Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,600 members, 7,801,735 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. (20640 Views)

Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants / Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here / What Is The Average Pay Of Chartered Accountants In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by landinfo: 3:51pm On Jan 18, 2013
Jus checked my result & i failed all the PE 1 papers.
I'm jus thinkin of how to succeed esp MA & FA cos the questions were harder than may 2012.
I have gone thru the past questions still no result.i know i will get it soon BUT i jus thinkin if i shld disregard past questions & face the pack OR shld i find textbks 4 MA & FA.
As 4 AAA & IT, i will study hard with the pack...i jus need advice on MA & FA.
I still thank GOD 4 everithin includin my failed result.
May 12-i had XX in all papers.
Nov 12-i had X in all papers.
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 18, 2013
Nairaland=info:
I'm jus thinkin of how to succeed esp MA & FA cos the questions were harder than may 2012.
I have gone thru the past questions still no result.i know i will get it soon BUT i jus thinkin if i shld disregard past questions & face the pack OR shld i find textbks 4 MA & FA.
it is well...where r u based
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by UnclePhilip(m): 7:40pm On Jan 18, 2013
Hello, l thank God for ur courage and faith. where do u base? this is my number, 08073036074,08037734188. pls and pls, dont neglect the pack and past questions. thanks
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 18, 2013
Pls Paulipopor where are you nad wat hav you to say to OP@Nairaland info post concerning this issue on MA and FA?
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Paulipopor: 9:54pm On Jan 18, 2013
@Nairaland=info, you've got the right attitude already. Just keep studying you'll get there. Go over the packs again. Do past questions and case study. Master it.
You'll smile soon.
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Paulipopor: 10:09pm On Jan 18, 2013
Onainor Samuel :
Pls Paulipopor where are you nad wat hav you to say to OP@Nairaland info post concerning this issue on MA and FA?
Bros, the truth is that there's no two way to go about passing ICAN. The only way to serious strategic studying. For FA, there's no single one material that cover the syllabus apart from the pack which by the way is not comprehensive enough. I've more than 5 text for FA plus photocopies of other materials. This is not to scare you. You're training to be a professional, you're not a professional when you qualify but when you start preparing. You must read and re-read your school books and every other FA materials. Focus more on the IFRS. For MA, this is actually easier* than FA, it's a pattern and formulas. Master each topic to the best of your knowledge. There're regular area that will come out every diet. E.g capital budgeting.
I'll also recommend that he attend lectures, this will help you a great deal.
Pray too. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Audinowing(m): 2:57am On Jan 19, 2013
Pls help a brother. I just scaled through pe 1 after writing the exams 3 times and this is seriously telling on me financially because am not working presently and the zeal of having Ican is what is pushing me till now. I sincerely seek the assistance of any one who can help me with pe 2 materials. I will surely return them after use. My contact is 08068382141. God bless you as you do this for me. Thank you.
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 19, 2013
Paulipopor:
Bros, the truth is that there's no two way to go about passing ICAN. The only way to serious strategic studying. For FA, there's no single one material that cover the syllabus apart from the pack which by the way is not comprehensive enough. I've more than 5 text for FA plus photocopies of other materials. This is not to scare you. You're training to be a professional, you're not a professional when you qualify but when you start preparing. You must read and re-read your school books and every other FA materials. Focus more on the IFRS. For MA, this is actually easier* than FA, it's a pattern and formulas. Master each topic to the best of your knowledge. There're regular area that will come out every diet. E.g capital budgeting.
I'll also recommend that he attend lectures, this will help you a great deal.
Pray too. Cheers!

Thank you very much.
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by UnclePhilip(m): 2:26pm On Jan 19, 2013
THIS IS A GREAT TESTIMONY !!! This is 2 encourage those who are being discouraged by recently releasd ican results. l thk God 4 helping me, though l have a paper left 2 be qualified. l read bus adm and i nevr rceivd lectures . so, b courageous!!
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 19, 2013
Nairaland=info:

I will advice you to follow this step;

-Now that you are familiar with the topics in the Ma and Fa.. Just get a 10years diet past question! Practice and solve question as much as possible! Atleast cover the question booklet 5times cycle before the Exam. And the right time to start preparing is NOW!!!

- and in course of your Question solving... Make sure you understand the topic and what is expected... If not go back to your studypack or textbook and read all over again and thereafter go back to the question.

- There might be some topics of which you are uncomfortable with esp on FA. Seek assistant.

-And invest in books! I still beilieve Wyse and Safe have a good collection of books that can be of a great help! When I was preparing for my Exam then, I will consult almost 3-4 books on a topic and along the line... I will definely be exposed to all what is required...and belive me...it helps because I never attend a lecture for my Ican prog and still I am not an Accounting graduate..and today I am an ACA.

-And finally.. Before you obtain the Exam form! Ask yrself the golden question--- How well have I prepare for this Exam! Do I understand what is expected of me in terms of topic objectives and the question I have attempted. How fair is my answer to the examiner answer. If your respond is favourable.. Then obtain the form but if NO... Pls and pls postpone the exam till next diet? You will do yourself much good by attempting the exam when you are fully ready than by beliveing in element of luck! The psyche of failling is very demaging and demoralising, therefore, alwys assess and reassess yourself very well and practice most question in an 3hours exam time

-lastly... Be closed to your God and have the right mindset.

1 Like

Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 19, 2013
TEXZLEM:

I will advice you to follow this step;

-Now that you are familiar with the topics in the Ma and Fa.. Just get a 10years diet past question! Practice and solve question as much as possible! Atleast cover the question booklet 5times cycle before the Exam. And the right time to start preparing is NOW!!!

- and in course of your Question solving... Make sure you understand the topic and what is expected... If not go back to your studypack or textbook and read all over again and thereafter go back to the question.

- There might be some topics of which you are uncomfortable with esp on FA. Seek assistant.

-And invest in books! I still beilieve Wyse and Safe have a good collection of books that can be of a great help! When I was preparing for my Exam then, I will consult almost 3-4 books on a topic and along the line... I will definely be exposed to all what is required...and belive me...it helps because I never attend a lecture for my Ican prog and still I am not an Accounting graduate..and today I am an ACA.

-And finally.. Before you obtain the Exam form! Ask yrself the golden question--- How well have I prepare for this Exam! Do I understand what is expected of me in terms of topic objectives and the question I have attempted. How fair is my answer to the examiner answer. If your respond is favourable.. Then obtain the form but if NO... Pls and pls postpone the exam till next diet? You will do yourself much good by attempting the exam when you are fully ready than by beliveing in element of luck! The psyche of failling is very demaging and demoralising, therefore, alwys assess and reassess yourself very well and practice most question in an 3hours exam time

-lastly... Be closed to your God and have the right mindset.

This is quite an insightful tips... For all i have gathered on this thread, i can now say that one needs access to relevant and necessary study materials.

Pls forward an email to; supernkem@yahoo.com lets talk somthings out.

Thank you.
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by landinfo: 12:06am On Jan 20, 2013
@ all
i truli really appreciate ur sincere advice.
I will do as suggested 4rm what u all have said.
GOD BLESS & THANKZ
How can i get to print ANSWERs to PAST QUESTIONS?
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Jprime: 7:56pm On Jan 20, 2013
@ op, pls how do i get 2 knw an accredited ICAN sch?. Tanks
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by coronaprof(m): 7:10pm On Jan 27, 2013
Onainor Samuel :

I kno it's possible if u ar determined no matter wat u studied.
Your interest in the profession wil be made manifest as i believe the answers you need wil arrive shortly..

Meet you at d top....
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by EmmyBen14(m): 7:22am On Jan 28, 2013
Pls am an acounting graduate hoping for batch A nysc which comes up march by God's grace. I want to seat for a professional exams but i don't know which of ican or icca to go for. Pls advice me stating the merit one may have over the other and i also want to know how much could someone have to start preparing. Regarding the exams, i believe in my self n God that i will make it.
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Paulipopor: 7:30am On Jan 28, 2013
@EmmyBen check previous pages this your request has been handled. And its acca not icca.
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by EmmyBen14(m): 7:43am On Jan 28, 2013
Thank u, i will check as u have said but pls may i know how much is the entry requirement and how much it could entails base on ur estimate pls?
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Paulipopor: 9:11am On Jan 28, 2013
registration is #7,300
exemption is #49,700
exams (PE1) #39,240
development levy #4,000
subscription #4,000.
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 03, 2013
I really do appreciate paulipopor and unclephilip for their support. God bless you both real good.to my colleagues,hope the reading has started in earnest?the good God will see us through.
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Nobody: 8:16am On Feb 04, 2013
BJ88: I really do appreciate paulipopor and unclephilip for their support. God bless you both real good.to my colleagues,hope the reading has started in earnest?the good God will see us through.

Amen..
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Jprime: 2:05pm On Feb 16, 2013
Pls can anyone help me with ICAN PE1 past questions
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Ahasco(m): 8:49am On May 05, 2013
Paulipopor: I'll entertain further questions
or visit www.ican-ngr.org

Which ICAN centre would you recommend as the best?
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Paulipopor: 4:11pm On May 05, 2013
Ahasco:

Which ICAN centre would you recommend as the best?
ICAN centre how? Tuition house or exam centre? Exam centres are in alomost all the states. Just choose the one close to you. As for tuition houses, I cannot categorically tell you one, but I'll advice you check ICAN website for accredited centres.

I believe this is useful.

1 Like

Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 12, 2013
Pls what are d courses am expected to write in PE 2
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Kosigift(f): 8:14am On May 13, 2013
Pinopinoguy: Pls what are d courses am expected to write in PE 2
u are expected to write 4 courses In PE2
1) Advanced taxation (ATAX)
2) Financial Reporting and Ethics (FRE)
3) Strategic Financial Management (SFM)
4) Public Sector Accounting and Finance (PSAF)
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by iamolubunmi: 4:29pm On May 14, 2013
I am a graduate of zoology...i have not served..Do I need my NYSC certificate to register and take my foundation exam?
What are the credentials needed for me to register.
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Paulipopor: 4:48pm On May 14, 2013
iamolubunmi: I am a graduate of zoology...i have not served..Do I need my NYSC certificate to register and take my foundation exam?
What are the credentials needed for me to register.
Your statement of results will do.
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by iamolubunmi: 5:08pm On May 14, 2013
Paulipopor:
Your statement of results will do.
My transcript u mean?
I'm asking this question because i walked into a tutorial centre and i was told my NYSC certificate is important.... Pls i need detailed requirements list.. I dont want to waste 7k pls
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Paulipopor: 6:06pm On May 14, 2013
iamolubunmi:
My transcript u mean?
I'm asking this question because i walked into a tutorial centre and i was told my NYSC certificate is important.... Pls i need detailed requirements list.. I dont want to waste 7k pls
You can use your school result or transcript or call up letter. Anyone will do. Your money will not be wasted whichever way.
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 14, 2013
Lets take PE 1 for eg,will one has to pay all d whole money again in case d person happened to fail one course,if no,hw much is d person expected to pay.tnx
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Paulipopor: 7:45pm On May 14, 2013
Pinopinoguy: Lets take PE 1 for eg,will one has to pay all d whole money again in case d person happened to fail one course,if no,hw much is d person expected to pay.tnx
One has to pay only for the papers failed. You'll need to check their website for the latest subjects cost.
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by iamolubunmi: 10:44am On May 15, 2013
Paulipopor:
You can use your school result or transcript or call up letter. Anyone will do. Your money will not be wasted whichever way.
Thanks alot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Meet A Female Mechanic Who Assembles 'Keke Napep' Parts From Scratch In Anambra / Nine Directors Fail Re-sit Exam For Four Perm Sec Seats / Nine Things Nigerian Bankers Hate About Their Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.