Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Jane Austen - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jane Austen (1152 Views)

Jane's Memoirs. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jane Austen by SeanT21(f): 5:54pm On Feb 23, 2008
Whats your favorite Jane Austen book?

Mine is Pride and Prejudice, love the book and the movie
Re: Jane Austen by stranger26(f): 6:10pm On Feb 24, 2008
Yeah, I love Pride and Prejudice! Read it several times. I think Emma's very good too; I'd say Pride and Prejudice and Emma are her best two books. At least those two are my favourite. Followed by Sense and Sensibility. The other three books are good too but not on the same level as these three.

NorthAnger Abbey is pretty satirical; Mansfield Park is slow and, even though I completely empathize with Fanny, she eventually becomes frustrating because she's just toooooo timid; Persuasion is Okay-ish. I remember that the one I had included the two possible endings that Jane Austen wrote. I didn't like how her dad ended up marrying the nanny or whatever that odious woman was.
Re: Jane Austen by SeanT21(f): 10:05pm On Feb 25, 2008
i havent read the others. I will try too.
Re: Jane Austen by chiogo(f): 10:05pm On Feb 25, 2008
Actually, pride and prejudice is her only book i ever read. It'z a really good book.
Re: Jane Austen by Sharn06: 10:23pm On Feb 25, 2008
Pride & Prejudice
Sense & Sensibility
Emma

I lurved 'em three
Re: Jane Austen by eldee(m): 6:59pm On Feb 28, 2008
She's actually a fascinating writer, if for nothin else but the fact that she never married, she definitely has a way of making that era look so interesting.

Also, like in 'The rivals', she never got scared of exploring the different social classes of that period, i heard that stunt was dangerous in her time.
Re: Jane Austen by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 09, 2008
Pride and prejudice is the only book I've read undecided. Don't know about others smiley
Re: Jane Austen by tpiar: 5:00pm On Jan 30, 2016
Sense and Sensibility was also good but Pride and Prejudice remains her best work imo.

(1) (Reply)

An Open Invitation / Ovonramwen Nogbaisi And God's Are Not Blame Needed / How We Missed That Flight...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.