Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week (15332 Views)

Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites / Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station / 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by jpphilips(m): 2:49pm On Jan 10, 2013
jmaine:

Whatever you chose to say does not in any way invalidates GEJ efforts in revamping the power sector . . .Barth or No Barth . . .the reforms are going on . . . So what's the stress . . . .

i am not a baby neither am i a politician, what i owe this audience is to put things in the right perspective.

is it a crime for Jonathan to announce to Nigerians that he has fixed the gas challenge of Geregu? why is he sounding like Geregu is his baby?

obasanjo held Gregu to a structure that will fire 434mw in the long run, he succeeded in firing 1 turbine with challenges and your man didn't add a pin but to reroute the gas supply channel and sign MOU to spin money for gas companies and his cronies in the name of "cost reflective tariff".

are you aware that Nigeria flares $2.3bn worth of gas annually yet the gas tariff today is such that 2013 budget reflects subsidy for electricity, where is the wisdom?? thanks to the mad MOU your boss signed. don't we have enough problems in this country already to create more?

did you hear the mega AGG project exxon and NNPC are executing in QIT? where flared gases can fire turbines to a whooping tune of 500mw?

you wont hear such news, you cant phantom such ground breaking ideas, your problem is to clap for every far!t that comes from Aso rock. why cant the jonathan's administration come up with another ground breaking scheme to compliment the NIPP? is it a crime? haven't we spent enough money to enjoy steady electricity in this Nation??

make no mistakes, i am too close to the NIPP to know what every body does and when, i cannot be swayed by media propaganda from confusionists like Gen Buhari.

for now, my ""Dobale"" goes to the Chief Gen olusegun Obasanjo (Nigerian president; 1999-2007)

when Jonathan wakes up in the power sector, you will be the first to know.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by jmaine: 3:21pm On Jan 10, 2013
jp philips:

i am not a baby neither am i a politician, what i owe this audience is to put things in the right perspective..

Who said you were a baby or a politician . .Your perspective is subjective to your believe system . .Your perspective can not apply to all . . .We all seek to keep the records straight despite the side we chose . . . .

jp philips:

is it a crime for Jonathan to announce to Nigerians that he has fixed the gas challenge of Geregu? why is he sounding like Geregu is his baby?

They are simply informing folks progress and development in the nation power generating capacity . . .Is it a crime to informs folks about the current development and progress been recorded in the power sector . .

jp philips:

obasanjo held Gregu to a structure that will fire 434mw in the long run, he succeeded in firing 1 turbine with challenges and your man didn't add a pin but to reroute the gas supply channel and sign MOU to spin money for gas companies and his cronies in the name of "cost reflective tariff".

Irrelevant and vague proclamations won't help you on your quest today . . .Your attempt to water down the advantage and usefulness of the gas prizing regime exposes your insincerity . . .

jp philips:

are you aware that Nigeria flares $2.3bn worth of gas annually yet the gas tariff today is such that 2013 budget reflects subsidy for electricity, where is the wisdom?? thanks to the mad MOU your boss signed. don't we have enough problems in this country already to create more?

Yes Nigeria is more of gas than Oil and the gas flaring is an embarassing tale. Especially it's potential to jump start various facets of the economy if adequately harnessed

But it's also sad seeing folks downplay the essence of the cost reflective tarriff, meant to encourage private sector investment in gas production and supply . .

The cost reflective pricing will usher the much needed incentive to encourage coys to seek means in stopping the wastage of those gas we flare annually via utilization . . .

The PIB is highly relevant to address the above concerns . . .

jp philips:

your problem is to clap for every far!t that comes from Aso rock.

Your problem is that you swore an oath of secrecy to irrelevantly criticize any thing the current FG does . . It's irritating . . . . . . .

jp philips:

why cant the jonathan's administration come up with another ground breaking scheme to compliment the NIPP? is it a crime? haven't we spent enough money to enjoy steady electricity in this Nation??

Dude, we don't have such huge resources to plunge wholeheartedly into the power sector, moreso after the upheaval pertaining to the amount OBJ sunk into that venture already

A reason why the GEJ admin adopted a two pronged approach of :-

A) Doing a quick recovery of existing and on going projects

B) Fast tracking the privatization process which is on going.

Only the foolish will deny the above are not been vigorously pursued .. . . .

jp philips:

make no mistakes, i am too close to the NIPP to know what every body does and when,

No one gives a shyte if your the sole contractor handling the entire NIPPs project . . .Doesn't matter when plain facts are strenuousness downplayed out of personal sentiments

jp philips:

i cannot be swayed by media propaganda from confusionists like Gen Buhari.

That is between You and the GenBuhari , not mine bruv . . . .

jp philips:

for now, [size=14pt]my[/size] ""Dobale"" goes to the Chief Gen olusegun Obasanjo (Nigerian president; 1999-2007)

Okay Sir, i have no objection to that . . .

jp philips:

Then Jonathan wakes up in the power sector, you will be the first to know.

You are the one who needs waking up . . .So dude wake the fvck up . . . .
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by jpphilips(m): 4:06pm On Jan 10, 2013
author=jmaine

Who said you were a baby or a politician . .Your perspective is subjective to your believe system . .Your perspective can not apply to all . . .We all seek to keep the records straight despite the side we chose . . . .

Did i hear you say you are keeping your records straight? if you ever did that, you wont put "jonathan" and "power" in the same sentence.

They are simply informing folks progress and development in the nation power generating capacity . . .Is it a crime to informs folks about the current development and progress been recorded in the power sector . .

i didn't see any since Nnaji left please enlighten us if you are privy to some information

Irrelevant and vague proclamations won't help you on your quest today . . .Your attempt to water down the advantage and usefulness of the gas prizing regime exposes your insincerity . . .

please tell us three advantages of the new pricing and the beneficiaries so that your audience will appreciate how it affects the man on the street, since you think i am down playing it

Yes Nigeria is more of gas than Oil and the gas flaring is an embarassing tale. Especially it's potential to jump start various facets of the economy if adequately harnessed

But it's also sad seeing folks downplay the essence of the cost reflective tarriff, meant to encourage private sector investment in gas production and supply . .

The cost reflective pricing will usher the much needed incentive to encourage coys to seek means in stopping the wastage of those gas we flare annually via utilization . . .

The PIB is highly relevant to address the above concerns . . .

Are you giving us facts or are you just typing out of boredom? i ask you again,

what is the ratiocination behind flaring away your gas to the tune of $2.3bn annually while on the other hand, you quickly go and sign a bizarre MOU with gas supply companies (mainly your cronies), so bad that the citizens who have endured for long in darkness now need Govt subsidy to enjoy electricity?

in clear terms, explain it to your audience the wisdom in that. please don't forget to quickly quote that part of the PIB that you claim will address that bizarre ingenuity of your lord and master.

Your problem is that you swore an oath of secrecy to irrelevantly criticize any thing the FG does . . It's irritating . . . . . . .

I will admit that as my problem if you will admit i swore that oath in your shrine.

Dude, we don't have huge such huge resources to plunge wholeheartedly into the power sector, moreso after the upheaval pertaining to the amount OBJ sunk into that venture already

A reason why the GEJ admin adopted a two pronged approach

A) of doing a quick recovery of existing and on going projects

B) Fast tracking the privatization process which is on going.

Only the foolish will deny the above are not been vigorously pursued .. . . .

when you say "we" who exactly are you referring to? because the last time i checked, two official probe panels have released their reports on the running of the NIPP and massive frauds to the tune of billions of dollars has been perpetrated through contract inflation and kick backs.

did this sorry situation lead you to speak on behalf of a commander in chief to admit he doesn't have resources?

someone who wields the cohesive apparatus of state and all its apparatchik? someone who sang with the two compasses of his mouth that he is leading the fight on corruption? and we have to accept our fate that some untouchables has made away with the money and the lettuce master of yours folds arm and watches?

unfortunately, someone who was perceived as the messiah, someone who the masses believed will trigger the cataclysmic whirlpool that will catapult them to glory, in his massive failure has declared that his "fresh air programme" has capitulated to the blows of this heavy monster called corruption.

IT IS A SHAME

No one gives a shyte if your the sole contractor handling the entire NIPPs project . . .Doesn't matter when plain facts are strenuousness downplayed out of personal sentiments

I may not have an immediate answer to this comment of yours, however, laptop number 6 is free to make an input

Okay Sir, i have no objection to that . . .

You are the one who needs waking up . . .So dude wake the fvck up . . . .

At least i have woken up to the reality that your master and crew have no idea how to solve the electricity imbroglio of this great Nation, the only crew member that had the idea has been ousted.

i think that every sincere Nigerian should be mourning for this Nation, for the present crop of leaders piloting its affairs.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by jmaine: 6:08pm On Jan 10, 2013
JP Philips Quotes

Did i hear you say you are keeping your records straight? if you ever did that, you wont put "jonathan" and "power" in the same sentence.

Really ? He met a weak grid system,dilapidated power stations supplying just over 2,800MW supplied to the populace ,Some power station's had no plan in place to supply gas needed to power them e.t.c

Two years after, his efforts is yielding over 4,500MW with the transmission phase undergoing appreciable upgrade to mitigate waste during distribution

it doesn't take a genius to know serial mischief posters

i didn't see any since Nnaji left please enlighten us if you are privy to some information

You simply have nothing tangible to say . . .

please tell us three advantages of the new pricing and the beneficiaries so that your audience will appreciate how it affects the man on the street, since you think i am down playing it

Simply put, The cost reflective pricing is simply a regime whereby the producers of gas can sell it at a rate which covers cost of production and also leaves margin for profits . .unlike the flat rate of 80 cents PHCN were paying under the guise of " It's a national asset"

Investors won't dabble into a market where prizes are fixed with profit margins severely absent

what is the ratiocination behind flaring away your gas to the tune of $2.3bn annually while on the other hand, you quickly go and sign a bizarre MOU with gas supply companies (mainly your cronies), so bad that the citizens that who have endured for long in darkness now need Govt subsidy to enjoy electricity?

This excepts below should suffice for genuine folks who demand answers

Gas is available, both as associated gas and as dry gas in stand alone gas fields. The original contracts between the oil companies and the Government were production sharing arrangements for oil but do not cover gas. Oil companies, which are the primary producers of associated gas, want a commercial price for gas supplied to the domestic market that matches international prices. The Government, arguing that this gas is a national asset, wants the gas to be priced low, especially for the power sector in an attempt to keep the retail electricity prices low. Since the international LNG prices are more attractive, the oil companies have an incentive to divert gas to international export markets as much as they could and since they do not have an incentive to supply for the domestic market, flare the rest of the gas. The result is a terrible gas flaring situation in Nigeria. Also, consequently, the local gas processing and transmission infrastructure did not develop at all.
Inadequate and erratic availability of gas, resulting from lack of investments in infrastructure, poor planning and sabotage of pipelines, has also been a major cause of poor utilization of existing power generation capacity

[url=http://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=+cost+reflective+tariff+for+gas+production+in+Nigeria&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&ved=0CEUQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.iaee.org%2Fen%2Fpublications%2Fnewsletterdl.aspx%3Fid%3D72&ei=BO7uUJyGCYjJhAeT44GwAg&usg=AFQjCNFc8fl0qi2-rCdwVjcyvDmz_VwLtg]Source[/url]

The unfavorable pricing above is what the cost reflective pricing seeks to amend with it attendant side effects . . . .

[size=14pt]How will it benefit people . .[/size]

People need fairly constant power supply; that can only be guaranteed if our power generating stations with 70% dependence on gas meet their fuel need . .Do i need to spell it out further to you . .You need to do better than ask irrelevant questions

I will admit that as my problem since i swore that oath in my shrine.

Fixed

when you say "we" who exactly are you referring to? because the last time i checked, two official probe panels have released their reports on the running of the NIPP and massive frauds to the tune of billions of dollars has been perpetrated through contract inflation and kick backs.

When i said we . .I meant Nigeria . .get it ?

You are simply a very confused lad . . . .In one stead you accused Elumelu of fraudulently indicting the contractors because he was not bribed and in another stead you practically Worshipped OBJ who was the accused with the allegation your propping up here

Are you this twisted . .Dude, you need help . .screaming erratically does you no good . .Learn to shut up . . .

did this sorry situation lead you to speak on behalf of a commander in chief to admit he doesn't have resources?

someone who wields the cohesive apparatus of state and all its apparatchik? someone who sang with the two compasses of his mouth that he is leading the fight on corruption? and we have to accept our fate that some untouchables has made away with the money and the lettuce master of yours folds arm and watches?

The above response suffices to your glaring confused state . . .

unfortunately, someone who was perceived as the messiah, someone who the masses believed will trigger the cataclysmic whirlpool that will catapult them to glory, in his massive failure has declared that his "fresh air programme" has capitulated to the blows of this heavy monster called corruption.

You sounded quite silly here . .No offense intended . . . .

I may not have an immediate answer to this comments of yours, however, laptop number 6 is free to make an input

try another stunt . .the above is stale and sadly very boring . .it's a loser's retort . . .

At least i have woken up to the reality that your master and crew have no idea how to solve the electricity imbroglio of this great Nation, the only crew member that had the idea has been ousted.

i think that every sincere Nigerian should be mourning for this Nation, for the present crop of leaders piloting its affairs.

You are here wasting your time while the power sector reforms are vigorously been pursued with noticeable improvement in power supply across Nigeria

You cynic hordes can rage all you like , it doesn't invalidate the efforts of the GEJ led admin in the power sector . . .
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by jpphilips(m): 11:58am On Jan 11, 2013
author=jmaine]JP Philips Quotes

Really ? He met a weak grid system,dilapidated power stations supplying just over 2,800MW supplied to the populace ,Some power station's had no plan in place to supply gas needed to power them e.t.c

Two years after, his efforts is yielding over 4,500MW with the transmission phase undergoing appreciable upgrade to mitigate waste during distribution

it doesn't take a genius to know serial mischief posters

point of correction, he met a blueprint laid down by his predecessor considered it genius and went ahead to continue from where his predecessor stopped.
in that blue print, before the NIPP was born already 2 power stations has been commissioned while the third was near completion, after the inauguration of the NIPP, between 2003 and 2006 NIPP was no longer a dream, about 30% of the plants have seen almost 70% progress while others managed through their rigorous challenges and corruption.
Nevertheless, the NIPP made more progress in three years than your master's 3yrs power reform(acting presidency inclusive)considering the fact that the big jobs have been done already.

let us use Geregu power plant as a focal point, OBJ designed that Geregu should fire 4 turbines of an ave of 120mw, by 2007, Obj has commissioned turbine 0ne with one twenty something mega watts, now the issue of gas line became a challenge before obj left.

now, i was expecting your master as an achiever to be telling us that he has completed turbine two and fixed the gas challenge of 2007. that would have thrown in almost 250mw to the grid, but as usual, he went and fixed the gas network and ran to the press after three years of non meritorious service. i don't know about you but it takes more than changing diapers to convince me that you are making progress.

As far as im concerned, Geregu is still at 2007, when the next turbine fires, then i will give kudos to who deserves it

Simply put, The cost reflective pricing is simply a regime whereby the producers of gas can sell it at a rate which covers cost of production and also leaves margin for profits . .unlike the flat rate of 80 cents PHCN were paying under the guise of " It's a national asset"

Investors won't dabble into a market where prizes are fixed with profit margins severely absent

This excepts below should suffice for genuine folks who demand answers

[url=http://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=+cost+reflective+tariff+for+gas+production+in+Nigeria&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&ved=0CEUQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.iaee.org%2Fen%2Fpublications%2Fnewsletterdl.aspx%3Fid%3D72&ei=BO7uUJyGCYjJhAeT44GwAg&usg=AFQjCNFc8fl0qi2-rCdwVjcyvDmz_VwLtg]Source[/url]

The unfavorable pricing above is what the cost reflective pricing seeks to amend with it attendant side effects . . . .

[size=14pt]How will it benefit people . .[/size]

People need fairly constant power supply; that can only be guaranteed if our power generating stations with 70% dependence on gas meet their fuel need . .Do i need to spell it out further to you . .You need to do better than ask irrelevant questions

Fixed

I am glad you answered the question, in your response you alleged that the present price fixing regime is not in the interest of the investors (gas owners) therefore the federal govt has to deregulate and extort Nigerians at their convenience.

may I quickly remind you that the Nigerian Govt through the NNPC/NGC as its subsidiary under the Mineral oil act that enthroned NGC clearly stipulates that Nigeria is supposed to be a whole gas owner unlike your model where we need to sweat to please the Gas owners, are you aware?

does it not bother you that your lord and master totally ignored the next phase in the NIPP initiative which is Gas ownership and within the 3yrs has only succeeded in giving in to the outrageous demands of the investors rather than the demands of the Nigerian people who democratically enthroned this Government.

i have another question for you, don't you think that the Gas gathering project could have been the second big thing in the NIPP initiative? today, the same investors squeezing you dry are constructing another LNG at Brass while your Govt sits cap in hand as if they did not learn any lesson from the Bonny LNG saga.

personally, i feel sorry for people like you who are never ashamed to eulogize the quick fixes of this inept Govt without any trepidation for the future of this country.

Since obasanjo has initiated the NIPP and gas supply was a major challenge, i expected a sane administration to have thought of a permanent solution to the problem not necessarily the quick fix of enriching the gas owners at the expense of the Nigerian people.
Needless to remind you that through the Indigenisation exercise, very soon, only cronies of this administration will be benefiting in this largesse while the masses remain in perpetual agony.

young man, we are not talking about domestic gas supply here, we are talking about a critical economic infrastructure of the state and you see nothing wrong with that?

we witnessed recently in times of intense sanctions from international bodies, we have seen where the west influences the investors who are directly tied to Iran's critical infrastructures and you sit to tell me that this abysmal administration did us a favor

here is a quote from the link you supplied to buttress your point

The result is a terrible gas flaring situation in Nigeria. Also, consequently, the local gas processing and transmission infrastructure did not develop at all.
Inadequate and erratic availability of gas, resulting from lack of investments in infrastructure, poor planning and sabotage of pipelines,

by the above quote of yours, it is obvious you have not seen that this Govt is the reason we are cap in hand.
the bold part of that quote clearly emphasizes that the Govt has failed in local gas processing. this boils down to the AGG program i referred to above,

reading your posts tells me that you are just a noise maker being fed a lot of Govt propaganda, the Govt refuses to develop local gas processing through AGG's which their foreign JV partners do on daily basis under their nose, when the gas flows, your Govt goes cap in hand begging them for gas, brother, you have no shame.

this same JV partners, flare off our gas to the tune of $2.3bn annually yet you think it is commendable to pay them more for the ones they managed to harness? here is the biggest irony, sometime ago, The FG came up with the idea of charging them $10 per cf of flared gas, same FG is liable to 60% of the total sum,

in other words, you please the man that destroy your house more than the tenants you have on rent. that excludes the intense pollution and environmental degradation associated with the process.

brother, it takes madness or ignorance for one not to see the mesh-mesh of this administration. At this stage of our democracy, we still have people like you who pontificate the faucet origo of an administration whose action has proved beyond reasonable doubt that they lack the ingenuity to bring about the most desired change,
it is pitiably abysmal.

like i said above, 3yrs is enough for the Jonathan's administration to come up with a gas blue print to compliment the NIPP through AGG's, signing a cost "reflective pricing scheme with foreigners", is ill thought, sardonic and absolutely nothing to take praises for.

if it was a short term thing, i expect by now that this administration should have launched a blue print on what the long run will be, so far, i have seen nothing. make no mistakes, robbing peter to pay paul is no solution but an onerous lack of initiative.

You are simply a very confused lad . . . .In one stead you accused Elumelu of fraudulently indicting the contractors because he was not bribed and in another you stead you practically Worshipped OBJ who was the accused with the allegation your propping up here

Are you this twisted . .Dude, you need help . .screaming erratically does you no good . .Learn to shut up . . .

OK, i don't expect your comprehension IQ to be superb, i will help you.

outside the compromised report of Elumelu, whose cynical agenda was not in doubt, there were other reports that clearly exposed high level of corruption in the NIPP scheme, ranging from contract inflation to kick backs. please if this info is new to you, play around Google and you will get all the answers you need.

this corruption in the end wasn't really affecting the projects that much but it was bleeding the nation dry.

A similar example is the trans-amadi IPP which cost the Rivers state Govt under the tutelage of Native Dr Peter odili a whooping sum of $6bn for a less than 50MW gas turbine project, such power infrastructure at that cost has never been replicated in any part of the world.

its relevance to this issue is the fact that you declared above that this present administration does not have the resources to pursue something as big as the NIPP and i said its a fabricated fallacy.

the money stolen from the NIPP alone is enough to complete not just the second phase but the third phase as well, if i tell you the cost of Egbin upgrade and oloronshogo partnership with the chinese, you will weep for this country.

Any sane Nigerian expects that 3yrs gone, a serious administration would launch an inquiry to identify the people that strangulated the economy not just bringing them to justice but recover the loot as well, other than coming to tell us there are no resources. if that is not weakness, cowardice and callous on the part of this administration, i wonder what is.

You are here wasting your time while the power sector reforms are vigorously been pursued with noticeable improvement in power supply across Nigeria

You cynic hordes can rage all you like , it doesn't invalidate the efforts of the GEJ led admin in the power sector . . .

like i said previously, when your lord and master commences real power reforms, you will be the first to know
I will no longer respond to your posts until you quote that part of the PIB that addressed the above gas challenge.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by jmaine: 5:34pm On Jan 11, 2013
Jp Quotes

point of correction, he met a blueprint laid down by his predecessor considered it genius and went ahead to continue from where his predecessor stopped.
in that blue print, before the NIPP was born already 2 power stations has been commissioned while the third was near completion, after the inauguration of the NIPP, between 2003 and 2006 NIPP was no longer a dream, about 30% of the plants have seen almost 70% progress while others managed through their rigorous challenges and corruption.
Nevertheless, the NIPP made more progress in three years than your master's 3yrs power reform(acting presidency inclusive)considering the fact that the big jobs have been done already.

let us use Geregu power plant as a focal point, OBJ designed that Geregu should fire 4 turbines of an ave of 120mw, by 2007, Obj has commissioned turbine 0ne with one twenty something mega watts, now the issue of gas line became a challenge before obj left.

now, i was expecting your master as an achiever to be telling us that he has completed turbine two and fixed the gas challenge of 2007. that would have thrown in almost 250mw to the grid, but as usual, he went and fixed the gas network and ran to the press after three years of non meritorious service. i don't know about you but it takes more than changing diapers to convince me that you are making progress.

As far as im concerned, Geregu is still at 2007, when the next turbine fires, then i will give kudos to who deserves it

You are just an irrelevant rattler who trashes about to no where. So continuing and implementing a master plan shouldn't be commended . . . Maybe the encomiums been showered on Fashola for the Laudable BRT projects conceived by Tinubu blue print is wrong . . .

You simply do not have any tangible base to support your bile . . .

Let's cut the chase and hear from Barth Nnaji himself . . . .

That’s actually what I said. We are taking a two-pronged approach – the first is involves quick recovery of installed capacities, but we should not forget what actually it takes to undertake recovery. It means the fresh installation of 1MW of power, which costs $1 million. That means that if you are going to build a brand new 1,000MW station, it will cost you $1 billion. However, we don’t have such resources now. I will give you a simple example: the recovery of one unit of Afam provides 138MW, at a whopping costs N6.9 billion but that is just 138MW. You will find some others that cost more, so the money isn’t just there floating for us to do the massive recovery that is needed to turn the sector around. That is why the privatisation of the sector is essential. As such, the first thing that made sense was to a do a quick fix and right now this approach has yielded 1,000MW extra, with an additional 1000MW expected this year which should bring total available capacity to 5,400MW. If we had been consistent with this type of aggressive approach, we won’t be having the problem we are having now. Then again, Nigeria is a country of 167 million people so even when we recover 2,000MW that will be insignificant. So for this year, we are going to rely on the quick recovery approach and the coming on stream of the National Integrated Power Projects (NIPPs) that was started sometime ago and stopped in 2007 for almost two-and-half years and then restarted by this administration with a fast-track philosophy. We are aggressively pursuing the completion of these plants and we will be able to get a number of them on stream this year.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nnaji-we-are-implementing-key-pillars-of-power-reform/117760/

I am glad you answered the question, in your response you alleged that the present price fixing regime is not in the interest of the investors (gas owners) therefore the federal govt has to deregulate and extort Nigerians at their convenience.

I repeat to you again . . .No investor will dabble into any venture that is not profitable . . .Power generating is very expensive and the earlier we get it out of the government hands to able private hands the better . . .

Give people constant power and they will pay . . .Stop this unnecessary whines of yours . .

may I quickly remind you that the Nigerian Govt through the NNPC/NGC as its subsidiary under the Mineral oil act that enthroned NGC clearly stipulates that Nigeria is supposed to be a whole gas owner unlike your model where we need to sweat to please the Gas owners, are you aware?

does it not bother you that your lord and master totally ignored the next phase in the NIPP initiative which is Gas ownership and within the 3yrs has only succeeded in giving in to the outrageous demands of the investors rather than the demands of the Nigerian people who democratically enthroned this Government.

Your love repeating the same boring point . . . . The main problem that was bedeviling the power sector was gas supply problems precipitated by the unfavorable pricing format of the FG/PHCN . And all the FG did was to address that niggling issue to encourage sustainable and unfettered gas supply . . .Stop giving me that socialist crap,

If we must encourage private hands , then the pricing must be fair to the investors . . .Who even told you it's an outrageous demand. . .You need to shut it and stop making baseless assumption outta no where . . .

personally, i feel sorry for people like you who are never ashamed to eulogize the quick fixes of this inept Govt without any trepidation for the future of this country

Since you love repeating the same bullshyte while ranting and whining . . .Let me once again replay Barth Nnaji words to you . . . .

That’s actually what I said. We are taking a two-pronged approach – the first is involves quick recovery of installed capacities, but we should not forget what actually it takes to undertake recovery. It means the fresh installation of 1MW of power, which costs $1 million. That means that if you are going to build a brand new 1,000MW station, it will cost you $1 billion. However, we don’t have such resources now. I will give you a simple example: the recovery of one unit of Afam provides 138MW, at a whopping costs N6.9 billion but that is just 138MW. You will find some others that cost more, so the money isn’t just there floating for us to do the massive recovery that is needed to turn the sector around. That is why the privatisation of the sector is essential. As such, the first thing that made sense was to a do a quick fix and right now this approach has yielded 1,000MW extra, with an additional 1000MW expected this year which should bring total available capacity to 5,400MW. If we had been consistent with this type of aggressive approach, we won’t be having the problem we are having now. Then again, Nigeria is a country of 167 million people so even when we recover 2,000MW that will be insignificant. So for this year, we are going to rely on the quick recovery approach and the coming on stream of the National Integrated Power Projects (NIPPs) that was started sometime ago and stopped in 2007 for almost two-and-half years and then restarted by this administration with a fast-track philosophy. We are aggressively pursuing the completion of these plants and we will be able to get a number of them on stream this year.

Am sure you won't be too sad and frustrated to call Barth Nnaji expert views as Govt propaganda . . .

Since obasanjo has initiated the NIPP and gas supply was a major challenge, i expected a sane administration to have thought of a permanent solution to the problem not necessarily the quick fix of enriching the gas owners at the expense of the Nigerian people.
Needless to remind you that through the Indigenisation exercise, very soon, only cronies of this administration will be benefiting in this largesse while the masses remain in perpetual agony.

young man, we are not talking about domestic gas supply here, we are talking about a critical economic infrastructure of the state and you see nothing wrong with that?

Old Man this thread is about current issues pertaining to the power sector with gas supply the focal issue . .and last i checked they are local / domestic demands . . .

Screaming doesn't equate to making sence , please stay on course . . .

reading your posts tells me that you are just a noise maker being fed a lot of Govt propaganda, the Govt refuses to develop local gas processing through AGG's which their foreign JV partners do on daily basis under their nose, when the gas flows, your Govt goes cap in hand begging them for gas, brother, you have no shame.

I did rather listen to Barth than listen to a no body like you . .So sheath your delusional toga of intelligence . . .

this same JV partners, flare off our gas to the tune of $2.3bn annually yet you think it is commendable to pay them more for the ones they managed to harness? here is the biggest irony, sometime ago, The FG came up with the idea of charging them $10 per cf of flared gas, same FG is liable to 60% of the total sum,

in other words, you please the man that destroy your house more than the tenants you have on rent. that excludes the intense pollution and environmental degradation associated with the process.

brother, it takes madness or ignorance for one not to see the mesh-mesh of this administration. At this stage of our democracy, we still have people like you who pontificate the faucet origo of an administration whose action has proved beyond reasonable doubt that they lack the ingenuity to bring about the most desired change,
it is pitiably abysmal.

like i said above, 3yrs is enough for the Jonathan's administration to come up with a gas blue print to compliment the NIPP through AGG's, signing a cost "reflective pricing scheme with foreigners", is ill thought, sardonic and absolutely nothing to take praises for.

if it was a short term thing, i expect by now that this administration should have launched a blue print on what the long run will be, so far, i have seen nothing. make no mistakes, robbing peter to pay paul is no solution but an onerous lack of initiative.

Your just a screamer repeating the same issue over and over . . . .

outside the compromised report of Elumelu, whose cynical agenda was not in doubt, there were other reports that clearly exposed high level of corruption in the NIPP scheme, ranging from contract inflation to kick backs. please if this info is new to you, play around Google and you will get all the answers you need.

You worshiped OBJ for today's success and the same OBJ was the main culprit in above allegations your propping

So how do we define a personality who worships a man he knows has has some weighty issue of corruption hanging on his neck

I said you were a confused lad and here you are proving it . . .

its relevance to this issue is the fact that you declared above that this present administration does not have the resources to pursue something as big as the NIPP and i said its a fabricated fallacy.

the money stolen from the NIPP alone is enough to complete not just the second phase but the third phase as well, if i tell you the cost of Egbin upgrade and oloronshogo partnership with the chinese, you will weep for this country.

Any sane Nigerian expects that 3yrs gone, a serious administration would launch an inquiry to identify the people that strangulated the economy not just bringing them to justice but recover the loot as well, other than coming to tell us there are no resources. if that is not weakness, cowardice and callous on the part of this administration, i wonder what is.

Please refer to Barth Nnaji explanations . . .Do you prefer i repost it again since all you do is repeat yourself consistently

like i said previously, when your lord and master commences real power reforms, you will be the first to know

Says an irrelevant dude . . . .
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by jmaine: 6:24pm On Jan 11, 2013
jp philips:
I will no longer respond to your posts until you quote that part of the PIB that addressed the above gas challenge.

Refer to the PIB Draft . . . .

Section 253 ( a,b,c) (PP 130) Gas Pricing Principles
Section 270 (PP 142) Gas management model
Section 276 (PP 144) Gas flaring plan
Section 278 (a,b,c) (PP 145) Gas utilization

The article below explains the provisions above explicitly

http://businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/law/cover/42510-the-pib-gas-and-the-nigerian-electricity-supply-industry

Ensure you read it . . . . . . . .

2 Likes

Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by jpphilips(m): 8:28pm On Jan 13, 2013
jmaine: Jp Quotes

You are just an irrelevant rattler who trashes about to no where. So continuing and implementing a master plan shouldn't be commended . . . Maybe the encomiums been showered on Fashola for the Laudable BRT projects conceived by Tinubu blue print is wrong . . .

You simply do not have any tangible base to support your bile . . .

Let's cut the chase and hear from Barth Nnaji himself . . . .

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nnaji-we-are-implementing-key-pillars-of-power-reform/117760/

I repeat to you again . . .No investor will dabble into any venture that is not profitable . . .Power generating is very expensive and the earlier we get it out of the government hands to able private hands the better . . .

Give people constant power and they will pay . . .Stop this unnecessary whines of yours . .

Your love repeating the same boring point . . . . The main problem that was bedeviling the power sector was gas supply problems precipitated by the unfavorable pricing format of the FG/PHCN . And all the FG did was to address that niggling issue to encourage sustainable and unfettered gas supply . . .Stop giving me that socialist crap,

If we must encourage private hands , then the pricing must be fair to the investors . . .Who even told you it's an outrageous demand. . .You need to shut it and stop making baseless assumption outta no where . . .

Since you love repeating the same bullshyte while ranting and whining . . .Let me once again replay Barth Nnaji words to you . . . .

Am sure you won't be too sad and frustrated to call Barth Nnaji expert views as Govt propaganda . . .

Old Man this thread is about current issues pertaining to the power sector with gas supply the focal issue . .and last i checked they are local / domestic demands . . .

Screaming doesn't equate to making sence , please stay on course . . .

I did rather listen to Barth than listen to a no body like you . .So sheath your delusional toga of intelligence . . .

Your just a screamer repeating the same issue over and over . . . .

You worshiped OBJ for today's success and the same OBJ was the main culprit in above allegations your propping

So how do we define a personality who worships a man he knows has has some weighty issue of corruption hanging on his neck

I said you were a confused lad and here you are proving it . . .

Please refer to Barth Nnaji explanations . . .Do you prefer i repost it again since all you do is repeat yourself consistently

Says an irrelevant dude . . . .

I am just responding this because you have actually quoted what i suspected you will quote in the PIB.

obviously you lack the academic prowess to argue on an issue like this, on so many occasions you conveniently ignore the issue protempore and talk like you head a dept at Yaba left.

above there where you quoted Nnaji, Nnaji admitted that he is doing a quick fix for the Govt due to shortage of funds, on my own part on the penultimate paragraph, i admonished Nnaji for the quick fixes and how they could do better by recovering NIPP funds.

you just repeated what i was complaining about. Nnaji even used the phrase, "Quick fix" which i equally emphasized and used Geregu as a case study.

young man, you are too dull to understand where jp philips is coming from, by the time you wake up to the reality of the power sector, you will honor me as a guy who is light years ahead of you in knowledge.

look again at your post in green, the basis of argument is for you to learn, you believe the gas prices are not outrageous when you need subsidy to light up your home, are you ok

the Govt told you the investors wont come if the prices remain fixed, have you asked yourself if there is a work around that imbroglio? have you even been reading what i have been writing? you sound so confused and angry because you belong to the school of thought where govt is always right, think out of the box and see that the Govt is wrong this time.

read meaning into these paragraphs and tell me the Govt is right if you have basic common sense;

by the above quote of yours, it is obvious you have not seen that this Govt is the reason we are cap in hand.
the bold part of that quote clearly emphasizes that the Govt has failed in local gas processing. this boils down to the AGG program i referred to above,

that quote in summary is telling you that you don't need to pay gas owners outrageous sums to get gas they are flaring to the tune of $2.3bn annually.
your understanding quotient is very poor.

you don't need to pay for Gas that you throw away rather you make investments in Gas to gather it, is this how you passed jamb? is your brain that dull? that you couldn't understand what has been written here overtime.

the rest of my posts that you referred to as "screaming", you will need a minimum of 15yrs in the oil and gas industry and another 5yrs in power process engineering, that knowledge that you lack, is the pity i have for you.

Make no mistakes, i eulogized OBJ for the indelible mark he made in the power sectors at the same time highlighting his flaws, that is an honest assessment not "confusion" like you termed it.

if Nnaji that perhaps knew what i knew has admitted that the govt he serves is not doing anything "new" but quick fixes, and a rat like you that is a mere PDP hallelujah boy thinks other wise, so be it.

when i say Bro jona doesn't deserve any accolades on power yet, i know what im saying and i believe from what you pasted that Nnaji himself shares the same sentiment, a rat like you should shut up and listen when elders dissect the power industry.

your problem is knowledge until you get it we cant argue.

Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by jmaine: 8:36pm On Jan 13, 2013
^^

Your just a huge waste of time . . . .If you knew i will quote the PIB to support my assertion as expected by you, then why hammer on it as if it never existed ? undecided . . . .

Like i said . .You just rattle to no way, and no one gives an absolute fvck about who Jp_philip is, get it ?. . . .

Again screaming doesn't equate to making sense . . . .
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by jpphilips(m): 9:11pm On Jan 13, 2013
jmaine:

Refer to the PIB Draft . . . .

Section 253 ( a,b,c) (PP 130) Gas Pricing Principles
Section 270 (PP 142) Gas management model
Section 276 (PP 144) Gas flaring plan
Section 278 (a,b,c) (PP 145) Gas utilization

The article below explains the provisions above explicitly

http://businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/law/cover/42510-the-pib-gas-and-the-nigerian-electricity-supply-industry

Ensure you read it . . . . . . . .

now i had to give up completely on you, seriously you read those parts of the PIB and you think it addressed the problem i highlighted above??

let me ask you again? what did i say is the problem with the Nigerian gas model

how did the PIB fix it (give detailed approach and workable solution)

once again, you are the master of ignorance.

let me help you,

look at the business day link you supplied under the Caption, "PIB AND GAS" the first paragraph says that under the PIB the FG is pursuing a (DSO) for gas, do you know what that means?

DSO means domestic supply obligation, where the govt mandates the gas producers to bequeath some to them, was it not exactly what i referred to as "cap in hand", "begging" etc above? you seem not to even understand your own links.

what is wrong with your head? every link of yours always support my position, yet you don't want to give up, isn't that childish?? so going to gas producers to beg for gas is where the PIB solved the gas problem??

verily verily i say unto you; you have lost touch with common sense, tell me one country in the world who is a "major" oil and gas producer that operate the DSO model? just mention one, and you think your Govt is not insane?? guy, you and your PDP cohorts have a long way to go, in solving the least problem of this country.

furthermore;

the business day article you pasted that summarized the PIB on the fourth paragraph quoted the PIB that it will stop gas flaring,with a caveat that the minister for petroleum has the right to issue gas flaring permits , lol

you are so SSTTUUPPIIDD. Diezeni madueke just created choppings for herself while foooools like you think she did you a favor, tomorrow, she will go and collect billions of dollars from gas producers as flaring permit fee, flaring continues, gas is wasted, gas producers smile to the bank with high electricity tariff, the Ave. Nigerian become more suicidal and an olodo like you will nurse the temerity to argue that PIB solved your gas challenge. i laugh at your ignorance.

please i chose to discontinue this discussion because your ignorance is abysmal, i may chose to do it once more with someone sane but definitely not you,

pls do have a great ignorant day ahead of you.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 13, 2013
jmaine is a PDP card carrying member lol!

Let us address issues like patriotic Nigerians not tribal warriors.

I really wish some people could be at the controlling end of Nigerian affairs.

The DSO model is not necessarily "begging" like @jp philips insinuating. It will become begging if it is not mandatory.

But since the PIB will be a law if passed, I see no reason to assume that the DSO model will result to begging. Since it will be LAW, it will become mandatory.

So that may have addressed the issue of gas supply at marketing level only not production level.

Now here is my problem with the DSO: With government deregulating the oil industry, Nigerians will be back to the subsidy era as price of gas can be fixed by marketers.

If electricity is to become constant, gas supply has to become constant too. This means the demand for gas will be high and not elastic. Not elastic in the sense that if Nigeria needs 25k megawatts to have 24hrs electricity and it requires say 4k metric tons of gas per day, (jus estimation), then the demand for gas will always be 4k metric tons per day until need for more mega watts comes. Since the demand is inelastic, and high, producers have nothing to fear jacking up prices. This is the problem!!

What the above means is that if the gas supply is expensive, it will stay so because the demand is the same. For Nigeria, petrol is tooooo freaking expensive but it will stay so until the demand drops (not likely) or a people oriented government weigh in and reduce the price to say 20 naira.

Now back to the DSO issue, as I have showed, deregulation, plus DSO, plus the natural laws of demand and supply means the DSO model will not work for Nigeria because it means Nigerians will pay wayyyy more for gas they have an abundance of. and that is hardcore exploitation...

Nigerians should really go deeper when analyzing issues of economical matters in Nigeria. DSO when coupled with international demand for gas which is high, means Nigerian govt will either have to fix the price for gas or leave Nigerians to the fate of international markets which means Nigerians again will have to pay the price other parts of the globe pays for gas which is really really really expensive for Nigerians..

Seriously, IMF is deep in Nigeria down to our economic philosophers and profs. Every bill Nigeria is passing that is economically based is opening Nigerians up for evil exploitation by multi nationals.!!!!

SOMEBODY HELP US!!!! WE NEED TO REVOLT!!
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by jmaine: 9:40pm On Jan 13, 2013
jp philips:

now i had to give up completely on you, seriously you read those parts of the PIB and you think it addressed the problem i highlighted above??

let me help you,

look at the business day link you supplied under the Caption, "PIB AND GAS" the first paragraph says that under the PIB the FG is pursuing a (DSO) for gas, do you know what that means?

DSO means domestic supply obligation, where the govt mandates the gas producers to bequeath some to them, was it not exactly what i referred to as "cap in hand", "begging" etc above? you seem not to even understand your own links.

what is wrong with your head? every link of yours always support my position, yet you don't want to give up, isn't that childish?? so going to gas producers to beg for gas is where the PIB solved the gas problem??

verily verily i say unto you; you have lost touch with common sense, tell me one country in the world who is a "major" oil and gas producer that operate the DSO model? just mention one, and you think your Govt is not insane?? guy, you and your PDP cohorts have a long way to go, in solving the least problem of this country.

furthermore;

the business day article you pasted that summarized the PIB on the fourth paragraph quoted the PIB that it will stop gas flaring,with a caveat that the minister for petroleum has the right to issue gas flaring permits , lol

you are so SSTTUUPPIIDD. Diezeni madueke just created choppings for herself while foooools like you think she did you a favor, tomorrow, she will go and collect billions of dollars from gas producers as flaring permit fee, flaring continues, gas is wasted, gas producers smile to the bank with high electricity tariff, the Ave. Nigerian become more suicidal and an olodo like you will nurse the temerity to argue that PIB solved your gas challenge. i laugh at your ignorance.

please i chose to discontinue this discussion because your ignorance is abysmal, i may chose to do it once more with someone sane but definitely not you,

Atimes i feel your suffering from a kind of syndrome . . . . You simply twitch here and there repeating the same thing . . . .

In our discuss, i mentioned the reflective cost pricing is reflected in the PIB to encourage willing investors in gas mining sector, and you asked me to quote it which i did . . .Are you this silly ?

In another stead you went rambling how the FG shouldn't concentrate only domestic gas supply alone while we flare gas and i quoted a portion of the PIB that addresses that under the gas flaring plan and gas utilization provision . . .

You are simply the fool who asked for proof and when given decided to go into more foolish fists . . . .

The Cost reflective pricing which is in place now to solve the current gas debacle is working pending when we begin to have massive investment in gas mining and utilization . . .

Again, the PIB will help strengthen that drive
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 13, 2013
jmaine:

Atimes i feel your suffering from a kind of syndrome . . . . You simply twitch here and there repeating the same thing . . . .

In our discuss, i mentioned the reflective cost pricing is reflected in the PIB to encourage willing investors in gas mining sector, and you asked me to quote it which i did . . .Are you this silly ?

In another stead you went rambling how the FG shouldn't concentrate only domestic gas supply alone while we flare gas and i quoted a portion of the PIB that addresses that under the gas flaring plan and gas utilization provision . . .

You are simply the fool who asked for proof and when given decided to go into more foolish fists . . . .

The Cost reflective pricing which is in place now to solve the current gas debacle is working pending when we begin to have massive investment in gas mining and utilization . . .

@bolded, that is rather vague. You have to give examples of how it's working. You are rather looking for a point by pointing that out. Any who glanced through your above comment will think that you posted something to show us that the CRP is working which you didn't.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by jpphilips(m): 10:36pm On Jan 13, 2013
0lumide: jmaine is a PDP card carrying member lol!

The DSO model is not necessarily "begging" like @jp philips insinuating. It will become begging if it is not mandatory.

But since the PIB will be a law if passed, I see no reason to assume that the DSO model will result to begging. Since it will be LAW, it will become mandatory.

So that may have addressed the issue of gas supply at marketing level only not production level.

Now here is my problem with the DSO: With government deregulating the oil industry, Nigerians will be back to the subsidy era as price of gas can be fixed by marketers.

If electricity is to become constant, gas supply has to become constant too. This means the demand for gas will be high and not elastic. Not elastic in the sense that if Nigeria needs 25k megawatts to have 24hrs electricity and it requires say 4k metric tons of gas per day, (jus estimation), then the demand for gas will always be 4k metric tons per day until need for more mega watts comes. Since the demand is inelastic, and high, producers have nothing to fear jacking up prices. This is the problem!!

What the above means is that if the gas supply is expensive, it will stay so because the demand is the same. For Nigeria, petrol is tooooo freaking expensive but it will stay so until the demand drops (not likely) or a people oriented government weigh in and reduce the price to say 20 naira.

Now back to the DSO issue, as I have showed, deregulation, plus DSO, plus the natural laws of demand and supply means the DSO model will not work for Nigeria because it means Nigerians will pay wayyyy more for gas they have an abundance of. and that is hardcore exploitation...

Nigerians should really go deeper when analyzing issues of economical matters in Nigeria. DSO when coupled with international demand for gas which is high, means Nigerian govt will either have to fix the price for gas or leave Nigerians to the fate of international markets which means Nigerians again will have to pay the price other parts of the globe pays for gas which is really really really expensive for Nigerians..

Seriously, IMF is deep in Nigeria down to our economic philosophers and profs. Every bill Nigeria is passing that is economically based is opening Nigerians up for evil exploitation by multi nationals.!!!!

the bold part of your post has compelled me to respond, the problem is three dimensional, the Govt is not solving any but creating a work around that will be disastrous in the long run.

I attacked jamaine from the first faucet while you attacked from the second, i had wanted to explain upto where you are till you came to that which i appreciate and knowing that jamaine is a lost soul, i wasn't motivated.

now let me explain why i called the DSO begging.

Do you remember that DSO in the Oil and gas industry is the reason you don't have refineries today and will not have anytime soon?? have you forgotten so soon?

lemme jog your memory a little, before 2008, Nigeria has a DSO of 250,000bbls of crude daily, at the time the total refining capacity of all our refineries put together was about 180,000bbls per day, though all the refineries have installed capacity of (450,000bbls daily at optimum), then DSO was law.

OBJ became president and fused the petroleum ministry with the presidency creating a bureaucratic chain and that led to poor maintenance of the refineries, how did it happen?

every manager has a limit of approval, imagine where you need the approval of the president himself to replace a malfunctioning pump in the refinery, it was that bad. it lead to the death of the refineries and no TAM contracts was awarded.

with the refineries, dead, it was easier for some cronies of the president to be diverting the DSO, (since the refineries could no longer utilize them), it was a grand plan that worked (NT Africa pride vessel) hope that vessel rang a bell.

we are talking about 250,000bbls of crude daily being bequeathed to us by our JV partners, the OBJ administration equally lied that they export crude while we receive products in return, that might be true but considering the fact that subsidy was released during the period and also the contract with the refining companies remained a secret, (i suspected the powers that be must have tied their interest around it), the senate in 2008 instructed the NNPC under the management of kupolokun to scrap the DSO idea and mandated NNPC to export all, then import products and also sustain the crude exchange deal in part.

brother, this was our yesterday, my people say that "a child who refuses to heed his past cannot make a better tomorrow"

our govt today wants another DSO for gas without recourse to how that policy ruined our refineries.

you said that if it is a law then it is not begging, well literary, you are right, in reality you are wrong, do you know that NNPC has not finished paying SPDC for the AGG projects of 2002 to 2005, are you aware??

How can you ask SPDC to hand over gas they spent money to harness to NGC simply because you have a funny law called PIB?? which business man does that? when i have not received the 60% from your own equity? that is why the flare it when they cant export it, because they own it. surprising huh!!

the infrastructure is mine till you meet your obligation, that is why i said that the law is misleading, we can only beg them but we cant force them.

i hope you know the LNG now NLNG story and how long it took our govt to assume ownership?how many years again?? 12 freaking yrs if im not mistaken.

we are just going in circles, the Gas producers will say "NO" and the flaring saga will repeat itself.

please do not misconstrue my example above, it is not quintessential to the issue of gas but you can at least appreciate some history.

ok, if the Govt say they want a DSO for Gas no wahala, but whose Gas? no producer will concede to Giving you gas he spent money to extract for free, lie lie.

have we taken care of the problem of diversion? where intermediate companies will emerge from nowhere to mediate between the gas contractor and the producer??

the PIB equally goofed where it said the gas contractor will be liable to flaring penalties, does it sound sane? if NGC lift gas from Total, NGC will be liable for TOTAL's flaring? Mad people are in the corridors of power, but most Nigerians are just blind.

DSO, will simply not work and it is not the solution to our gas problem, we seem to be overtly concerned about export gas but brother, what about domestic gas? do you know that if the right thing is done, a 12.5kg cooking gas will be selling for 800naira or less?

guy, so many things are happening in this country, do you know that NLNG in partnership with the Nigerian Govt is operating a form of DSO for domestic gas supply and it has been on for years, why is it not working?

NLNG agreed to be releasing a portion of gas to us for domestic consumption daily (i don't have the figure on this system, will source it later), the Govt hoarded the license to a few cronies, so on daily basis, NLNG release these gas but no one can touch them, the cronies lift the little they can while the others are wasted or exported. this is a fact.

lift little, starve the market and triple your profit margin is the rule of the game.

imagine if all those gas flood the market, supply will defn out weigh demand and you know what the price will be, so you see, with these antecedents, i feel sorry for jamaine who thinks that DSO is the solution to our Gas challenge.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jan 13, 2013
jp philips:

the bold part of your post has compelled me to respond, the problem is three dimensional, the Govt is not solving any but creating a work around that will be disastrous in the long run.

I attacked jamaine from the first faucet while you attacked from the second, i had wanted to explain upto where you are till you came to that which i appreciate and knowing that jamaine is a lost soul, i wasn't motivated.

now let me explain why i called the DSO begging.

Do you remember that DSO in the Oil and gas industry is the reason you don't have refineries today and will not have anytime soon?? have you forgotten so soon?

lemme jog your memory a little, before 2008, Nigeria has a DSO of 250,000bbls of crude daily, at the time the total refining capacity of all our refineries put together was about 180,000bbls per day, though all the refineries have installed capacity of (450,000bbls daily at optimum), then DSO was law.

OBJ became president and fused the petroleum ministry with the presidency creating a bureaucratic chain and that led to poor maintenance of the refineries, how did it happen?

every manager has a limit of approval, imagine where you need the approval of the president himself to replace a malfunctioning pump in the refinery, it was that bad. it lead to the death of the refineries and no TAM contracts was awarded.

with the refineries, dead, it was easier for some cronies of the president to be diverting the DSO, (since the refineries could no longer utilize them), it was a grand plan that worked (NT Africa pride vessel) hope that vessel rang a bell.

we are talking about 250,000bbls of crude daily being bequeathed to us by our JV partners, the OBJ administration equally lied that they export crude while we receive products in return, that might be true but considering the fact that subsidy was released during the period and also the contract with the refining companies remained a secret, (i suspected the powers that be must have tied their interest around it), the senate in 2008 instructed the NNPC under the management of kupolokun to scrap the DSO idea and mandated NNPC to export all, then import products and also sustain the crude exchange deal in part.

brother, this was our yesterday, my people say that "a child who refuses to heed his past cannot make a better tomorrow"

our govt today wants another DSO for gas without recourse to how that policy ruined our refineries.

you said that if it is a law then it is not begging, well literary, you are right, in reality you are wrong, do you know that NNPC has not finished paying SPDC for the AGG projects of 2002 to 2005, are you aware??

How can you ask SPDC to hand over gas they spent money to harness to NGC simply because you have a funny law called PIB?? which business man does that? when i have not received the 60% from your own equity? that is why the flare it when they cant export it, because they own it. surprising huh!!

the infrastructure is mine till you meet your obligation, that is why i said that the law is misleading, we can only beg them but we cant force them.

i hope you know the LNG now NLNG story and how long it took our govt to assume ownership?how many years again?? 12 freaking yrs if im not mistaken.

we are just going in circles, the Gas producers will say "NO" and the flaring saga will repeat itself.

please do not misconstrue my example above, it is not quintessential to the issue of gas but you can at least appreciate some history.

ok, if the Govt say they want a DSO for Gas no wahala, but whose Gas? no producer will concede to Giving you gas he spent money to extract for free, lie lie.

DSO, will simply not work

We are on same page. DSO will not work. While I explained the economical aspect of it's not working, you explained the technical aspect.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 13, 2013
@ JP Philips:

I honestly think the FG should just build the infrastructures to have gas supplied to plants since the FG is now involved with generating which we thought they deregulated.

I think Nigerian FG is a biiig joke and a shame!!!!...

We are tried of these lies mehn! The FG isn't doing shiit to address the power problems.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by jpphilips(m): 10:58pm On Jan 13, 2013
0lumide:

We are on same page. DSO will not work. While I explained the economical aspect of it's not working, you explained the technical aspect.

But your argument messed up when you think the FG will beg suppliers for free gas. I think they just want to ensure the companies sell some of their gas in local market or to power plant or something of that nature not for free.

I modified my post above you may chose to review yours.

the infrastructures are not owned by us but them, the ones we have claim to is by 60%.

so if you say, give me DSO, who gives you his DSO? if you mandate them to sell locally, still no wahala, but they will sell at international gas rate, you just saved them shipping cost, lol.

How do you benefit anyways
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by jpphilips(m): 11:08pm On Jan 13, 2013
0lumide: @ JP Philips:

I honestly think the FG should just build the infrastructures to have gas supplied to plants since the FG is now involved with generating which we thought they deregulated.

I think Nigerian FG is a biiig joke and a shame!!!!...

We are tried of these lies mehn! The FG isn't doing shiit to address the power problems.

now you are speaking my language.

since you have power plants which investors are interested in, why don't you develop gas infrastructures, that way,you can generate your own gas and sell to a booming market, to gas plants and domestic supply. that is supposed to be bro. jo's NIPP phase two if he is sincere because that challenge has been on for so long.

to save cost, the Govt can use AGG facilities to harness flared gases, the JV partners will have no choice but pay us for taking care of their supposed flared gas, while we on the other hand sell it and make mega money,

that is what i expected of the PIB, that is what is obtainable in other climes, Govt don't fold arms and ask Gas producers to stop flaring, "NO", Govt doesn't fold hands to ask for DSO's "NO", the Govt will develop infrastructures that redistributes it then charge you for discharging it.

In Saudi, the Govt sends your flare to their own plant, process and sell it in the international market, then come and give you handling charges.

our leaders don't think.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by taharqa: 11:35pm On Jan 13, 2013
jp philips:

let me help you,

furthermore;

I told myself I was not going to be involved in this game of yours cos it is entirely worthless: the Nigerian people (the actual VOTERS) who are (and will) enjoy stable power would know it was GEJ's time that it occurs; your attempt to play politics with it would just remain in the internet, believed only be loonies like yourself.

But just to say that, your comment above has got to be the funniest attempt at running away from a situation of been caught in one's lies during a debate!! DSO is a 'cap in hand', 'begging' model, right? *simply hilarious*.. oh, and the discretionary powers of the Minister of Pet to grant some exceptions to total stoppage of gas flaring in the PIB is ONLY meant to 'chop' money from the majors, abi? *laughing* But chai guy, you are a clown- ever heard of technical reasons to flare gases during Exploration even in the most regulated environment?

EDIT: I forgot to tell you this: you have no clue of what you have been trying to debate; and I wouldn't WASTE my time debating you cos it is no use (see reason in 1st paragraph)
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jan 13, 2013
jp philips:

now you are speaking my language.

since you have power plants which investors are interested in, why don't you develop gas infrastructures, that way,you can generate your own gas and sell to a booming market, to gas plants and domestic supply. that is supposed to be bro. jo's NIPP phase two if he is sincere because that challenge has been on for so long.

to save cost, the Govt can use AGG facilities to harness flared gases, the JV partners will have no choice but pay us for taking care of their supposed flared gas, while we on the other hand sell it and make mega money,

that is what i expected of the PIB, that is what is obtainable in other climes, Govt don't fold arms and ask Gas producers to stop flaring, "NO", Govt doesn't fold hands to ask for DSO's "NO", the Govt will develop infrastructures that redistributes it then charge you for discharging it.

In Saudi, the Govt sends your flare to their own plant, process and sell it in the international market, then come and give you handling charges.

our leaders don't think.

Jona? build gas processing plant? A phantom gas cabal with more power than GEJ will come up. grin grin

I see you know a lot about the energy sector.. Worked there before?
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by jpphilips(m): 12:29am On Jan 14, 2013
taharqa:

I told myself I was not going to be involved in this game of yours cos it is entirely worthless: the Nigerian people (the actual VOTERS) who are (and will) enjoy stable power would know it was GEJ's time that it occurs; your attempt to play politics with it would just remain in the internet, believed only be loonies like yourself.

But just to say that, your comment above has got to be the funniest attempt at running away from a situation of been caught in one's lies during a debate!! DSO is a 'cap in hand', 'begging' model, right? *simply hilarious*.. oh, and the discretionary powers of the Minister of Pet to grant some exceptions to total stoppage of gas flaring in the PIB is ONLY meant to 'chop' money from the majors, abi? *laughing* But chai guy, you are a clown- ever heard of technical reasons to flare gases during Exploration even in the most regulated environment?

EDIT: I forgot to tell you this: you have no clue of what you have been trying to debate; and I wouldn't WASTE my time debating you cos it is no use (see reason in 1st paragraph)

people that voted bro. jo will enjoy steady power, lol. in which life?? this one the model that is about to be released already carries a subsidy tag?? lol lol lol

i made a wager with beaf before he passed on (may his ignorant soul rest in peace) that no refinery will stand in this country from Jan last year, he called it conspiracy theory, today, i ve won with my conspiracy and the presidency fired him with my money.

let me be clear, with the model bro. jo is pursuing, no ave. Nigerian, will enjoy steady electricity, i can make that wager with you today and hope you don't get fired. only the rich will enjoy it.

talking about standard flaring, i have 534 oil and gas operating manuals that support it, enshrining into the PIB to make it a law, is a "DEAL", myopic minds like you can never see it till it becomes a problem.

the "surge" or "chocking" or "suck back" can not wait for Abuja's approval, every operator must do the needful, why make it a law? it is a standard safety procedure that protects Madueke's facility, why the bureaucracy?

Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by pazienza(m): 4:17am On Jan 14, 2013
Jp. Thanks for the enlightenment.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Demdem(m): 7:25am On Jan 14, 2013
This thread once again have re-iterated my long stance about that miserable document called the PIB. That document needs to be torn apart and shredded to pieces. Its not in the interest of the Nigerian people.

This govt itself gives no damn about the people. Good comments u have here Jpphilips. am also within the industry and can collaborate many of the things u stated. Those within the industry knows that the govt is just fooling around and there is a limit to which they can speak out before they would be labelled as cabals by the retardeen and his cohorts. i also dont have the time and patience to attend to issues with known fools over here the way u are doing.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by jpphilips(m): 8:44am On Jan 14, 2013
Demdem: This thread once again have re-iterated my long stance about that miserable document called the PIB. That document needs to be torn apart and shredded to pieces. Its not in the interest of the Nigerian people.

This govt itself gives no damn about the people. Good comments u have here Jpphilips. am also within the industry and can collaborate many of the things u stated. Those within the industry knows that the govt is just fooling around and there is a limit to which they can speak out before they would be labelled as cabals by the retardeen and his cohorts. i also dont have the time and patience to attend to issues with known fools over here the way u are doing.

please don't remind me about the PIB, its just the elitist document that bro. jo and his crew wants to use to sell Nigeria to themselves.

look at the caption in the PIB about indegenisation and ownership of oil and gas assets, i was like, who came up with this shyte.

the PIB clearly stipulates 70% ownership for Nigerian companies, lemme use examples to explain it.

there is a contract called turn around maintenance awarded by NNPC say every 5yrs, with the PIB, NNPC cannot just give it to a foreign company without an indigenous front.

now, The PIB conveniently ignored to stipulate the guidelines for companies in the oil industry to qualify for different contracts. before, there used to be categories, today a toothpick supplying company can wake up one morning and bid for oil well, yea its that simple, why do you think that Nest oil that has never seen an electric cable is bidding and winning power plants?

do you know why they made it so? so that company owners (politicians by proxy) can expand their tentacles in the oil industry and acquire more assets, abeg how does that useless law benefit the Nigerian people.

now let me give you the biggest shocker,

under welfare and benefits, there was no laid out rule for remuneration by risk for oil workers, that means that the Indigenous companies who have extended their tentacles, made more money can pay pittance to its staff, PIB did not address that.

i was expecting the PIB to come up with a living wage for indigenous oil workers in Nigeria just like the Americans do it, needless to remind you that the Americans rated the oil and gas job as the 8th riskiest job in the world as such western Europeans and North Americans earn between $450,000 to $650,000 annually (top executive positions)while the field operatives earn between $800 to $1,200 daily.

i have pushed this argument in the past and i was meant to understand that it is because of the inherent risks in the Niger delta and the Gulf of guinea, i quickly asked myself,

why did the PIB our own law couldn't give us a living wage when the Nigerian people are faced with the same risks as the others, the PIB was basically constructed to line the pockets of the people that put it together. of course the politicians will lose money if they pay their staff well.

why will a catering company like SJ Abed or what nonsense name it calls itself be paying an offshore staff a paltry 30,000naira monthly, and the staff has no law to back himself?

it is not like the indigenous companies are earning less money, as a matter of fact, the contract sum is now higher than when the foreigners were around yet the Indigenous companies refuse to pay, why?

perhaps one of these days, we will dissect the PIB further so that Nigerians will appreciate that madueke is doing a great disservice to this nation. imagine advocating DSO to address the gas challenges in Nigeria? that woman is a nut case.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by taharqa: 10:27am On Jan 14, 2013
jp philips:

people that voted bro. jo will enjoy steady power, lol. in which life?? this one the model that is about to be released already carries a subsidy tag?? lol lol lol

i made a wager with beaf before he passed on (may his ignorant soul rest in peace) that no refinery will stand in this country from Jan last year, he called it conspiracy theory, today, i ve won with my conspiracy and the presidency fired him with my money.

let me be clear, with the model bro. jo is pursuing, no ave. Nigerian, will enjoy steady electricity, i can make that wager with you today and hope you don't get fired. only the rich will enjoy it.

talking about standard flaring, i have 534 oil and gas operating manuals that support it, enshrining into the PIB to make it a law, is a "DEAL", myopic minds like you can never see it till it becomes a problem.

the "surge" or "chocking" or "suck back" can not wait for Abuja's approval, every operator must do the needful, why make it a law? it is a standard safety procedure that protects Madueke's facility, why the bureaucracy?

Okay, then i shall now try to respond to you cos of a single reason- to show you do not hv any clue of what u are talking about (i mean not a single clue at all)... Your entire argument here started and rests on d 'fact' that d Geregu plant in questn is the very plant constructd by OBJ which you hv bn seeing near lokoja.

Fail No 1: you do not know d diff bw Geregu I and Geregu II. You do not know that d 414MW Geregu I power plant (most of whose core constructn was completed by OBJ in 2006 though which wasnt alignd to d national grid cos of gas pipeline and transmissn evacuatn challenges until recently- d plant has just been privatisd last yr though so wud be doing well going forward) IS VERY DIFFERENT from d 434MW Geregu II power plant (d plant whose turbins purchase contract was given to GE in Sept 2010 and whose core construction, gas pipelines and transmission evacuation facilities hv now bn completd in exactly 2yrs as was plannd).

Fail No 2: you said that GEJ has not constructd nor mainly completed any power plant as according to you, they were all 'built by OBJ' , abi? So Omotosho II, Oloronsogo II, Sapele, and parts of Alaoji most of whose constructn (core constructn, gas pipelines and Evacuatn facilities) hv bn done in d last 3 yrs and are now suppling power to d grid, are what then? Guess you also ignorantly thought that d old Omotosho and Olorosongun plants (mostly built by OBJ although almost nothing was done in terms of d gas pipelines and Evacuatn facilities then) were the only plants in those 2 areas. Egbema, Ibom, Benin/Ihovbor and Gbarain new power plants whose main works have also bn done in d last 3 yrs are virtuali complete, and certainly at least sm of dier units wud be fired up and should wheel power to d grid this year; only d Calabar plant may not come on stream in d foreseeable future cos of its peculiar gas pipelines and transmissn evacuatn problems.

Fail No 3: GEJ has 'not built any Transmissn or Distributn facilities' lol, i just cant stop laughing- u just dont know how ridiculously ignorant this particular claim is!! 234km of new 330kv transmission lines wud even be inauguratd smtime dis month, and dis is apart from d many kms of transmission and distributn lines and dier accompanying substations that hv bn built in every single state within d last 3yrs. Hell, GEJ has done even beta in constructing, repairing and expanding these lines than he had even done with power plants cos they were a complete mess b4 he came, and its one area OBJ (who granted did sm good work in power generation And policy issues like Power Act) didnt do almost anything; there is a reason d nation can NOW effectively wheel 4300-4500MW of power for weeks and months without a serious systems failure whilst d entire system collapsd in 2 days when we fooolishly tried wheeling 3800MW power in 2008. Go figure...... Am tird of typing, plus i gat to go do sm oda tins BUT i will be back later to continue responding to d ignorant NONSENSE you hv bn spewing tru out dis thread- Fail No 4 and No 5, etc. For eg, u opend yr mouth IN PUBLIC to confidently say dat GEJ 'has not built any gas lines', abi? *smh*...later

3 Likes

Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by taharqa: 10:51am On Jan 14, 2013
Demdem: This thread once again have re-iterated my long stance about that miserable document called the PIB. That document needs to be torn apart and shredded to pieces. Its not in the interest of the Nigerian people.

Will respond later...
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by jpphilips(m): 11:46am On Jan 14, 2013
[quote author=taharqa]
Okay, then i shall now try to respond to you cos of a single reason- to show you do not hv any clue what u are talking about (i mean not a single clue at all)... Your entire argument here startd and rests on d 'fact' that d Geregu in questn here is the very plant constructd by OBJ which you hv bn seeing near lokoja.

my argument is that bro. jo didn't do anything at Geregu except rerouting gas channels,in the face of other bigger challenges, if you are privy to other things that were done, kindly inform your fellow Nigerians we all want to learn.
your friend jamaine has erroneously pasted a link where Nnaji admitted to that, i wonder why i should believe you against Nnaji himself

Fail No 1: you do not know d diff bw Geregu I and Geregu II. You do not know that d 414MW Geregu I power plant (most of who core constructn was completed by OBJ in 2006 though wasnt alignd to d national grid cos of gas pipeline and transmissn evacuatn challenges until recently- d plant has was privatisd last yr though so wud be doing well going forward) AND d 434MW Geregu II power plant (d plant whose turbins purchase contract was given to GE in Sept 2010 and whose core construction, gas pipelines and transmission evacuation facilities hv now bn completd in exactly 2yrs as was plannd).

I believe all of us are on the same page on the red part, no arguments here, on the bold part of your quote the Govt announced they commissioned Geregu 434mw not 414mw. the Geregu 414mw was commissioned in april-may 2011
here is the proof.

[url]http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/03/geregu-power-plant-to-generate-414mw-daily-from-may/
[/url]

are you saying that Bro. jo, started and commissioned a 414mw power plant in 2011? do you have any idea how long that project lasted?

make no mistakes, this discussion is not about Geregu 414mw but Geregu 434mw so please i will advise you stay on point,

everything i wrote above about Geregu 434mw is still on point except you disprove any.

Fail No 2: you said that GEJ has not constructd nor mainly completed any power plant as they were all 'built by OBJ' according to you, abi? So Omotosho II, Oloronsogo II, Sapele, and parts of Alaoji most of which constructn (core constructn, gas pipelines and Evacuatn facilities) hv bn done in d last 3 yrs and are now suppling power to d grid, are what then?

Alaoji was bro. jo's brain child cos the contract was awarded in 2012, however the plant wont come up stream till 2015, hope it is still justified to say he has not completed any yet.

here is my proof

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_power_stations_in_Nigeria
[/url]

omotosho II was supposed to deliver 450mw, bro. jo managed to commission it at a disappointing 120mw pleading to complete it later, the date for the completion is still unclear so i am still very on point with my assertion, omotosho II is yet to be completed, here is the proof.

[url]http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/284-breaking-news/38392-omotosho-power-plant-ready-for-operation
[/url]

olonsongo II is still suffering the same fate as at last week, the station went down thrice and yet to recover, as we speak, it is struggling to operate below installed capacity and yes, work is still in progress. here is my proof

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_power_stations_in_Nigeria
[/url]

Guess you also ignorantly thought that d old Omotosho and Olorosongun plants (mostly built by OBJ although almost nothing was done in terms of d gas pipelines and Evacuatn facilities then) were the only plants in those 2 areas

sorry to disappoint you,i visited both plants on the 16th of Dec last year and 5th of January this year, planning another trip on the 26th of feb. wont mind if you tag along with us, we still have space for one wink i perfectly know the diff. between them.

Egbema, Ibom, Benin/Ihovbor and Gbarain new power plants whose main works have also bn done in d last 3 yrs are virtuali complete, and certainly at least sm of dier units wud be fired up and wheel power to d grid this year; only d Calabar plant may not come on stream in d foreseeable future cos of its peculiar gas pipelines and transmissn evacuatn problems. Fail No 3:

i have the progress report of all the above stations you mentioned, it is an insult to my God given "kaffer" to assume, insinuate or conclude that they are anywhere near completion, i dont want to give you press release i will show you on the ground pictures to recant those things you wrote above, btw

Egbema is a tiny 338mw sattion still under construction, you want to give bro. jo kudos for abandoned project?? i don't think so.

Ibom power plant has been operational since 2009, i wonder how bro. jo came into the equation that completed it.

feel free to study this chart above and enlighten your self the references points to the federal ministry of power, you can thank me later when you declare interest on the omotosho trip.

As at Today, no single power plant has been constructed and finished from the scratch by bro. jo in 3yrs.............jp philips

shouldn't we be ashamed, considering the amount of money spent??

Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by brainyc: 1:26pm On Jan 14, 2013
0lumide: jmaine is a PDP card carrying member lol!

u ar a big fool nd a block headed sadist,which company did ur father or u or ur relatives open for nigerians.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Demdem(m): 1:29pm On Jan 14, 2013
jp philips:

perhaps one of these days, we will dissect the PIB further so that Nigerians will appreciate that madueke is doing a great disservice to this nation. imagine advocating DSO to address the gas challenges in Nigeria? that woman is a nut case.

i think its high time we dissect that piece of thrash called the PIB. Not because there is nothing positive about it at all but we have more of negatives than positives. My fear is the NASS may not do a good job. Already, they are being blackmailed. In as much as i recognized that the oil and gas industry needs to be restructured and NNPC broken down, its unfortunate that the PIB will simply add more sorrow to our current miserable state.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by brainyc: 1:31pm On Jan 14, 2013
jmaine:

i love brainy guys like u.they are nting bt parasites who never want changes,the old ways didnt work,in gej we trust.transformation all the way.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by jpphilips(m): 1:42pm On Jan 14, 2013
brainy c: i love brainy guys like u.they are nting bt parasites who never want changes,the old ways didnt work,in gej we trust.transformation all the way.

you might as well, take a deep breath before concluding on that
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by taharqa: 11:14pm On Jan 14, 2013
Siemens Energy, an engineering conglomerate in Germany, has won a contract from Nigeria for construction of the 434MW Geregu II gas turbine power plant in Ajaokuta.
Located approximately 200km south of the capital Abuja in Nigeria, Geregu II is a follow-up project to the Geregu I power plant, which Siemens built in 2006
. The client is the Nigeria-based utility company Niger Delta Power Holding Company (NDPHC). The order is worth approximately EUR230 million ($300 million). The gas fired power plant is expected to become operational in late 2012.
The company will supply three SGT5-2000E gas turbines, the electrical equipment and an SPPA-T3000 instrumentation & control system for the plant, which it will build as a turnkey project. With the latest project the number of Siemens heavy-duty gas turbines in Nigeria will increase to eight. The centrally located power plant is of strategic importance for grid stability and is therefore a key project for power supply in Nigeria.

http://www.worldconstructionnetwork.com/news/siemens_to_construct_geregu_ii_gas_turbine_power_plant_in_nigeria_100907/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads / Police Impound Arms-laden Vehicle In Kwara / Senator Akpabio Speaks From London, Disowns @senakpabio Twitter Handle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 372
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.