Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) (25532 Views)

AY Clashes With Stella-Dimoko As She Reveals More On His 'Troubled Marriage' / Stella Damasus Remembers Jaiye Aboderin 11 After / Stella Damascus Pays Tribute To Late Husband, Jaiye Aboderin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by chairman: 3:04pm On Aug 09, 2005
What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin?

I need you all to answer this question please!

What's up with Stella Damascus-Aboderin? Ever since her husband died, she's been featured in the media doing this and that. I would have thought she would keep a low profile for a while, at least 1 year.  Or is that asking for too much?

Man, I love that girl oh, no shakin for that one.  To me, she's the prettiest thing on screen but guys, you need to have seen her at the opening of the Silverbird Galleria and again at the City People Awards for Axcellence.  She for do like Nike Oshinowo wey go hide her head after Lagos was agog with jist of her atrocities!

Please hit me back! Am I being old-fashioned here?
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by hotangel2(f): 7:36am On Aug 10, 2005
The man is dead: "let the dead be gone".

She must have mourned him for a month or so. She has a life to live. Uhm, I must be sounding bad here, but who is her husband? I don't even know the man. I love Stella Aboderin.
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by Debo(m): 2:37pm On Aug 10, 2005
Hullo,

I guess you love Stella Damascus-Aboderin so much that you don't care about her two kids. She's got to stand up to work to secure the future of her kids. Remember the society ain't got nothing to give her except that which she can pick up by herself. 

But, one thing I agree with is the she is a great epitome of beauty.

Cheers man.
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by hotangel2(f): 4:35am On Aug 11, 2005
yeah she's beautifulllllllllll.
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by fabian(f): 8:16am On Aug 11, 2005
Guys, guys, give the man a break! He's only expressin an opinion and asking a question here. I feel him but as I always say, no Judgement! Funny thing, a couple of pple and I were talking about this some weeks ago and we thot, who cares?
Chill out guys, I'm out! cool
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by hotangel2(f): 8:21am On Aug 11, 2005
Okay. I am going to chill out. cool cool
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by dablessed(f): 11:35am On Aug 11, 2005
Truth of the matter is: Life has got to continue abi? I wont be so surprised if she announces her wedding anytime soon. women are created for relationship and companionship - the fact that she is presently a widow does not make her an exception.

That is not to say that she doesn't miss her late husband! Its only natural for her to move on.

Chairman, if you love her and wouldn't mind a relationship, do not hesitate to push your luck! She is single ok? The worst answer u can get is a "NO"

All the best!
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by IAH(f): 2:39pm On Aug 11, 2005
It's only natural for her to move on but I think she did that too quickly. Knowing the kind of society she lives in, methinks she should have chilled a bit! And umm, I heard she's already dating one Lanre Nzeribe. Stella, softly softly o. But she is indeed a beautiful woman.
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by layi(m): 3:17pm On Aug 11, 2005
Its Damasus not damascus like sum of u thot initially. Seen her at functions recently. I think she's doing great now. Thats the siprit. Life hasnt stopped so why should she stop. Nothing wrong if she remarries.
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by chairman: 5:44pm On Aug 11, 2005
Layi, your'e missing the point here, I never said she shouldn't remarry. She's 27 or 28, isn't she? She definitely should not say single for ever! I'm askin if its not too soon for her to swing back fully into showbiz, bearing in mind that its not been a year since Jaiye's death. Haba! Nigerians!
Da blessed girl, i wouldn't go so far as to marry a lady with two kids already as i plan to have only two of my own. (God willing!) That'll mean I'll now have four! Abi de country no hard reach ya side?
Meanwhile, she's dating Lanre Nzeribe? IAH fill me in already!
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by dablessed(f): 6:15pm On Aug 11, 2005
Chairman!

Assuming she's not already in a relationship and you happen to meet her and approached her for a relationship which she accepted, are you saying that you wont marry her because she has two kids already?

Pls answer! I need to know how men reason in this regard! Other guys are welcome to post their comments.
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by chairman: 6:47pm On Aug 11, 2005
Da blessed! I'm sorry, I may sound backward to you, but Nope! I won't marry her because she already has 2 kids. If she had just one kid, that's worth a thought but TWO! No way, I'm sorry. I wont even go that far with her!
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by Seun(m): 6:49pm On Aug 11, 2005
If a popular (and supposedly beautiful) woman like Stella Damascus has even 7 kids, it doesn't stop men from wanting to go out with her and even marrying her. Same with Omotola (sigh) and any other actress who, apart from being beautiful, is percieved as being cool-headed. (men can fall for beauty but when marriage comes into the picture we simply do not like domestic stress).

[The generalissue of marrying women with kids should be discussed on a new topic]

The second poster has made a most insightful comment. Even if Stella Damascus is not yet dating (I don't believe she is), she has to keep a high public profile to keep the money flowing in. Stardom is all about being popular and if she doesn't keep herself in the public eye, she may be forgotten. A forgotten star is a hungry star, and we do not want her children to go hungry!
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by chimanu2000(m): 1:05pm On Aug 12, 2005
stella should go back to acting some of her fans are dying for her prescence. im one of them
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by sage(m): 4:28am On Aug 13, 2005
Why should the fact that a woman has 2 kids stop a guy who truly wants her from going for her. If it is me, the two kids is not a hindrance in anyway and should not be for any guy who really knows what he wants
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by shyshy: 2:46pm On Aug 15, 2005
I think she is the nicest thing to happen on TV.
rolleyes cry[color=#000099][/color]
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by hotangel2(f): 8:32pm On Aug 15, 2005
Shyshy, you don't need to cry. You are right. Welcome to Nairaland hun. ENjoy yourself.
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by AngelaZ(f): 9:12am On Aug 17, 2005
I think stella should of been off publicity for awhile at least, its nothing but a sign of respect for the man of her heart. You all may not understand because you have not experienced loosing your wife or husband. I have, and know what I am saying. She and her children would not have died in at least six months of mourning.

She would have allowed us hunger for her, then she would even be more famous and accepted as a super star.
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by chairman: 10:14am On Aug 17, 2005
I'm sorry to hear that Angela. I really emphatize with you. Those were my sentiments exactly, but everyone seems to have a selfish reason for wanting her back on the screen as quickly as possible. She's a good actress and a very beautiful person too but I think the demands from fans are too great. I rest my case with your words, "Its nothing but a sign of respect for the man of her heart" and "She would have allowed us hunger for her, then she would even be more famous and accepted as a super star" because that's what I thought too.
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by dablessed(f): 11:19am On Aug 17, 2005
AngelaZ:

I think stella should of been off publicity for awhile at least, its nothing but a sign of respect for the man of her heart. You all may not understand because you have not experienced loosing your wife or husband. I have, and know what I am saying. She and her children would not have died in at least six months of mourning.

She would have allowed us hunger for her, then she would even be more famous and accepted as a super star.

I'm so sorry Angelaz! You lost your husband too? When?
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by AngelaZ(f): 4:07pm On Sep 05, 2005
Thanks Chairman and Dablessed, at least now I know there are people with sound minds.
I lost my husband three years ago and have picked up and continued, but his memories can
never be erased. We were in love.
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by fabian(f): 9:31am On Sep 06, 2005
AngelaZ, It is well, I know you've heard this a million times, but He gives and He takes. God will give you another who will love you much much more than you ever imagined! God bless you!
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by kenflavor(m): 1:25pm On Sep 06, 2005
Angelaz, I am very sorry because of your husband. Chairman and Angelaz I respect your feelings so much about this topic. I am totally against Stella with her behaviour this days and that could make some people to feel she never loved her husband in the first place. No one should tell me that Stella doesn't have enough to cater for herself and the children for atleast one year.  A dead man is needed to be mourned by a woman he called his wife.

Besides, Jaiye was a rich and comfortable man before his death. Please u guys should help me talk to Stella to stop all these she kari mi (am I right? cheesy)
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by morina: 3:13pm On Sep 19, 2005
Oh when there is life there is hope. As for me i think loosing the husband is not he end of the world. She should morn her husband and continue with her life. Stella Damacus is a very pretty woman so go on and live ur life the way u want. I wish i were a man i would have get married to her. she is still young and pretty. Lema[color=#006600][/color]
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by jay(f): 9:31am On Sep 23, 2005
I suppose this question is being asked because she is woman, please give her a break she's got bills to settle. Stella just keep shining.
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by dantomi(m): 10:59am On Sep 23, 2005
Please my message might be long but please read to the advantage of this topic:
When the door of happiness closes, another opens, but often times we look so long at the closed door that we don't see the one, which has been opened for us.
The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.
It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.
Giving someone all your love is never an assurance that they'll love you back! Don't expect love in return; just wait for it to grow in their heart but if it doesn't, be content it grew in yours. It takes only a minute to get a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, and a day to love someone, but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.
Don't go for looks; they can deceive. Don't go for wealth; even that fades away. Go for someone who makes you smile because it takes only a smile to make a dark day seem bright. Find the one that makes your heart smile .
There are moments in life when you miss someone so much that you just want to pick them from your dreams and hug them for real!
Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.
May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human, enough hope to make you happy.
Always put yourself in others' shoes. If you feel that it hurts you, it probably hurts the other person, too.
The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.
Happiness lives for those who cry, those who hurt, those who have searched, and those who have tried, for only they can appreciate the importance of people who have touched their lives. Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss and ends with a tear. The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past, you can't go on well in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches.
When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying.
Please voice this message to those people who mean something to you, to those who have touched your life in one way or another, to those who make you smile when you really need it, to those that make you see the brighter side of things when you are really down, to those who you want to let them know that you appreciate their friendship. And if you don't, don't worry, nothing bad will happen to you, you will just miss out on the opportunity to brighten someone's day with this message.
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by AngelaZ(f): 6:30pm On Sep 23, 2005
Dantomi, your poem is highly inspirational. Thank you for it.

Lessons learnt: Is to learn to follow your heart, when you feel like crying, cry, dancing, dance, laughing, laugh, singing, sing etc
afterall there is time for everything, just make sure you express the rthyme of your heart

Jay, If it's time to pay bills, let her work towards paying them, If its singing out and participating in all events, let it be.
If, it will make her happy, its her entitlement.
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by dantomi(m): 12:47pm On Sep 29, 2005
Hello everyone,
I dont know how we can get Stella Damascus-Aboderin to this forum? Can somebody help us out. I think we need to hear her reaction about this issue. He deserve a right to express herself. Seun please try to see if you can go extra length.

Well, thousands of women pass through this same thing. I feel the right advise from this forum can put things right for them all.
I love u all.
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by monister(f): 6:04am On Oct 12, 2005
my father started dating my step-mother like 6 months after my mother's death.. they got married 1.5 years after my mother's death..(they had been married for 13.4 yrs) my dad already had 4 kids from my mom and his current wife has no kids and they have no plans for any... i say diff strokes for diff folks...
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by spicequeen(f): 3:58pm On Oct 21, 2005
Stella doesn't need to dress all in black or carry all those harsh customs on widowhood before the world would know she's truly mourning her late husband! I think if U gals are judging u can stop! How many of us know the number of times or the tears she sheds in the privacy of her house or heart for her late hubby? None! She has kids to take care of and she has to be strong for her kids. What we should do is cheer her not criticise her. I guess cos she's a woman all types of things will be said men go even faster but nothing is usually said. Why?
I beg give her a break none of us is going to help her pay those bills and except her hubby was the richest man on earth, that money will one day get finished. This doesn't she has forgotten her late hubby so soon! smiley
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by kuffy(m): 2:59pm On Oct 31, 2005
Well life poses challenges before us all and the ideal thing for us to do is to leave each day as if it was our last.Stella's husband is dead.She has life ahead of her.Its not until she mourns the man for eternity before we all know that she loved him passionately.He has to move on to serve as an inspiration for her kids.They need to see a vibrant mom.She needs to be up and doing and am happy she has taken that bold step.We need to see more action from her.Am one of her loyal fans and i admire her so much.
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by HalfIjebu(m): 3:52pm On Nov 04, 2005
Abeg...Can we talk about something else...This Stella business don tire me o.Yeah agreed she's pretty,she lost her husband and went straight back to work...Guys pls help me out here: Is it cheaper to be single?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Easiest Way To Get A Date This Season, Starlight And Solo Reviews" / Lil Kesh Takes Over At The Olamide Live In Concert #OLIC4 (video) / Remembering Michael Jackson, 10 Years After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.