Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,283 members, 7,780,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:31 PM

NL Rap Battles chatroom - Rap Battles (1074) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / NL Rap Battles chatroom (1246732 Views)

NL Rap Battles Chatroom 2 / NL Rap Battles Top 10 Netcees Of 2014 / Nairaland Rap Battles Real Call Out Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1071) (1072) (1073) (1074) (1075) (1076) (1077) ... (1118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by liricyst(m): 6:54am On Jun 12, 2016
ELYMAXiimus:
Then, you're a selfish writer. It isn't better to write for yourself without considering the general audience. Where did you see such a laughable quote?

True, when you write, you're your first audience. However, this doesn't mean you shouldn't consider your subsequent audience.

If you're writing for yourself alone, then, the write-ups are probably meant for your personal diary. What you're saying is just like saying it is better for a circus performer to perform for himself, the way he pleases -- even when the audience are dozing off.

Whatever homie. I only care about those who can relate with me. It's okay for me to be selfish with it. I ain't eating off raps or scripts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 12, 2016
liricyst:

Whatever homie. I only care about those who can relate with me. It's okay for me to be selfish with it. I ain't eating off raps or scripts.
Great writers write for all to understand. Back when I started writing Poetry about ten years ago I wrote complex. Words only me or someone like MF DOOM will understand. I loved it.

But it was selfish and the goal–the dissemination of information in a beautiful language–defeated. For some ignorant reasons I thought being complex and difficult to understand is the highest form of Poetry. Most people are trapped in this Asylum.

I kept confusing people(or was it myself) and the thought that my information relay well suppressed my writing further(the effects). Some read my poetry and say I'm mad. Not that I couldn't relay simple but better poems, but then, simple was for simpletons.

And for some stupid reasons I also considered madness at that stage a great feat. Of course it is a great feat. But great doesn't mean good or even positive. Great doesn't mean negative or bad but my kind of poetry was bad and negative.

I started writing for people. Ladies of course. You know when they touch those places and tease you demanding for one. It lacked fluid. The poems made no sense to them. Imagine! If a Love poem doesn't make sense to a Lady who else will it make sense to?

I had to adjust. Today, I can pass the best of ideas and all things that know what ideas look like get it. Thank you, Seun, for springing my diversity. I don't mean this Seun. Gentle touch. Tenderised hands. Soft everywhere. Now you know.

You should try to write for those who know what ideas look like. Except you are writing a diary. And a diary isn't a license to go mad.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by JigsawKillah(m): 12:33am On Jun 14, 2016
Emaprince, why is your 'list' of preferred opponents filled with people who have no interest in battle rapping anymore?

meanwhile, I'm thinking about having another battle... Emaprince or Obesemf

10 bars
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Emaprince: 9:03am On Jun 14, 2016
JigsawKillah:

Emaprince, why is your 'list' of preferred opponents filled with people who have no interest in battle rapping anymore?

10 bars
I'm also suffering from lack of interest in writing bars. Since december 2014, I've not written a single bar so I'm extremely rusty.

As for the list, those are the peeps I deem worthy enough. ELYMAXiimus and kr0ne especially. I have to admire your pen game so much that a battle with you will be worthwhile.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by liricyst(m): 11:14am On Jun 14, 2016
Reyginus:
Great writers write for all to understand. Back when I started writing Poetry about ten years ago I wrote complex. Words only me or someone like MF DOOM will understand. I loved it.

But it was selfish and the goal–the dissemination of information in a beautiful language–defeated. For some ignorant reasons I thought being complex and difficult to understand is the highest form of Poetry. Most people are trapped in this Asylum.

I kept confusing people(or was it myself) and the thought that my information relay well suppressed my writing further(the effects). Some read my poetry and say I'm mad. Not that I couldn't relay simple but better poems, but then, simple was for simpletons.

And for some stupid reasons I also considered madness at that stage a great feat. Of course it is a great feat. But great doesn't mean good or even positive. Great doesn't mean negative or bad but my kind of poetry was bad and negative.

I started writing for people. Ladies of course. You know when they touch those places and tease you demanding for one. It lacked fluid. The poems made no sense to them. Imagine! If a Love poem doesn't make sense to a Lady who else will it make sense to?

I had to adjust. Today, I can pass the best of ideas and all things that know what ideas look like get it. Thank you, Seun, for springing my diversity. I don't mean this Seun. Gentle touch. Tenderised hands. Soft everywhere. Now you know.

You should try to write for those who know what ideas look like. Except you are writing a diary. And a diary isn't a license to go mad.

I have no qualms with your opinions. It is very valid. Most importantly, it is valid for you. If i were doing rap professionally, i would write for the audience because it would translate into more cash for me. Still a selfish reason.
Now my dear friend, since writing is just a hobby of mine, the only thing that is important to me is why i write. I honestly dislike battling but i found that battling could make a writer more versatile, and hence a better writer. That's the only reason i battled during the short time i did. I write mostly to motivate myself. I'm a complex being and so sometimes my lines may look complex but it just my thought process. What i write at any point in time is directly attributed to my mental state. i however agree with you on scripting to who you are writing for. In fact i encourage it. I write love poems too. So i got you loud and clear there.

When i write such, i want the lady to understand everything i am expressing, but when i'm battling, i don't care about the win or about connecting with the voters. Mostly because most judges are technical enough to comprehend whatever i script.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by obesemf(m): 12:04pm On Jun 14, 2016
JigsawKillah:

10 bars

not enough activity here bruh, won't we be wasting our time?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 14, 2016
liricyst:

I have no qualms with your opinions. It is very valid. Most importantly, it is valid for you. If i were doing rap professionally, i would write for the audience because it would translate into more cash for me. Still a selfish reason.
Now my dear friend, since writing is just a hobby of mine, the only thing that is important to me is why i write. I honestly dislike battling but i found that battling could make a writer more versatile, and hence a better writer. That's the only reason i battled during the short time i did. I write mostly to motivate myself. I'm a complex being and so sometimes my lines may look complex but it just my thought process. What i write at any point in time is directly attributed to my mental state. i however agree with you on scripting to who you are writing for. In fact i encourage it. I write love poems too. So i got you loud and clear there.

When i write such, i want the lady to understand everything i am expressing, but when i'm battling, i don't care about the win or about connecting with the voters. Mostly because most judges are technical enough to comprehend whatever i script.
Okay.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 14, 2016
Listen to me spit some ill rhymes as i go against d legend m.i abaga. #bless. https://my.notjustok.com/track/100831/rookie-123-hiphop-a-dj-neptune-ft-mi-cover.
Criticisms and comments are appreciated
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by JigsawKillah(m): 2:11am On Jun 16, 2016
obesemf:

not enough activity here bruh, won't we be wasting our time?

I think so
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by JigsawKillah(m): 2:22am On Jun 16, 2016
Emaprince:
I'm also suffering from lack of interest in writing bars. Since december 2014, I've not written a single bar so I'm extremely rusty.

As for the list, those are the peeps I deem worthy enough. ELYMAXiimus and kr0ne especially. I have to admire your pen game so much that a battle with you will be worthwhile.

i'd have pushed this further but a battle with you won't be worthwhile too. i think, from the state of your pen game from your last battle, you need to keep writing for the next six months to be able to catch up. and there's no indication that i have hit my limits so you may be forever behind. and even if you managed to catch up, going against any of those dudes you mentioned, myself included, is suicidal.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Emaprince: 7:57am On Jun 16, 2016
Hehe.. E PAIN AM SHA.

2 Likes

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 16, 2016
JigsawKillah:

i'd have pushed this further but a battle with you won't be worthwhile too. i think, from the state of your pen game from your last battle, you need to keep writing for the next six months to be able to catch up. and there's no indication that i have hit my limits so you may be forever behind. and even if you managed to catch up, going against any of those dudes you mentioned, myself included, is suicidal.
Lolol. EmaPrince are you going to watch this 'small' boy take you out like this? I can't take this one o.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by gottoboy(m): 11:01am On Jun 16, 2016
Yes
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by GIYAZZ(m): 9:20pm On Jun 16, 2016
Open Audio battle call out.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by JigsawKillah(m): 9:30pm On Jun 16, 2016
Emaprince:
Hehe.. E PAIN AM SHA.

is there any reason I should be pained? I'm glad you refused though. honestly.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by jreyez(m): 10:22pm On Jun 16, 2016
GIYAZZ:
Open Audio battle call out.

Come on, let me eat you while i can.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by GIYAZZ(m): 3:34am On Jun 17, 2016
jreyez:

Come on, let me eat you while i can.
Lol. Someone already accepted on FB.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Crude(m): 7:50pm On Jun 17, 2016
***just peeping*** Does my name ring a bell E don tay jare.....going off
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by okayw(m): 12:37am On Jun 22, 2016

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by JigsawKillah(m): 12:53pm On Jun 22, 2016
good morning guys, I'm sorry to bother you all but I really need your help...please help me vote for Lanicky on the on going miss Nairaland contest..

Just type "I vote LANICKY CC: nljega" on this link

https://www.nairaland.com/3180901/miss-nairaland-contest-2016-semi-final/3 

only your votes can take her to the next round which is the grand finale... Please help keep her in the game, your Votes would really go a long way..

Voting has commenced, closes by 6 pm (West African time) I'm really counting on you guys.. Thanks a lot..

You can also mention my moniker right below your vote so that I can thank you...thanks once more

God bless you

cc

Ibime

emaprince

teddybiyasi

Jreyez

gottoboy

Reyginus

jason21

elymaxiimus

Liricyst

funlord

thanks guys, I'm counting on y'all
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by jreyez(m): 7:35am On Jun 23, 2016
Sons of bytches
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by okayw(m): 4:59pm On Jun 23, 2016
I deserve Best Rapper this Year [New Music] Okay W - Too Set http://lokcitymusic.com/okay-w-too-set-okay_w/

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jun 23, 2016
okayw:
I deserve Best Rapper this Year [New Music] Okay W - Too Set http://lokcitymusic.com/okay-w-too-set-okay_w/
That Silicon is disgusting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Decentpee(m): 8:34am On Jun 24, 2016
henzekido:

I will do that but not now
yeah, but ma lyrics ain't diss nor beef..
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by epiphany202(m): 11:59am On Jun 24, 2016
Hi l never went no where but they say Epiphany is back[color=#006600][/color]
grin grin ;
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by epiphany202(m): 12:11pm On Jun 24, 2016
if the beast is at peace,
u pay your dues to the priest
this arent the life that i used to live
little oops nd down moving the kings from the queen
just as u reading this shit
u asking who the hell is he
just never forget

Epiphany is the king of the beast

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Hydrog3n(m): 10:21pm On Jun 24, 2016
Reyginus:
That Silicon is disgusting.
You're wrong bro. . .as in you can see how passionate he is about music the way he was staring at that âss.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 25, 2016
Hydrog3n:
You're wrong bro. . .as in you can see how passionate he is about music the way he was staring at that âss.
Lolol.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by JigsawKillah(m): 10:26am On Jun 25, 2016
please guys, today's the grand finale of the Miss NL competition.... please help a brother to help a sister win!

just click on the link below and type

" vote Lanicky cc NLJega"

you can mention me along so I can thank you personally.

https://www.nairaland.com/3186985/miss-nairaland-contest-2016-grand#46901999

cc teddybiyasi
Reyginus
Emaprince
Jreyez
Ibime
airmark
hydrog3n
dj5naira
jason21
66kazna99

thanks guys
I'm counting on y'all
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by JigsawKillah(m): 10:45am On Jun 25, 2016
66kazna99

LOL
thanks bro
I owe you one
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 25, 2016
JigsawKillah:
66kazna99

LOL
thanks bro
I owe you one

Sure thing bruh just put the guns away sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Decentpee(m): 6:39pm On Jun 25, 2016
Yeah... M in if u wanna battle... Holla @ me to slaughter u alive. Lolzz

(1) (2) (3) ... (1071) (1072) (1073) (1074) (1075) (1076) (1077) ... (1118) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.