Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

A Fresh Graduate Got A Job As A House Help Instead Of A School Manager - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Fresh Graduate Got A Job As A House Help Instead Of A School Manager (903 Views)

I Got A Job - Here's My Testimony / I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month / Got A Job As DSA, Do Or Dont? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Fresh Graduate Got A Job As A House Help Instead Of A School Manager by kismo(m): 7:01pm On Jan 04, 2013
Please nairalanders, I got a job of a house help in Lagos for 15k/month. Her excuse was that I came late that was why I lose the school job she promised me. The woman promised to get me a better job when she's given a slot at her place of work. What I still don't understand is why she is offering me this despite her "connections". My question now is, Should I go for the job while I look out for better opportunities since she wouldn't stop me from attending interviews when I have to? Better still, should I establish a lubricant oil (engine oil) business with my N.Y.S.C savings of 100k since I have idea on it; though my fear is how I will be able to manage or get a manager should I secure a job soonest? I also read about importation business on this forum. I NEED YOUR CANDID ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO AS I HAVE JUST TODAY AND TOMORROW TO DECIDE, PLEASE. I may not be able to respond to any post immediately because I browse with my phone(Nokia 2700). But I wouldn't mind any other business idea aside the ones outlined here. You can send it to contactnegro@yahoo.com. Thank you so much for your contribution(s).
Re: A Fresh Graduate Got A Job As A House Help Instead Of A School Manager by Gorimakpa(m): 7:39pm On Jan 04, 2013
This is very sad. Very very sad. So things are so bad now that a whole graduate would be doing househelp for N15k a month. I advise you use your savings to do petty business for now while searching for another job.

Meanwhile, how did you manage to save N100k from your NYSC year? With the small alawee. I assume you are a female, only females can save like that, since they would enjoy a lot of free food, awoof and other things from toasters and all that.
Re: A Fresh Graduate Got A Job As A House Help Instead Of A School Manager by kismo(m): 10:05pm On Jan 04, 2013
@Gorimakpa, I appreciate your contribution. Mind you I'm not a female but a male. It's my Z.I who encouraged me(us) to cultivate the habit of savings. I used to save 10k/month out of #23,700(19,700+4k state alawi).
Re: A Fresh Graduate Got A Job As A House Help Instead Of A School Manager by Jutresbien: 11:20pm On Jan 04, 2013
15k? House help? Graduate? Those three words have no business being in the same sentence. Sure u'll make more money doing ur own thing. It's even worse that u're not female.
Re: A Fresh Graduate Got A Job As A House Help Instead Of A School Manager by mkoabiola: 11:52pm On Jan 04, 2013
U either sit@home doing noting or do u eat as service to humanity for free.
What rubbish 15k !,a graduate?
5yrs to come ,I wonder wat nja graduates will turn to?God de.
Re: A Fresh Graduate Got A Job As A House Help Instead Of A School Manager by didicold(f): 7:11am On Jan 05, 2013
@poster, if u really need the money den do d job if u think u can supress ur pride, if not itz better for u not to start @all den leave d workplace angrily, u might still need d womanz connections later.
@gorimakpa , i shake my head sometimes wen i hear a guy express d views u just did.i am female ,just finished serving.i bought a laptop 40k and ran a course 30k and also bought clothes nd d likes during my service year,and i still sent money to my mom,even if it was peanuts and thru it all,no son of adam contributed a naira,it was all govt allowee and my employer's stipend dat did for me. D point i am trying to make is y shld u assume d poster was able to save coz he was a woman,probly good savings culture.many guys like u spent dier nysc trying to impress female corpers like demselves and spent all dier money doin it. Try to shake off that females get free stuff mindset, u might lose a selfmade woman by assuming dis and dat from her boss or male friends
@poster whatever u decide wish u all d best 2013 has to offer.

Smh, see how i write epistle of paul, ejo ni mo fe to sha
Re: A Fresh Graduate Got A Job As A House Help Instead Of A School Manager by ifyalways(f): 8:00am On Jan 05, 2013
@OP, so why the need to put your email address here?you are inviting scammers to help you chop that your 100K abi?is it not same internet that you'll use to check your mail that you'll still use to check nld?why won't anyone with a genuine advice or biz deal spill here as opposed to secret deal.

God knows I'll only LOL and dance azonto on ALL "help, I was scammed by nairalander XYZ" thread i bump into this year.
Re: A Fresh Graduate Got A Job As A House Help Instead Of A School Manager by ifyalways(f): 8:09am On Jan 05, 2013
@topic, are you business savy?we all can't be entrepreneurs. That's the first thing you'll ask yourself.

Does the househelp job come with accomodation and would you have enough time to continue job hunting from there?

Scenario 1:
You reject this offer. Keep job hunting. Your saved 100K would reduce to 50K after 3 months.
Scenario 2:
You reject this offer, keep job hunting and get something good within 2 months.
Scenario 3:
You dabble into oil biz and do well.
Scenario 4:
Go into oil or any other biz, lose your money.
Scenario 5:
Take the househelp job. Free food, save 10K each month, keep on job hunting from there.

Your decision to make.
All the best.
Re: A Fresh Graduate Got A Job As A House Help Instead Of A School Manager by kismo(m): 9:02am On Jan 05, 2013
@Jutresbien, thanks a million. @mko abiola, I got confused when I heard it. @Chidicold, not that I'm despirately in need of money. At least I still have 100k plus in my account. I just wanted to start something so that I will not empty my account in no time. But the offer I got was far below my expectation and standard. @ifyalways, I thought about that. I believe there are still good people on this forum with good intention. There is free meal and accommodation. I will think over all your suggestions and pick the appropriate one. Thanks anyway.
I APPRECIATE ALL THE CONTRIBUTORS SO FAR.
Re: A Fresh Graduate Got A Job As A House Help Instead Of A School Manager by kismo(m): 9:10am On Jan 05, 2013
@ifyalways, I think there will be enough time for job search, as she promised not to stop me should I have an interview to attend. My worries are the nature of the job and its pay.

(1) (Reply)

Uba Test Date, Ibadan / Interim Jobs For ASUU Affected Students / Cloverleaf Shipping Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.