Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Tell Me The Religion Of Adam, Etc, The Religion Of Jesus. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tell Me The Religion Of Adam, Etc, The Religion Of Jesus. (7074 Views)

Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus / PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Why Do We Suffer From The Sins Of Adam And Eve? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Me The Religion Of Adam, Etc, The Religion Of Jesus. by Sweetnecta: 7:46pm On Jan 10, 2013
what happened to my post and why is any hidden?

i will not appreciate any hiding of post on this thread, if it is not outright insult on any person.
Re: Tell Me The Religion Of Adam, Etc, The Religion Of Jesus. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 10, 2013
F00028:

I believe God gave us brains for a reason. little wonder He, in the Quran, tells us to think, ponder, reflect, investigate, etc
...so am thinking, if your bible is indeed from Him why would it say e.g this world is flat and standing on pillars? is this not confusion?
lol..mayb u have the wrong bible..you should have quoted the verse of scripture that says that to prove ur point..this is what d bible says:"God is hanging the earth upon nothing"(job26:7) that was about 1473 B.C..the bible accurate statement predated aristotle by over 1100yrs..yet Aristotle views continued to be taught as fact for some 2000 years after his death!..if u go down to prophet isaiah 40:22 "there is One who is dwelling above the circle/globe of the earth" .that was long before voyages of discovery, when men thot that the earth was flat, rigid platform @ the centre of the universe..so u can see that the bible is in harmony with true science wen it deals with scientific matters..but other ancient books regarded as sacred contain scientific myths, inaccuracies, and outright falsehoods.
Re: Tell Me The Religion Of Adam, Etc, The Religion Of Jesus. by onetrack(m): 9:16pm On Jan 10, 2013
Sweetnecta: i think you need a hardhat of a thinking cap. Surah Rum is recited the moment it was revealed, the same exact way it is recited, today. further, it was at least 6 years before the beginning of the war, which its battles, at the end spelled doom of Persia and Rome was victorious. you should at least research it on Google before you are typing this.

your case sir is pitiful. the only time Muhammad [sa] got involved he got it right and persia was doomed. the getting it right was not the matter here. it is the waterloo of the persian that is the litmus. did they fight rome, again? the answer is no. some day the romans will be palestinians an the persian will be the zionists.

every time Muhammad [sa] weighted in on anything, he is on the winning side, exactly as he says it will turn out. Is there a greater average or a better proof of being a prophet as he said he is or a prophet that has a better record on matter? look. abulahab had 10 years to prove Muhammad wrong. all he had to do was to say he was a muslim for a moment and declares that he left islam after that. this he did not do because God has blocked his heart an kept it in kufr, just like pharaoh of the time of Moses. if a person says i will never do something and i wish to prove him a liar, i will just do it and step away from it, right away. a friend wanted to prove that drinking is bad, he dipped his tongue into a glass of wine and he immediately spitted it out say its yawcky. even that could have been enough, especially when everyone was saying to him that his nephew says he will die without ever entering Islam for 10 years before he died.

there is big deal if you think about it. 100% accuracy of prediction is a very big deal. Thats the sign that God is the Director of his statements. or do you know ordinary people with 100% accuracy and his statement is standing all tests of times?

When dajjal is here, constantinople will still be in the hand of Muslims. i hope you get it like that. Muhammad [sa] did not say that constantinople will fall only when dajjal is on earth. when dajjal arrives, constantinople will still be a muslim community.

Some of the hadiths of Muhammad regarding the end of the world:

Narrated Mu’adh ibn Jabal:
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: The flourishing state of Jerusalem will be when Yathrib[Medina] is in ruins, the ruined state of Yathrib will be when the great war comes, the outbreak of the great war will be at the conquest of Constantinople and the conquest of Constantinople when the Dajjal (Antichrist) comes forth. He (the Prophet) struck his thigh or his shoulder with his hand and said: This is as true as you are here or as you are sitting (meaning Mu’adh ibn Jabal).

The conquest of Constantinople was in 1453. Muhammad was wrong.

Narrated Abdullah ibn Busr:
The Prophet said: The time between the great war and the conquest of the city (Constantinople) will be six years, and the Dajjal (Antichrist) will come forth in the seventh.

The Antichrist did not come in 1454 when Muhammad said he would. Wrong again.

Sahih Muslim:
Anas reported that a person asked Allah’s Messenger (p.b.u.h) as to when the Last Hour would come. He had in his presence a young boy of the Ansar who was called Mahammad. Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: If this young boy lives, he may not grow very old till (he would see) the Last Hour coming to you.

So here Muhammad is saying that the last hour would come within this young boy's lifetime, which ended at least 1300 years ago. Wrong again!

I'm not seeing anything here that would show Muhammad to be a prophet.

1 Like

Re: Tell Me The Religion Of Adam, Etc, The Religion Of Jesus. by F00028: 10:47pm On Jan 10, 2013
Bidam: lol..mayb u have the wrong bible..you should have quoted the verse of scripture that says that to prove ur point..this is what d bible says:"God is hanging the earth upon nothing"(job26:7) that was about 1473 B.C...

The earth is flat, has four corners, is standing on pillars that prevent it from shaking, and is immovable:
1 Samuel 2:8, Job 9:6, Job 38:4, Isaiah 11:12, Revelation 7:1, Psalm 93:1, Daniel 4:10-11

the moon is a light source:
In Genesis 1:16, Isaiah 13:10

but the moon doesnt produce light undecided

the rabbit is a rumminant:
Leviticus 11:5-6

the rabbit is a lagomorph and doesnt chew the cud undecided
Re: Tell Me The Religion Of Adam, Etc, The Religion Of Jesus. by Sweetnecta: 12:27am On Jan 11, 2013
after this, i will leave nairaland for the person who cant do but hide posts.

by onetrack: 9:16pm

When dajjal is here, constantinople will still be in the hand of Muslims. i hope you get it like that. Muhammad [sa] did not say that constantinople will fall only when dajjal is on earth. when dajjal arrives, constantinople will still be a muslim community.

Some of the hadiths of Muhammad regarding the end of the world:

Narrated Mu’adh ibn Jabal:
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: The flourishing state of Jerusalem will be when Yathrib[Medina] is in ruins, the ruined state of Yathrib will be when the great war comes, the outbreak of the great war will be at the conquest of Constantinople and the conquest of Constantinople when the Dajjal (Antichrist) comes forth. He (the Prophet) struck his thigh or his shoulder with his hand and said: This is as true as you are here or as you are sitting (meaning Mu’adh ibn Jabal).

The conquest of Constantinople was in 1453. Muhammad was wrong.

Narrated Abdullah ibn Busr:
The Prophet said: The time between the great war and the conquest of the city (Constantinople) will be six years, and the Dajjal (Antichrist) will come forth in the seventh.

The Antichrist did not come in 1454 when Muhammad said he would. Wrong again.

Sahih Muslim:
Anas reported that a person asked Allah’s Messenger (p.b.u.h) as to when the Last Hour would come. He had in his presence a young boy of the Ansar who was called Mahammad. Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: If this young boy lives, he may not grow very old till (he would see) the Last Hour coming to you.

So here Muhammad is saying that the last hour would come within this young boy's lifetime, which ended at least 1300 years ago. Wrong again!

'm not seeing anything here that would show Muhammad to be a prophet.
when i read the hadith you presented, my brain was able to register the fact that all of the signs have not happened, except the fact that constantinople has became a land of muslims. if the conquering of constantinople is what is sticking your throat, then you do not know what will happen in the future. maybe constantinople will fall into the hands of non muslism. or islam will be so weak in this land that it will be that their returning into Islam, is like conquering it.

this returning to it will be therefore at the end of time, when dajjal will be appearing. look, who would have thought there will be a country known as saudi arabia? and others? who would have thought that kalifah will move from the hands of arabs to turks? stick around till the last day and see if the hadith is not 100% correct.

who knows how many time constantinople will fall into the hands of the enemy before Islam finally capture it for the last time? you must have heard that those who do not learn from the past may definitely repeat the 'mistake' of that era? many turks left islam so much so you will think islam will not return there, until just the past decade. who know what will happen now that they wanna be part of the eu? who knows.

The First Battle

His first battle will be against the tribe of Kalb. A short period after the eminent saints of Syria and Iraq have sworn allegiance; a man from the Quraish will rise whose maternal uncle's belong to the Kalb tribe and he will send an army to fight Imaam Mahdi. However this army will be overcome and defeated. This will be his first victory.
Back to content
The Great War

(The author of al-Isha'ah has mentioned that this battle will take place in Imam Mahdi's time).
Imam Mahdi will have to fight many battles, the most important and difficult being the battle against the Christians in which a large number of Muslims will be martyred.

' Yusayr bin Jabir said, "A red sandstorm erupted in the city of Kufah. Afterwards, a man came shouting and repeating the same words, 'O Abdullah bin Mas'ud! The hour has come.' He (Yusayr) then said that he sat up after he was leaning (on his side) and said, ''The hour will not arrive until no inheritance will be divided and no war possessions will bring about satisfaction. ''He pointed with his hands towards Ash-Sham saying, ''An enemy will gather its forces against the followers of Islam.''I said, ''Do you mean Ar-Rum? He said ''Yes.''Then, during this war, fierce fighting will occur. Muslim will ask for a volunteer expedition that will vie to die or return victorious. They will fight until the night separates them. Both sides will return to their camps not yet victorious and the expedition will perish. . . .

Conquest of Constantinople

The great war between the Christians and Muslims will result in the Muslims conquering Constantinople (which is modern day Istanbul) without army by the sheer force of Takbeer (Allahu Akbar).
Abu Hurairah reports that the Prophet Peace and blessings be upon him said, ''Have you heard of a town of which a part is in the sea?''
''Yes'' said they. He said: 'The last hour shall not occur till 70,000 of the children of Isaac shall attack it. When they come to it, they (Muslims) will not fight with arms, nor throw arrows. They will only say: There is no god but Allah, Allah is the greatest, and then on of its sides will fall down. They will recite for the second time : there is no god but Allah, Allah is the greatest, and then another of its side will fall down. After that they will say it for the third time: there is no god but Allah and Allah is the greatest, and then it will be opened for them and they will enter and acquire booty. While they will be dividing the booty, a proclaimer will come to them and proclaim: 'Verily Dajjal has come out. 'Then they will leave everything and return. ' (Muslim)
Major Signs before the Day of Judgement (Qiyamah)
www.inter-islam.org/faith/Majorsigns.html
Re: Tell Me The Religion Of Adam, Etc, The Religion Of Jesus. by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 11, 2013
F00028:

The earth is flat, has four corners, is standing on pillars that prevent it from shaking, and is immovable:
1 Samuel 2:8, Job 9:6, Job 38:4, Isaiah 11:12, Revelation 7:1, Psalm 93:1, Daniel 4:10-11

the moon is a light source:
In Genesis 1:16, Isaiah 13:10

but the moon doesnt produce light undecided

the rabbit is a rumminant:
Leviticus 11:5-6

the rabbit is a lagomorph and doesnt chew the cud undecided
1sam 2:8 never said the earth was flat which makes u a liar..let me quote it for u and others to see:" He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the needy from the ash heap"....there is no connection btw this verse of scripture and our discussion..as for the other scriptural quotations they are allegorical statements(the natural man can't comprehend the things of the Spirit for they are foolishness to him)..thats why i said earlier that u need the Holy Spirit to understand spiritual things..rev 7:1 u quoted talks about angelic spheres of influences in spiritual realms which typifies the northpole, the southpole,the east and westpole..it doesn't mean the earth is four cornered(na wa 4 u.lol)..ps 93:1.world here is talking about creation e.g the sun, stars,planets,galaxies etc and not only the earth as you erroneously thot..God rulership over creation is firmly established for all eternity..even ur quran acknowleges God as a supreme ruler no question abt dat. Dan4:10-11..talks about a dream nebuchadnezzer had..u quoted it out of context..u nid to understand that daniel interpreted the dream..abi u neva dream say lion dey pursue u? Does that makes it reality? The Gen1:16 says..2 lights..we know d moon has illuminous light and d sun is a luminous object..but look at it this way, without proper position..d moon will have no light..the moon is just a reflection of the sun(the source of light) and it indeed has light..dats why we have day and night..the point is God created the moon(lesser light) and the Sun(greater Light). Isaiah 13:10 was a prophecy against babylon..u also quoted it out of context.."stars of heaven and their constellations will not show their light may mean a day of gloom and wrath..it may also mean an eclipse..but my point is u need to understand prophetic insights before u can explain a verse like that. Rabbits eat grass and they do regurgitate by peristalsis movement of their oesophagus in order to reingest wat they've already eaten so i have no problem with the bible saying the rabbits chew cuds..its not only ruminants that chew cud..and the bible did NOT SAY A RABBIT IS A RUMINANT ANIMAL.
Re: Tell Me The Religion Of Adam, Etc, The Religion Of Jesus. by onetrack(m): 9:22am On Jan 11, 2013
Sweetnecta: after this, i will leave nairaland for the person who cant do but hide posts.

when i read the hadith you presented, my brain was able to register the fact that all of the signs have not happened, except the fact that constantinople has became a land of muslims. if the conquering of constantinople is what is sticking your throat, then you do not know what will happen in the future. maybe constantinople will fall into the hands of non muslism. or islam will be so weak in this land that it will be that their returning into Islam, is like conquering it.

this returning to it will be therefore at the end of time, when dajjal will be appearing. look, who would have thought there will be a country known as saudi arabia? and others? who would have thought that kalifah will move from the hands of arabs to turks? stick around till the last day and see if the hadith is not 100% correct.

who knows how many time constantinople will fall into the hands of the enemy before Islam finally capture it for the last time? you must have heard that those who do not learn from the past may definitely repeat the 'mistake' of that era? many turks left islam so much so you will think islam will not return there, until just the past decade. who know what will happen now that they wanna be part of the eu? who knows.

Major Signs before the Day of Judgement (Qiyamah)
www.inter-islam.org/faith/Majorsigns.html

This illustrates why it is useless to talk about predictions: they are vague enough that anyone can find whatever they want in order to confirm what they believe.
Re: Tell Me The Religion Of Adam, Etc, The Religion Of Jesus. by F00028: 12:23pm On Jan 11, 2013
Bidam: 1sam 2:8 never said the earth was flat which makes u a liar..let me quote it for u and others to see...
This is what I said the bible teaches:
The earth is
a- flat,
b- has four corners, and
c- is standing on pillars:

1 Samuel 2:8 -PILLARS
Isaiah 11:12 -FOUR CORNERS
Daniel 4:10-11- FLAT EARTH

Genesis1:16 & Isaiah 13:10 both say that the moon is a source of light.

It is not. besides if the moon was even a lesser sun the astronauts couldnt land on it.

Bidam: ..its not only ruminants that chew cud..
Really?
Re: Tell Me The Religion Of Adam, Etc, The Religion Of Jesus. by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:36pm On Jan 11, 2013
Sweetnecta:

here comes the comic. man has two fathers; Adam the original father of all, then Noah for man after the flood. Jesus is no Adam, you darn storyteller.

Storyteller indeed. grin grin grin If Adam is the original father of Noah and all others, who then is the original father of Jesus, according to your story book?

Sweetnecta:

please keep your comic strip to yourself. and your fake year away from my face.

I can understand the disgust at the New Year celebrations by Muslims and Atheists, why is the Islamic New Year different? Does the year 2013 AD scare the "hell" out of you? grin

Re: Tell Me The Religion Of Adam, Etc, The Religion Of Jesus. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 11, 2013
F00028:
This is what I said the bible teaches:
The earth is
a- flat,
b- has four corners, and
c- is standing on pillars:

1 Samuel 2:8 -PILLARS
Isaiah 11:12 -FOUR CORNERS
Daniel 4:10-11- FLAT EARTH

Genesis1:16 & Isaiah 13:10 both say that the moon is a source of light.

It is not. besides if the moon was even a lesser sun the astronauts couldnt land on it.

Really?
i have answered the other post quite clearly and succinctly..it's like we are going round in circle..u can hold on to your beliefs..it doesn't change the accuracy of the Bible...as for the rabbit take a look at this the Hebrew phrase for ‘chew the cud’ simply means ‘raising up what has been swallowed’. Coneys and rabbits go through such similar motions to ruminants that Linnaeus, the father of modern classification (and a creationist), at first classified them as ruminants. Also, rabbits and hares practice refection, which is essentially the same principle as rumination, and does indeed ‘raise up what has been swallowed’. The food goes right through the rabbit and is passed out as a special type of dropping. These are re-eaten, and can now nourish the rabbit as they have already been partly digested.

It is not an error of Scripture that ‘chewing the cud’ now has a more restrictive meaning than it did in Moses’ day. Indeed, rabbits and hares do ‘chew the cud’ in an even more specific sense. Once again, the Bible is right and the skeptics are wrong.
Re: Tell Me The Religion Of Adam, Etc, The Religion Of Jesus. by F00028: 2:30pm On Jan 11, 2013
@OLAADEGBU
WHERE IS HE?

Re: Tell Me The Religion Of Adam, Etc, The Religion Of Jesus. by plappville(f): 2:46pm On Jan 11, 2013
@sweetnectar: you racca. you adulterous generation. you snakes. is that getting to you? how about buy swords upn selling everything you own? i wonder if a person intends to live will sell his properties and purchase a weapon?

Are you going against the Quran that says Jesus did not sin? or you just want to make a point out of nothing? See what the Quran says.... grin grin
(Surah 19:19) I am only a messenger of your Lord, to announce to you a faultless/sinless/pure son.

Now lets see the sword events that you hold so strong..haha!

(Luke 22:35-38 Then Jesus asked them, "When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?" "Nothing," they answered. He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. It is written: `And he was numbered with the transgressors' ; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment." The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two swords." "That is enough," he replied.)
The problem you are having is that you look at this Bible passage on its own without comparing it to the rest of the Bible, in this particular case, the narrative continues later that night: when Peter used a sword, Jesus rebuked him for doing so. A rebuke is recorded in three of the four gospels: (Matthew 26:52 '"Put your sword back in its place,"wink Jesus said to him, ("for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.),Luke 22:51) ('But Jesus answered, "No more of this!" And he touched the man's ear and healed him.'), and John 18:11 ('Jesus commanded Peter, "Put your sword away! Shall I not drink the cup the Father has given me?"'). Mark does not record a rebuke, but does note that while one disciple used a sword, Jesus allowed himself to be arrested peacefully (implying that he disagreed with the use of force).

Two swords were not enough to defend Jesus and the eleven remaining apostles. Why then did Jesus say 'That is enough'?
Jesus ties the use of the sword to the Scripture being fulfilled ('And he was numbered with the transgressors').
So does the use of the sword only refer to this present occasion, when Jesus was to be arrested like a criminal?
On the other hand, there was not time for them to sell their cloak and buy a sword, suggesting Jesus was looking towards the future.
If Jesus was telling them to have a sword handy (for self defense), as they went into the world preaching the gospel, why then
do Acts and the epistles consistently show the disciples accepting persecution peacefully

Jesus' words was symbolic or metaphorical. He was not really telling them to buy or use swords.
He was simply using the metaphor of a sword to describe the current crisis. But the disciples took his words literally('"See, Lord, here are two swords"'), Jesus simply drops the subject by saying "'That is enough"'.
You may agree or not, it stands that There is no where did the scripture says while the apostles where pesecuted they did fought back, they understood when Jesus "touched the man's ear and healed him".

@sweetnecter:which is the gospel of Jesus? i could easily laugh here. but i will not because the salt on the wound is enough..

The same Gospel you decide to steal some of its word to fits in Muhammed?, if the food is poisonous, why eat a part of it and condemn the rest? does this make any sense to you muslims? The bible is curropted, yet you use it to validate Muhammed as the PROMISED COMFORTER....better start using your tongue to count your teeth.

@sweetnecter: and human keep sakes as pets. feeding and caring for it. snake is used to control rodents. well not all snakes bite or poisonous. not all humans kill snakes. see how terrible the bible missed the mark? i guess guess work no be good answer,)

The snake that came to Eve did not come to kill her instantly, but to distroy the relationship between man and God.
And He succeeded. Men who keep snakes as pets are Pagans. Snake as an animal is a symbolic of Satan.
Just like Egypt is a symbolic of sin. Take it or you leave it

@SWEETNECTA: your pastor need to go to "thinking school". There are babies born without fathers, today.)

What has my pastor got to do with this? No child is born without a father, You can't prove that. You are denying ur quran because it
also recognise the vision to Mary and the virgin-birth of Jesus in two passages. Surah 3:45-47 and Surah 19:16-22.
The quran points out Jesus unique birth you are here comparing it...i laugh at your despiration...hahahaha

@sweetnecta: the same satan who the bible recorded to have said to Jesus the world was given to him? bold enough to tell Jesus to worship him, etc, etc? you believe in fairytale. satan is still alive. i guess the head of the evil one was not struck hard. anyways.)

You have alot to learn ma broda...hahaha, Jesus defeated death, and He will finally put Satan to cease to exist on the last day. (Rev.20:7-10 )

@sweetnectar: ELijah did not die. who is greater? melchizdek did not die. who is greater?
Did you believe they did not? and yet you accused the bible to be corrupt? You kuran made it clear to you, Jesus is unique, it is left for you to know who is greater or who is not.

@sweetnecter: did John son of Zacharia sinned? what was his sin or that of his father?
You answer yourself!

@sweetnectar; and who was between God and melchizdek?

If you truelly love God you will learn not to take all words in the bible literally.
Check the Characteristics of Jesus and Melchizedek then you will know the answer to ur question is in the Bible.

Melchizedek: "Without father or mother, without genealogy, without beginning of days or end of life, like the Son of God he remains a priest forever." (Heb. 7:3)

Jesus: "The beginning of the gospel about Jesus Christ, the Son of God." (Mark 1:1)

They both are Kings of Righteousness, Kings of Peace, High Priests of God, Appointed by God, Eternal ones, Association with Abraham, Anointed ones etc etc ((Gen 14:18)(Psalm 110:4) (Heb. 5:6)...help urself by studying the bible with open mind!

@sweetnecta: is there a reason someone will die for Abraham the father of faith? what reason will Moses have anyone to die for him when God is talking to him, directly?

Christ dieing and taking away our sins was foretold by prophets of the Old. Isaiah 53:11 After the suffering of his soul, he will see the light [of life] and be satisfied; by his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many, and he will bear their iniquities. You can say Prophet Isaiah is fraud if you want
But this is accurate with the New Testament concerning Christ death for mankind.
If you are not satisfied with this truth, you should question God, why didn't you (God) send Christ during Moses time..... grin grin
And mind you, when God talk to Abraham or Moses, there were withnesses, not like Muhammed the dreamer, Or the should i say the fabricator of revelations!

@WEETNECTA; i communicate with God, directly and i have no need of Jesus for anything.
I am doing fine. my needs are met by Allah.

Nothing new in "Allah" metting your needs, of course people who worship the OGUN, (god of iron), Buddhism, IROKO TREE, Hindus, etc are all prospered by thier gods too.
what makes yours different? Physical prosperity is no proof of the Most high God of Israel.

@sweetnecta: Biblical God is consistent. in OT He is 1. in NT He is reported to be father, son and ghost.

The Bible did not teach three Gods but one God. Right from the Old Testament, no where do we see that God is Three in One.
This is why i told someone here that Christianity is not a religion. Religion is a teaching and a tradition. Handed down through the generations.
Hence the Triune God doctrine. Christianity is a way of life given to us by the Lord Jesus Christ Himself. It's a means to cleanse our thoughts and hearts.
It’s a means to bring us to the feet of Christ. It’s a means to make requests through Christ that only our heavenly Father can answer.

Jesus gave this examples, He never claimed to be God Himself, He always need God in everything He does. This is enough for a prove that He is not God.
Jesus made it plain here:

(Luke 10:27 He answered: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"wink In referrance to the OT:( Deuteronomy 6:5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.) and (Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.) What did Jesus change friend? If you read very well the bible, you will see that Jesus always qoute the Scripture when answering questions. Try to be fare enough sir!

@sweetnecter: only in the bible do you find this type of craze.

Thesame bible that Muhammed copied from by ending up in contradicting Himself?

@sweetnecter: and there we read that another comforter will come to guide to all things.
what he will hear from God he will say in his guiding to all truth. is that like Jesus finished, everything?

Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

When did the Holy spirit become a man that forth several wars and married plenty wives including a 9yrs old child?

Acts 2:1 When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place.

Acts 2:4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.
Mohammed was not born yet...the promise was already fulfilled. This same day Christ church was born. Get this facts mr sweetnectar!

John 16:7 But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the comforter will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.

The comforter would have come 600yrs later, then the Gospel would have been dead, because the Apostles wouldn't have gotten the physical strenght to spread the Gospel as they did.
Jesus sent them the comforter just after He left for His Father.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Was Muhammed sent through Jesus name? no, Muhammed contradicted Jesus all through in the Quran. He has not guided anything but distroy things.

My words is this: If the bible is not a true word of God, why then should He copy it and made it look like An angel gave him Revelation?
If the bible is corrupted, why still select some books to validate His claims?
If the Bible is fraud, why not leave the Bible prophets alone? why tagging them to a religion set by a mere man?
They where all before the birth of Islam, none of them got the revelation from God that they are Muslims, only Muhammed did God now reveal this to?. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Tell Me The Religion Of Adam, Etc, The Religion Of Jesus. by F00028: 2:47pm On Jan 11, 2013
Bidam: i have answered the other post quite clearly and succinctly..it's like we are going round in circle..

I hate circles too.

what about this:

"According to the Bible, our brother mammal, the bat, is a bird. This one has been debated through e-mail quite a bit, but if one looks in Leviticus 11:13 a list of Fowls is
started, and the Bat is included in this list in Leviticus 11:19"

"The locust, grasshopper, and beetle all have four feet according to Leviticus 11:22 , then in the next verse, it mentions a group of flying animals with four feet. I can't think of any."
Re: Tell Me The Religion Of Adam, Etc, The Religion Of Jesus. by TheClown: 3:08pm On Jan 11, 2013
Muhammed isn't and never was a prophet of God!

2 Likes

Re: Tell Me The Religion Of Adam, Etc, The Religion Of Jesus. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 11, 2013
The Clown: Muhammed isn't and never was a prophet of God!
no...he is but a false one..u no see say he get followers
Re: Tell Me The Religion Of Adam, Etc, The Religion Of Jesus. by F00028: 5:01pm On Jan 11, 2013
@bidam, the clown
if Muhammad (pbuh) was false a prophet how come it is not his book but your bible that is full of internal contradictions, scientific absurdities, historical inaccuracies, incomprehensible doctrines, racist ideologies,even pornography?
undecided
Re: Tell Me The Religion Of Adam, Etc, The Religion Of Jesus. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 11, 2013
F00028: @bidam, the clown
if Muhammad (pbuh) was false a prophet how come it is not his book but your bible that is full of internal contradictions, scientific absurdities, historical inaccuracies, incomprehensible doctrines, racist ideologies,even pornography?
undecided
funny you should call me dat..if someone doesn't accept ur views dis is wat u resort to..oya no vex..hope ur blood no dey boil sha cos from ur post i know if u see me na murder go be the next thing for ur mind..take it eazy..i have not replied ur post yet am coming to that..i was just respondin(my opinions..and i think am entitled to it)to my broda's post ok..wen sweetnecta was insulting paul the Apostle no one said anything..so abeg take am Eazy...lol
Re: Tell Me The Religion Of Adam, Etc, The Religion Of Jesus. by plappville(f): 5:22pm On Jan 11, 2013
Bidam: no...he is but a false one..u no see say he get followers
Bros a false prophet cannot be God' prophet at the first place because God is not false...!
A false prophet is one who pretend to be a true prophet of God. That is exactly what Muhammed did, and he succeeded by gaining followers!
Re: Tell Me The Religion Of Adam, Etc, The Religion Of Jesus. by F00028: 5:40pm On Jan 11, 2013
Bidam: funny you should call me dat..if someone doesn't accept ur views dis is wat u resort to..oya no vex..hope ur blood no dey boil sha cos from ur post i know if u see me na murder go be the next thing for ur mind..take it eazy..i have not replied ur post yet am coming to that..i was just respondin(my opinions..and i think am entitled to it)to my broda's post ok..wen sweetnecta was insulting paul the Apostle no one said anything..so abeg take am Eazy...lol

lol...
I meant @Bidam, @The Clown
I was addressing the question to both y'all
no vex.
Re: Tell Me The Religion Of Adam, Etc, The Religion Of Jesus. by DanielNoble(m): 10:59am On Jan 12, 2013
In Antioch the Believers were first called christians,Antioch people called them christians cos of their way of life which is Christlike! They didnt name themselves christians but the antioch people did. Am trying to say christianity is more than a religion,its a relationship with God through Christ.we shouldnt be under the word christianity but we should be christlike in faith. We should live and act upon the Word Christ taught so that people will know us as christians by our attitude not just by name. WE ARE NOT OBSESSED ABOUT THE NAME CHRISTIANITY,WE ARE ONLY WORKING ON THE TEACHING OF CHRIST.

1 Like

Re: Tell Me The Religion Of Adam, Etc, The Religion Of Jesus. by plappville(f): 6:09pm On Jan 12, 2013
DanielNoble: In Antioch the Believers were first called christians,Antioch people called them christians cos of their way of life which is Christlike! They didnt name themselves christians but the antioch people did. Am trying to say christianity is more than a religion,its a relationship with God through Christ.we shouldnt be under the word christianity but we should be christlike in faith. We should live and act upon the Word Christ taught so that people will know us as christians by our attitude not just by name. WE ARE NOT OBSESSED ABOUT THE NAME CHRISTIANITY,WE ARE ONLY WORKING ON THE TEACHING OF CHRIST.

Very correct of you, it was the unbeliever that called them Christian. Because they practice Christ way of life.Its completely not a religion.
There is constant bickering in Religion where there is only love amongst believers in Christ (Christians).
Just as the church of Christ is not a building. It is a way of life by putting in full the teachings of Jesus.

The church is the people who practice those teachings. It is not sitting in church or following the laws set in the church that makes one a Christian.
But by practicing Jesus' teachings that makes him/her a Christian. Religion works from the outside in, and attempt to perfect the flesh.
whereas, Christianity works from the inside out through the helper/comforter of which is the Holy Spirit.

Acts 11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch

Acts 26:28 Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.

When Christ is seen in someone, He/She is called a Christian.

1 Like

Re: Tell Me The Religion Of Adam, Etc, The Religion Of Jesus. by DanielNoble(m): 6:58pm On Jan 12, 2013
plappville:

Very correct of you, it was the unbeliever that called them Christian. Because they practice Christ way of life.Its completely not a religion.
There is constant bickering in Religion where there is only love amongst believers in Christ (Christians).
Just as the church of Christ is not a building. It is a way of life by putting in full the teachings of Jesus.

The church is the people who practice those teachings. It is not sitting in church or following the laws set in the church that makes one a Christian.
But by practicing Jesus' teachings that makes him/her a Christian. Religion works from the outside in, and attempt to perfect the flesh.
whereas, Christianity works from the inside out through the helper/comforter of which is the Holy Spirit.

Acts 11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch

Acts 26:28 Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.

When Christ is seen in someone, He/She is called a Christian.
thanks bro... People should know its not only about the name Christianity but Living according to the teachings of Christ... All this arguement is irrelevant.the question is are we Christlike? How is our effort in trying to know Christ better?...
Re: Tell Me The Religion Of Adam, Etc, The Religion Of Jesus. by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 12, 2013
DanielNoble: thanks bro... People should know its not only about the name Christianity but Living according to the teachings of Christ... All this arguement is irrelevant.the question is are we Christlike? How is our effort in trying to know Christ better?...
bros....na correct babe you dey call bro....na wa 4 u o..lol
Re: Tell Me The Religion Of Adam, Etc, The Religion Of Jesus. by plappville(f): 11:19pm On Jan 12, 2013
DanielNoble: thanks bro... People should know its not only about the name Christianity but Living according to the teachings of Christ... All this arguement is irrelevant.the question is are we Christlike? How is our effort in trying to know Christ better?...

I be sisi ooo... grin

Well, you are still speaking the truth. I trust there are still few that do practice Christ teachings.... We hope they continue and never give rooms to men traditions.

Some times, its hard to resist the OP, He always want to make points out of nothing.
I think arguing with Him is a wast of precious time. You are on point.
Re: Tell Me The Religion Of Adam, Etc, The Religion Of Jesus. by plappville(f): 11:21pm On Jan 12, 2013
Bidam: bros....na correct babe you dey call bro....na wa 4 u o..lol

I see, you sabi me welwel...grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tell Me The Religion Of Adam, Etc, The Religion Of Jesus. by DanielNoble(m): 7:05am On Jan 13, 2013
plappville:

I be sisi ooo... grin

Well, you are still speaking the truth. I trust there are still few that do practice Christ teachings.... We hope they continue and never give rooms to men traditions.

Some times, its hard to resist the OP, He always want to make points out of nothing.
I think arguing with Him is a wast of precious time. You are on point.
oooh...forgive me o! I no even check well i just begin reply.na becos our comments dey in Line so i just flow...! Sorry ma!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships? / Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches / Copy And Paste This On ALL Muslim Stories! Flood Them With The Truth!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.