Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,097 members, 7,807,288 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? (15275 Views)

What Would You Do If Your House-Girl Did This To Your Child? (Photo) / Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy / Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by Nobody: 3:06am On Jan 06, 2013
Kails.
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by SlyIg(f): 5:28am On Jan 06, 2013
We call ours,operator! If you're watching from a private room, you will know the operator because of the channel changed to. If it's sport or news,na the oga of the house. If it's cartoon network, it's d little kids. If it's movies,it's the mama of the house. If it's music,everybody will know that i'm the operator of the moment.
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by DatIgboboy(m): 6:07am On Jan 06, 2013
Na my girl get the power to remote an also control, out of 120 Chanel's we got only 3 that speak English my girl will stick to those ones that speak her language Chinese. Poor me.
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by tadysmart(m): 6:24am On Jan 06, 2013
johnwizey: i wish am ur dad,for me to feel ur bossom

Naughty
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by nattymallam: 6:55am On Jan 06, 2013
[quote author=kulyie]Ha,is me and daddy that struggles for the remote o.mummy is not into tv,shes not bothered.once she cooks and read novels,thats all.my brother on his own too is not a tv person except football and he prefers watching it outside the house with his friends.my dad on the other hand can watch tv from morning to night so once i get hold of the remote,i hide it inside my bra.lol.unfortunatly my dad doesnt send,it doesnt cost him anything to deep his hands into my breast and remove the remote.once he starts watching news,thats the end.once he watches news on cnn,he will change to aljazera to watch another one.infact we run around the sitting room for who will get the remote.lol,chai,i always miss baba shewa (my dad) when am not at home.at least he has made me start liking cnn and has bought another tv in the sitting room downstairs but it can never be like watching tv with my dad. Ur dad must be a funny man. when i had only one dstv me and madam usually had issues on which channel to watch me na football and news any maybe musicals. madam hold tinsel tight and nollywood. now 2 decoders. case closed
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by LCDD: 7:18am On Jan 06, 2013
what an interesting thread, but there is a solution. with just one dstv a/c and more tvs in d house u get to watch ur favourites channels at d same time. they charge extra #1,800 monthly in addition to ur chosen bouquet. u dont need another dish but more remote controls and decorders depending on d number of tvs u have.
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by ignis: 7:30am On Jan 06, 2013
Brand_new: I barely even have time to watch TV these days.

BTW This is a funny thread title.
If you watch the scenarios in some homes concerning remote control, you will know that the thread is not as funny as you think.
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by Roliks09: 7:35am On Jan 06, 2013
My father doesnt even hold the remote. Lai lai. Once he enters the sitting room - no, once we hear his footsteps, we change the station to a serious channel (BBC, aljazeera,msnbc), and we just comot the sitting room. My dad wud sit there for 5 minutes and call 'Omo'(any child(ren) within hearing radius must answer o!), wa gbe si because. Afta, gbe si NTA, then gbe si Channels. Na so so 'gbe si, gbe si that 'we go dey do. But he doesnt last. Once he leaves, ehn ehn, na me be oga be dat. Mama? Ha, the night she insists on NTA news, I give her 15mins, she don sleep o. We now 'test' her and say 'mummy ki ni won so last?', once she fails, we switch channels straight!

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by Bertbert: 7:36am On Jan 06, 2013
Yomieluv: My neighbour,cos we don't have TV in my house,so I peep through the window of my neighbour to watch Robocop,and equalizer 2000.
...same with me but i just managed to buy a 14inch National black and white TV which i covered with colour paper to make it have colour,i dont need to handle any remote control i only turn the nub to change channels.. grin
Yomieluv: My neighbour,cos we don't have TV in my house,so I peep through the window of my neighbour to watch Robocop,and equalizer 2000.
...same with me but i just managed to buy a 14inch National black and white TV which i covered with colour paper to make it have colour,i dont need to handle any remote control i only turn the nub to change channels..
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by Ishilove: 7:37am On Jan 06, 2013
Nobody, because the station is permanently on Emmanuel TV.

"Who are you?? What have you done to her?? SPEAK,in the name of Jesus!!!! angry"

cheesy

However when nobody's watching, my youngest bro gets the remote.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by beauty4(f): 7:45am On Jan 06, 2013
debrief08: Constant battle oh. Everybody claims right, Me, hubby and baby. Hubby had to buy extra TVs, but for where, what fun is there in watching TV all alone, so I go and harrass him.
So annoying all he watches is CNN we pay 13k and you watch a channel we get for free, haba.
I watch football and movies he just watches news and one business Channel.

I love TLC and there are programmes like secret eaters, I didn't know I was pregnant etc, I would like him to watch but for where?

I love zone reality too, cheaters, women who
kill, crimes of passion, all those shows where they catch killers, he always says Its creepy and he hopes I won't slice him and keep in a freezer one day, me I no send, I love my shows jor.
You pay 13K just to watch CNN
wow, am just like u but i hold d remote. Once am home, he says he dosnt want trouble cos i can jump on him and start tickling him til i get it. I love TLC, AM, Style and dsny but he loves sonymax and maction
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 06, 2013
kulyie: Ha,is me and daddy that struggles for the remote o.mummy is not into tv,shes not bothered.once she cooks and read novels,thats all.my brother on his own too is not a tv person except football and he prefers watching it outside the house with his friends.my dad on the other hand can watch tv from morning to night so once i get hold of the remote,i hide it inside my bra.lol.unfortunatly my dad doesnt send,it doesnt cost him anything to deep his hands into my breast and remove the remote.once he starts watching news,thats the end.once he watches news on cnn,he will change to aljazera to watch another one.infact we run around the sitting room for who will get the remote.lol,chai,i always miss baba shewa (my dad) when am not at home.at least he has made me start liking cnn and has bought another tv in the sitting room downstairs but it can never be like watching tv with my dad

hmmm, no comment..
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 06, 2013

Abi o, for me, we fought so much for the remote, that i had to eat it. I now operate it from my belly.
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by safeLove(f): 8:19am On Jan 06, 2013
Nah. Nothing of such. I give him space to watch all the CNNs and Cartoon channels he can watch then moves to watch the movies on his laptop. While I take over the TVdom with my Food channel and TLC. I never miss cake boss,ace of cakes,charlies cake angels,cooking for real..etc. Its peacefull remote co-existence for us.
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by layzie: 8:35am On Jan 06, 2013
angry :oMy GF is a the terrorist. She will evn hide the remote wen stepping into the kitchen or bedroom.
I like aljazeera, euronews, cnn, mnetseries, sports, animal channels and music. For her its style, E, african magic etc. The only tin we watch 2geda is music which she will keep changing to indian music and some other crap channels.
I ve resolved to get another dstv for the tv in the bedroom, i no fit shout again
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by simcare: 8:37am On Jan 06, 2013
my daughter ofcourse, when she woke up from bed particularly during the weekend or holidays, the next thing is to hijack the remote and change the channels to cartoon network or ceebeebes even when she is still sleepy.I love viewing live football matches and I have to alternatively allow her to play some kiddies games on line on my laptops when i am viewing my live matches or alternatively go out to viewing centres. My wife loves africa magic Yoruba films and India love story but she doesn't struggle over remote and often like to view live fotball matches with me when Chelsea fc is playing.
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by lawizle(m): 8:38am On Jan 06, 2013
kulyie: hehehe orisirisi cheesy cheesy cheesy

Orisirisi..abi hoe_loshi!!!

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by cecegorz(m): 8:51am On Jan 06, 2013
As funny as this thread is, Responses here shows it's really a big issue in some homes, like the lady that said that once the hubby returns, she leaves the sitting room. I wish the cable operators can take these feedback as business intelligence so they can device better programing that allows a home with multiple screens to watch different channels without having to buy multiple top boxes.
In my home, I think I act the emperor once I'm around, funny enough I always feel their frustrations but I can't help it. Lol
Wifey only watches those telenovelas from 10PM while her younger sis. is the music channels freak (she takes over in my absence). The little kids are Cartoon and Ben 10 wannabes. The elder one who can talk will just tell me with her mouth pouting 'Daddy, you are not my friend again' and I'll respond, 'oh dear, but I'm your Daddy'. Lol
Sometimes, I just move from channel to channel looking for whatever interests me, and when I can't find, I dump them and move into the room with my phone and lappy.
Chai! Our parents no get this wahala in the 80s with Premium NTA o. Lol

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by ubong560(m): 9:00am On Jan 06, 2013
My immediate elder sis. is a die hard remote control handler. She can stay ther endlessly watching nollywood movies. Wen its time 2 watch my football, she will still try to stop me from watching my match. But fortunate enough, i have my key wch has been working perfectly for me. Once she declines my move, i wil simply fart and the smell will be very digusting, immediately she wil drop d remote and run out of d house. Very stubborn lady. But when dad is around, dont dare him wit news changing frm cnn to aljazera to channel to ait to silverbird to nta to ... endless. I cant stop wondering wch kind man be dat wit news. If am annoyed abt dis his news stuff, i will simply go and remove d cut-out socket ... nepa don take light be dat.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by bamto(m): 9:16am On Jan 06, 2013
LCDD: what an interesting thread, but there is a solution. with just one dstv a/c and more tvs in d house u get to watch ur favourites channels at d same time. they charge extra #1,800 monthly in addition to ur chosen bouquet. u dont need another dish but more remote controls and decorders depending on d number of tvs u have.
Really? Very revealing.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by bamto(m): 9:26am On Jan 06, 2013
Aggrippa: ok bro i remember "i dont give a damn" by GEJ ,people no like to hear those five words, no wonder see how people dey fly commot from this thread! grin grin
Forget that thing o. People don't give a damn about those five words.
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by bamto(m): 9:29am On Jan 06, 2013
HQ:

Works for only Samsung TVs only, and must be Wifi enabled.

And it must be "setup" first, so the bolded is completely false.
Don't mind the guy. He wants to sell dog to us as monkey. Abeg, no time to chop sand.lol
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by eyzeberg: 9:36am On Jan 06, 2013
Its always a war between me and my little daughters, they cry the hell out for Disney Junior, and I can't do without my Discovery Channel.
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by Smartiegurl(f): 9:42am On Jan 06, 2013
When Dad ain't around to watch his news nd stuffs lyk that, am always incharge of the remote buh immediately my elder bro comes back, the next thng you wil hear is *give me the remote* with a mean voice. Hav got no option buh to obey. Thats y i alwaz pray for him to travel often cuz am so into TV.
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 06, 2013
Ohhhhh, my girl is the boss! I watched glee so much, I thought I would menstruate! grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by Mexyz(m): 9:55am On Jan 06, 2013
Hmmm..dat tym wen poverty dey choke us for throat,our tv no get remote o,infact d tv go jst dey close eye at will. D last born gat stay near d tv wen we re watchn it,anytym d tv wan close eyes,jst hit d tv top,e go open eyes sharpaly. Thank God 2day sha

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by Goldieluks: 9:59am On Jan 06, 2013
I can't sit down and watch a programme completely, without the remote control by my side, because I've got to pause, rewind and fastforward hehehe.
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by girlking(f): 10:00am On Jan 06, 2013
ℳα 8year old brother has become something else! Once he comes to the parlour he snatches the remote from me changes (Cartoon network, Nick Etc) starts running around with it until I realise I am tooooo old to be dragging with a small boy. I just let it go. I leave him and come and nairaland. Wait till the wee hours of the night(when even ℳα dad the night crawler and ultimate emperor of the remote has slept off) then watch what I want grin but volume has †̥ be very very low(so no one hears it). As for his younger sister (7 years), she just watches what ever he is watching. But, she really really likes Dora. Even when she wants to watch Dora the boy will never agree. So she just goes to the other parlour-the TV isn't so clear-and put Jesus film(that girl is going to be a pastorres!).
I really need help on how to defeat the boy, I have tried tickling he doesn't respond cry
I'm even beggining to like Ben 10 because I always have to watch it cry

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by Ninilowo(m): 10:22am On Jan 06, 2013
Yeepa! na cartoon people ooooo (my pikins dem) but now that pay TV is becoming cheaper, we don share garri. make dem they battle dem cartoon with GOTV and we dey battle our own DSTV for sitting room. SHIKENA.
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by chessguru1(m): 10:30am On Jan 06, 2013
ARES: Ohhhhh, my girl is the boss! I watched glee so much, I thought I would menstruate! grin grin
Buhahaha Talk about gleeful menstruation
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by kayusbrown(m): 10:33am On Jan 06, 2013
It's funny how TV divides instead of uniting the family. Multi-view decoder is the way out.
Re: Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? by dabrake(m): 11:01am On Jan 06, 2013
bamto:
How can u be happy with d downfall of another? Guy, back off before dem head catch u o.
I rep #teamArsenal for eternity. don't get me wrong brother but the abuses are just too funny

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? / Woman Uses Money Saved From Cooking To Build A House, Husband Collapses (photos) / Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.