head again and reveal itself.

2 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Gbawe: 3:56pm On Jan 04, 2013
rhymz: why do some posters find it hard to admit that Tinubu is a liability to ACN?
As long as the man continues be the numero uno of the party, he will continue to be the sole crown maker of the ACN irrespective of whether it runs contrary to democratic tenets or not. If tomorroe his wife, Oluremi begins to show keen interest in Lagos being Lagos state governor, trust me, the flaws in the ACN party system will rear its head again and reveal itself.

Keep fooling yourself. It is easier to never recognise how Nigeria has conditioned you to be weak, cowardly and fearful of the 'insurmountable ogres' rather than for you to learn from examples that obtains worldwide with youths rising up to prove they can take destiny in their own hands.

Why do the Tinubus of the world remain relevant if you are not cowardly? Join the PDP. Join the ACN, CPC or any Party of your choice. As long as you realise that you are the only one who can emancipate yourself from mental slavery (Bob Marley) then the battle is nearly won towards Nigeria creating a class of young people ready to rise up and depose/better the Tinubus, OBJs, IBBs, Anenihs for the glory of Nigeria.

Those old cats have played their part and only endure because Nigerian youths remain inadequate, impotent, fearful, cowardly and unable to take control. We stay in the background complaining. That is what we do best. Whereas young people elsewhere fight and make sacrifices to prove themselves and gain the change they want.

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by jmaine: 4:05pm On Jan 04, 2013
seanet01: Looking for your attention?
You are funny. What is there to seek the attention of Jamiu for?
They said the same thing against Obj, same was said against Osoba, said the same against OGD, some are even saying so against Fashola,
we are tired of Beer parlour gossips.

SeeDunce . . . .You simply said Nothing

Tinubu na Confirm Osun Man . . .No amount of deflection can work here
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by ugbakolo(m): 4:28pm On Jan 04, 2013
who ever crown fits................somebody help me with the rest.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by seanet01: 4:31pm On Jan 04, 2013
jmaine:

SeeDunce . . . .You simply said Nothing

Tinubu na Confirm Osun Man . . .No amount of deflection can work here

In your brain only.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Reyspin(m): 4:34pm On Jan 04, 2013
Abeg no vex oo .. I just wan ask How I go fit quote sensible post for NairaLand topic
CFCfan: After some self abnegation and immolation, I have come to the conclusion that Senator Oluremi Tinubu is the best person to occupy the Lagos state Governor's seat, come May 29, 2015.

Though she hasn't made significant contributions to Senate debates, her poise, charm, charity causes and her excellent political skills makes her frontrunner in d race to succeed the indefatigable Governor Fashola.

If she eventually decides to run for the office, be rest assured that She would become the first elected female governor in Nigeria. She would definitely continue from where Fashola stopped, ramping up the efforts to turn Lagos into the economic capital of Africa. The ACN machine is still a colossus in Lagos, nay the Southwest.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Afolabs101: 4:42pm On Jan 04, 2013
seanet01: You are wrong. We ACN caucus already knows the next Governor of Lagos state.
First name starts with M and Last name ends with E.
Figure it out.

Good choice, I believe he'd be his own man which is what Lagos needs.

If ACN field Remi Tinubu, they will be handing PDP victory in Lagos!
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by maclatunji: 4:59pm On Jan 04, 2013
Gbawe:

Blame it on how your fellow citizens, even if unpleasant to admit, are over-emotional and vacuously pugnacious. You are right. It is the opinion of the OP. A very ludicrous one at that. One thing many of us fail to account for is the fluid intelligence of those who lead us. They may be greedy and self-serving but they are not self-destructive. Indeed, permanent interest and self-preservation is something we can trust all politicians to be about. GEJ will be bounced if he becomes unpopular enough to the extent the mood of the day shows that the PDP risk losing everything by backing him.

Similarly, Tinubu will be mad pushing his wife to be Governor of a State with the strategic importance of Lagos if that sort of move will strengthen the opposition and lose the Party swing/undecided votes or even ACN stalwarts who will be disillusioned with the side-lining of meritorious 'apprentices' and those who have contributed to develop Lagos and are up to speed with issues.

The 2015 project is even bigger than Lagos or any singular character and will involve a lot of actors and scenarios even Tinubu must respect. What I am saying will become obvious to Nigerians soon. If some want to keep childishly fearing and deifying men like Tinubu as if they are gods , without recognising the power in their own arms, then please be my guest. It is the reason IBB arrogantly said young people are not ready to lead. He observed many of us spend too much time worshipping and talking about them and not establishing our own identities as ready and able/superior replacements for them. Do any of you see Obama or Tony Blair arrogantly saying American and British youths are not ready to lead?

All I will say is that Tinubu has gotten where he is today by 'knowing the score'. Did he not show he knew the score by sticking with Fashola even when the usual "Tinubu-is-the-most-powerful-dictator-in-the-entire-world" sought to convince us Fashola would be dumped as the ACN candidate in 2011? We need to start reading the tarot cards better in Nigeria instead of being gullible and unhelpfully emotional/sentimental always.

Very well said!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ndume, Na’Allah Ratified Senate Majority Leader, Deputy / Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory / Eight APC Governors Will Join Atiku By February 2018– PDP Chieftain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.