Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

ATM Machine Paid Fake Note - Business To Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / ATM Machine Paid Fake Note (1839 Views)

How To Accept Online Payment (ATM Cards) on Your Website! / How To Start Importation From Abroad Using Your Atm With Just #3600 / conversion of recharge cards glo/mtn to naira cash and withdraw from atm machine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ATM Machine Paid Fake Note by homody(m): 10:00pm On Jan 04, 2013
Moderator, I will be glad if this can be in front page.

I can’t believe what happened today at first bank Ibafo branch along Lagos - Ibadan express way, I withdrew some money from the ATM I can’t just believe there was a fake note from the money I withdrew from the machine, I went straight to the bank to lodge a complain, I was told they can’t do anything about it, I will like to know if anybody experienced such before because I’m still surprise.
Re: ATM Machine Paid Fake Note by Odunnu: 10:10pm On Jan 04, 2013
homody: Moderator, I will be glad if this can be in front page.

I can’t believe what happened today at first bank Ibafo branch along Lagos - Ibadan express way, I withdrew some money from the ATM I can’t just believe there was a fake note from the money I withdrew from the machine, I went straight to the bank to lodge a complain, I was told they can’t do anything about it, I will like to know if anybody experienced such before because I’m still surprise.
Same thing happened to me when we still had Intercontinental Bank. I used my GTBank card on an Intercontinental ATM to withdraw N10k. Two of the N1,000 notes were fake! Too bad it was a Sunday. I talked to the security guy I saw there but what could he do?
Re: ATM Machine Paid Fake Note by opo22: 10:39pm On Jan 04, 2013
i work in one of the oil depots along ibafo, after capital oil ltd. Yesterday this guy wanted to pay some union dues and one of the N500!00 notes is a fake. The guy claimed he got the money from ATM. The same happened last week. What is our ATM. Becoming. Cant Nigerians ever be straightforward.
Re: ATM Machine Paid Fake Note by iamtheprincipal: 11:51pm On Jan 04, 2013
I have not experienced this 'fake' note(s) payment before but I'm of the opinion that someone intentionally planted these 'fake' notes in those ATM machines being fully aware that there is no way out of it after the cash has been dispenced.

This is how far some persons can go to making money.

@OP, I'd suggest that you take this matter up to the bank's brance manager's attention. It's important that you do this in a bid to forestall subsequent happenings.
Re: ATM Machine Paid Fake Note by iamtheprincipal: 12:01am On Jan 05, 2013
I have not experienced this 'fake' note(s) payment before but I'm of the opinion that someone intentionally planted these 'fake' notes in those ATM machines being fully aware that there is no way out of it after the cash has been dispenced.

This is how far some persons can go to making money.

@OP, I'd suggest that you take this matter up to the bank's brance manager's attention. It's important that you do this in a bid to forestall subsequent happenings...¡¡¡
Re: ATM Machine Paid Fake Note by Mynd44: 1:49am On Jan 05, 2013
I have no experience in this but if it is true then something has to be done ooo
Re: ATM Machine Paid Fake Note by kaysy(m): 12:12pm On Jan 05, 2013
This is the effect of asking banks to stop the N100 ATM Charge from other bank cards, they should have reduced the charge other than cancelling it (by the way N100 isn't too much of a charge for other bank cards). If you guys know the stress experienced by the ATM custodian of every bank, you'll agree there should be a justification for that stress which is your N100. Now the system has become withdraw once and pay for nine others (with the issuance of a fake note)
Re: ATM Machine Paid Fake Note by greatgod2012(f): 1:44pm On Jan 05, 2013
I also have experienced it, it was a #1000 note, thank God it was on a working day and that im a well known customer there, immediately i saw d fake currency, i quickly went back and they apologise to me and changed d currency for me, one of them was even trying to ask me some silly question, but others shut him up, they even appealled that i should not publicise it. I replied that, so far you have changed it, no problem, but your refusal to change d currency will attract a very wide publicity.
It was a very funny experience...i tell you.
Re: ATM Machine Paid Fake Note by gen2briz(m): 5:43pm On Jan 05, 2013
Naija I hail ooo *removing cap from head*
Re: ATM Machine Paid Fake Note by Odunnu: 7:05pm On Jan 05, 2013
kaysy: This is the effect of asking banks to stop the N100 ATM Charge from other bank cards, they should have reduced the charge other than cancelling it (by the way N100 isn't too much of a charge for other bank cards). If you guys know the stress experienced by the ATM custodian of every bank, you'll agree there should be a justification for that stress which is your N100. Now the system has become withdraw once and pay for nine others (with the issuance of a fake note)
Mine happened long long before the N100 withdrawal
Re: ATM Machine Paid Fake Note by CrazyMan(m): 7:30pm On Jan 05, 2013
What is our banking sector turning into?

I thought they used to scan those note under a pink or purple fluorescent lamp thoroughly before accepting them. What made them stop?

Or has the mass sacking in the banking sector affected the staffs on ground?

Leaving very few hands for great tasks....hence making it very impossible for them to confirm the authenticity of Naira notes before accepting?
Re: ATM Machine Paid Fake Note by JimloveTM(m): 11:44pm On Jan 05, 2013
Front page this Pls..
Nigerians should be aware of these So they can lodge complains here.
Re: ATM Machine Paid Fake Note by Rocktation(f): 1:09am On Jan 06, 2013
CrazyMan: What is our banking sector turning into?

I thought they used to scan those note under a pink or purple fluorescent lamp thoroughly before accepting them. What made them stop?

Or has the mass sacking in the banking sector affected the staffs on ground?

Leaving very few hands for great tasks....hence making it very impossible for them to confirm the authenticity of Naira notes before accepting?

Which few hands? Even if manpower's quadrupled, cases of such criminalism will still be reported. Their staff should constantly be made subject to intense scrutiny, as overall, they've had a long history of turning very dubious, at the slightest opportunity. From removing two, three money notes from a bundle, to deducting a single kobo each, from all customers' balances, to making arrangements with robbers to waylay and steal from customers...I'd be lying if I told you that I'm amazed at this new direction of thievery.
Re: ATM Machine Paid Fake Note by iykeboyy(m): 10:49pm On Jan 06, 2013
i tire 4 9ja, it is almost becoming normal, the other day a man bought goods worth 80k i never knew that 2k out of the money was fake. When i called the man with the number he wrote in our invoice he sworn to me that he just withdrew the money from the bank. Na so i take loose 2k

but waito o am i the 14th person to com*nt?
Re: ATM Machine Paid Fake Note by homody(m): 3:20pm On Jan 09, 2013
Na only God can safe us for this Naija o, I believe this fake note of a thing na inn house thing,someone deliberately put those fake note inside the machine, na big fraud be this one. if care is not taking na ordinary paper ATM go dey dispense paper.
Re: ATM Machine Paid Fake Note by Icocop101(m): 9:28pm On Jan 10, 2013
This has not happened to mé before and i pray it doesn't,coz if it does;i'll make sure i go home with the ATM Machine. L.O.L!!!!!
Re: ATM Machine Paid Fake Note by Odunnu: 8:44am On Jan 11, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: ATM Machine Paid Fake Note by busyowo(m): 3:00pm On Sep 09, 2014
I had same experience in GTBank Itire road surulere today. The fake note was discovered at PHCN office while paying my bill. The PHCN officer had to perforate the note and returned it to me. I knew the bank will deny it if I took it back there, but I never bothered.
This fraud is becoming rampant and more publicity is needed so the banks can investigate this act.

(1) (Reply)

Discover How To Get A Laptop For N4000 Here In Nigeria / How To Recieve Your Payment Here In Nigeria From Your Online Business / Order Your Affordable Wholesale Dresses From UK And Turkey At Www.caracata.com!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.