Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,408 members, 7,808,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? (7985 Views)

What Has Jonathan Done For The Yoruba People / What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? / What Has Jonathan's Administration Achieved In One Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by Truckpusher(m): 11:11am On Jan 10, 2013
Iolo:

Yes you are correct. He needs to speed up his growth rate. In terms of corruption, do you really think GEJ is going to be the one or indeed anyone under the PDP umbrella to fight corruption by sending people to jail?

He's never been a fighter, but I think to an extent he wants to eradicate corruption but the circumstance around him doesn't permit him to do so vigorously. Let me start by saying that Nigeria is a country that requires you have political leverage in order for you to rule. As the president, one of your many leverages is wielding the power to appoint into juicy posts, influencing the award of contracts to the favor of your cronies, and also believe it or not letting those who've acquired stolen wealth live in peace cause they'll be loyal to you, and you never know when you may need them.

The PDP is a party of not one main like or Godfather but one in which there is a collective thinking towards a particular goal amongst several people who hold the ability to raise financial or raise votes. As president, you want more people in your "friends" column than your "enemies" column otherwise things would be difficult for you.

The truth is the minute GEJ or indeed anybody starts fighting corruption, they begin to fight back with whatever leverage they have. They use their stolen wealth and influence to do things. If you don't bribe the judge (which makes you corrupt), they'll be the ones to do so and so on. As a politician, you'll begin to lose friends and gain enemies. Leadership and holding the boat called Nigeria would become even more difficult for you.

The truth is as soon as you attack just a few people within your own political set up. You become a risk to several people. There's hardly anyone who is free of corruption amongst the elite, just look at the reps, senators, top businessmen, and past leaders. If as a president you send them all to jail, you would have popular appeal amongst the masses but very limited appeal to the elite - and don't forget that in Nigeria unlike US the elite are the ones that sponsor elections, no small time person is asked to donate. This means that as soon as its time to campaign for a 2nd term, even though the masses love you to death, you'll find it difficult cause your campaign would be broke. The elite hates you and would try their possible best to stonewall you. You might not even get to win your political party primaries for a return ticket cause everyone of the delegates who is either an elite or is godfathered by an elite hates you.

You also have the fact that proportionally more corruption takes place at the State and LG levels than at Federal level. How does a president fight present governors that are immune to arrest? And if you try fighting the ex-govs you'll definitely lose your sway amongst "the people that matter" as I described up above.

This is my personal opinion, and I have just tried to list out the political implications of a genuine corruption fight and how its going to be a suicide mission for anyone to try (without being an autocratic) including GEJ.

What I can say I see about GEJ is that instead of trying to prosecute people, he has been more focused on closing loopholes. Its now incredibly difficult for you to dupe the Subsidy system as was in the past. And nowadays the budget office has to sign off on any serious money contract to be awarded by the ministries so you'll need a collaborator within there to be successful if you want to inflate contracts.

Another thing he is doing is releasing capital and recurrent budget monies systematically to the MDAs. And you now have to give account of how your 1st quarter budget was spent before you'll get that of the 2nd quarter.
This is what I call constructive criticism and not some folks that comes here to type poo....all they do is to call names like retardeen, Jonathan et al but ask them to make one genuine case on how the president can improve and change the lives of average Nigerians they don't know, yet the same set of eediots would call him clueless.I don't blame them because you cant give what you don't have grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by Truckpusher(m): 11:16am On Jan 10, 2013
Demdem:

Crap.
send the pm boy! it's confidential nobody is gonna get hurt...just send it don't be steupid ur far way smarter than typing craps on NL...c'mon ! Give it a try cool cool cool cool
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by Demdem(m): 11:17am On Jan 10, 2013
Truckpusher: send the pm boy! it's confidential nobody is gonna get hurt...just send it don't be steupid ur far way smarter than typing craps on NL...c'mon ! Give it a try cool cool cool cool

Demdem:

Crap.
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by GARRIx7(m): 11:33am On Jan 10, 2013
kutchs:
Tell me what better way to discuss this if not 2gh personal testimony as u call it. Whatever anyone says here is personal and subjective at best so dont rule out personal testimonies.
It‘s so unfortunate that pple open threads and expect all to conform to their thought patterns, u dont have to tell pple what to say and not say cos ur view is not indubitable.
Pple rate their govts 2gh personal testimonies, pple vote govt 2gh what they perceive the govt possesses or lacks. Such indices of measurement are all subjective.
Well I know u want to hear from fellow attack dogs like Demdem and co and not from pple like us, go ahead enjoy ur thread but be informed many know the truth.

you're not very intelligent........ I'm serious about that..

Go and read silly9gerian's post and see the kind of response someone with a brain is expected to present...

Personal Experience is not what this thread is about.. GEJ promised 1 million jobs in the down stream sector, how many have been created?? Telling me you've been employed and as such the promise has been kept is silly to say the least....
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by GARRIx7(m): 11:46am On Jan 10, 2013
deletrue: If, as at today, someone is still asking this questions, i think such persons requires proper medical care, preferably where people with brain problem are cured. But just in case Garri is about fifty percent normal, then nigerian has much more problems than we are seeing now. This is because, certain individual's character can be measured by thier actions and behavour. In this case, certainly Garri or funfun, whatever you called, must go back to who ever bring you up and make some further enquiries as to how their lineage is. Because you are very far from track.

M0R0N...... undecided
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by kutchs: 1:50pm On Jan 10, 2013
OsunOriginal:

Whatever qualification you hold, you are a disgrace to the academia just like your brother Retardinho Jona.
My students will only laugh at ur stupidity.
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by GARRIx7(m): 1:14pm On Jan 18, 2013
Of the over 91 PROMISE, Oga GEJ has only started work on about six...... cheesy cheesy

Ok oooo!!!

Happy fresh air!!!
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by Demdem(m): 1:19pm On Jan 18, 2013
GARRI (x7):
Of the over 91 PROMISE, Oga GEJ has only started work on about six...... cheesy cheesy

Ok oooo!!!

Happy fresh air!!!

The retardeen still has time, he will meet up.
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by tomakint: 2:34pm On Jan 18, 2013
Truckpusher: send the pm boy! it's confidential nobody is gonna get hurt...just send it don't be steupid ur far way smarter than typing craps on NL...c'mon ! Give it a try cool cool cool cool

grin grin grin grin grin ***tomakint points to Truckpusher while laughing and said; 'You are a funny nigga, really love that digs'***
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by Garrithe1st: 11:32am On Jul 18, 2013
God bless Garri (x7)

cool cool cool
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by RtFNJ: 12:18am On Jul 19, 2013
Garri.. I thnk u r blind.. The second Niger bridge is dat not an evidence enof 4 u,or the revamping of the nigerian railway.. The railway in my village 4 close to 6yrs has not worked,bt jst dis morning I heard n saw a train on the rail track.. Garri let me ask u,can u tell us on good thng u'v done in ur viallage or sorry in ur family
Re: How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? by RtFNJ: 12:24am On Jul 19, 2013
Garri b4 GEJ wen was d last time Nigeria won the African Nations cup..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Thread To Wish Nigerian Army "Happy Valentine" / Voice Of America On Biafra / Secession: Sunday Igboho Releases Oduduwa National Currency, 'fadaka' (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.