Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

Why Didn't You Go Home For 2012 Yuletide? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Didn't You Go Home For 2012 Yuletide? (1059 Views)

Have You Achieved Your Goals For 2012? / New Update About Unilag Admission For 2012|20113 Is In Progress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Didn't You Go Home For 2012 Yuletide? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 04, 2013
PURPOSE OF THREAD:For nlanders to share what kept them from traveling home to celebrate Christmas.

BODY OF THREAD:Obviously,by 'home',i mean village,your place of origin...
It's a normal trend in Nigeria since 'God-knows-when',that Nigerians travel to their various places of origin/hometown to celebrate Christmas. For some reason,many(more than the previous years) didn't spend the vacation in their villages.Personally,only 4 out of 19 families in my clan showed up for the festive season(my family inclusive).

It might be as a result of inadequate finance,indifference to the festive season,fear of being kidnapped,robbed or bombed...or you just never go home for xmas.Kindly share/discuss your reason. Thankssmiley

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't You Go Home For 2012 Yuletide? by tpia5: 9:19pm On Jan 04, 2013
Why do you want to know?
Re: Why Didn't You Go Home For 2012 Yuletide? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jan 04, 2013
tpia@:
Why do you want to know?
Nothing personal...last time i checked,its a discussion forum...you think the topic isn't worth discussing?

2 Likes

Re: Why Didn't You Go Home For 2012 Yuletide? by tpia5: 12:32am On Jan 05, 2013
no, its not worth discussing if by doing so you're inviting all kinds of strange people in and compromising other people's security in the name of internet gossip.

whoever didnt come, didnt come, face your front and deal with it if its any of your concern.

its not everything you must know!

2 Likes

Re: Why Didn't You Go Home For 2012 Yuletide? by Mynd44: 1:43am On Jan 05, 2013
I complety agree with Tpia but some people might be interested sha
Re: Why Didn't You Go Home For 2012 Yuletide? by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 05, 2013
@tpia...how on earth will sharing one's reason for not going home,compromise his/her security? That u are reserved and recluse doesn't mean others are!...@mynd...dude,let the interested ones share.it's still a discussion forum
Re: Why Didn't You Go Home For 2012 Yuletide? by Mynd44: 8:54am On Jan 05, 2013
binger: @tpia...how on earth will sharing one's reason for not going home,compromise his/her security? That u are reserved and recluse doesn't mean others are!...@mynd...dude,let the interested ones share.it's still a discussion forum
I did say let those interested comment na
Re: Why Didn't You Go Home For 2012 Yuletide? by UjSizzle(f): 9:07am On Jan 05, 2013
I wasn't in the mood to travel, had people to see, wanted peace of mind away from the crowd i would have found in the village.
That's basically it.
Re: Why Didn't You Go Home For 2012 Yuletide? by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 05, 2013
Mynd_44:
I did say let those interested comment na
lol...no mind my curt tone.i knw u did.
Re: Why Didn't You Go Home For 2012 Yuletide? by Mynd44: 9:32am On Jan 05, 2013
uj_sizzle: I wasn't in the mood to travel, had people to see, wanted peace of mind away from the crowd i would have found in the village.
That's basically it.
Hmmmm
Re: Why Didn't You Go Home For 2012 Yuletide? by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 05, 2013
uj_sizzle: I wasn't in the mood to travel, had people to see, wanted peace of mind away from the crowd i would have found in the village.
That's basically it.
Interesting...'wasn't in the mood',but were u indifferent towards the festive season? #pardon my curiosity.
Re: Why Didn't You Go Home For 2012 Yuletide? by Crystallin(f): 3:27pm On Jan 05, 2013
Didn't travel to the villa for xmas cos my parents have issues with my relatives on this 'juju' thingy...they have refused to stop practising 'magic',thus we've severed all ties with them.
Re: Why Didn't You Go Home For 2012 Yuletide? by UjSizzle(f): 4:47pm On Jan 05, 2013
binger: Interesting...'wasn't in the mood',but were u indifferent towards the festive season? #pardon my curiosity.
didn't feel like Christmas sad

(1) (Reply)

What You Get When You Leave Home Without bosom-feeding Your Child (pics) / See The People You Are Changing Your DP For / So strange! Am I The Only Person Viewing This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.