Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,713 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice (7249 Views)

Nigeria Economics Loses To Politics As Buhari Takes Naira Stand – Bloomberg / U.S. To Join Nigeria In The Fight Against Boko Haram / Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by AleciaM(f): 11:51am On Jan 09, 2013
Why I want to join politics

At a point in my life I had to stay with my grand parent when my mum wanted to go back to school. She had me at a pretty young age when she was still in the university therefore the reason to go back to school. My school was in front of a slum and as a 7 year old child I used to feel something different seeing that sight but would never understand why or what. I never shared this with anyone and just felt helpless.

I always had goose bumps seeing slums and needy people. My mum was the last born and 12th born of her parents these means I have loads of Uncles and Auntie's and the only thing they knew how to the best is buy me loads and loads of clothes and shoes, I had more than I could wear then, As I grew up I saw some girls within my age group leaving in that slum wearing rags and dirty attires, I always wonder why they had nothing to wear when I had more than necessary at home, I started to hide one or two clothes in my school bag everyday, dashing it out to the girls after school hours. Nobody notice my clothes were missing or something, I just made sure I don't touch the one's mum bought for me, this is the place from where the seed of giving back to the society was
planted deep in my heart.

My grandfather was into politics then, he was like a mini-godfather of politicians back then in the village. I was exposed to a little background of Nigeria politics through him. I started voting at the age of 8, all my grandfather and his gang of politicians needed was our thumb prints( I and my numerous cousins) anytime I complained that am not an adult yet, 'he replied and asked who told me I have to be an adult to vote' different people vying for the same seat brought money to our house at ungodly hours and my grandfather will collect from all of them. I used to think he was a 419 but he kept telling me that's how politics is played. Growing up with all these memories have always promised my self never to go into politics.

But few months back I stepped back and thought why poverty is still prevalent in our country and that too at such a large scale. Why can’t we challenge illiteracy and throw it out? And many other such questions came to my mind. I came up with many answers such as corruption, ineffective policies, corrupt politicians, government, lack of awareness about our rights) among people etc. What struck me the most was politicians and government. Because it is the place from where policies are drafted and politicians are the people who have to execute them. A politician is elected by the people and hence he/she should be held accountable for their sufferings. I think that a person who has seen
ground realities and can connect to the masses, their needs, can better help in framing policies and work for the upliftment of the under privileged.

And now my beliefs is that there is a need to change our policies and have them strengthened. And I feel that this can be done only by active involvement of youth in politics. We are a very young nation and youth of our nation have immense potential, we have the potential to. change our nation and give it a new shape. We can make Nigeria a healthy, educated and a safe place to live in. I dream of a Nigeria which is free from poverty, hunger, illiteracy, corruption; a Nigeria with no urban and rural divide; a Nigeria which is a safe place to live in; a Nigeria where liberty, equality, fraternity and justice is not just written in the constitution, come let’s make it true, together we can change our nation.

I want to be a part of political system and transform the system that caters to the needs of 155million people. Let’s change the definition of politics in Nigeria, let’s start the politics of development, ethics and values.

I was talking to a friend and he said if I want to join politics in Nigeria, then:

1- I must be ready to practice and be involve in juju? Is this really true?
2- That as a lady I must be ready to have intimacy with those in power before I can be heard or seen
3- I must be ready to practice corruption.
He went on and on, are his points really true about politics in Nigeria?

Now to the mature minds if I really want to join Nigeria politics,how and how should I go about it? What are the do's and don't's in Nigeria politics? Which political party can I join so I can make my impact? Which female politician can I choose as a mentor? I was thinking of Abike Dabiri I admire that woman.

Your opinions are welcome.

2 Likes

Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by kittykat1(f): 12:06pm On Jan 09, 2013
Subscribing
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 09, 2013
My sista you already have your answer na.

2- That as a lady I must be ready to have intimacy with those in power before I can be heard or seen
He went on and on, are his points really through about politics in Nigeria?

NOTE-Number two is the most important.Be prepared for a Rapid Increase in your pu-ssy mileage.

Congrats in advance.

4 Likes

Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by kunlekunle: 12:30pm On Jan 09, 2013
if you can talk, good.
you need to understand politics and naija political history and structure.
you must be a book worm.

your 1,2,3 fears would be over.
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 09, 2013
@ OP, if you're pretty or endowed in the right places, all you have to do is become one of the big politicians or retired general's wives or concubines.

You really don't have to offer or have anything upstairs.

Your role models here are Daisy Danjuma and Oluremi Tinubu.

YOU WILL GO VERY FAR.

1 Like

Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by taharqa: 12:47pm On Jan 09, 2013
Like where ya head is @OP. Just keep exploring it till you mk a difference. All d best

1 Like

Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by redsun(m): 1:35pm On Jan 09, 2013
You should either be ready to become an immoral shamelesszombie or be ready the fight a long fight that might cost you your life for the mere fact that you are rational and hardworking.

Nigerian elite scene is like an immoral blackhole that sucks in any atom of morality that comes around it.What the country needs is a controlled revolution,a systematic elimination of the dark minded ruling elite.Nothing else will work.

3 Likes

Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 09, 2013
Brand_new: @ OP, if you're pretty or endowed in the right places, all you have to do is become one of the big politicians or retired general's wives or concubines.

You really don't have to offer or have anything upstairs.

Your role models here are Daisy Danjuma and Oluremi Tinubu.

YOU WILL GO VERY FAR.
guy, you wicked o! Anyway you ain't far from the truth.
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by SlyIg(f): 2:45pm On Jan 09, 2013
Nigerian politics is quite different from what you think politics should be.
1. A Nigerian politician must sell his or her conscience to the devil before being accepted into the game.
2. Must have a reputable godfather in higher authority.
3. If female,must have a quiet husband that has been tamed by her juju.
4. Be ready to send all your children outside the country out of reach of your opponents.
5. Be ready to call any dark colour white and vice versa.
These and many more,you must acquire before you can succeed in the Nigerian politics. But if you really want to help the helpless as you've put down on your writeup,why not start an NGO,a Non Governmental Organisation.

8 Likes

Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 09, 2013
^^^
Lol @ number 3 grin. But which godfather will u recommend? Is it OBJ, Anenih or Andy Uba?

1 Like

Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 09, 2013
@ Alecia.M: I like your profile pic, u look elegant cool
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 09, 2013
Like that Macro from Tropoja guy said to Liam Neeson:

Good luck cheesy
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by DANILSA(m): 4:20pm On Jan 09, 2013
Kamanda: My sista you already have your answer na.

He went on and on, are his points really through about politics in Nigeria?

NOTE-Number two is the most important.Be prepared for a Rapid Increase in your pu-ssy mileage.

Congrats in advance.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 09, 2013
Join
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by Adanyebe(m): 4:21pm On Jan 09, 2013
THERE IS NO HURRY IN LIFE MY DEAR YOUNG LADY. ABI U WAN DIE BEFORE UR TIME. IF I MAY ASK DO U HAVE STRONG BLACK MAGICAL POWERS TO USE AGAINST UR OPPONENT?
ABI NA DEATH U DEY FIND?
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by Abyjah: 4:23pm On Jan 09, 2013
Op, if you can't furck with the devil with no condom and come clean pls stay away from politics.

Get yourself a nice dude to knock you up and just sleep and dream a safer dream.

However if you wish to meet the devil but don't know how...Don't be scared now to check ma signature.
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by speeder(m): 4:23pm On Jan 09, 2013
I like Yor dreams for the future.
You know, nothing wrong with dreaming.

Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by LesbianBoy(m): 4:24pm On Jan 09, 2013
Are you ready to die now?!! If you are, then go ahead and be a poliTHIEfician! And please don't join PDP!
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by DANILSA(m): 4:24pm On Jan 09, 2013
DAMSEL wink WHY DONT YOU DO SOMETHING BETTER WITH YOUR LIFE, THAN LIVING A LIFE OF HYPOCRISY, LIES,HARLOTRY, JUJULISM, DECEPTION,GODFATHERISM, GREED, THIEFERY AND CONFUSION ALL IN THE NAME OF POLITICS angry sad undecided lipsrsealed BE READY TO DIE HARD cry cry OR FAIL

1 Like

Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by freecocoa(f): 4:25pm On Jan 09, 2013
OP whatever you do, please don't join PDP.

1 Like

Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by pwiz(m): 4:25pm On Jan 09, 2013
Na lie, you just want your own share of the national treasure.
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by YuzedoII: 4:29pm On Jan 09, 2013
SlyIg:
3. If female,must have a quiet husband that has been tamed by her juju.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by surveyProf(m): 4:29pm On Jan 09, 2013
@ first you hv to tell us the political party that u want to join, is it PDP? ACN, CPC etc, and what position do u intend to go in for, Governorship, Senate, House of Rep,State house Assembly, Commissioner, local govt chairman etc, with dis I should be able to show u the right part!@ first you hv to tell us the political party that u want to join, is it PDP? ACN, CPC etc, and what position do u intend to go in for, Governorship, Senate, House of Rep,State house Assembly, Commissioner, local govt chairman etc, with dis I should be able to show u the right part!@ first you hv to tell us the political party that u want to join, is it PDP? ACN, CPC etc, and what position do u intend to go in for, Governorship, Senate, House of Rep,State house Assembly, Commissioner, local govt chairman etc, with dis I should be able to show u the right part!
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by Francheezy(m): 4:34pm On Jan 09, 2013
mehn....na!ja peeps.....pes0n axe 4 adv!ce, na im una dey m!slead d pes0n lyk d!z....una dey very funny...naw 23rd 0n table, fr0m 3rd 0n table
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 09, 2013
go back to the kitchen and stay there,its where you belong.politic is for men except if you want to be the next sarah palin &co aka figurants.

1 Like

Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 09, 2013
berem: Anyway you ain't far from the truth.
Thanks for confirming that.
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by maclatunji: 4:38pm On Jan 09, 2013
Errrr... don't start by joining a political party. Start with your neighbourhood, what do people there need or require for a better standard of living? Can you use your skills to help to see that your community's needs are met? Can you communicate effectively with those in power to get things done? I think this is a safe way to start. In the process of doing this, you will learn more about human nature, how political power operates and how people use it.

I think the essence of politics in its pristine form is to acquire power to be able to touch people's lives positively- start with that and I guess you will find out if it is for you or not.

By the way, I am not a big fan of politics but understand that you need politicians to get the country going.

4 Likes

Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by Okijajuju1(m): 4:41pm On Jan 09, 2013
Be ready to submit your pkekus to all the god fathers you meet on your way.. NUFF SAID!
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by etalker: 4:42pm On Jan 09, 2013
Meet Okija Juju and he'll advice you accordingly.

Thank me later. cool
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 09, 2013
be good in bed ,because whatever you will say/might say won't be taken seriousl yeven your most intelligent analysis. the only advice i can give you if you insist is to puck phuck and phuck do not discriminate just open your legs and see glory and appointement.good luck you are going to work at the sweat of your azz. shocked shocked
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by surveyProf(m): 4:49pm On Jan 09, 2013
maclatunji: Errrr... don't start by joining a political party. Start with your neighbourhood, what do people there need or require for a better standard of living? Can you use your skills to help to see that your community's needs are met? Can you communicate effectively with those in power to get things done? I think this is a safe way to start. In the process of doing this, you will learn more about human nature, how political power operates and how people use it.

I think the essence of politics in its pristine form is to acquire power to be able to touch people's lives positively- start with that and I guess you will find out if it is for you or not.

By the way, I am not a big fan of politics but understand that you need politicians to get the country going.

You're correct, she has to start frm grassroot, but in politics, one has to start nursing his/her ambition, despite doing grassroot development, she should draw close to some party members, attend shows, events, commissioning, with dem, by so doing she is gradually entering, i.e. Identifying d party, ruling party seems to be okay for her cheesy cheesy
Re: Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 09, 2013
you can join anytime without your fears.

but note that

turning your private* to public* will gear you up faster.
allowing okija_juju 'cook' u will keep you longer and
corrupt dealings will full your pocket faster

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW / Nairaland Doesn't Support Nigeria Breakup:Stop Using Ijaw militants as decoy! / BREAKING: Jubilation In Aso Villa, As Buhari Seals Powerful Agreement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.