Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,324 members, 7,780,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:46 PM

The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? (36920 Views)

What's The Oldest Car You've Driven / Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. / My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by manny4life(m): 11:54pm On Aug 19, 2013
CFCfan:
Definitely not the case. On the freeway, I usually drive between 75-85mph.

Ok o, was wondering why you will do 94 miles in 90mins

You should wrap up in about an hr unless if there was traffic.

I usually do between 80/85mph "ONLY IF" there aren't,

A. No speed cameras or radar contact areas/"speed enforced by aircraft" embarassed

B. No highway state trooper with their friggin radar guns...

Remove these two concerns, and I'm all good. grin grin
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by KA24DETT(m): 11:55pm On Aug 19, 2013
jidegirl12: Toronto to Edmonton

72hrs Drive.
It's 31 hours driving straight . Can cut it down of you go
Through the states
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by scribble: 11:55pm On Aug 19, 2013
VI to Ikoyi
25km
3 hours due to Gidi traffic

Felt like forever

1 Like

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Freddieyankee(m): 11:56pm On Aug 19, 2013
Just did one today.... From New York City to Atlanta Georgia ....... Left at 1am last night and got here around 2:30pm this afternoon..... 13.5 hours driving a 2011 Infiniti G37x
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by saintkash(m): 11:57pm On Aug 19, 2013
Kano to lagos seems to be my longest jrny, though it's not much of a diff when i travelled warri to jos and also kano to warri
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Nobody: 12:00am On Aug 20, 2013
manny4life:

Ok o, was wondering why you will do 94 miles in 90mins

You should wrap up in about an hr unless if there was traffic.

I usually do between 80/85mph "ONLY IF" there aren't,

A. No speed cameras or radar contact areas/"speed enforced by aircraft" embarassed

B. No highway state trooper with their friggin radar guns...

Remove these two concerns, and I'm all good. grin grin

I especially look out for those guys grin grin
Sometimes, I even do 80mph in their presence. But my sister has been unlucky with them; she has received some speeding tickets for doing 80mph.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by dubezj: 12:01am On Aug 20, 2013
June 2013

Munich, Germany - Madrid, Spain. Return: 3days later

Total Distance: 4082 KM

Duration: 18 hrs non-stop (except to buy gas and stretch) x2

Vehicle: 2012 Audi Q5 3.0 tdi.

Munich-Amsterdam-London rtn commences in 4 days.

Driving in Germany is like heaven when the Autobahn is free and unrestricted
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Nobody: 12:04am On Aug 20, 2013
dubezj: June 2013

Munich, Germany - Madrid, Spain. Return: 3days later

Total Distance: 4082 KM

Duration: 18 hrs non-stop (except to buy gas and stretch) x2

Vehicle: 2012 Audi Q5 3.0 tdi.

Munich-Amsterdam-London rtn commences in 4 days.

Driving in Germany is like heaven when the Autobahn is free and unrestricted

I would love to have that experience someday.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by igbsam(m): 12:04am On Aug 20, 2013
Lagos to Calabar
Lagos to Benin republic

Lagos to Cotonou - Togo - Ghana and the finally Sierra Loane and then back all in 9 days.

All trip with my V6 2003 Honda Accord which is also my first car and am still cruising it to little distance like

Lagos to Abuja
Lagos to Ph
Lagos to Benin and Delta.
Lagos to Iwo.

I love travelling long distance than short distance. Makes me feel what the car is made for. I love driving.....

1 Like

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by datmix(m): 12:04am On Aug 20, 2013
Lagos to Ghana... 15 straight hours with immigration palava.... Lagos to Oshogbo, Oshogbo back to lagos the same day. Round trip is about 9hrs
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by piagetskinner(m): 12:06am On Aug 20, 2013
spongeback: PH-Bayelsa lipsrsealed
Na horse u RIdE?
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by KA24DETT(m): 12:07am On Aug 20, 2013
Longest trip is Ottawa - Toronto - Calgary .( 3,403km) (2 days straight )
Went to visit my mom in Calgary . 1995 Nissan maxima, Car was a stick shift and my friend can't drive manual so I drove most of the way.
Drove through US, hitting Detroit -Wisconsin -Chicago -souh Dakota - Montana- Calgary . Went to a university party and picked up some girls, took them to their house and was nearly beaten up by her boyfriend who decided to pay a late night visit .
Got a speeding ticket in Dakota for going 200km/h.
Mom was scared and worried, was 21 so who cares.
Will definitely not do it again. But it was fun though .
I miss that Nissan maxima, so much memories.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by dubezj: 12:14am On Aug 20, 2013
CFCfan:
I would love to have that experience someday.

you should my brother. Argueably, Hitler was a mad man, but he got this one right.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by floridam(m): 12:16am On Aug 20, 2013
Sango to foursquare camp, ajebo and back following day in my 2004 Honda civic.
Intend to drive from Sango to irele to Abuja soonest.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Nobody: 12:19am On Aug 20, 2013
Abuja-Lokoja-Okene-Benin-Lagos-cotonou-Togo-aflao-Tema-Accra.

2daz journe¥
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 20, 2013
dubezj:

you should my brother. Argueably, Hitler was a mad man, but he got this one right.

So true. Maybe the American states and Nigeria could copy the autobahn model.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by piagetskinner(m): 12:21am On Aug 20, 2013
afanda: Lagos to sokoto with my Baby boy 2000 model V6. Left Gidi 0530 got to Sokoto around 2200hrs. Worst road. Lagos - Ibadan - Jebba - mokwa - Kontagora - yauri - koko - jega - shagari - sokoto. Drove all alone with my bottle of Red Label. I jst dey go my tin.
Bros no talk again....chai! That bode sadu-jebba -mokwa road na die...e fit giv person migraine
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Nobody: 12:24am On Aug 20, 2013
California to Florida.. and then back..

angry
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 20, 2013
SniperInADiaper: California to Florida.. and then back..

angry

You're very strong wink
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by buddymate: 12:27am On Aug 20, 2013
Golan-Tiberias-Haifa-Nazareth-Netanya-Tel Aviv-Jerusalem-Hebron-Be'er Sheva-Eilat-Egypt. About 900km. 8hrs and 45mins.

1 Like

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Ayorh4you(m): 12:28am On Aug 20, 2013
Piyke: Trip: Enugu-Gombe ( and return several times)

Distance: 589miles (one way)

Duration: 12-13hrs

Route: Enugu-Kogi-Benue-Nasarawa-Jos-Bauchi-Gombe.
Alternate route: Enugu-Kogi-Benue-Taraba-Yola-Gombe.

These trips were during my nysc in 2011. I used Google maps during most times and was suprised on how accurate it was for use in Nigeria.

Feel free to adjust the format as you deem fit. It's just a thread for fun.

Where in Gombe state was your ppa and what batch? I also served in Gombe state (the state capital) same year.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by osa2k3(m): 12:30am On Aug 20, 2013
cryZaria-lagos one day in a mercury suv like d journey was neva gonna end.cldnt feel my body wen I got to lagos, I doff my hat for drivers abeg.lol. It was fun though
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by piagetskinner(m): 12:30am On Aug 20, 2013
15km..house to work angry
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Nobody: 12:43am On Aug 20, 2013
Puny distances compared to what I have planned. To date, northern Italy tour. Around 15 hours with a ridiculous amounts of stop overs grin.

buddymate: Golan-Tiberias-Haifa-Nazareth-Netanya-Tel Aviv-Jerusalem-Hebron-Be'er Sheva-Eilat-Egypt. About 900km. 8hrs and 45mins.
Buddy, mate! I want to do this!!
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Beey(f): 12:46am On Aug 20, 2013
Wallie: Just came back a couple of days ago from a trip up north

Maryland -> Delaware -> New Jersey -> New York -> Connecticut -> Massachusetts -> New Hampshire -> Vermont -> Montreal QC -> Trois Rivieres QC

850 miles (1368 km) one way which is about 14 hours with no traffic but it probably took me about 17 hours to get back due to heavy snowfall in parts of Canada and Vermont.

I'm sure there are people that will easily beat the 850 mile distance as I know some people drive from the West Coast to the East Coast (2800 miles – 40 hours no traffic). I intend on trying it someday!
Really? Furthest I've done is Massachusetts>Connecticut>Newyork>Newjersey>Delaware>Maryland >Washington DC but long drives are not my cup of coffee.After 3 hours my neck starts to drop.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Nobody: 12:48am On Aug 20, 2013
KA24DETT: Longest trip is Ottawa - Toronto - Calgary .( 3,403km) (2 days straight )
Went to visit my mom in Calgary . 1995 Nissan maxima, Car was a stick shift and my friend can't drive manual so I drove most of the way.
Drove through US, hitting Detroit -Wisconsin -Chicago -souh Dakota - Montana- Calgary . Went to a university party and picked up some girls, took them to their house and was nearly beaten up by her boyfriend who decided to pay a late night visit .
Got a speeding ticket in Dakota for going 200km/h.
Mom was scared and worried, was 21 so who cares.
Will definitely not do it again. But it was fun though .
I miss that Nissan maxima, so much memories.

Waoh Ontario to Alberta via states .... no can do... Maybe not undecided. Thinking of going up North next year ( Newfoundland &L, NS , NB ) but it's gotta be rental , that's a lot of mileage ( and we can drop the rental and fly back) ... 200km/hr mehn I duff my wig. grin.. Highest is 140 with hubby yelling on top.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by BlueMagic2(m): 12:54am On Aug 20, 2013
Dallas, TX to Sacramento, CA
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Nicepoker(m): 12:57am On Aug 20, 2013
from calabar to kwale in delta state. With ford ranger. Left calabar 2pm saturday got there 1am sunday. My navigation was poor. So i arived behind time
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by FILEBE(m): 12:59am On Aug 20, 2013
From Lagos to Soweto.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Nobody: 1:05am On Aug 20, 2013
from las Vegas to new York.
Abt 3800miles.

2 Likes

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Nobody: 1:06am On Aug 20, 2013
1 km = 0.62 miles

Note: all the speed in my posts are in miles not km, I don't drive in km. tongue
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by armyofone(m): 1:08am On Aug 20, 2013
Langley AF, VA - NYC
Longest trip this year and my butt is still hurting. I didn't drive just gisting yet it hurts grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already / A Look At The New 2020 Range Rover Evoque - Photos / A Kenyan Converts Nissan Fuga Car Into A Mercedes Benz Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.