Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 (11415 Views)

Can GEJ Still Revive This Or Will GMB? (PIX) / Can Gej Dress Like This? 8) / Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 by anulaxad(m): 5:15pm On Jan 07, 2013
Stop.YES HE WILL WIN IF HE WANTS TO CONTEST FOR THE ELECTIONS.BLOODY HELL angry angry angry angry
Re: Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 07, 2013
aribisala0: Many of us were scandalized in 2011 when Northerners claimed GEJ should step down for another Northerner. To our mind He did not kill Yar'adua and his demise was just destiny. We reasoned that we must accept that and all rallied around GEJ. In 2015 what will determine our votes will be his performance. My thinking is this; If he is doing so well why the anxiety?? Nigerians will never vote out a PERFORMER !!

You again
Re: Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jan 07, 2013
omenka: If the opposition parties set aside greed and do their homework properly Jonathan wouldn't stand a chance of winning a beetle's asss!

A very big IF. GEJ knows that the opposition parties will never set aside greed and personal ambition, so GEJ is still the favourite. He has the power of incumbency and lots of money to spend to bribe people. Buhari and Tinubu set aside greed and personal ambition?

Lets see how that will happen!
Re: Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 by andyzoga: 5:19pm On Jan 07, 2013
From d poll here, it simply shows that Nigerians are disappointed in GEJ.
No visible achievement in the life of a common man on d street.
Re: Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 07, 2013
Go an match all the recorded tapes and speeches were he promised heaven and actual performance.I hope the opposition can come up with somebody that is credible.

All his speeches are always lies.
Re: Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 by aribisala0(m): 5:21pm On Jan 07, 2013
olas2u:

My father again
Do i know it ??
Re: Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 07, 2013
aribisala0: Do i know it ??

You no get work ni?na make you dey praise Gej for peanuts
Re: Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 by sharubutu(m): 5:27pm On Jan 07, 2013
Sorry to ask OP, which election are u talking of? PDP primaries or 2015 general election? Until this question is answered, I comment my reserve. abi?

1 Like

Re: Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 by Cusubaba(m): 5:33pm On Jan 07, 2013
Eko Ile: Whatever happened to the so called ibo presidency in 2015.
Small mind like u will die young because of Igbo's. I.D.I.O.T

2 Likes

Re: Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 by aribisala0(m): 5:34pm On Jan 07, 2013
olas2u:

You no get work ni?na make you dey praise Gej for peanuts
Praise GEJ You are an illiterate,obviously as I have no reason to praise him and want him out. Even if I praise him that is my right and no reason for you to insult anyone. Clearly you just wasted your parents money spent on attempting to school you DUNCE!!
Re: Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 by ojinku(m): 5:34pm On Jan 07, 2013
Why not. If after all said and done Obama won. Why not GEJ
Re: Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 by Gbawe: 5:40pm On Jan 07, 2013
It is pointless for anyone on either side of the argument to be getting emotional. Let GEJ clinch the PDP ticket first. Nigerians are just way too emotional to ever view things critically and dispassionately for the sake of discerning what is feasible.

Democracy remain a game of numbers. Let GEJ begin with winning the PDP Primaries.

People forget the PDP has a very large amount of Northern members as voting delegates. Many conditions came together to ensure GEJ had the support of Northern PDP delegate in 2011. Things have changed appreciably in that regards.
Some of the Northern Governors who delivered the delegates that defeated Atiku were first term Governors, back then, who were nursing Presidential ambitions. What Yuguda, Aliyu, Lamido et al did they did for themselves not GEJ. 2015, their term finishes. GEJ will have wracked up far more enemies, determined to work against him, than those even using Boko Haram to fight his Government because he led many to assist his ambition on a bogus 'one term' pledge he will have reneged on by running. that is only one angle of things.

He may certainly not do as well winning SW PDP delegates over as was the case last time if OBJ is working for a Northern candidate in 2015 whereas he was working for GEJ in 2011.

Where Alao-Akala and Gbenga daniel delivered delegates for GEJ, those men are not governors anymore and PDP delegates from those states don't have any Governor to malevolenty browbeat or threaten them. Without GEJ-friendly Governors, as was the case with Alao-Akala and OGD, nothing stops delegate from Oyo and Ogun from voting for GEJ's competitor.

GEJ will not have the support of some from the SW who helped him last time because they resented the "born to rule" bullying some Northerners deployed against "meek, humble and God-annointed" GEJ. That goodwill is gone now because no one regards GEJ as meek or humble anymore and it is PDP SW chapter always complaining that GEJ has 'marginalised' them.

There are many other permutations to consider. Let GEJ win the Primaries first. There is no need for anyone to be shedding blood before that. You cannot will GEJ to win simply because he is your kinsman or because you think "aboki" must never lead Nigeria when "Aboki" factually produces a large percentage of Nigerians in politics and even in the PDP itself. A reasonable person, accepting of the fact that numbers count in voting processes, will understand that GEJ will have it much tougher this time with even Northern moderates alienated entirely. It may not be enough , this time around, to commit another round of massive subsidy fraud to bribe everyone/everything on board.

7 Likes

Re: Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 by sharubutu(m): 5:43pm On Jan 07, 2013
Is this the same GEJ you're referring to?
.............. if he is, then pray that he returns alive from that adventure, cos he's heading 4 d lion's den. abi him na Daniel?

Re: Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 by huptin(m): 5:47pm On Jan 07, 2013
As it stands now, the figures do not favour Goodluck, the most populated regions do not seem to like him, The north will definitely not vote for him, the south west is almost out of his grip, even the south east does not seem to like him, only the least populated region (south south) will likely vote for him, if democracy is indeed a game of numbers, i doubt he can win.

However nothing is impossible he has less than 2 years to prove himself, personally i dont think Jonathan is really a failure but he is perceived to be weak and indecisive and perception they say is everything.

2015 is around the corner let the best person win.
Re: Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 by sharubutu(m): 5:47pm On Jan 07, 2013
[quote
author=Gbawe]It is pointless for anyone on either side of the argument
to be getting emotional. Let GEJ clinch the PDP ticket first. Nigerians
are just way too emotional to ever view things critically and
dispassionately for the sake of discerning what is feasible.

Democracy remain a game of numbers. Let GEJ begin with winning the PDP
Primaries.

People forget the PDP has a very large amount of Northern members as
voting delegates. Many conditions came together to ensure GEJ had the
support of Northern PDP delegate in 2011. Things have changed
appreciably in that regards.
Some of the Northern Governors who delivered the delegates that defeated
Atiku were first term Governors, back then, who were nursing
Presidential ambitions. What Yuguda, Aliyu, Lamido et al did they did
for themselves not GEJ. 2015, their term finishes. GEJ will have wracked
up far more enemies, determined to work against him, than those even
using Boko Haram to fight his Government because he led many to assist
his ambition on a bogus 'one term' pledge he will have reneged on by
running. that is only one angle of things.

He may certainly not do as well winning SW PDP delegates over as was the
case last time if OBJ is working for a Northern candidate in 2015
whereas he was working for GEJ in 2011.

Where Alao-Akala and Gbenga daniel delivered delegates for GEJ, those
men are not governors anymore and PDP delegates from those states don't
have any Governor to malevolenty browbeat or threaten them. Without
GEJ-friendly Governors, as was the case with Alao-Akala and OGD, nothing
stops delegate from Oyo and Ogun from voting for GEJ's competitor.

There are many other permutations to consider. Let GEJ win the Primaries
first. There is no need for anyone to be shedding blood before that.
You cannot will GEJ to win simply because he is your kinsman or because
you think "aboki" must never lead Nigeria when "Aboki" produces a large
percentage of Nigerians in politics and even in the PDP itself. A
reasonable person will understand that GEJ will have it much tougher
this time with even Northern moderates alienated entirely. It may not be
enough , this time around, to commit another round of massive subsidy
fraud to bribe everyone/everything on board. [/quote]

Genius! That's all.

2 Likes

Re: Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 07, 2013
Gej will be history after 2015
Re: Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 07, 2013
i hope he wins (rigs) again, abeg this country has been f**ked by past leaders so badly and we as a useless bunch did nothing, now the country should f**k us all back and if its GEJ the country is gonna use to do it then so be it!!!

we deserve it!!!
Re: Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 by igbeke: 5:58pm On Jan 07, 2013
grafikii: With the north against him and SW not liking him , i seriously doubt if can win 2015.
What do you guys think
its still early 2 say.
i tink GEJ shud answer dat because d choice is stíll very much his.
even in SS, he's gradually building a strong opposition against himelf.
but u know what? Nigerians 4giv and 4get easily.
u r welcome
Re: Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 by delkuf(m): 5:59pm On Jan 07, 2013
It depend on wht ach and d like do.Tinubu will cont in is greed. jst as he trade his vote and millions of acn voter in 2011, so he will sell his vote in 2015
Re: Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 by sharubutu(m): 5:59pm On Jan 07, 2013
Mark my words.
.............. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan WILL not fly PDP's flag come 2015.
Re: Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 by Fhemmmy: 5:59pm On Jan 07, 2013
grafikii:
With the pace at which he is Working, i doubt if he can achieve 5 percent of what you listed above. Have you seen the 2013 budget?

Lol . . .
Re: Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 by Fhemmmy: 6:00pm On Jan 07, 2013
abrat: I noticed Nigerians easily forget things & act based on present facts & figures.
So if Jonathan can provide adequate & functional infrastructure like constant electricity supply, good/motorable roads,good health facilities so that our leaders will not need to travel abroad for medical treatment. Creation of employment opportunities atleast for more than half of our unemployed youths & get rid of these corrupt elements in his administration before the end of 2013. Get all the BOKO leaders arrested prosecuted and finally enforce capital punishment on corrupt individuals. All these on or before the end of this yea

Then, pple will start singing new songs.

Can he, is he willing to or does he really care?
Re: Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 by triplebmyke: 6:07pm On Jan 07, 2013
berem: is it not the same madness over election that brought THE CLUELESS ONE to power? Haha... Can't wait for 2015 to come soon to kick his Dumbass out of Aso Rock!
....were U̶̲̥̅̊ d one dat put him there?
Re: Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 by aurenflani: 6:08pm On Jan 07, 2013
Nashville:

A very big IF. GEJ knows that the opposition parties will never set aside greed and personal ambition, so GEJ is still the favourite. He has the power of incumbency and lots of money to spend to bribe people. Buhari and Tinubu set aside greed and personal ambition?

Lets see how that will happen!

Buhari greed and can be bribed by GEJ? Guy you no think at all for there.
Re: Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 by PedroJP(m): 6:09pm On Jan 07, 2013
gregtochi:

look them! Look them!! Na them!!!
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahha. Guy u wan kill me with laugh here ooooooo. Wetin "them" do naa ?
Re: Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 by tpapi: 6:12pm On Jan 07, 2013
I will miss gej by d time he finishes his 2nd term in 2019
Re: Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 07, 2013
If GEJ doesn't win 2015 election, i'd be roundly disappointed in him!
I hope d EFCC,SFU & ICPC are gathering evidences of corruption from 1960 till date. As soon as we enter 2014, they shld start churning d documents at d indicted persons & watch how our popular song wl be re-echoed ; "goodluck 4 u..goodluck 4 me..."
Politics have always bn war & war ,politics. Sorry nairalanders, bt d game is beyond u all, including moi.
Re: Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 by Chiddysville(m): 6:21pm On Jan 07, 2013
I don' t know why these haters are scared of Gej contesting in 2015. Elections are not won on the pages of newspapers or on nairaland; one thing I know for sure is that if any election is conducted today in Nigeria, Gej will still win hands down. most times, I laugh at fools that think they can use propaganda to deceive Nigerians but we know better. Gej will continue to have our full support on his transformation agenda which has started bearing fruits
Re: Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 by UncleJJ(m): 6:21pm On Jan 07, 2013
Like the man said - let him win the primaries. No man will openly support GEJ till he wins the primaries.

If anyone supports that mumu and he loses the primaries - that person go see LAMORDE for im living room after presidential elections.

GEJ is now a plague - a rat infested ship that is quick losing it balance in the water.

Under his watch a sorts of crap has happened to this country . Even hungry african countries take cheap shots at us - does that not tell you he has no reputation in the international community . The only bature (whiteman) that supports him is the world renowed politician Tony B-LIAR.

The militants have withdrawn support - see Asari's statement.
The northern elites have been betrayed - we all know the north does not break promises... this is also on of the issue's that sent papa SEGE home.
The west is to busy siphoning wealth and enslaving their subjects to raise their head if the price is not right - beside's the SW has been known to pitch tent wherever the sun shines.
The east is in deep pain - the governor's have turned to thug's all under the GEJ regime.

All these are bad memories for each region and even ten year from now the letter GEJ will trigger these memories the same way Abacha remind you dark time's and Buhari - discipline.

GEJ has accomplished nothing. And, i also want to state that the north has not lead Nigeria for 40 years. Technically , the military rules and the democracy - leads or governs. Take note !!

OBJ - GSM + NOUN
Yar'adua - N64 + Amnesty
GEJ - Boko haram + Federal 419 + Fuel Scarcity + ghana insults, s.a insults, zimbabwe insults, e.t.c
Re: Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 by FrankC3: 6:25pm On Jan 07, 2013
The biggest undoing of all GEJ's opponents have always been to dismiss him as clueless and confused. That guy has not lost many battles, check his profile. He picks his fights and wins them easily.
By May 29, 2015, GEJ will be sworn in as the next President if he DECIDES to run. Just give me one reason why you will lose 2015 election if you are GEJ?

1 Like

Re: Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 by tallfish145(m): 6:26pm On Jan 07, 2013
He cant win again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva / Untold Story Of ANN Presidential Primaries / I Will Review Lagos Masterplan If Elected Governor - Awe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.