Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? (37064 Views)

What's The Oldest Car You've Driven / Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. / My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Nobody: 1:09am On Aug 20, 2013
Anyway, I want to drive from where West Africa starts from, off the coast in Calabar, down to Cape Verde - up North to Senegal, Burkina Faso, Chad, Niger - and Back to Calabar.

Should do that probably by next summer. cool

Car of choice - defo G-class Benz!

1 Like

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Nobody: 1:18am On Aug 20, 2013
CFCfan:

You're very strong wink

Not.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Nobody: 1:21am On Aug 20, 2013
ighoosagie: from las Vegas to new York.
Abt 3800miles.
lata continued to buffalo som days lata
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Diasporan(m): 1:23am On Aug 20, 2013
Because of bad weather and cancellation of flight decided to go by road.Travelled from Houston TX to Baltimore MD.Journey began from Texas-Louisiana-Alabama-Georgia-North Carolina-south Carolina-Virginia-Washington DC-Maryland.car used Honda pilot(2010)
Took me 34 hours including stops.I had to pay someone to drive the car back.Damn will never try that shiit again.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Katsumoto: 1:29am On Aug 20, 2013
Lagos-Cotonou-Lome-Aflao-Accra-Abidjan = Almost 2 days with stops at Accra and Lome and 2 hours at Aflao because my companions had Naija passports. grin grin grin

New York-NJ-Delaware-Maryland-Virginia-North Carolina-Atlanta = 11 Hours doing 85-95 MPH and ticket from a Maryland State Trooper. grin grin grin

But the longest as got to be
Madrid-Burgos-San Sebastien-Bordeaux-Paris-Leige-Cologne-Berlin = 36 hours with a stop in Paris
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Lucasbalo(m): 1:58am On Aug 20, 2013
I drove from Chicago to Newyork to pick up my brother and both of us drove to L A for a friend wedding. Drove back to Chicago where my brother took a flight back to the Big Apple. It took us total of 7 days. Will never do it again. By the way , the truck (2012 Tahoe) was a gas gussler.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Roland17(m): 1:59am On Aug 20, 2013
Me and my friend flew to Miami to buy a car and drove the car back after vacationing at Eden Roc resort in Miami Florida , it took about 18-19hrs and 1200 ish miles I can't be that exact, but it was a fulfilled trip.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Qc1(m): 2:10am On Aug 20, 2013
From Montreal PQ to Calgary AB... about 72 hours non-stop with 100km/hr speed in my Jaguar S-TYPE with v8 engine.

I think the distance was about 4800 km.

1 Like

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by neroysc: 2:11am On Aug 20, 2013
43 hrs gan. from Florida 2 Oregon, 2days journey. 2957 miles on the road is one hell of a journey
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by supaeagles(m): 2:20am On Aug 20, 2013
Longest road trip for me?? Well i carry leggediz benz go from my house to market only to find out that i had forgotten to carry money with me and so had to re-do the whole "road trip" again..... cry
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Qc1(m): 2:29am On Aug 20, 2013
Qc-1:
From Montreal PQ to Calgary AB... about 72 hours non-stop with 100km/hr speed in my Jaguar S-TYPE with v8 engine.

I think the distance was about 4800 km.

Oh I almost forgot, I was stopped and delayed for about 2 hours by this lazy rookie cop right after the city of Thunder Bay and got a ticket for about $180. (Threw that sh@t away immediately. ..lol)

1 Like

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by iconaus: 2:46am On Aug 20, 2013
Sydney to Melbourne about 900kms - memorable . i hope that is the longrest using Dolge .

I have also done Jos to Onitsha using rav 4 . Love long distance travel doing it in my own pace - no hurry.

1 Like

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by BellaYao(f): 2:49am On Aug 20, 2013
smiley
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by rman: 3:12am On Aug 20, 2013
Lagos to Burkina Faso.

The route was: Lagos >>>> Zaria >>>> Sokoto >>>> Niamey ( Niger) >>>> Ougadugu ( Burkina Faso)

It took us close to 48hrs because with stopped in all the major cities.

It was with a couple of friends ( undergraduate days)

A very interesting road trip.

Where has this adventurous side of me gone? angry
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by MayraC(f): 3:14am On Aug 20, 2013
rman: Lagos to Burkina Faso.

The route was: Lagos >>>> Zaria >>>> Sokoto >>>> Niamey ( Niger) >>>> Ougadugu ( Burkina Faso)

It took us close to 48hrs because with stopped in all the major cities.

It was with a couple of friends ( undergraduate days)

A very interesting road trip.

Where has this adventurous side of me gone? angry

Just wanna make a lil correction here ..It is Ouagadougou ..not Ougadugu wink
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Nobody: 3:16am On Aug 20, 2013
Atlanta to Lagos 13hrs non stop in my boeing 767-300ER grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Qc1(m): 3:26am On Aug 20, 2013
KA24DETT: Longest trip is Ottawa - Toronto - Calgary .( 3,403km) (2 days straight )
Went to visit my mom in Calgary . 1995 Nissan maxima, Car was a stick shift and my friend can't drive manual so I drove most of the way.
Drove through US, hitting Detroit -Wisconsin -Chicago -souh Dakota - Montana- Calgary . Went to a university party and picked up some girls, took them to their house and was nearly beaten up by her boyfriend who decided to pay a late night visit .
Got a speeding ticket in Dakota for going 200km/h.
Mom was scared and worried, was 21 so who cares.
Will definitely not do it again. But it was fun though .
I miss that Nissan maxima, so much memories.

What
If you go all the way on Highway #1 without going through USA that's about 4500km distance.

I'm sure gonna try to cut though Minnesota next time to save distances and gas!
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Qc1(m): 3:29am On Aug 20, 2013
KA24DETT:
It's 31 hours driving straight . Can cut it down of you go
Through the states

It's actually 72 hours drive. I did the same without cutting through USA.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Pointnoire(m): 3:30am On Aug 20, 2013
Kano to Lagos
Distance-hard to tell lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Vehicle-Luxurious Bus(De Young Shall Grow)
Driver -Nwa Police grin ; grin
Time - Under twelve hours.

1 Like

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by manny4life(m): 3:35am On Aug 20, 2013
armyofone: Langley AF, VA - NYC
Longest trip this year and my butt is still hurting. I didn't drive just gisting yet it hurts grin

Less than 5hrs trip and your butt still hurts?

Besides what are you doing at CIA territory?
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Nobody: 3:38am On Aug 20, 2013
femmyb: Atlanta to Lagos 13hrs non stop in my boeing 767-300ER grin grin grin
metcheeeeeew.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by TopKol: 3:46am On Aug 20, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio to San Diego, California.....2,421 miles and it took me 3 days.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by obongtunji: 3:56am On Aug 20, 2013
Katsina to Lagos
About 1250km
Between 13 to 14hrs drive
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by bumdish: 4:05am On Aug 20, 2013
Make una no vex o, we no hear London pipu. Shey pipu no dey drive there? grin
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Sonsofbitches(m): 4:17am On Aug 20, 2013
Drove from North carolina (raleigh) to chicago (gurnee) 950 miles took me 20 hours and intend not to do it again.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Nobody: 4:29am On Aug 20, 2013
Sonsofbitches: Drove from North carolina (raleigh) to chicago (gurnee) 950 miles took me 20 hours and intend not to do it again.
I can pull dat in 12hrs
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Funjosh(m): 4:31am On Aug 20, 2013
These are MEN.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Nobody: 4:36am On Aug 20, 2013
bumdish: Make una no vex o, we no hear London pipu. Shey pipu no dey drive there? grin

Hehehe... Na only shymex guy we saw grin cheesy.. Maybe na double decker ferry dem dey enter there. Eeshh grin
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by donsteady(m): 4:37am On Aug 20, 2013
onuwaje: which car do u normally use
2006 Range Rover Sport
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Nobody: 4:38am On Aug 20, 2013
-Mr Cork-:
..sorry, our roads in London are smooth & neat & hav traffic light...we dont hav those lonng roads u people have ther(no oofeinse) angry

En hen see one... dey no get looooog Hwy for jand. grin
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Larryguy(m): 4:50am On Aug 20, 2013
Benin city to Sokoto ( Niger Border) 2044km
22hrs during crisis in the country:
i suffered so much on the high way shaa!
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by donez(m): 4:59am On Aug 20, 2013
adaobi123: Abuja to enugu.

A day and a half

London to Sunderland

7 hours

But I didn't drive though tongue
abuja to enugu a day n half? Na lie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria / Car Names Pronunciations. / Car With 3 Tyres Spotted In Sango Ogun State. Photos And Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.