Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,229 members, 7,807,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? (7983 Views)

What Has Jonathan Done For The Yoruba People / What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? / What Has Jonathan's Administration Achieved In One Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by nibeachu(m): 5:28pm On Jan 09, 2013
GARRI (x7):
Below are some campaign promises of Goodluck Jonathan in 2011. How far has he come in attempting to fulfill them?

http://www.theinfostrides.com/index.php/topic,74928.0.html

http://ogala./2011/11/18/president-goodluck-jonathans-91-campaign-promises-help-identify-those-he-has-delivered/

I think u should be doing something else instead of wasting ur time trying to rubbish a man dat is trying very much for his country...
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by Truckpusher(m): 5:29pm On Jan 09, 2013
sydneyobioha: Better laugh out ur sorrow bro
leave them alone they are potential high blood pressure patient after 2015
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by bright007(f): 5:31pm On Jan 09, 2013
He promised to end the Boko haram menace by June 2012..
Its like June 2012 has not elapsed in GEJ's calender!

1 Like

Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by hassey(m): 5:32pm On Jan 09, 2013
sydneyobioha: He kept his promise on Job creation.. I am one of d benefactor of Youwin initiative.. My cosmetic factory is going to employ not less than 3graduates and 6 O'level holders excluding d security men.. So u can multiply dis figure by 1200 Nigerians that benefitted also?
PDP agent!
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 09, 2013
sydneyobioha:

D fact is that u are either boko haramist or anti-GEJ.. Youwin initiative is far different from SURE-P, Okay? Ask Google and get back at me..

You are very daft and petty. Because the guy criticized Jonathan now made him either boko haramist or anti GEJ. You need to head examined.
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by erayo2GCA(m): 5:36pm On Jan 09, 2013
we go vote the dea.d man out of office in 2015..we in south south no even benefit anytin u dey talk of Nigeria
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by AVWENAGHA: 5:37pm On Jan 09, 2013
As i won tk no?
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by victorD3: 5:39pm On Jan 09, 2013
He promised he won't give a dame and he didn't.
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by muredo(m): 5:43pm On Jan 09, 2013
If Nigerian give him 50 good solid years,he cant realised those promises as long as CORRUPTION AND PDP IS STILL VERY MUCH ALIVE,those promises is beyond his reach,even OBAMA cant say that
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by Fhemmmy: 5:49pm On Jan 09, 2013
sydneyobioha: He kept his promise on Job creation.. I am one of d benefactor of Youwin initiative.. My cosmetic factory is going to employ not less than 3graduates and 6 O'level holders excluding d security men.. So u can multiply dis figure by 1200 Nigerians that benefitted also?

Show us the pix of the factory, tell us more about the factory and mind you it is easy to employ in Nigeria where you pay them almost nothing and what you pay them wont be enuf to take them to work and that is if they are paid at all. . .
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by GARRIx7(m): 5:51pm On Jan 09, 2013
nibeachu:

I think u should be doing something else instead of wasting ur time trying to rubbish a man dat is trying very much for his country...

Are you normal? Can you read?

If you can read, go through the article to see the promises GEJ made, then come back here and tell me how many he has fulfilled. If you don't come back, then you'D have confirmed my opinion that you're a dullard with a PAP-filled brain....
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by Fhemmmy: 5:53pm On Jan 09, 2013
GARRI (x7):

Are you normal? Can you read?

If you can read, go through the article to see the promises GEJ made, then come back here and tell me how many he has fulfilled. If you don't come back, then you'D have confirmed my opinion that you're a dullatd with a PAP-filled brain....

Take am easy oh
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by Tonex(m): 5:59pm On Jan 09, 2013
Garri * 7 is on point. Rather than people defending GEJ, just address if he has fulfilled any of his promises or not
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by gudnex22(m): 6:38pm On Jan 09, 2013
why not use you time to do better things than talking about Jonathan and Fashola.
This forum is not what it used to be. Only God know how much i hate this forum. SHM
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by kutchs: 6:42pm On Jan 09, 2013
hassey: PDP agent!
yes anyone that says something in favour of the govt has to be a PDP agent but those who curse and abuse unnecessarily are patroitic. He/she has told u that he‘s a beneficiary of the YOUWIN project and where his factory is located, what a sane person would do is go check it out. Go to nafdac and cac and check the veracity of his claim, go to owerri and ask for a factory with such name.
Ranting here wont do you anygood, btw am a beneficiary of his intervention in the education sector as I now work with one of the newly established fed universities.
So many pple have been employed in those unis both directly and indirectly and more will still be employed.
Now u get what I mean.
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by GARRIx7(m): 6:49pm On Jan 09, 2013
gudnex22: why not use you time to do better things than talking about Jonathan and Fashola.
This forum is not what it used to be. Only God know how much i hate this forum. SHM

Are you lost?? What else should we talk about?? This is POLITICS SECTION and its meant to discuss about politics.
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by GARRIx7(m): 6:54pm On Jan 09, 2013
kutchs: am a beneficiary of his intervention in the education sector as I now work with one of the newly established fed universities.
So many pple have been employed in those unis both directly and indirectly and more will still be employed.
Now u get what I mean.
Congrats on your employment.

However the aim of this thread is to discuss how far GEJ has gone with regards to his campaign promises. NOBODY is asking for YOUR PERSONAL TESTIMONY.

Read the topic and tell us any of the promise there that has or that is currently being fulfilled by GEJ...

Congrats once again!!
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by kutchs: 7:12pm On Jan 09, 2013
GARRI (x7):

Congrats on your employment.

However the aim of this thread is to discuss how far GEJ has gone with regards to his campaign promises. NOBODY is asking for YOUR PERSONAL TESTIMONY.

Read the topic and tell us any of the promise there that has or that is currently being fulfilled by GEJ...

Congrats once again!!
Tell me what better way to discuss this if not 2gh personal testimony as u call it. Whatever anyone says here is personal and subjective at best so dont rule out personal testimonies.
It‘s so unfortunate that pple open threads and expect all to conform to their thought patterns, u dont have to tell pple what to say and not say cos ur view is not indubitable.
Pple rate their govts 2gh personal testimonies, pple vote govt 2gh what they perceive the govt possesses or lacks. Such indices of measurement are all subjective.
Well I know u want to hear from fellow attack dogs like Demdem and co and not from pple like us, go ahead enjoy ur thread but be informed many know the truth.
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by mu2sa2: 7:38pm On Jan 09, 2013
Okija_juju: [size=20pt]HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU PAID YOUR TAXES....... angry angry angry [/size]
People dont want to pay tax in nigeria because they know that politicians will embezzle the money.
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by najoke: 7:49pm On Jan 09, 2013
nibeachu:

I think u shld get d F#@ck out of here
Na by force to come Nairaland
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by earthgreeners(m): 7:52pm On Jan 09, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Show us the pix of the factory, tell us more about the factory and mind you it is easy to employ in Nigeria where you pay them almost nothing and what you pay them wont be enuf to take them to work and that is if they are paid at all. . .

@Fhemmmy, no mind the Fool..... he is unemployed, I know him well. He is just one of the ethnic bigots...na my brother mentality
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by earthgreeners(m): 7:56pm On Jan 09, 2013
kutchs: yes anyone that says something in favour of the govt has to be a PDP agent but those who curse and abuse unnecessarily are patroitic. He/she has told u that he‘s a beneficiary of the YOUWIN project and where his factory is located, what a sane person would do is go check it out. Go to nafdac and cac and check the veracity of his claim, go to owerri and ask for a factory with such name.
Ranting here wont do you anygood, btw am a beneficiary of his intervention in the education sector as I now work with one of the newly established fed universities.
Now u get what I mean.

Bros u are a bloody Liar
.....you are only trying to defend the retardeen......whatz ur qualification?
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by kutchs: 8:41pm On Jan 09, 2013
earthgreeners:

Bros u are a bloody Liar
.....you are only trying to defend the retardeen......whatz ur qualification?
I know am not supposed to reply this but we‘re not mates academically ok.
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by elrony(m): 8:44pm On Jan 09, 2013
So much 4 FRESH AIR....*puts on oxygen mask angrily*
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by Olayinkaoj(m): 9:16pm On Jan 09, 2013
None
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by jonnex: 9:25pm On Jan 09, 2013
Empty promises.
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by Mandelaguy(m): 9:33pm On Jan 09, 2013
If we compare all the indices on ground with the level of sabotage this GEJ government is facing, he is still the best Naija has got through past and present leaders and he is quietly delivering on his promises.
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by Jaideyone(m): 9:43pm On Jan 09, 2013
gudnex22: why not use you time to do better things than talking about Jonathan and Fashola.
mumu this forum is here so Nigerian youths like you and i can talk about our country and look for ways to move it forward. If we don't talk about GEJ and Fashola (our leaders) then what should we talk about? The weather? Music? Romance? Fo*l
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by Jaideyone(m): 9:45pm On Jan 09, 2013
kutchs: yes anyone that says something in favour of the govt has to be a PDP agent but those who curse and abuse unnecessarily are patroitic. He/she has told u that he‘s a beneficiary of the YOUWIN project and where his factory is located, what a sane person would do is go check it out. Go to nafdac and cac and check the veracity of his claim, go to owerri and ask for a factory with such name.
Now u get what I mean.
ode it still doesn't change the fact that GEJ 370000 jobs but less that 10,000 has been created in one year. Do we have to give GEJ 37 years to fufill that promise
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 09, 2013
I know this thread was opened for mischief and for the mischief makers to have swell time in LIES and propaganda. However, I will prove CONCLUSIVELY to every fair minded person (and spoil the party for mischief makers) that GEJ makes promises like other politicians but the DIFFERENCE is that he FULFILS most of his promises.

I will reproduce some of the promises as listed by @Op, then show CONCLUSIVE evidence of it being fulfilled (NOTE: the govt is still less than 2yrs old):

1) "In Lafia, Nasarawa State on 7th February 2011 at the North Central Zone launching of his campaign, Jonathan promised to end chronic power shortages"

FULFILMENT: It was announced recently that power generation peaked at 4,500MW. Also, yesterday a thread was opened to survey power improvement nationwide and the VERDICT was clear for all to see.
https://www.nairaland.com/1155543/what-present-state-electricity-city
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/112442-nigeria-power-generation-hits-4500mw.html

2) Still in Lafia Nasarawa, "He guaranteed a university in every state"

FULFILMENT: 9 new federal universities has been created. They are being built and in fact some of then have COMPLETED the construction of major infrastructure, properly equipped and already COMMENCED operation.
http://prnigeria.com/2012/08/08/federal-university-kashere-holds-maiden-matriculation/
http://www.fulokoja.edu.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=38

In addition, only today, the federal executive council approved 3 more BRAND NEW federal universities for 3 northern states: Yobe, Zamfara and
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/fg-approves-three-varsities-for-yobe-kebbi-zamfara/

3) Still in Lafia, Nasarawa, GEJ promised to create a "Sovereign Wealth Fund"

FULFILMENT: the FG has indeed created the sovereign wealth fund and this was widely reported
http://nigeriarising.com.ng/news/jonathan-inaugurates-board-on-sovereign-wealth-fund/

4) "In Bauchi, Bauchi State on 9th February 2011, Jonathan...establish two universities in the region; construct schools with modern facilities for 9.5 million Almajiris.."

FULFILMENT: it is a well known fact that the FG is building hundreds of Almajiri model schools mostly in the north and southwest. In fact some of them, like the one in Sokoto, have been completed and commissioned
http://nigeriarising.com.ng/photos-videos/photonews-president-goodluck-jonathan-commissions-almajiri-school-in-sokoto/

5) "In Ilorin, Kwara State also on 21st February 2011, Jonathan promised...rehabilitation of the nation’s railway system; rehabilitation of the Ilorin-Mokwa road"

FULFILMENT: it is undeniable that the nations railway system is undergoing massive transformation. Only in December, the Lagos-Kano rail line was completed, tested, and put to use.
That added to the numerous other rail line routes that have been rehabilitated and put to use including the Lagos-Illorin rail line and other intra-city railway services. Other corridors currently under serious construction include eastern corridor(Enugu-PH-north), Abuja-Kaduna(150km per hr and 50% completed NOW), Itapke-Ajaokuta-Warri(150km per hr).
The implication of reviving the rail transport cannot be over-emphasised, including reduced cost of transportation, reduced price of food items, safer transport, longer life span of our roads,etc
http://www.naijapundit.com/news/photo-news-nigeria-railways-begins-lagos-kano-rail-service-at-just-1500-naira
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/04/1000-commuters-move-by-train-to-ilorin/
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/sambo-rehabilitation-of-4000km-rail-lines-in-advanced-stages/126761/

6) "In Abakaliki, Eboyin State on 24th February Jonathan promised the South East geo-political zone priority attention,...dualize the Enugu-Abakaliki Express Road within one year;convert the Federal Medical Centre in Abakaliki to a teaching hospital"

FULFILMENT: the promise of converting Federal Medical Centre in Abakaliki to a teaching hospital has since BEEN FULFILED.
May I end this for now by quoting some aspect of the report that announced the fulfilment of this promise:
"Mbam (secretary to state govt of Ebonyi) noted that “there is nothing so bad about governance than when the leaders say one thing and fail to execute it”, pointing out that Jonathan’s spontaneous translation of his words into action by sending a fact-finding team to set the machinery in motion for the take over of EBSUTHAI ( Ebonyi State University Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki) is a rare display of reliability"
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=44518:ebonyi-lauds-planned-takeover-of-teaching-hospital-by-fg&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/43483/2012/12/26/health_minister_charges_hospital_workers_performance.html
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by Jaideyone(m): 9:49pm On Jan 09, 2013
Mandelaguy: If we compare all the indices on ground with the level of sabotage this GEJ government is facing, he is still the best Naija has got through past and present leaders and he is quietly delivering on his promises.
thunder fire that your mouth!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence / Chime's Schools In Enugu... / Today Is Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon's Birthday. Wish Him Well.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.