Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,537 members, 7,801,507 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections (8609 Views)

PDP Govs, Senators, Reps Begin Search For Credible National Chair / Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo / A Picture Of President Jonathan In His Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by pgiddy(m): 5:52pm On Jan 10, 2013
Buhari as President, OBJ as VP, omo u go fear cheesy, but on a more serious note,I'll go for Shekarau and Oshiomole, for d sake of zoning System and for overall peace to reign. Dat shekarau is not a bad. Candidate,ii watched his Debate in d 2011 presidential election,d guy rily made Sense.
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by tunapawizzy: 5:55pm On Jan 10, 2013
jigawatts: JACK BAUER grin grin

On a more serious note:

RIBADU/ FASHOLA ........ Ma choice always smiley
In a country that is already segmented along religious divides, this combo won't work. If d sane n exposed minds like u and I can see beyond petty issues like religion n tribe ...what about the majority (the ones in d village) that will be easily brainwashed by selfish politicians. This apart I believe in these 2 men even though I am xtian. I think a Ribadu/Ezekwesili combo is not bad. If Fashola is willing to serve..e can serve as a key minister say agric/works/transport
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by sapien(m): 6:08pm On Jan 10, 2013
SAI ABACHA or the lion of Bourdillon, CHIEF Tinubu.
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by ceah(m): 6:22pm On Jan 10, 2013
Buhari
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by talk2me006(m): 6:37pm On Jan 10, 2013
Pastor Kun: It seems the buhari gang are gloating here, despite my regrets about Jonathan I would still vote for him ten times before I vote for buhari who I consider to be a very tribalised religious fanatic who has absolutely nothing to offer Nigeria. People continue to deceive themselves that buhari is capable of fighting corruption, they forget that in 1983 when he did it he was wielding military power and ruling by decree which made it easier. Today it's much more complex and buhari would not know were to start from. Asides that people also forget that it was Idiagbon who was effectively in charge and not the dummy called buhari. Lastly I keep on wondering how buhari who could not curtail corruption in a small organisation like PTF want to curb in a much bigger and far more complex entity like Nigeria.

My vote for GEJ was becos I believed he was committed to power reforms which is one of the biggest problems ravaging our economy. I never really saw him as an inspiring person. Today I remain vindicated cos of the steady progress in the power sector. That not withstanding GEJ has over stayed his welcome. It's time to search for a better replacement and an old conceited septugerian who couldn't perform on his own in his youth would definitely not fit the bill.
how will u appreciate a gud candidate like buhari after sentiment has blindfolded u.
well, just continue enjoy ur cassava bread.
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by talk2me006(m): 6:37pm On Jan 10, 2013
Pastor Kun: It seems the buhari gang are gloating here, despite my regrets about Jonathan I would still vote for him ten times before I vote for buhari who I consider to be a very tribalised religious fanatic who has absolutely nothing to offer Nigeria. People continue to deceive themselves that buhari is capable of fighting corruption, they forget that in 1983 when he did it he was wielding military power and ruling by decree which made it easier. Today it's much more complex and buhari would not know were to start from. Asides that people also forget that it was Idiagbon who was effectively in charge and not the dummy called buhari. Lastly I keep on wondering how buhari who could not curtail corruption in a small organisation like PTF want to curb in a much bigger and far more complex entity like Nigeria.

My vote for GEJ was becos I believed he was committed to power reforms which is one of the biggest problems ravaging our economy. I never really saw him as an inspiring person. Today I remain vindicated cos of the steady progress in the power sector. That not withstanding GEJ has over stayed his welcome. It's time to search for a better replacement and an old conceited septugerian who couldn't perform on his own in his youth would definitely not fit the bill.
how will u appreciate a gud candidate like buhari after sentiment has blindfolded u.
well, just continue enjoy ur cassava bread.
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by manfred10(m): 6:50pm On Jan 10, 2013
lanre_front: Did hear you say you voted for because of the lack of a better candidate. Mr. Pastor, that is a big lie and you know it.

There was a better candidate. You could have voted for. But just like most Nigerians, you were carried away by sentiments and the "I had no shoes" campaign of Mr. Jonathan.

You voted not out logic" reasoning, but you voted on nothing but sheer sentiments. You did not even bother to look at the antecedents of the contestants.

As for me I voted for Buhari and I am proud of my decision.

Like a poster said, why not add a little realism to your choice Presidents for 2015. Buhari had a good chance to be President in the last elections. Another one is coming in 2015.

I say Buhari is the most qualified to rid Nigeria of the monster of corruption. He has the willpower, passion, clout to deal with the corrupt big guns holding Nigeria in slavery. After him others will follow to continue the good work, but we need home to lay the foundation for a Nigeria free of corruption and indiscipline.

You only deceive yourself if you think the likes of Fashola can break the back of the monster, corruption, in Nigeria. Is it Fashola who is Tinibu's boy, and together with his Godfather, they are stealing Lagos State bind?
You are 100% correct,you are the true son of your father
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by osigalo: 7:10pm On Jan 10, 2013
Billyonaire: Aso Rock Villa will not be vacant until 2019, and David Mark will be our next President after GEJ, this is based on today's facts at hand but if circumstances change and we decide not to nominate David Mark, Sambo will be the right person. Thanks
Makes some sense.
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by tpapi: 7:30pm On Jan 10, 2013
I will miss gej by d time he finishes his 2nd term in 2019

1 Like

Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 10, 2013
Pastor Kun:

1,000,000 likes smiley

SAD BUT TRUE
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by anulaxad(m): 7:51pm On Jan 10, 2013
THAT MAN, THE NIGER DELTA ACTIVIST LEADER. Mujahid Dokubo-Asari. This man is one of the very few reasons why I even feel for Nigerians.
When you hear this man talk,you shall not only want him to rule nigeria but your own life as well. He reminds me of MKO ABIOLA,extremely caring people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zalqYjcjA2Y

WATCH THIS VIDEO^^.YOU SHALL SEE WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by Hardfact: 7:57pm On Jan 10, 2013
Big question, porous answers. It's just not that easy finding that ideal individual with all qualities we all so desire. That's the next major thing after we've rejected GEJ.
And God forbid whoever comes after him turns out even worse!
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by OsunOriginal: 8:02pm On Jan 10, 2013
Buhari/Oshiomole ni...
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by badassnigga(m): 8:37pm On Jan 10, 2013
GEJ is confused n clueless for planning to buy phone for 10 million farmers. GEJ is d true definition of total failure. he has achieved nothing in every sectors. we need breath of fresh air come 2015... I don't mind who is contesting come 2015 .I just don't want this tested n failed Gej
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by Ujawissy: 9:39pm On Jan 10, 2013
I will go for buhari. By the grace of God Buhari will win the battle come 2015 in Jesus name.I wz 1 of d hater but after carefull observation I have come to drastic conclusion dat he is visionary leader. pls my fellow nairalanders let us give him a chance, for i can see a corruption free nigeria.
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by iykemyke: 10:15pm On Jan 10, 2013
umarsanijada: for DESERVATION AND TRUE NATIONAL FIGURE WE GO FOR ATIKU ABUBAKAR 2015
thank you so much. Everyone is just repeating people who dont have what it takes to manage nigeria.
Atiku and senator obi/fashola/donald duke/oby ekwezilieze/soludo/nnamani/akpabio
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by Sealeddeal(m): 10:53pm On Jan 10, 2013
Most nairalander's dreams on political issues hardly come true.Here is another person dreaming of GEJ's replacement in 2015.there is no vacancy in aso-rock till 2019.
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by dapsungg1(m): 11:55pm On Jan 10, 2013
4 me i will chose godwill ahpabio. For the ability to change citizen's of cross state mentality from nigeria populace mentality. And for great development of the state
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by thirty(m): 4:39am On Jan 11, 2013
lanre_front: Did hear you say you voted for because of the lack of a better candidate. Mr. Pastor, that is a big lie and you know it.

There was a better candidate. You could have voted for. But just like most Nigerians, you were carried away by sentiments and the "I had no shoes" campaign of Mr. Jonathan.

You voted not out logic" reasoning, but you voted on nothing but sheer sentiments. You did not even bother to look at the antecedents of the contestants.

As for me I voted for Buhari and I am proud of my decision.

Like a poster said, why not add a little realism to your choice Presidents for 2015. Buhari had a good chance to be President in the last elections. Another one is coming in 2015.

I say Buhari is the most qualified to rid Nigeria of the monster of corruption. He has the willpower, passion, clout to deal with the corrupt big guns holding Nigeria in slavery. After him others will follow to continue the good work, but we need home to lay the foundation for a Nigeria free of corruption and indiscipline.

You only deceive yourself if you think the likes of Fashola can break the back of the monster, corruption, in Nigeria. Is it Fashola who is Tinibu's boy, and together with his Godfather, they are stealing Lagos State bind?
i prefer Buhari.
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by size38: 7:59am On Jan 11, 2013
with the likes of Buhari, GEJ will win again if he contest. I will give him my vote again if the likes of buhari comes out
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by Terseer(m): 8:33am On Jan 11, 2013
El Rufai or Buhari
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by PastorKun(m): 8:46am On Jan 11, 2013
Ujawissy: I will go for buhari. By the grace of God Buhari will win the battle come 2015 in Jesus name.I wz 1 of d hater but after carefull observation I have come to drastic conclusion dat he is visionary leader. pls my fellow nairalanders let us give him a chance, for i can see a corruption free nigeria.

Are you sure you know the meaning of visionary leader
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by anulaxad(m): 8:53am On Jan 11, 2013
Ujawissy: I will go for buhari. By the grace of God Buhari will win the battle come 2015 in Jesus name.I wz 1 of d hater but after carefull observation I have come to drastic conclusion dat he is visionary leader. pls my fellow nairalanders let us give him a chance, for i can see a corruption free nigeria.

THE old bigotry is visionary,my man go sit down. ASARI DOKUBO IS VISIONARY.

THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A CORRUPTION FREE COUNTRY.
WE NEED A LEADER THAT WILL INVEST IN INFRASTRUCTURE. THAT'S ALL I REALLY CARE ABOUT.
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by Demdem(m): 9:15am On Jan 11, 2013
So far its unfortunate that we have not so many options. Its painful to note that despite our huge population, less than 10names are being brandished even on this thread. Not because credible people dont exist but they simply dont want to come out because they know that the present status quo will stiffen them to submission.

So the choice is ours. Should we continue with the status quo and the retardeen that epitomizes such that gives nothing but pain, corruption, deceit etc or look beyond our myopic stance (religion, ethnicity, lies) presently and vote in someone that will surely break and destroy this rotten status quo therby opening the highway for a new order (new and fresh players) to come to play.
Again i state that the choice is ours.
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by Ujawissy: 9:38am On Jan 11, 2013
@ anulaxad how did u think investing in infrastructures can strife in the face of corruption?what we need nw is to erradicate corrupt practices
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by Ujawissy: 9:59am On Jan 11, 2013
@pastor kun i know hw u feel when u hear d name buhari because i wz once in ur shoe but i can tell u diz man knows d problem of nigeria which is corruption once corruption is abberated other good things will set in. If u check ur history very well most of d people he fought with durimg his military rule were hausas(muslems) so ur of him tribalistic and religion bigot is unjust.
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by IMMUNO1(m): 11:46am On Jan 11, 2013
Whether Buhari, Pat Utomi, Donald Duke, Fashola, Oshohmole or Rochas, I just pray that God allows GEJ to live till 2015: and still have interest on the seat. GEJ is good but his political kinsmen are just making his government look urgly.
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by DeepSight(m): 1:11pm On Jan 11, 2013
Demdem:

[b]i respect ur opinion however ur sole reason for nullifying Buhari to me is so petty and ignorable.

Treason is petty and "ignorable" ? ? ? ? ? ?

This alone shows exactly why we have a long way to go in this country.

You actually regard the illegal take-over of a democratic government which leads to 16 years of military rule to be "petty and ignorable" ? ? ?

Wow. Just wow.

Love him or hate him, Nothing in our laws prevents Buhari from beneffiting from any democratic setting.

That is incorrect. Under the laws at the time of the 1983 coup, that act was Treason. Thus, he can, and should still be tried for that act.

1 Like

Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by Demdem(m): 1:34pm On Jan 11, 2013
Deep Sight:

Treason is petty and "ignorable" ? ? ? ? ? ?

It was an "acceptable treason". its on record that the vast majority of Nigerians welcomed the idea unfortunately considering what shagari and his cohorts were doing then. It wasnt the best approach but as at then at least in the African continent considering our level of exposure, it was generally acceptable. Other countries also experienced it. While some may be said to be better for it (Ghana) some werent. its part of our growing phase. The way coups are seen now and treated now at this day and age cant be compared to then so its wrong on ur part to see it the same way. Even world powers were known to encourage coups then, do they now? If Buhari still believe in Coups, why should he still be contesting. Abegii, that time has past. by the way, that wasnt the only reason u gave that made it really petty and ignorable.

This alone shows exactly why we have a long way to go in this country.

Ur opinion. its perfectly in order.

You actually regard the illegal take-over of a democratic government which leads to 16 years of military rule to be "petty and ignorable" ? ? ?

Wow. Just wow.

And how was he responsible for the 16years? Its even on good record that infact, his government was much more responsive, disciplined and prudent when compared to subsequent military regimes and even the shagari regime he overthrew. Like i said earlier, it wasnt as criminally unacceptable then unlike now that its a taboo even though it was in our law books. It was illegal fine but that exactly was what the majority wants as at then.

That is incorrect. Under the laws at the time of the 1983 coup, that act was Treason. Thus, he can, and should still be tried for that act.

Look, considering his numerous enemies that abound out there against this man, what will it take them to go to court to receive an injuction barring him from contesting because he once benefitted in a coup plot if its possible at all?
What i said which u refuted wrongly was nothing in our laws presently prevents former coup beneficiaries from benefitting from any democratic setting, if u know of any in our law books kindly fish it out for all to see. What i said still remain.

Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by DeepSight(m): 1:46pm On Jan 11, 2013
Demdem: It was an "acceptable treason". its on record that the vast majority of Nigerians welcomed the idea unfortunately considering what shagari and his cohorts were doing then. It wasnt the best approach but as at then at least in the African continent considering our level of exposure, it was generally acceptable. Other countries also experienced it. While some may be said to be better for it (Ghana) some werent. its part of our growing phase. The way coups are seen now and treated now at this day and age cant be compared to then so its wrong on ur part to see it the same way. Even world powers were known to encourage coups then, do they now? If Buhari still believe in Coups, why should he still be contesting. Abegii, that time has past. by the way, that wasnt the only reason u gave that made it really petty and ignorable.

There is no such animal as "acceptable treason." That is an oxymoron, sir.

Do you really believe that coups were acceptable because Western Powers supported them then? You are a laugh, kind sir.

That is like saying that apartheid was acceptable in the eighties because western powers condoned it.

Please dont EVER say that again, for the sake of the respect of your family.

And how was he responsible for the 16years? Its even on good record that infact, his government was much more responsive, disciplined and prudent when compared to subsequent military regimes and even the shagari regime he overthrew. Like i said earlier, it wasnt as criminally unacceptable then unlike now that its a taboo even though it was in our law books. It was illegal fine but that exactly was what the majority wants as at then.

The succeeding military governments did not seize power from a democratic government. Buhari did.

Look, considering his numerous enemies that abound out there against this man, what will it take them to go to court to receive an injuction barring him from contesting because he once benefitted in a coup plot?

The only reason it has not been done is the same as I earlier pointed out: our collective lack of self respect - and also corruption. Because taking such a step will open a pandora's box of other necessary steps: other former military Heads of State and their families would be affected and they are too influential in Nigeria today for this to happen. Period. Corruption at play.

This is why I despise every ruler in Nigeria, including GEJ, who fails to dig into Nigeria's scandalous past and bring all of these thugs to book. If I was president, whilst I am being sworn into office at Eagle Square, the SSS would be arresting EVERY former military head of state, their aides, ministers, et al. Babangida will have to explain even the source of his house in minna. Under the Public service rules, and given his legitimate income as an army officer and even as (illegal) Head of State, he has no explanation for that villa. I would ensure that they ALL spend the rest of their pathetic lives in Prison. Nest of killers that they are.

What i said which u refuted wrongly was nothing in our laws presently prevents former coup beneficiaries from benefitting from any democratic setting, if u know of any in our law books kindly fish it out for all to see. What i said still remain.

It is simple: I do not speak simply of coup beneficiaries. I never said so. I said that Buhari has no moral right to benefit from any democratic experiment in Nigeria. Period.

As for the law: the fact remains simple: AT THE TIME OF THE 1983 COUP, UNDER THE LAWS OF NIGERIA, IT WAS AN ACT OF TREASON. HE SHOULD BE TRIED FOR THAT. PERIOD.

1 Like

Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by Demdem(m): 2:13pm On Jan 11, 2013
Deep Sight:

There is no such animal as "acceptable treason." That is an oxymoron, sir.

This isnt English class and my highlighting such suggest such. It was a message i was trying to pass from both words. Yes it was Treason but Nigerians wanted it as at then

Do you really believe that coups were acceptable because Western Powers supported them then? You are a laugh, kind sir.
That is like saying that apartheid was acceptable in the eighties because western powers condoned it.

Nop, and my post didnt suggest such. Read carefully and understand what i meant. The Buhari takeover was unfortunately acceptable to most Nigerians then because they were fed up with the status quo. It wasnt the best of approach as it is known to us now however it was common then as a way out not only in Nigeria but in the whole continent.
Secondly, Apartheid cant be compared to coup. Dont do that

Please dont EVER say that again, for the sake of the respect of your family.

lets be civil please. dont need to bring up ur family to this discussion

The succeeding military governments did not seize power from a democratic government. Buhari did.

But Buhari wasnt the first military man that seize power from a democratic government in Nigeria, was he? And by the way does it matter? is that the reason why he should be blamed for the excesses of IBB, Abacha and Abubakar? I dont think so.

The only reason it has not been done is the same as I earlier pointed out: our collective lack of self respect - and also corruption. Because taking such a step will open a pandora's box of other necessary steps: other former military Heads of State and their families would be affected and they are too influential in Nigeria today for this to happen. Period. Corruption at play.

and what stops u from embarking on this task? Even i doubt if the late Gani Fawehinmi of blessed memory did embarked on such furtile task. abegi, lets face present day realities.

This is why I despise every ruler in Nigeria, including GEJ, who fails to dig into Nigeria's scandalous past and bring all of these thugs to book. If I was president, whilst I am being sworn into office at Eagle Square, the SSS would be arresting EVERY former military head of state, their aides, ministers, et al. Babangida will have to explain even the source of his house in minna. Under the Public service rules, and given his legitimate income as an army officer and even as (illegal) Head of State, he has no explanation for that villa. I would ensure that they ALL spend the rest of their pathetic lives in Prison. Nest of killers that they are.

Good initiative u have there, i hope u become one one day

It is simple: I do not speak simply of coup beneficiaries. I never said so. I said that Buhari has no moral right to benefit from any democratic experiment in Nigeria. Period.

Buhari isnt perfect neither is he a saint but ur moral stance is just to u and those within the same line of thought. As long as u never said Buhari has no "legal" right to benefit then its in order then.
He may not be our best bet however considering our present challenges coupled with our so limited choices that we realisticallyhave, its politically expedient to bring in this lesser evil that has the capability to break us off from the present status quo. By the way, probably for another day, its on record Buhari wasnt a coup plotter but the primary beneficiary of the coup. Ask ur history teacher and u would be told about what transpired.

As for the law: the fact remains simple: AT THE TIME OF THE 1983 COUP, UNDER THE LAWS OF NIGERIA, IT WAS AN ACT OF TREASON. HE SHOULD BE TRIED FOR THAT. PERIOD.

And since no court on th eland has found him wanting as regards this, then he is a clean man and free to vote and be voted for. Since his political rivals feels its not the right way to go, u has private citizen can go ahead then.
Dont get me wrong here, am not for coups but as at then, what Buhari did though against the laws of the land was generally acceptable and welcomed. The law is made for man and not vice-versa.

2 Likes

Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by DeepSight(m): 2:43pm On Jan 11, 2013
Repeated Post

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Is Tinubu During Jonathan's Tenure(pics) / 496 Civilians, 86 Security Operatives Killed In The North West In September / Nigeria Establishes Virtual Court Rooms/Studios In Correctional Centres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.