Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? (58597 Views)

Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? / Check Out This Romantic Picture Of A Caring Boyfriend / When A Girl Is Saying No But Her Actions Is Saying Yes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by eby35(m): 7:21pm On Jan 14, 2013
it z a normal statement.
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by joshua8862(m): 8:52pm On Jan 14, 2013
dmcdad: I think it shows a bit of care if not to a great extent... Have you eaten it? is more of a personal question. It doesn't necessarily mean love, but it shows or rather it's a sign of care and concern for the welfare of the person. Personally, I can't go as far as asking someone if he/she has eaten if the person is not dear to me in one way or the other....

So, I think it's a sign of care and concern for the welfare of the person...
i agree wit u because my woman use to ask me dsame question too n i think it feels gd to knw dat someone hv u in mind.
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by tunnlex(m): 10:11pm On Jan 14, 2013
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by femijck(m): 10:27pm On Jan 14, 2013
Personally i hate dat question especially when it comes to d 'wat did u ate aspect' it sounds irritating to me buh i can't just tell her to stop askn me dat questn,bcoz she bliefs dats d only way to show she cares ...since we ar far apart now..im in sku why she works in diff state.. and i can't help buh to ask ha dat same questn also. And smtyms i wil lie to ha dat av eatn jez to let me av ma rest. Buh it shows som element of care anyway because of d reactn anytime i say NO
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by Nobody: 12:17am On Jan 15, 2013
All these topics that make frontpage sef. Nawa o
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by flawless911(m): 1:09am On Jan 15, 2013
nl.official:

At least you're being positive. The opposite would have been Gaye! cheesy

LMAO...U need help
Almost fell outta bed
cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by shilling(f): 2:34am On Jan 15, 2013
Never asked that question before...gonna start asking him cos I think it's cute.
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by Diamaten(f): 6:13am On Jan 15, 2013
Sometimes i do find it annoying...so i just reply

Do you want to feed me?

But sometimes it is an act of caring
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by Habeebpain(m): 8:22am On Jan 15, 2013
@Preshuzpearl. It may sound like a stupid question to you, but personally I think it shows that the individual cares enough to know if you've eaten or not. It may also be a form of conversation starter, but some girls are spoilt silly; when you call them, they just keep giving you one word answers. They say they're busy and wouldn't call back to tell you when they're less busy. Below is a typical conversation between a girl and a boy:

Boy: Hey! Hello! What's up with you?
Girl: Fine. You?
Boy: I'm alright, just got home not too long ago. Traffic was horrible. Starving right now.
Girl:Okay.
Boy: So, how did your day go? Anything out of the ordinary?
Girl: No.
Boy: Have you eaten?
Girl: Yes.
Boy: What did you eat? Might help me decide what I want to eat.
Girl: Rice.
Boy: Hmmnnnn!!! Yummy.
Girl: Can you call me back? Kinda busy.
Boy: Alright. Take care of yourself. Talk to you later.

Boy waits for 1hr, 2 hrs. Calls and she doesn't pick up. Falls asleep and doesn't hear a word from her till the next time he calls. If the guy is crazy like me, he wouldn't call for like a week and when he does, she says "why didn't I hear from you?". And you're like WTF?

NB: note that in the conversation, the guy tries to make the conversation interesting but the girl's stupidity takes over her and she replies with one word answers. Like seriously?
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by PHCWhiteBoi: 11:08am On Jan 15, 2013
Beneff,
Thats a good question.
In my experience, it is a polite gesture, a cultural thing.
In Indonesia, after people greet each other they often say "sudah makan" which means have you eaten?
Of course they have been through some rough times in that country so asking somebody if they have eaten may well be a custom which stems back to those hard times when eating really was considered a privillige. Its always nice to be concerned about another person and asking if they have eaten shows you care. It is also a nice way to start a conversation as previously stated by other members.

PEACE,
WB
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by KINGwax(m): 12:31pm On Jan 15, 2013
k2039: It's a default questions with a default answer.

It has nothing to do with care.

Just like asking how are you, which doesn't necessarilly mean I care, just a form of greeting and conversation starter.

How are you? Fine.

Have you eaten? Yes
What did you eat?........

Have you eaten? No.
Get something to eat? .......
absolute nansense! U dnt really av to ask if u dnt give u fucck. Besides, wot is default in somthin dt has two types of variabes?
Probably, another default statement shld b,'who cares if u havent eaten'?
My frnd, it has evrtn to wit care.
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by slevin1(m): 4:44pm On Jan 15, 2013
I tink ppl dat do ask dat question do so cos dey kinda lack hw to start a gud conversation. So they start with-
Q- Hw re u?.
R- Fine

Q- Hw ws ur day?
R- It ws ok.

Q- Hv u eaten?
R- yes/no

Next tin is "ok" or "are u nt hungry", "find sumtin to eat nw". It's nw a basis of conversation foundation. Abeg no mind me, I no even knw if d english dey ryt.

My point is, monitor ur calls in a day and find out hw many of them didn't start wit d example above. It's nw viral.
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by k2039: 5:57pm On Jan 17, 2013
KINGwax: absolute nansense! U dnt really av to ask if u dnt give u fucck. Besides, wot is default in somthin dt has two types of variabes?
Probably, another default statement shld b,'who cares if u havent eaten'?
My frnd, it has evrtn to wit care.
Ok Sir.
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by UjSizzle(f): 6:12pm On Jan 17, 2013
Most often than not it's used to fill in a lapse in conversation, while other times it's a show of concern for one's well being.
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by KINGwax(m): 7:01pm On Jan 17, 2013
k2039: Ok Sir.
dnt 'ok' me son! tongue
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by k2039: 7:11pm On Jan 17, 2013
KINGwax: dnt 'ok' me son! tongue
gringringringringringringrin
For your mind.
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by KINGwax(m): 10:24pm On Jan 17, 2013
k2039: gringringringringringringrin
For your mind.
grin
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by Andybaby: 9:37am On Jan 18, 2013
no, becos if i am not eating it is either because i am not hungry or i am fasting. so i don't see it as caring.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady About To Marry An Uber Driver She 'Toasted' After He picked her / List Of Things Sex Doll Cannot Do By Nigerian Lady / What She Got As Christmas Gift From Him - Pictured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.