Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,999 members, 7,799,430 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? (15267 Views)

What Would You Do If Your House-Girl Did This To Your Child? (Photo) / Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy / Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by koolg: 10:08pm On Jan 05, 2013
kulyie: Ha,is me and daddy that struggles for the remote o.mummy is not into tv,shes not bothered.once she cooks and read novels,thats all.my brother on his own too is not a tv person except football and he prefers watching it outside the house with his friends.my dad on the other hand can watch tv from morning to night so once i get hold of the remote,i hide it inside my bra.lol.unfortunatly my dad doesnt send,it doesnt cost him anything to deep his hands into my breast and remove the remote.once he starts watching news,thats the end.once he watches news on cnn,he will change to aljazera to watch another one.infact we run around the sitting room for who will get the remote.lol,chai,i always miss baba shewa (my dad) when am not at home.at least he has made me start liking cnn and has bought another tv in the sitting room downstairs but it can never be like watching tv with my dad

A thousand likes for this

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by bamto(m): 10:09pm On Jan 05, 2013
fankasibe: My dad holds the remote control while I hold the T.V to myself.
O.P now tell me who d boss is.
Your dad is the boss. You're the boss' boss.
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by Chimerase(m): 10:10pm On Jan 05, 2013
Ma ex step moda was a beast in dat mins3 choi!! Dat lady showed me pepper...if she see say u like dat particular channel she go change am 2 de borin one,,wetin i cm do am nah if she put de borin channel i go pretend as if ma live na for dat channel then she go cm mumuly change am back 2 ma choice gringrin

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by bamto(m): 10:11pm On Jan 05, 2013
ifihearam: Nice topic: evn people with black and white tv dey contribute too hmmm. Na wa oo abi black and white don get remote ni?
Nor blame them o. Na to avoid racism.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by Ramcie(f): 10:14pm On Jan 05, 2013
My mum holds the remote like its her last baby. It can be so frustrating a times cos she shuffles between NTA, AIT, Channels and Silverbird for almost 24hrs. When I complain she would say, as far as am in her house, I should be patient with her and that when I get my own home then I can talk and she would listen cry the annoying part is that, she would be sleeping o! If u attempt to remove the remote from her hands the women go just wake and grab her remote cheesy

She claims I watch only NatGeoWild and that she prefers seeing people to animals . Na my fault say I like documentaries

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 05, 2013
How I wish I have someone to drag remote control with but none. I live alone presently and enjoying being undisputed commander in-chief of my remove control. Music channels ..p.r.n grin

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by ldpele(m): 10:17pm On Jan 05, 2013
fankasibe: My dad holds the remote control while I hold the T.V to myself.
O.P now tell me who d boss is.
LWKMD
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by bamto(m): 10:17pm On Jan 05, 2013
trekkie: why has the moderator not hidden that post on changing waec result?see how people deceive themselves if you like change the result to A1 all through it does not change the F9 brain inside the skull. angry

btw remote control is autocratic depends on who got to the tv first
I've reported the bad guy. Hope the moderator aint sleeping.
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by ETOBY72: 10:21pm On Jan 05, 2013
if not cartoon nothing oooooo.....so its my first daughter

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by Abbey2sam(m): 10:23pm On Jan 05, 2013
When ever I'm around they summit the remote control to me
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 05, 2013
Chimerase: Ma ex step moda was a beast in dat mins3 choi!! Dat lady showed me pepper...if she see say u like dat particular channel she go change am 2 de borin one,,wetin i cm do am nah if she put de borin channel i go pretend as if ma live na for dat channel then she go cm mumuly change am back 2 ma choice gringrin
lmfao, this is freaking funny. grin grin
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by daylae(m): 10:25pm On Jan 05, 2013
With me and my brothers,no tug of war about who to handle the remote cus we obviously luv to watch same programs. . . .we mostly push the remote away to another cus the one with the remote 'll be the person to do the work of changing the channels, while others just suggests,relaxes, and watch. And must say its always a huge responsibility changing channels.
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:27pm On Jan 05, 2013
Dual view, internet tv/radio, filesharing sites etc can't understand how tv is going to be an issue with these
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by guseman(m): 10:27pm On Jan 05, 2013
Na me o any little time I am at home.
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by Chimerase(m): 10:28pm On Jan 05, 2013
ma ex step moda was a predator in dat mins3 on hw she dn handle de remote forget any match and de problem be say she go lock protector dat means no goin out choi!! I go com resemble goat wen de wan roast for fire gringrin
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by Chimerase(m): 10:28pm On Jan 05, 2013
ma ex step moda was a predator in dat mins3 on hw she dn handle de remote forget any match way u de watch and de problem be say she go lock protector dat means no goin out choi!! I go com resemble goat wen de wan roast for fire gringrin
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by hinaija: 10:29pm On Jan 05, 2013
Its my broda o,he is selfish wen it comes to that.nice question
can sm1ne pls paste dat question to www.naijaspeaker.com its a new naija q2a website,i beliv it has a bright future.also they ar lokin 4 admins apply if interested i av applied o,waitn 4 confirmation send a mail to admin@naijaspeaker.com
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by dabrake(m): 10:30pm On Jan 05, 2013
It depends on the oldest person around. For my mum, she watches what she sees but once 9pm reaches she will just tell us to tune to nta news. The good part is that before 9:05(always), she will be snoring so her own don end be that. If my elder sister is around, she will watch whatever she wants and I will just give her that respect. She loves mtv, channelO, trace, sound city, all those kardashaian and the rest of those who wants people know what goes around their homes channels and she drops the remote only when she's tired. I come next, I am the business, science & tech, crime and sport kind of person, my immediate younger sister frequents uniCh, cartoon, E!, style and all those fashion channels, my baby sister is purely african magic while my baby bro is a cartoon, super sport(football in particular), blockbuster movies, science and tech dude. Once, I'm with the remote, I try my possible best to ensure fairness. Everyone will watch his/her favourite channels so they all learnt to deal with it or open their books. Now, we all watch each other's favourite channels. On matchdays, I prefer viewing games in a public gathering. I enjoy hearing chelsea fans abuse torres and benitez. I also enjoy hearing arsenal fans abuse gervinho, ramsey and wenger.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by Truckpusher(m): 10:31pm On Jan 05, 2013
By the time I come back from my routine night crawling the TV Remote control will be begging me to touch her.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by agohavivi(f): 10:32pm On Jan 05, 2013
My favourite channels are investigation discovery, zone reality, TLC and sony max. Coincidentally, they have a lot of programmes featuring crime and murder investigation and whenever my hubby whose favourite channel is CNN come in he insists that i might start conceiving a plan to kill him after watching such channels and always uses it as a big excuse to seize the remote. Even when he meets me watching something else he'll find a stupid/flimsy excuse why I shouldn't watch it and seize the remote. Our kids are too young to use a remote so they are not an issue here. My annoyance is that this was a man who dared not touch the remote while we were courting now I have no say whatsoever where the remote is concerned. Recently, whenever he sits to watch tv, I just drop the remote and walk away.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by Imyourex(m): 10:32pm On Jan 05, 2013
I'm the GCON, MNI, OFR, GCIN, GO And Controller in chief of my Remote

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by ogbenichoky(m): 10:32pm On Jan 05, 2013
Very funny post I must confess... One day, I was engrossed in a talk show on one of those channels that apparently was boring to ma mum and kid sisters, and since no body could blink an eye when the REMOTE WAS IN MA GRIP, they decided to get at me by gisting in a loud tone which was distacting to me. At dat point, I decided to carry out a lil experiment. I fliped the channel to afria magic nd I was amazed at the sudden serenity and tranquility that ensued as their attention was turned to the movie showing on AM... Wots wit women and AM channel sef angryVery funny post I must confess... One day, I was engrossed in a talk show on one of those channels that apparently was boring to ma mum and kid sisters, and since no body could blink an eye when the REMOTE WAS IN MA GRIP, they decided to get at me by gisting in a loud tone which was distacting to me. At dat point, I decided to carry out a lil experiment. I fliped the channel to afria magic nd I was amazed at the sudden serenity and tranquility that ensued as their attention was turned to the movie showing on AM... Wots wit women and AM channel sef
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by chessguru1(m): 10:36pm On Jan 05, 2013
aare07: Useless thread.
And a particular Newspaper Financed by Seun, that Nairaland would be TECH TO WATCH
Dude take ur frustration else where. NL knows how 2 make ppl relax and laff a bit. Stop being such a killer joy its not always about politics and the price of GARR*

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 05, 2013
jude33084:

Incest at the bolded lipsrsealed
chai,dirty mind.my father is a father in every way.tufiaaaa,how can you even think of that.he is not an irresponsible person.the love my father has for me is a parental kind of love.purge your mind of evil thought.not all fathers are like that,example is my father
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by dabrake(m): 10:43pm On Jan 05, 2013
Again, when I'm not interested in watching tv, my baby brother always ensure it's his way or no other way. When nepa do their thing, he goes ds far as hiding the remote in his school bag, suit pocket or even in my cupboard(that's if he and my baby sister are the only one interested that day(then, I and my 2 other sisters will be having a lot of responsibilities or school work to handle). Once he sights my elder sister coming to the living room(she watches what nobody likes and she controls the remote for as long as she's there), he will just alter some tv settings or he will just sneak to the back, unplug some cords, . . . E don end be dat.
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by bamto(m): 10:43pm On Jan 05, 2013
iyatrustee:

I try to but no be every match be football jor! My hubby watches any and everytin from Bundesliga to La liga and i cant stand it.
Hehehehe...na football fanatical freak be that o. Eeya. Bear and forbear.lol
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by oyestephen(m): 10:43pm On Jan 05, 2013
My younger sister, allows has the remote to watch movies. sometimes, its annoying
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jan 05, 2013
i think i am the one who`s in charge no one watches TV like me i can go on watching NEWS, esp interviews, educative / informative programs for as long as possible ...i dont really give a damn.. lollllgrin grin grin
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by osifred(m): 10:45pm On Jan 05, 2013
Get yourself a samsung galaxy note 10.1 that has an inbuilt remote control for all types of tv so you can be the commander in chief of the television irrespective of who is holding the follow come remote.

When I go to public places and I don't like the station displaying I use my galaxy note to either change the channel or better still switch it off without anybody knowing.

Updated via Samsung galaxy note 10.1
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by bamto(m): 10:50pm On Jan 05, 2013
Ramcie: My mum holds the remote like its her last baby. It can be so frustrating a times cos she shuffles between NTA, AIT, Channels and Silverbird for almost 24hrs. When I complain she would say, as far as am in her house, I should be patient with her and that when I get my own home then I can talk and she would listen cry the annoying part is that, she would be sleeping o! If u attempt to remove the remote from her hands the women go just wake and grab her remote cheesy

She claims I watch only NatGeoWild and that she prefers seeing people to animals . Na my fault say I like documentaries
LWKMD...u sef quick tie d knot na. Abi?
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by chessguru1(m): 10:54pm On Jan 05, 2013
Hmm I'd say it depends on the occasion. Mostly it was my late father, as my mum is hardly interested. But when diego and paloma was reigning, them no born any man (including my papa)make e smell the tv.
There was this one time we where visiting my mumsy in a hotel her company lodged her in, nd manu was playing AC milian, and @ the same time they where showing paloma.
Oh men d woman banished all of us 2 be looking from floor 2 floor for anywhere showing d match.
@ last we found a vip lounge on d highest floor where we (dad and all boys) watched d match.
Don't mess with some women oo
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by bamto(m): 10:57pm On Jan 05, 2013
ogbenichoky: Very funny post I must confess... One day, I was engrossed in a talk show on one of those channels that apparently was boring to ma mum and kid sisters, and since no body could blink an eye when the REMOTE WAS IN MA GRIP, they decided to get at me by gisting in a loud tone which was distacting to me. At dat point, I decided to carry out a lil experiment. I fliped the channel to afria magic nd I was amazed at the sudden serenity and tranquility that ensued as their attention was turned to the movie showing on AM... Wots wit women and AM channel sef angryVery funny post I must confess... One day, I was engrossed in a talk show on one of those channels that apparently was boring to ma mum and kid sisters, and since no body could blink an eye when the REMOTE WAS IN MA GRIP, they decided to get at me by gisting in a loud tone which was distacting to me. At dat point, I decided to carry out a lil experiment. I fliped the channel to afria magic nd I was amazed at the sudden serenity and tranquility that ensued as their attention was turned to the movie showing on AM... Wots wit women and AM channel sef
I tire for 21st century gals o. Entertainment all the time. How on earth will u be intellectually compliant?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? / Woman Uses Money Saved From Cooking To Build A House, Husband Collapses (photos) / I Found A Man On Top Of My Wife: I Need Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.