Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,124 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? - Car Talk (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? (37022 Views)

What's The Oldest Car You've Driven / Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. / My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Fajzay: 12:10pm On Aug 26, 2013
steveec122: 210km/hr on Nigeria roads!!?please tell us the truth;how many hit and run killings have you done?

Its possible. Very very. Have got pals who call themselves 200+ king of the road. Meaning they do achieve over 200KM/hr going to the north regularly. The highest have don wiv my Benz S-class (V8) on Abuja road is 190km/hr even though it can still attain 260km/hr and I did a 195km/hr on my MDX driving along that Ife-Ilesha expressway en-route Akure
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by 18wheeler: 1:51pm On Aug 29, 2013
Trip: Jos to Maiduguri
Distance: 596 kilometers
Duration: 9 hours
Route: Jos-Bauchi-Darazo-Kari-Potiskum-Damaturu-Maiduguri

I left jos at 09:20 and arrived Maiduguri at 18:30. Had a brief stop in Bauchi to drop my 'in-laws' on their way to Gombe. Then what i dread most happened to me, I spent 2 hours in Damaturu due to military checkpoints. Refilled my tank at the NNPC station at the gate leaving Damaturu to Maiduguri. Been long since I drove for that long.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Gee2728(m): 9:48pm On Aug 30, 2013
Bro nice piece there, this ur 5hrs 12mins for over 700km was hell quick. From kaduna 2 maiduguri due to checkpoint and bad road sections it takes abt 8 to 9hrs.
dubezj:
I can competently answer your question:

There are speed limits on sections of the German Autobahn. However, some of these limits are time and traffic flow dependent. Sometimes, speed limits are imposed as a measure against noise pollution to neighbouring residential communites.

Also, kown accident prone spots are speed restricted, and are periodically radar trapped to catch violators. yours truly has lost his drivers license for 60 days and paid 370 Euros in fines.

As the Autobahn continues to be reconstructed and modernised, the information system has become electronic and online, so speed limits are mostly imposed or lifted based on the flow of traffic.

That said, a lage portion of the Autobahn continue to remain speed restriction free and a blessing to experienced speed warriors such as yours truly.

Munich - Hamburg, 795km in 5 hours and 12 minutes (at night) will make you feel like michael schumacher on steroids.

Note this, Audi, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Porsche and VW, will not build the vehicles we know them for today if the Autobahn did not exist.

2 Likes

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Gee2728(m): 9:52pm On Aug 30, 2013
Will love to invite u guys for a weekend in kaduna as soon as my pocket rest so I fit handle unna fuel and hotel accomodation. Till then..........
Uzzie:

me too o ... ph to....
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Gee2728(m): 9:55pm On Aug 30, 2013
Bro ur very ryt, there are sections of this kaduna to abuja expressway that I clock 220km/h on my W202 C230 kompressor.
Fajzay:

Its possible. Very very. Have got pals who call themselves 200+ king of the road. Meaning they do achieve over 200KM/hr going to the north regularly. The highest have don wiv my Benz S-class (V8) on Abuja road is 190km/hr even though it can still attain 260km/hr and I did a 195km/hr on my MDX driving along that Ife-Ilesha expressway en-route Akure
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Piyke: 11:21pm On Aug 30, 2013
I drove o. Initially, I did the journey in two segments, later when I mastered the act of pulling it off in one day, I did it as previously stated a good number of times.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 01, 2013
Sokoto to lagos. 2wks ago. In golf3. The journey is about 1000km or more. It took 16hr. Had to take the car for. General servicing upon getting to lagos.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by georgikpons: 12:20pm On Sep 09, 2013
Lagos to warri on my Nissan sunny, men the journey was sweet. took me 5hrs
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by KA24DETT(m): 1:47am On Sep 26, 2013
SniperInADiaper: California to Florida.. and then back..

angry

You can lie . California is a state and florida is a state. Be specific.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 28, 2013
720km Abia to Kaduna 10hours... route. abia- Enugu - benue- kogi- abuja- Kaduna.

810km Abia to Kaduna 12hours... route abia - owerri- onitsha- asaba- agbor- uromi- ewu- okene- abuja- Kaduna.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 28, 2013
Fajzay:

I beg you don't try this. the best I have done is 160km/hr between Abuja and Kaduna in Toyota sienna. Nigerian roads are not meant for this. its risky...

I know with Mercedes i can do 180km but what is my gain?
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by DeNelson: 11:09pm On Oct 08, 2015
Los Angeles to Dallas, 3,000 miles, 24 hours non stop each way.

Probably did about 6 of those trips.

I'd love to try something that tasking if the opportunity presents itself. Flooring the gas seems fun on such good roads stretching for miles on end smiley

DubezJ: "As the Autobahn continues to be reconstructed and modernised, the information system has become electronic and online, so speed limits are mostly imposed or lifted based on the flow of traffic.

That said, a lage portion of the Autobahn continue to remain speed restriction free and a blessing to experienced speed warriors such as yours truly.

Munich - Hamburg, 795km in 5 hours and 12 minutes (at night) will make you feel like michael schumacher on steroids.

Note this, Audi, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Porsche and VW, will not build the vehicles we know them for today if the Autobahn did not exist.
Love this!
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by FlyboyZee: 5:48pm On Oct 09, 2015
steveec122:
210km/hr on Nigeria roads!!?please tell us the truth;how many hit and run killings have you done?
I have done similar speed severally with different cars and on different Nigerian roads especially when these roads have just been opened after construction...
1. 2003 Honda Accord EX (EoD): Warri-Benin Road.
2. 2002 Acura TL Type S: Ore-Benin, Benin-Warri, Port Harcourt - Uyo, Port Harcourt - Owerri, Okigwe - Enugu.
3. 2006 Acura MDX: Abakiliki - Ikom - Obudu.
4. 2009 Honda Civic EX Coupé: Mbiama - Port Harcourt.
5. 2010 Honda Pilot Touring: East-West Road Mbiama (Rivers State) - Ughelli (Delta State) and Mbiama-Port Harcourt.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Pomare3: 1:41pm On Feb 29, 2016
Ojota to Iyana paja... 60mins
grin
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by bukiboy(m): 3:52pm On Apr 24, 2016
MY Latest Road Trip was on 27th March, 2016 from Miami International Airport to Lithonia Atlanta, GA and 1st April, 2016 from Atlanta, GA to Miami Beach, Florida.

The distance from the Avis Car Rental Stand at Miami Int. Airport to Lithonia Atlanta, GA is 670 Miles/1,079KM @ 70-90 mph/112-145 kph for 9hrs30mins and 673miles/1083KM from Atlanta, GA to Miami Beach @ 69-80mph 110-130kph for 9hrs50mins.

The journey was very interesting, good roads and you have eatery and gas stations at every 43miles/70km on the road with one resting area in between. no traffic camera on the major expressway but police are always on the road and could pull you over for overspeeding which is 70mph/112kph.

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by FEGEITOK: 11:41am On Apr 28, 2016
dioman:
Uyo - Katsina (16hrs.

Day 1 (12 hrs

Uyo - Ikot Ekpene - Umuhia(Abia State) - Enugu - Nsuka(Enugu state) - Otupo (Benue State) - Ekiti State - Ajakuta(Kogi State) Lokoja (Kogi State) - Abuja - Kaduna.

Day 2 (4hrs

Kaduna - Zaria - Funtua - kankia - Mani - Dutsema - Katsina.

Mazda 626.

How is this route today in 2016? is it safe to drive given the current state of insurgency in the country? Please advice
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by erico2k2(m): 10:38pm On Apr 28, 2016
here mine
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Ugosample(m): 5:59pm On Jul 08, 2016
This thread still dey?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria / Car Names Pronunciations. / Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.