Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,466 members, 7,801,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Help An Iphone Newbie - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help An Iphone Newbie (894 Views)

This Wedding Was Shot With An Iphone 6s Plus And The Results Are Spectacular / This Hilarious Trick Turns Your 3k Phone Into An Iphone. / What Is The Best Internet Plan For An Iphone 4/4s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help An Iphone Newbie by Desloaaa(f): 2:46pm On Jan 09, 2013
calling on all NL phone guru.i just recieved an Iphone as an xmas gift about a week ago.ever since then i havent enjoyed a thing about it.All of been doing since dec 22, is taking photos(i don tire abeg).
Pls i need detailed answers to d following questions,pardon my ignorance wher necessary.
Wher will i insert my sim(*covers face*)
pls wher's d battery??
I cant send or receive files,Yy??
The battery life is pretty short..kilode
Am so addicted to my Nokia N9,dat dis phone is becoming a burden
Plss help an iphone 'JJC'..tnkx
Re: Help An Iphone Newbie by Desloaaa(f): 3:02pm On Jan 09, 2013
no comment...OK
Re: Help An Iphone Newbie by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 09, 2013
Pls i need detailed answers to d following questions,pardon my ignorance wher necessary.
Wher will i insert my sim(*covers face*)

Sim inserted at the top. Pierce the little hole with a pin or earring or toothpick...whatever...and it will pop out.

pls wher's d battery??
The battery is enclosed within the phone, no need to look for it,its not meant to be taken in and out at will. So rather than a second battery, take your charger with you always.

I cant send or receive files,Yy??
how do you mean? ...from a memory card or what? To memory card on iPhone, sync with iTunes

The battery life is pretty short..kilode
charge it.

Am so addicted to my Nokia N9,dat dis phone is becoming a burden
...now i wish i had skipped this thread.
Re: Help An Iphone Newbie by Desloaaa(f): 3:15pm On Jan 09, 2013
thank God u didnt skip d thread.@shagarri,thnkx loadz.
I meant sending via bluetooth,hw possibl
Re: Help An Iphone Newbie by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 09, 2013
this post has been hidden....[size=4pt]by self[/size]
Re: Help An Iphone Newbie by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 09, 2013
Desloaaa: thank God u didnt skip d thread.@shagarri,thnkx loadz.
I meant sending via bluetooth,hw possibl

what do you want to send via bluetooth....thats so nokia.

Just attach it via mail or whatsapp it or skype it or simply send the other person the necessary link. Bluetooth is an old school technology.

Glad to be of service....i have time to burn today.
Re: Help An Iphone Newbie by Francheezy(m): 4:57pm On Jan 09, 2013
hehehehe, SHagaRRi, u funny
Re: Help An Iphone Newbie by jedisco(m): 6:35pm On Jan 09, 2013
shagarri:

what do you want to send via bluetooth....thats so nokia.

Just attach it via mail or whatsapp it or skype it or simply send the other person the necessary link. Bluetooth is an old school technology.

Glad to be of service....i have time to burn today.

Bluetooth?? an old-school technology??

This is the main reason why I stopped visiting the phone section of NL. Like I said in another thread sometime ago, I'm sick and tired of coming to this section to see wannabes who cannot see things in the Nigerian perspective.

I've been to other phone forums online and their local flavour always takes the front seat and they are always quick to remind you that this is an American or British forum as the case may be.
When I come here, all I see is people hating BB or Nokia phones cos they are not popular in the US - a country that does not care about our existence. I call that inferiority complex!

You say sending files via bluetooth is old-school. I would absolutely agree with you if I lived in a country where over 90% of my online connection is done over free and fast wifi and where I also get cheap access to unlimited or large amounts of data at speeds of upto 21Mb/s. But I live in a country with one of the slowest and expensive data speeds (including 3G) in the world, which is subject to frequent blackouts and is just available in few cities.

What's more? This is a country where over 50% of smartphones are BBs mainly because it offers cheaper data rates.

Now that's the Nigerian perspective!
Bluetooth transfer is still alive here just as in most parts of the world.
Here sending files via bluetooth is in over 95% of cases cheaper, faster, easier, more secure and more reliable.

Even speaking of the technicalities, I don't know of any recent smartphone that doesn't have Bluetooth. The fact that only Apple decided to make file transfer very hard doesn't make it obsolete. Infact others have gone on to introduce NFC and Slam which makes transfer much easier.

Also, the fact that on several polls by iOS users done just before the release of the next iOS version, the ability to allow Bluetooth transfer was one of the most wanted features on the next iOS version which has been recently replaced by NFC speaks so much about the self-denial.

@op
Although the iPhone has Bluetooth support, but it doesn't natively allow file transfer via it. Although there are apps to circumvent this, as of the last time I checked its still limited to transfer to another iOS device which has the app. This is pretty much useless in our country.
Re: Help An Iphone Newbie by Francheezy(m): 7:12pm On Jan 09, 2013
jed!sc0 n0 mynd am jw0or.....bluet0oth vers!0ns, keep increas!ng latest is v4.0
Re: Help An Iphone Newbie by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 09, 2013
Advice the OP and move on.

I don't know why smoke is coming off your nose because I adviced someone based on my own experience.

Una too like quarrel and fight for Nairaland
Re: Help An Iphone Newbie by jedisco(m): 8:46pm On Jan 09, 2013
Francheezy: jed!sc0 n0 mynd am jw0or.....bluet0oth vers!0ns, keep increas!ng latest is v4.0

Guy I don tire for some peeps sef.
Re: Help An Iphone Newbie by Francheezy(m): 8:52pm On Jan 09, 2013
una 2 dey make me l0l
Re: Help An Iphone Newbie by jedisco(m): 8:56pm On Jan 09, 2013
shagarri: Advice the OP and move on.

I don't know why smoke is coming off your nose because I adviced someone based on my own experience.

Una too like quarrel and fight for Nairaland

I was just being plane and I can't see the fire in my words.

Of course I advised the op but just couldn't resist replying you seeing you were surreptitiously bashing other products falsely.
Re: Help An Iphone Newbie by Desloaaa(f): 9:51pm On Jan 09, 2013
Thnkx y'all for ur time,n posts,i appreciate
Re: Help An Iphone Newbie by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 09, 2013
This post has been hidden...[size=4pt]by shaGarri[/size]. Reason: The OP's questions have been answered.
Re: Help An Iphone Newbie by jedisco(m): 2:30am On Jan 10, 2013
Francheezy: una 2 dey make me l0l

Hmm...
Una??
Abeg na who be the una cos I can't remember encountering him before.
Re: Help An Iphone Newbie by Desloaaa(f): 1:43pm On Jan 10, 2013
*smiles* NLErs,one big family,frm diff mama n papa.
Re: Help An Iphone Newbie by Charmin1(f): 11:24pm On Jan 23, 2013
A friend wants to get a nokia smartphone not more than 45k which one will you suggest?
jedisco:

Hmm...
Una??
Abeg na who be the una cos I can't remember encountering him before.
Re: Help An Iphone Newbie by jedisco(m): 10:32am On Jan 24, 2013
Charmin':
A friend wants to get a nokia smartphone not more than 45k which one will you suggest?

There are two options here.
First is Nokia 701 which is a good symbian phone. The other is Nokia 800 which is also a good phone and is very beautiful.

If that friend is not in a hurry, I would suggest he/she waits for Nokia 620 which should be available in 1-2 months. It runs windows phone 8, is better than the two above and should come in below 50k
Re: Help An Iphone Newbie by Francheezy(m): 11:17am On Jan 24, 2013
hmph...tnx
Re: Help An Iphone Newbie by Desloaaa(f): 1:27pm On Jan 24, 2013
una don dey sell phone for ma thread ni??
Re: Help An Iphone Newbie by Francheezy(m): 4:34pm On Jan 24, 2013
u w0n chase us ?
Re: Help An Iphone Newbie by Desloaaa(f): 8:38am On Jan 25, 2013
mak una pay dues abeg.ehen,abeg i wan sell dis iphone sef.d phone dey vex me.
Re: Help An Iphone Newbie by Francheezy(m): 2:36pm On Jan 25, 2013
hehehe....aw e n0 g0 veX u
Re: Help An Iphone Newbie by Desloaaa(f): 2:48pm On Jan 25, 2013
Francheezy: hehehe....aw e n0 g0 veX u
cos i be jjc abi?.exhausted 200mb in 3days.ogini?i no fit dey beg beg wifi pword jooh.#teamNokia.
Re: Help An Iphone Newbie by Francheezy(m): 4:07pm On Jan 25, 2013
0ga mi....sell am buy beta ph0ne
Re: Help An Iphone Newbie by gbenga007(m): 3:50pm On Jan 28, 2013
Desloaaa: mak una pay dues abeg.ehen,abeg i wan sell dis iphone sef.d phone dey vex me.
IPHONE WHAT? I HAVE BOLD 2 + CASH
Re: Help An Iphone Newbie by Desloaaa(f): 6:41pm On Jan 28, 2013
iphone4. Shey ka exchange ni?.plus d cash o
Re: Help An Iphone Newbie by Francheezy(m): 7:33pm On Jan 28, 2013
aw wld u xchange an iph0ne 4, f0r a b0ld 2.
R u a learner ?
Re: Help An Iphone Newbie by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 28, 2013
Francheezy: aw wld u xchange an iph0ne 4, f0r a b0ld 2.
R u a learner ?
Yeah he's a learner
Re: Help An Iphone Newbie by Desloaaa(f): 9:35pm On Jan 28, 2013
exchange with bb porsche pls.
Re: Help An Iphone Newbie by gbenga007(m): 10:14pm On Jan 28, 2013
Desloaaa: exchange with bb porsche pls.
What an interesting joke! It sure made my day.

(1) (Reply)

How To Root Samsung Galaxy S4 / Blackberry Maker Set To Launch Bbm ON Pc / How Do I buy 5mb On Etisalat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.