Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,195 members, 7,807,662 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections (8612 Views)

PDP Govs, Senators, Reps Begin Search For Credible National Chair / Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo / A Picture Of President Jonathan In His Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 10, 2013
Aso Rock Villa will not be vacant until 2019, and David Mark will be our next President after GEJ, this is based on today's facts at hand but if circumstances change and we decide not to nominate David Mark, Sambo will be the right person. Thanks
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by oluking: 3:27pm On Jan 10, 2013
kentoplash: Mr Ibu. grin

Yes i gree with tonto dikeh as vice grin
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 10, 2013
Here they go again. Children will always be children. Can any adult tell us the GAIN in nominating on this thread persons who stand no chance whatsoever or those with 1 in 1billion chance of participating in the 2015 presidential elections?
Why not we let these persons at least present themselves as presidential aspirants in whatever political party before embarking on nomination?
Hmmm!
I tire for some election-happy kids
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by musiwa11: 3:34pm On Jan 10, 2013
nigeria does not need a president.. it is only a greed politician with so many violent, looking to be suggested a president...

when you know how many people have been killed.

what we need is to divide nigeria and not about suggesting president... if about suggesting a president, i will suggest myself( I am not been selfish in doing so, I have the political machine or network to become president and will not risk the life of 200 million nigerian into the hands of anybody,) and not another person based on the history of nigeria politician to rob the people on behalf of a Godfther or for themself. basically no nigeria politician including goodluck is innocent of the crime.. the issue is to break up nigeria and not to suggest a president.

I worked as a project engineer for many years and I would tell you, nigeria politician do not have a clue of what to do? because of lack of exposure. i think the best is to break it up and protect the life of the people. Anything other than this, will lead to serious violent..

[img]http://3.bp..com/-FXbk-DQNnXY/Tw2CyuRM70I/AAAAAAAAAYs/Ey1Y_NRZK2c/s1600/214386-occupy-nigeria-prostests.jpg[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-UA25Bwj29Pg/Tw736oi0sNI/AAAAAAAAIgg/m7-1cPu3g-A/s1600/n60109-occupy-nigeria-fuel-strike_full_6001.jpg[/img]
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by akintun: 3:35pm On Jan 10, 2013
Dis man has not even spent two years in d office, and u all want to kill him. I sincerely don't have an opinion on d president now, becos I believe he is been undermined by some politicians. In 15 months, I should be able to have an opinion on d presidio.
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by pedestal82(m): 3:38pm On Jan 10, 2013
Pastor Kun:

The morning tells how the day is going to be. Corruption today is unprecedented in Nigerian history with the tacit connivance of the presidency. It can only get worse as he owes too many political obligations and he is desperate to return in 2015 which can only mean more money would be stolen to support his political ambition. As I said in my OP I voted for him and wished him well but it's now clear to me that GEJ is going to lead us nowhere in this country.

@Ur parable, True, but not always true.
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by Demdem(m): 3:38pm On Jan 10, 2013
akintun: Dis man has not even spent two years in d office, and u all want to kill him. I sincerely don't have an opinion on d president now, becos I believe he his been undermined by some politicians. In 15 months, I should be able to have an opinion on d presidio.

u are wrong. he became President May 2010. Its going to three years now. its time to start looking for an alternative.
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by stannydon(m): 3:39pm On Jan 10, 2013
Man, I have not seen any reason why anyone in this century should be thinking that Rochas has administrative quality talk more of being Nigerian President. I dont think you are from Imo State, but i have seen you as someone either related to Rochas or has something personally beneficting from him. Yes Rochas is father Christmas doesn`t make him a good governor/administrator. I am from Imo state and vividly will tell you the kind of governor we have. Rochas has nothing and has no clue about what governance is. Anybody who is so myopic about the future can do exactly what Rochas is doing. Traveling to everywhere seeking cheap popularity as expenses of tax payers money, his style is too childish and shows confusion. You have your opinion but let me make this clear to you, I was among the people that supported Rochas but got disappointed when we discovered that he has no iota of what governance is all about. Is only the illitrates in my state that are supporting his administration because they are ignorant.ROCHAS IS A SHOW MAN AND NOT AN ADMINISTRATOR! Read last sunday vanguard on Orbit column and see people`s reaction about Rochas.
You better change your mindset and pray for God to give us someone who understand what leadership is all about, someone understand leadership with global mindset.
afam4eva: Here are some people that i think can cause a change either for the better or for the worse:

1) Donald Duke: This guy was probably the first governor to seperate himself and his state from the rest of the country as far as development is concerned. He made his state capital the most talked about city in Nigeria and his tourism structures the most admired in the federation. This mind has a tourist orientation which may not be unconnected to his being a member of the grail message. I think a vote for this man is a vote for serenity and tourism.

2) Babatunde Fashola: I've been one of the people that have put this guy on his toes. This is not because i feel he has not achieved but because i feel he can do better. Prior to his ascension to the position of the number one position on Nigeria's most populous state, the state was run like a mushroom state and there was chaos and incivility but since he came in, he's proven to political students and the populace that a city like Lagos can be sane and orderly. A vote for Fashola is a vote for civility and orderliness.

3) Rochas Okorocha: Even though this man is relatively new in the governorship seat of Imo state, his body language and utterance together with what he's achieved as the pioneer of the Rochas foundation, it can be concluded that this man is someone who loves his people. he really doesn't care about anything else as long as he can fend for the people he governs. many have called him Father Christmas because of his benevolent disposition which can be seen in the way he became the first governor in Nigeria to declare free education up to the tertiary level. A vote for Rochas is a vote for the common man.

4) Buhari: I voted for this man in 2011 because i didn't see status quo written on his forehead. He's his own man and not tied to anybody or any political structure. Infact he's a Maverick. He can do and undo. He's someone that can turn Nigeria's situation for the better or for the worse. He's a no nonsense person with an authoritarian background. A vote for Buhari is a vote for the destruction of the status quo.

1 Like

Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 10, 2013
Pastor Kun: It is now getting very obvious to most Nigerians that GEJ is clueless and has very little to offer this country in terms of development and the all important task of fighting corruption which is perhaps the biggest problem ravaging this country today. Granted I believe GEJ has made some giant strides in the area of Power sector reforms and he seems to be making some semblance of progress on the agricultural front it is my humble opinion that he does not have what it takes to lead this nation beyond 2015. Some of us voted for him in 2011 not because we had so much faith in him but cause of lack of a better candidate. To avoid such a costly mistake we the Nigerian youth should now start searching for and promoting young, credible, dynamic and visionary leaders to replace him in 2015.

In this vein I would like to ask great nairalanders to suggest/nominate two Nigerians who they think would be the best candidates to rule Nigeria come 2015. As for me my suggestions are Donald Duke and Babatunde Fashola.
Perhaps you need to explain to me how someone you dubbed 'clueless' was able to make giant strides in power sector reforms and agriculture.
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by stannydon(m): 3:43pm On Jan 10, 2013
afam4eva: Here are some people that i think can cause a change either for the better or for the worse:

1) Donald Duke: This guy was probably the first governor to seperate himself and his state from the rest of the country as far as development is concerned. He made his state capital the most talked about city in Nigeria and his tourism structures the most admired in the federation. This mind has a tourist orientation which may not be unconnected to his being a member of the grail message. I think a vote for this man is a vote for serenity and tourism.

2) Babatunde Fashola: I've been one of the people that have put this guy on his toes. This is not because i feel he has not achieved but because i feel he can do better. Prior to his ascension to the position of the number one position on Nigeria's most populous state, the state was run like a mushroom state and there was chaos and incivility but since he came in, he's proven to political students and the populace that a city like Lagos can be sane and orderly. A vote for Fashola is a vote for civility and orderliness.

3) Rochas Okorocha: Even though this man is relatively new in the governorship seat of Imo state, his body language and utterance together with what he's achieved as the pioneer of the Rochas foundation, it can be concluded that this man is someone who loves his people. he really doesn't care about anything else as long as he can fend for the people he governs. many have called him Father Christmas because of his benevolent disposition which can be seen in the way he became the first governor in Nigeria to declare free education up to the tertiary level. A vote for Rochas is a vote for the common man.

4) Buhari: I voted for this man in 2011 because i didn't see status quo written on his forehead. He's his own man and not tied to anybody or any political structure. Infact he's a Maverick. He can do and undo. He's someone that can turn Nigeria's situation for the better or for the worse. He's a no nonsense person with an authoritarian background. A vote for Buhari is a vote for the destruction of the status quo.

Man, I have not seen any reason why anyone in this century should be thinking that Rochas has administrative quality talk more of being Nigerian President. I dont think you are from Imo State, but i have seen you as someone either related to Rochas or has something personally beneficting from him. Yes Rochas is father Christmas doesn`t make him a good governor/administrator. I am from Imo state and vividly will tell you the kind of governor we have. Rochas has nothing and has no clue about what governance is. Anybody who is so myopic about the future can do exactly what Rochas is doing. Traveling to everywhere seeking cheap popularity as expenses of tax payers money, his style is too childish and shows confusion. You have your opinion but let me make this clear to you, I was among the people that supported Rochas but got disappointed when we discovered that he has no iota of what governance is all about. Is only the illitrates in my state that are supporting his administration because they are ignorant.ROCHAS IS A SHOW MAN AND NOT AN ADMINISTRATOR! Read last sunday vanguard on Orbit column and see people`s reaction about Rochas.
You better change your mindset and pray for God to give us someone who understand what leadership is all about, someone understand leadership with global mindset.
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by saintohia: 3:44pm On Jan 10, 2013
Pat Utomi / Donald Duke

Saint Ohia / Fashola ( though Fashola must hands-off Tinubu & ....)

With Buhari given EFCC to run.
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by taharqa: 3:45pm On Jan 10, 2013
Demdem:

u are wrong. he became President May 2010. Its going to three years now. its time to start looking for an alternative.
Smtimes @Demdem, i swear you behave as a KID, a naive scared one. You smhow bliv dat this name-calling Game that is going on here on this thread means ANYTHING, now or in d long run. You actuali bliv dat... Pity
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by taharqa: 3:45pm On Jan 10, 2013
Demdem:

Smtimes @Demdem, i swear you behave as a KID, a naive scared one. You smhow bliv dat this name-calling Game that is going on here on this thread means ANYTHING in the least, now or in d long run. You actuali bliv dat... Pity..... Sori guys i actuali didnt comment on dis thread

1 Like

Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by Demdem(m): 3:45pm On Jan 10, 2013
saintohia:
Pat Utomi / Donald Duke

Saint Ohia / Fashola ( though Fashola must hands-off Tinubu & ....)

With Buhari given EFCC to run.

who is this?
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by Demdem(m): 3:47pm On Jan 10, 2013
taharqa: Smtimes @Demdem, i swear you behave as a KID, a naive scared one. You smhow bliv dat this name-calling Game that is going on here on this thread means ANYTHING, now or in d long run. You actuali bliv dat... Pity

what does this post of urs got to do with my post u qouted? Was Reatardeen not President May 2010? Just correcting an honest mistake here. what else do u want?
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by mikolo80: 3:51pm On Jan 10, 2013
BUHARI FOR BOTH CORRUPTION
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by brunnet: 3:52pm On Jan 10, 2013
Anose nominating Buhari has Chronic brain cancer.

Ribadu/Fashola is preferable but not on ACN platform or any form of Tinubu's influence.
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by digospel2: 3:53pm On Jan 10, 2013
lanre_front: Did hear you say you voted for because of the lack of a better candidate. Mr. Pastor, that is a big lie and you know it.

There was a better candidate. You could have voted for. But just like most Nigerians, you were carried away by sentiments and the "I had no shoes" campaign of Mr. Jonathan.

You voted not out logic" reasoning, but you voted on nothing but sheer sentiments. You did not even bother to look at the antecedents of the contestants.

As for me I voted for Buhari and I am proud of my decision.

Like a poster said, why not add a little realism to your choice Presidents for 2015. Buhari had a good chance to be President in the last elections. Another one is coming in 2015.
Do you have anything tangible to prove that Buhari was the best candidate during 2011 election. Is it the man that surrounds himself with only his kinsmen during his tenure at PTF ? Afri project consortium was headed by his bossom relation where every contract at PTF attract 10% return and most PTF projects were concetrated in the north. Even as military head of state, he chose a muslim from North Central as his 2nd in command. The man is a ligious bigot and not qualified to lead Nigeria where there are divers faith. GEJ carry go, tazarce........ until you complete your deserved 8yrs

I say Buhari is the most qualified to rid Nigeria of the monster of corruption. He has the willpower, passion, clout to deal with the corrupt big guns holding Nigeria in slavery. After him others will follow to continue the good work, but we need home to lay the foundation for a Nigeria free of corruption and indiscipline.

You only deceive yourself if you think the likes of Fashola can break the back of the monster, corruption, in Nigeria. Is it Fashola who is Tinibu's boy, and together with his Godfather, they are stealing Lagos State bind?
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by goodmike7: 3:58pm On Jan 10, 2013
UNTIL BUHARI DIES HE WILL NEVER BE THE PRESIDENT OF THIS COUNTRY,HATERZ OF GEJ YOU WILL NEED TO STILL WISH HARDER FOR A GOOD REPLACEMENT COME 2019.

1 Like

Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 10, 2013
Billyonaire: Aso Rock Villa will not be vacant until 2019, and David Mark will be our next President after GEJ, this is based on today's facts at hand but if circumstances change and we decide not to nominate David Mark, Sambo will be the right person. Thanks

and aw sur are u dat u, david mark, oga clueless/retardinho and even sambo may make till 2019......only time will tell.......no offence pls
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by goodmike7: 4:07pm On Jan 10, 2013
@billynaire,

Its not possible,sambo will be out of the government come 2015,mark my words
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by brunnet: 4:07pm On Jan 10, 2013
[quote author=goodmike7]UNTIL BUHARI DIES HE WILL NEVER BE THE PRESIDENT OF THIS COUNTRY,HATERZ OF GEJ YOU WILL NEED TO STILL WISH HARDER FOR A GOOD REPLACEMENT COME 2019.[/quote

1000 000 000+ likes
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by umarsanijada: 4:23pm On Jan 10, 2013
for DESERVATION AND TRUE NATIONAL FIGURE WE GO FOR ATIKU ABUBAKAR 2015

1 Like

Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by sarutobie(m): 4:51pm On Jan 10, 2013
Deep Sight:

One of the problems of Nigeria is the fact that its people have no sense of morality, justice, propriety and honour. Buhari may be a disciplined figure, but he lacks every moral right to ever seek to benefit from, or participate in any democratic government in Nigeria, much less be a democratic president. The simple reason is the fact that he truncated the democratic 2nd Republic through a military coup: an act of treason which took this country 16 solid years of military rule to reverse.

In any civilized society, he should be tried for treason even today. Secondly, it is unimaginable that we have not deleted the names of ALL former military rulers from the official records as past Heads of State: it is even more mortifying that these persons sit on the Council of State as former Heads of State and even collect a pension from the state, aside from other continuing privileges.

It is disgusting, and shows that we have no respect whatsoever for ourselves as a people or as a nation, or as a State.

Anyway, my two suggestions for a future president of Nigeria would be Fashola - only if he leaves the ACN and the suffocating and corrupt influence of Tinubu; and Pat Utomi.

Neither will happen though. Our next president would likely be someone already circulating in Abuja such as Namadi Sambo or David Mark, or one of the business-as-usual governors, likely a northern one on account of the zoning idea.
An unbiased mind that says things the way it is..
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by Joey82(m): 5:13pm On Jan 10, 2013
IMO, it is not really about who rules this country especially when it comes to the issue of tackling corruption.
The biggest problem the polity has now is the national assembly and the governors forum.
It wont be easy for anybody to fight corruption with those gluttons called honorables still sitting in that house.
The house of assembly that is supposed to check the executive is way too corrupt and lacks the moral standing to question mr president, all they wait for is a share of the pie.
The governors forum is the single most unified and powerful force in this country.
They decide who becomes councilor, LG chairman, commissioner, they appoint people that will become ministers at the federal level, they decide who becomes house of assembly memebers.
These governors are way powerful and sadly they are mostly rogues and too bad they decide who becomes president since they each have to deliver their states.
This is how nigerian politics work and it looks like there are no options in the mean time.
If jonathan pumps money to these governors like he did during the previous elections, be sure he's gonna win.
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by Knight1(m): 5:22pm On Jan 10, 2013
Mallam Nasir El.Rufai (which nomination is sad in itself and shows how bad the Nigerian situation is)
El Rufai has been in the system and knows how things run, he is intelligent and has will power to back his actions to the last and I'm sure he can reduce corruption to a reasonable level...He's a northerner and may gain some formidable backing from.that bloc..
.I'm just being realistic
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by beentarh(f): 5:26pm On Jan 10, 2013
To me, Bukola Saraki nd Faruq Lawal are nt bad, let's give them a trial, they shd make a change.
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by Elmos: 5:31pm On Jan 10, 2013

This is the best analytically balanced submission. Good buddy
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by chachal: 5:34pm On Jan 10, 2013
In my opinion, nasir el rufai
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by anulaxad(m): 5:42pm On Jan 10, 2013
Norman foster.
world famous British architect.He mainly focuses on infrastructure, parks,outdoor squares,roads, housing and of course architecture. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by Donbrig: 5:50pm On Jan 10, 2013
I strongly believe that if Nigerians are ready to move forward and turn the country around for good, Lamido(CBN)Sanusi and Fashola must me elected. This two folks can work together very well.. they know what our real problems are. They are radically consructive with a unique vision. Our govt is too big and too much resourses are being wasted on meaningless projects, Corruption is now a way of life under GEJ.

SANUSI/FASHOLA FOR A BETTER AND PROSPEROUS NIGERIA.
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by Blueboy0402: 5:51pm On Jan 10, 2013
lanre_front: Did hear you say you voted for because of the lack of a better candidate. Mr. Pastor, that is a big lie and you know it.

There was a better candidate. You could have voted for. But just like most Nigerians, you were carried away by sentiments and the "I had no shoes" campaign of Mr. Jonathan.

You voted not out logic" reasoning, but you voted on nothing but sheer sentiments. You did not even bother to look at the antecedents of the contestants.

As for me I voted for Buhari and I am proud of my decision.

Like a poster said, why not add a little realism to your choice Presidents for 2015. Buhari had a good chance to be President in the last elections. Another one is coming in 2015.

I say Buhari is the most qualified to rid Nigeria of the monster of corruption. He has the willpower, passion, clout to deal with the corrupt big guns holding Nigeria in slavery. After him others will follow to continue the good work, but we need home to lay the foundation for a Nigeria free of corruption and indiscipline.

You only deceive yourself if you think the likes of Fashola can break the back of the monster, corruption, in Nigeria. Is it Fashola who is Tinibu's boy, and together with his Godfather, they are stealing Lagos State bind?
It is indeed worrisome that people like you still want Buhari in Aso Rock. Are you not old enough to be president? If you cant fight corruption at your age and still believe that Buhari is the only Nigerian to rid the country of corruption then something is wrong.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Emergency Rule: Reps Withdraw Jonathan’s Power Over States’ Funds / Governor Obaseki Joins PDP / Nigeria Establishes Virtual Court Rooms/Studios In Correctional Centres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.