Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,819 members, 7,806,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently (24645 Views)

Nigeria Currently Under Watch By Human Right Watch. See Confirmation, Pic / Who Is Nigeria's Most Respected Statesman (dead Or Alive)? / Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by chiswaggs: 9:37pm On Jan 05, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Are you referring to the Achebe that was newly inducted into Nairaland Hall of Shame ?
which hall of shame is that?
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by redsun(m): 9:38pm On Jan 05, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^To each his own.....we have to make allowances for ethnic bigots, so carry go abeg.

On topic: i'd say nationally is Soyinka, and internationally is Achebe; personally, there's little to seperate the two.

They are all in the same class,Fela,Soyinka,Femi Kuti,Achebe,Tai solarin,Gani and some other quiet gentle noble men and women,like my late parents.While people like obj,anenih,kalu,atiku,ibb,bankole,chukwumerije,tinubu and co are in the rogue class that most nigerians have grown to see as leaders and even role models.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by neksummi(m): 9:38pm On Jan 05, 2013
Rtd Gen. Muhammadu Buhari
Pastor Tunde Bakare.

Case closed!

But that's not my problem. My problem is about the unemployed youths going about with no money in their pockets. That led me to come up with something here on nairaland to help our youths. You can team up with us to fight poverty: https://www.nairaland.com/1142592/lets-team-up-ensure-all

5 Likes

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by GentleNaaz(m): 9:38pm On Jan 05, 2013
D most respectd man is late ojukwu ikemba of igbo land. He is still an icon

2 Likes

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by sabooke(m): 9:40pm On Jan 05, 2013
Baba is well respected locally and internationally, beliv it or go die
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by boban007: 9:42pm On Jan 05, 2013
JAGABAN,TINUBU.
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by redsun(m): 9:45pm On Jan 05, 2013
sabo oke: Baba is well respected locally and internationally, beliv it or go die

No sane person respects an african leaders,especially a notorious one like nigeria outside the shores of africa,with the exception of nobles like Mandela and Tutu.

Only foo-ls respect failures.Obj is a tool used by the imperialists to oppress africans and they are the only people that acknowledges him.
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by jmaine: 9:47pm On Jan 05, 2013
sabo oke: Baba is well respected locally and internationally, beliv it or go die

Correct . . .
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by zikclassiq(m): 9:47pm On Jan 05, 2013
k2039: [color=soyouquotedme]Even internationally he is respected, so it's Obasanjo. [/color]
tru. Bt i dnt knw who to tink of except shehu shagari. He is never mixed in nigerian politics. He behaves too dignified. Bt i stil dnt give it 2 him.
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by fkaz(m): 9:48pm On Jan 05, 2013
Alxmyr:

Dr. Joe Odumakin
Pastor Tunde Bakare
Festus Keyamo
me
etc etc
Do you mean those you mention, are not politician also?
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by fkaz(m): 9:48pm On Jan 05, 2013
Alxmyr:

Dr. Joe Odumakin
Pastor Tunde Bakare
Festus Keyamo
me
etc etc
Do you mean, those you mention, are not politician also?
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by moresignal(f): 9:55pm On Jan 05, 2013
Na my grandpa... Alhaji LAMIDI grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by OsunOriginal: 10:01pm On Jan 05, 2013
Of couse any sane person will know the person is Buhari. Whoever can float a polical party without money and gathering so much followership and support within a short period of time is truly respected and accepted by the people - 12 million human beings voting for a candidate without monitory inducement, etc. Except if speaking grammar on TV, Radio, Social media, at lectures etc amount to popularity.

The likes of Pat Utomi, Wole Soyinka, etc have floated political party to test their popularity and we saw how popular/accepted they were at the pool.

What else can you use to test popularity if not democratic elections?

2 Likes

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by kbsheshe(m): 10:05pm On Jan 05, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]Rauben Abati
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by LagosBoi2(m): 10:06pm On Jan 05, 2013
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan

abeg no say i don kolo 8-)
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by ujoatu(m): 10:11pm On Jan 05, 2013
ogaemma: Dear Naira landers,
I came up with this thought after I watched live on AIT the wedding of Gov. Okorocha's daughter in Owerri.
I this the most respected man in Nigeria is Obasanjo. I do not know if there is any living man in Nigeria who have equalled the kind of public respect and honour that is giving to Obasanjo in occassions.
What do you think? Pls share your experience; who is the most respected & honoured living man in Nigeria?
Yea oBJ anytime.saw d commotion dat ensued immediatly he entered wit rochas,I was like WOW
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Arysexy(m): 10:15pm On Jan 05, 2013
The only national elderstateman alive today and nationally respected is Architect (Dr) Alex Ifeanyichukwu Ekwueme (Chains of degree) closely followed by Soyinka and Achebe except that few bigoted Yoruba are begining to hate him for saying his mind on their mini god Awo.

Obj is a nobody, he is a persona non-grata in East and anambra especially for causing havoc in dat state thru the ubas
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by ABUGEORGE(m): 10:15pm On Jan 05, 2013
MY FATHER I MEAN MY DAD
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by ajanaku2(m): 10:20pm On Jan 05, 2013
Denlightened: Professor Chinua Achebe;anytime any day

He's a Biafran and not resident in Nigeria. He doesn't believe in the entity called Nigeria, that's the reason he's been based in the States for some years now... In as much as I respect him as an Author, I'll never consider him as the most respected Nigerian!...For wetin na?...
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by warrior101: 10:20pm On Jan 05, 2013
AnodaIT: Wole Soyinka
If you know the meaning of the words ' respected and honoured '

Leonidas: Do not forget today's lesson
Son: respect and honor

@topic ~ check obj out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8LdTp4nQ6g grin
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by PalmTree(m): 10:23pm On Jan 05, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^To each his own.....we have to make allowances for ethnic bigots of your kind, so carry go abeg.

On topic: i'd say nationally is Soyinka, and internationally is Achebe; personally, there's little to seperate the two.

O really! Achebe is more internationally recognized than a Nobel prize winner? shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by samkoro: 10:24pm On Jan 05, 2013
Personaly I would say

Achebe
Emeka Anyaoku
Soyinka

For the non living
Azikiwe
Gani Fahwehimi
Tai Solarin
Fela
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 05, 2013
Wat of buhari nd ibb nah??
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by decrox199(m): 10:29pm On Jan 05, 2013
Maitam Sule of Kano
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by samkoro: 10:33pm On Jan 05, 2013
Those who worship Awolowo are called Awoist.About 3million innocent souls perished because of Awolowos blood thirst.All Awoist must surely end up in hell fire like Awolowo for using their conscience to praise and worship Awolowo for masterminding slow death by hunger.He is already in hell with all his tittles and praises
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 05, 2013
OBanSanjo: Hate him or Love him, he is the most patriotic Nigerian in his class.
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by omenka(m): 10:36pm On Jan 05, 2013
Two pple I respect the most: Ken Nnamani and Gen Buhari.
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by esperiense(m): 10:36pm On Jan 05, 2013
I am the most respected man in Nigeria
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Mohammedekete: 10:39pm On Jan 05, 2013
Prof.Achebe will be stoned in lagos.obj will be killed in udi or zakibiam,may even be humiliated in ijebu ode.ibb,Gowon will be ...anywhere,buhari will not be listened to in the east or west.Dangote will also be seen as an opportunist who doesn't want their brother to grow in nnewi.my illiterate father and mother don't know prof.wole soyinka.so in nigeria no nigerian is accepted nation wide.may be you work towards that!!!
seedord247: No single man... Every Nigerian is corrupt in one way or the other. undecided
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by samkoro: 10:40pm On Jan 05, 2013
redsun:

They are all in the same class,Fela,Soyinka,Femi Kuti,Achebe,Tai solarin,Gani and some other quiet gentle noble men and women,like my late parents.While people like obj,anenih,kalu,atiku,ibb,bankole,chukwumerije,tinubu and co are in the rogue class that most nigerians have grown to see as leaders and even role models.

Correct

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photo Exhibition Of Buhari's Election Campaign; Aisha Buhari In Attendance / Lai Mohammed Rattled By Journalist's Question On Corruption, APC Crisis (VIDEO) / Channels TV Apologises For Breach Of Broadcasting Code – NBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.