Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) (30234 Views)

War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President / Agbaje’s Camp Tackles Fashola, Tinubu For Saying He's Too Old To Be Governor / Bola And Oluremi Tinubu At Their Traditional Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 04, 2013
Lagos Inc. grin
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by EmmyDe25(m): 6:02pm On Jan 04, 2013
April fool.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by enyice(m): 6:36pm On Jan 04, 2013
Gbawe:

Blame it on how your fellow citizens, even if unpleasant to admit, are over-emotional and vacuously pugnacious. You are right. It is the opinion of the OP. A very ludicrous one at that. One thing many of us fail to account for is the fluid intelligence of those who lead us. They may be greedy and self-serving but they are not self-destructive. Indeed, permanent interest and self-preservation is something we can trust all politicians to be about. GEJ will be bounced if he becomes unpopular enough to the extent the mood of the day shows that the PDP risk losing everything by backing him.

Similarly, Tinubu will be mad pushing his wife to be Governor of a State with the strategic importance of Lagos if that sort of move will strengthen the opposition and lose the Party swing/undecided votes or even ACN stalwarts who will be disillusioned with the side-lining of meritorious 'apprentices' and those who have contributed to develop Lagos and are up to speed with issues.

The 2015 project is even bigger than Lagos or any singular character and will involve a lot of actors and scenarios even Tinubu must respect. What I am saying will become obvious to Nigerians soon. If some want to keep childishly fearing and deifying men like Tinubu as if they are gods , without recognising the power in their own arms, then please be my guest. It is the reason IBB arrogantly said young people are not ready to lead. He observed many of us spend too much time worshipping and talking about them and not establishing our own identities as ready and able/superior replacements for them. Do any of you see Obama or Tony Blair arrogantly saying American and British youths are not ready to lead?

All I will say is that Tinubu has gotten where he is today by 'knowing the score'. Did he not show he knew the score by sticking with Fashola even when the usual "Tinubu-is-the-most-powerful-dictator-in-the-entire-world" sought to convince us Fashola would be dumped as the ACN candidate in 2011? We need to start reading the tarot cards better in Nigeria instead of being gullible and unhelpfully emotional/sentimental always.

sequel to your apt analysis, you are still yet to sincerely profer any objective comment void of emmotion and sentiments.

You are not mandated to manufacture a response to every poster on this thread.

I understand, your emotional attachment and dedication to the ACN cause. You are human afterall but do us all a favour and calm your nerves for the sake of your dignity.

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

2 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by aljharem(m): 6:47pm On Jan 04, 2013
OAM4J:

Will you then prefer Bode George indirect rule?

Until we have a better alternative to ACN we will insist ACN should present a candidate we can trust. No to PDP.

The OP is only having fun though. Even Asiwaju himself will laugh at the joke.

How is Bode George ruling indirectly when he is no long the zonal chairman ? undecided Why do you people always attach Bode George to current PDP people. Id PDP was that bad, Bode George would have walk free unlike Tinubu

Moreover is he not 100 million times better than Tinubu ?

Yes there are better alternative to Tinubu ACN is likes of Jimi, Dosumu etc

3 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by aljharem(m): 6:48pm On Jan 04, 2013
OAM4J:

You are the one that is about to fall into the same mistake of 'I voted for Jonathan not PDP' we are living witnesses to the result of that error.

LOL so now you are voting for ACN not Tinubu even though it is call that Tinubu is the "god" of ACN unlike PDP where there is internal democracy.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Gbawe: 6:51pm On Jan 04, 2013
enyice:

sequel to your apt analysis, you are still yet to sincerely profer any objective comment void of emmotion and sentiments.

You are not mandated to manufacture a response to every poster on this thread.

I understand, your emotional attachment and dedication to the ACN cause. You are human afterall but do us all a favour and calm your nerves for the sake of your dignity.

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Look at your own response that does not seek to even address the thread topic but rather focuses on another forumer. I do not tell anyone here I am perfect but your response here is typical of what is failing Nigeria. I.e the failure of a nation's youth, as the most potent force it has, to note and concentrate on what matters instead of them obsessing over who/what does not.

Whether you know it or are even prepared to admit it, your nation has brainwashed many of its youth to be obsessed with personalities. This is why, for example, you craft a response here that avoids the topic yet attempts to make your fellow forumer the topic. This is why Nigerian youth, with nothing preventing them controlling their own fortune and future, speak like little spellbound children who are forever scared of the big, bad bogeymen in Tinubu, IBB, OBJ et al.

Here it is common for young, potent men to speak as if they would cower in the corner if Tinubu or IBB came into their house to have their way with all the women in their household. I have my faults but I am scared of no one and I deify nobody. I only recognise that the world is a stage and those who bravely present themselves , to include even criminals, will play a role. Happy new year to you too.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Demdem(m): 6:58pm On Jan 04, 2013
alj harem:

How is Bode George ruling indirectly when he is no long the zonal chairman ? undecided Why do you people always attach Bode George to current PDP people. Id PDP was that bad, Bode George would have walk free unlike Tinubu

Moreover is he not 100 million times better than Tinubu ?

Yes there are better alternative to Tinubu ACN is likes of Jimi, Dosumu etc

Tinubu is no saint but the ex-convict is no way better than tinubu.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by aljharem(m): 7:01pm On Jan 04, 2013
Demdem:

Tinubu is no saint but the ex-convict is no way better than tinubu.

And was Awolowo not an ex-convict ? Look at what he turned Western Nigeria into

OBJ was an ex-convict

Mandela was a convict

Tinubu the thief who is not an ex-convict ALWAYS INSPIRE TO BE LIKE ONE OF THESE PEOPLE. so what are we saying
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by talktimi(m): 7:05pm On Jan 04, 2013
alj harem:

LOL so now you are voting for ACN not Tinubu even though it is call that Tinubu is the "god" of ACN unlike PDP where there is internal democracy.
add to the fact that GEJ dropped his godfather OBJ, I'd like to see an ACN politician who can confidently say he isn't kissing Tinubu's a*ss. Still won't vote for his wife if she happens to contest the governorship under ACN come 2015.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by seanet01: 7:07pm On Jan 04, 2013
Billyonaire: Nigeria's decay should not be blamed on PDP, because before Democracy was Military Governments. We have seen many advanced economies that were built by military dictators. Nigeria's problems should be blamed on our psyche as a people. PDP Governments of Akwa Ibom and Cross River States have proven that our problem isnt PDP, it is our regional behavioral stereotypes. Without any insult meant, an average Western Nigerian is a thug, behaves like a thug and rants like a thug, so it will not be surprising if we have a Governor, that promotes the use of thuggery to achieve an aim. It will not also be surprising to have a Governor in the South East who with due respect, will use cheat-tactics to defraud the state treasury cos it is stereotypical for an average igboman to cheat others in business. Will it be surprising then if there is an ACN, PDP or even CPC Governor in the North that will use official fiat to promote the love of Islam and entremisms ? Benin People are known as those guys that are fuccking greedy and alwayss wanna show off at the clubs and they are very good in militancy, so are you surprise if someone tells you the behavior of Ibori in power ? Listen, a people, get the leader they deserve. So irrespective of political affiliation we will almost always find stereotypical behavior promoting certain traits attributable to the ethnicity which the leader originates. OBJ (PDP) was a thug in power with due respect, Tinubu (ACN) was a thug in office, Oji Uzor Kalu (PDP) was a fraud in power. What is the solution to our problems ? We need to build very strong political institutions with tough terms of reference and manifesto and make sure these institutions are not regional so that we can all checkmate each other. Tinubu should not be bigger than ACN, in as much as we hate PDP but I am sorry to tell you that PDP is the only true national party and I am sure PDP will retain power at Federal level till the next 99 yrs 'if' there is no other national opposition party. You all will be here on Nairaland and you will see how PDP will continue to win and win again and again, cos Tinubu will not want to loosen his grip on ACN and Buhari will not loosen his grip on CPC and APGA is still a local champion in the East. I preach today that we should build institutions and stop promoting Tinubu instead of ACN. If Tinubu dare fields his wife as ACN Governorship Candidate, he will hear from Lagosians and I mean it. It will be the end of Asiwaju Company of Nigeria as we know it. I am Lagosian and I have the right to decide who governs me.
True Lagosians known themselves. You are just a resident not an omo oni ile. If you are A Lagosian let me see your posters in Lagos campaigning for just house of assembly.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by seanet01: 7:13pm On Jan 04, 2013
alj harem:

Internal Democracy in Pdp? I laugh in alhajrem.
Do you know that there are some Parties in the UK who use ACN system?
Internal democracy that produces Ogd, akala fayose and oyinlola. That is not internal democracy, it is internal combustion.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Gbawe: 7:14pm On Jan 04, 2013
alj harem:

OBJ was an ex-convict

Mandela was a convict

Tinubu the thief who is not an ex-convict ALWAYS INSPIRE TO BE LIKE ONE OF THESE PEOPLE. so what are we saying

Alhaji, If I ask you to show me what you are doing to rescue the Lagos you claim to love so much, can you do so? Are you registered with any Political Party? Are you ready to mobilise for that Party and fight for the change you seek? Or is it just that you are full of hot air and seeking other flawed mortals to be your messiah as 90% of Nigerians are? It remains very simple. You have two years to wrestle Lagos away from the ACN. With the noise you make here, back it with structured and formal effort. You can even start mobilising from Nairaland.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Demdem(m): 7:28pm On Jan 04, 2013
alj harem:

OBJ was an ex-convict

Mandela was a convict

Tinubu in his inperfect state is still better than "tewonde" george.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by sp2002(m): 7:44pm On Jan 04, 2013
mamora olorunbe is the next person. that was the reason he stepped down for this new senator who was the former permanent secretary for land \lagos state
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by KnowAll(m): 7:55pm On Jan 04, 2013
I hope Tinunbu is not trying to do a 'Putin' on us. After his wife 8 years term, it will be Fashola's Wife turn given d Tinunbu's and Fashola's a grand total of ruling Lagos for 32 years. cry

Eko ti bajeooooooo, na wah oh!!
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by niggadee(m): 8:11pm On Jan 04, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Mamora Olorunnimbe?
mamora ko mamora ni that Greedy Mustache

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by aljharem(m): 8:13pm On Jan 04, 2013
I am done arguing and debating. 2015, I believe Lagosians would use their brains without sentiment.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Gbawe: 8:26pm On Jan 04, 2013
niggadee: mamora ko mamora ni that Greedy Mustache

Correct. Adeleke Olurunnimbe Mamora does not feature, even minimally, in plans concerning the 2015 Lagos Governorship. His time is past. Totally irrelevant chap. Sorry to say.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by dayokanu(m): 8:49pm On Jan 04, 2013
The OP is simply trolling

Muniru Muse

Muiz Banire

Mamora olorunmibe
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by djustice: 8:50pm On Jan 04, 2013
alj harem: @ egbon gbawe and co.

Forget it, ACN is not winning Lagos state again. It is time we lagosians try another party. ACN ruling Lagos simply mean Tinubu is still ruling and to be frank with you my brothers we don't want Tinubu's hands in Lagos again for reasons you know of.

Just as funsho's death made way for fashola so would ACN make way for another Lagos state hero aka Ade dosumu.

Don't let fashola sentiment blind u all to the fact that another person out ACN can make Lagos state even greater.

You mean Dosu-mumu that couldn't marshall his own thoughts and mumbled his way through the debates? You people are so clueless. PDP cannot win with Dosu-mumu. Surely, there are better people in PDP than that dunce!

I've never seen him say A WORD in defence of PDP since the elections, but I see Taofik Gani, the PRO of PDP, who's wayyyy cleverer than Dosu-mumu the dummy, fighting their corner and exposing ACN's excesses. Then, there's that Gbadamosi guy! If PDP present that guy, ACN are finished in Lagos. That's easily the most cerebral PDP person I've ever seen, apart from Donald Duke. Talks sense, without blowing grammar, and you can see the passion and hear the conviction in his voice. I've watched him a few times on various channels, and I would vote for him in a heartbeat.
I hope PDP can give us someone like that. I'm fed up to the teeth with these thieves and gangsters in the Asiwaju Criminal Network!

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by niggadee(m): 8:56pm On Jan 04, 2013
Gbawe:

Correct. Adeleke Olurunnimbe Mamora does not feature, even minimally, in plans concerning the 2015 Lagos Governorship. His time is past. Totally irrelevant chap. Sorry to say.
i disagree with your sentiment it's very inaccurate. lets conversation after conversation you will realize who is the smart one.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Gbawe: 9:04pm On Jan 04, 2013
niggadee: i disagree with your sentiment it's very inaccurate. lets conversation after conversation you will realize who is the smart one.

Ok. Let us wait and see. The Same Mamora I see hanging around Obanikoro fawningly at the Nigerian embassy in Ghana and generally seeking relevance not based on his own sagacity? You think anyone takes Mamora seriously enough ,when he is at the end stage of political jobbing, to make him Governor of Lagos after Fashola?

Vacancy only exist for involved 'apprentices', ready to graduate, who are up to speed with issues and can continue leading seamlessly when Fashola hands over the baton. No 'trainee' model in Lagos. Trust me. Keep watching. Many forget that Fashola, even if unknown before 2007, was up to speed in the background as a directly groomed and involved understudy of Tinubu. Fashola took on the BRT scheme, Eko Atlantic project and many other plans enthusiastically , started under Tinubu, because he was a part of the team involved with and committed to those plans. Same will play out again.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by sammy187: 10:07pm On Jan 04, 2013
Senator Mamora Olorunnimbe is the man for the job!
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by W0Clinton: 10:07pm On Jan 04, 2013
Hahaha...the question most of u should ask is-was she supposed to be a senator,if your answer is yes; then support her candidature. Let's see how a family party will ever win a presidential election in Nigeria.Ali Community Niggaz A-C-N.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 04, 2013
W.0 Clinton:
Hahaha...the question most of u should ask is-was she supposed to be a senator,if your answer is yes; then support her candidature. Let's see how a family party will ever win a presidential election in Nigeria.Ali Community Niggaz A-C-N.

LMAO grin
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by unclenna(m): 10:52pm On Jan 04, 2013
CFCfan: After some self abnegation and immolation, I have come to the conclusion that Senator Oluremi Tinubu is the best person to occupy the Lagos state Governor's seat, come May 29, 2015.

Though she hasn't made significant contributions to Senate debates, her poise, charm, charity causes and her excellent political skills makes her frontrunner in d race to succeed the indefatigable Governor Fashola.

If she eventually decides to run for the office, be rest assured that She would become the first elected female governor in Nigeria. She would definitely continue from where Fashola stopped, ramping up the efforts to turn Lagos into the economic capital of Africa. The ACN machine is still a colossus in Lagos, nay the Southwest.
Go and sleep.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 04, 2013
seanet01: True Lagosians known themselves. You are just a resident not an omo oni ile. If you are A Lagosian let me see your posters in Lagos campaigning for just house of assembly.
I dont care who is in Government, but I am sure he will need me to turn black money white.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jan 04, 2013
Who on this thread is from Lagos??

Let the Lagos indigenes choose who they want!! Jheez!! undecided
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Afam4eva(m): 12:10am On Jan 05, 2013
shymexx: Who on this thread is from Lagos??

Let the Lagos indigenes choose who they want!! Jheez!! undecided
Most people here live in Lagos and you live in London. They'll be the one voting and they have the right to comment on this issue cos it directly affects them.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Afam4eva(m): 12:11am On Jan 05, 2013
Wily2wily banned for 2 hours for spamming this thread with tribalistic jargons.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) by Nobody: 12:12am On Jan 05, 2013
afam4eva: Wily2wily banned for 2 hours.

Why was the person banned?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chibok Girls’ Matter Is A Scam – Omatsola Williams, WOWICCN National President / Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory / Abba Kyari Demands ₦500 Million Against NDLEA Over 'Unlawful Detention'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.