Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,416 members, 7,808,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

AFCON 2013: Keshi names 23-Man squad - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON 2013: Keshi names 23-Man squad (26494 Views)

Breaking News!!! Sunday Oliseh Names 23-man Squad For Tanzania / Keshi Names 24-Man-Squad To Face Congo 10th November / Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON 2013: Keshi names 23-Man squad by honeric01(m): 4:40am On Jan 10, 2013
Blood_Shed: Aight, so they gonna pick Reuben Gabriel and Fegor Ogude ahead of Rabiu Ibrahim and Joel Obi?

And how can they pick Ejike Uzoenyi and Sunday Mba ahead of Bright Dike and Victor Anichebe?

Boi....

For God sake, why una just dey type anyhow na? are the first 2 fit?

did victor make the 32 man list?
do you know his plan for the team?
Re: AFCON 2013: Keshi names 23-Man squad by delors(m): 4:44am On Jan 10, 2013
If Osaze had controlled his initial outburst, perhaps he would have made the list...i see him making more impacts in the attack dan some on this list. And I would pick Dike ahead of two other midfield players on the list. BTW where in heaven is Stanley Okoro? Oh menh!
Anyway, goodluck...ops!..sorry, I wish d guys all the best! (Person gats becareful how u use the word 'GOODLUCK' in this new year o...esp considering GEJ aint worth the mention.)
Re: AFCON 2013: Keshi names 23-Man squad by Johnnoah1st: 6:25am On Jan 10, 2013
Abeg guy go help me insult dose stupid zambians http://www.zambianfootball.co.zm/
Re: AFCON 2013: Keshi names 23-Man squad by Mospring(m): 6:31am On Jan 10, 2013
Scarpon: osaze and Joel obi nko
Re: AFCON 2013: Keshi names 23-Man squad by Smooyis(m): 6:38am On Jan 10, 2013
The team is yet to gel. Maybe before d start of d tournament.I believe they will do better. Cape verde was a good opposition
Re: AFCON 2013: Keshi names 23-Man squad by Nobody: 6:48am On Jan 10, 2013
l̴͖̲̖̱͎͋́̀̏̀͂͜ơ̴̢̘͖͖̟͔̲͉̣̖̒͐̑̑̈́̀̓̆̑͒̏̈́̽̇͌͆̚͘r̴̢̛͕̞̠̼̥͇͙̥̥̗̼͎̰̻̗̩̹̬̰̜̰̪̜̯͈̓̇͆͜ę̴̧̦̩̞̫̬̫͓̫̟̣͖̝̤̩̱̻͌̆̈̅̊̇̈́̄͒͆͂̒̋͗̀́͐̚͜͜m̵̳̬͎̦̼̖͙̻̞̲̳͎͖̤̜͙̞̘̪̥͈̮̲̫̈́̂̑̓̅͌̉̃̄́̎̈́͛̔̃̈͒͛̆̉̉̍̍͌̅̒̿͘͝ͅͅ ̸̨̛̛̮̱͖͇̗͉͙̭͉͕͖̯̼͂̀̆̔̀̽̿̆͐͑͑̀̈́̈͂͒̽̅̒́̒̚͘̚̚̕͝ͅͅͅį̷̨͚̜͖̪̯̦̼̹̤͇̱͕̹̯̓̂̎͊̎͐͊͂̽̈́͊̅̈̏̋͗̀̾̎̂̀̚͝ͅp̵̡͖̱̮̹̫͖̱̺͖͚̙͇̘͈̥̭͎̅̃͗͒̒̐̀̽͑̕̕̕͜͜ş̵̧̛͚͎̘̹̻̩͉̩͕͕͍̲̼̳̲̬͖̟͊̒̽̊͛͂͒̍̇̾̅̀̑̽̆͌̈́͒̀̒́̒̏̚͝͠u̸̧̫̯͉̥̬̗͚̹͙̇̑̾͌̃͌̈́̉̀͛̍̂̄̃̑͝m̵̨̧̛̲̰̰̫̰̖̗̟͉̝͚̯̞̮̪̝͚̯͔̖̻͉͈̫̫̩̞͗̀̈́̅͆̽̆̎͐͂͆̐̾͊̆͝ ̵̛̛̯̮͍͎̜̖̥̫̱͕̥̻̖̮͈̖͎̯͊̒̉̔̔̓̀̍̆̈̊̈́̀͑̓̎̓̄̚͘͜͠͝n̵̟̜̗̩̬̯̫͇̝̙̖̟͋́̒̾̃͒͊̂̇̔͌̎͌̂͠ͅả̸̡͇̟͕̓̾͗̋̄͆̆̒͆̃͐͝i̵̢̧̧̮̞̺̻̝̬̤̲͉̟̟̺̙̣̣̭̘̱̰͇̦̍̌̀̒̎̒͋̊͐̇̿̌͛̓̓͑̆́̉͊͗̿́͘͜͝r̵̻̱̼̣̊̏͂͌̎͊̿̈͂̒͂́̐̔͂̅̅̀͘͝a̵̢͓͉̪̯̯͕̲͔̘͎͓͖̅̄͌̓̈́̒̾̇̀̈́̊̐̋͊̏̎͒̆̊̈̿̑̀͋̒̕̕͠ͅͅl̵̺̩̙̣͉̙͍̱͉͚͖̬̻̮͒̓̄́̀̋̈́͋̈̚͠ḁ̷̛̼̤͔̩̱̜̱̯̦̭̗͓̘͈͔̹̟̥̹̈́̇̔̄̂̀̔͂̏́̆͂̀̀̈́̑͐̇̓͒͊̕̕͝͝n̴̢̛̥͇͇̤̓̎̅̐͑̔͒̐͆͒̾͗̒̓̒́̓̾͗̒͜͝͝ḑ̴̧̨̝̞̦̯̯̠̺̭̭̗̭̱̯͉̹͔̪̦̉͂̋̽̿͑̃̽̐͐͋̌̏͌͑͗̀̎͜͠͠͝͠
Re: AFCON 2013: Keshi names 23-Man squad by ayexel: 6:55am On Jan 10, 2013
Well not a Bad list,dnt Think there is anything like Tribalism here and Keshi is from Edo I think, So hw many Edo boys dey here.The needs to Gel sha.Kudos to Keshi for Picking those home based lads tht featured during the Qualifiers.Not expectin much anyway, its a rebuilding process.
Re: AFCON 2013: Keshi names 23-Man squad by Nobody: 7:01am On Jan 10, 2013
Naija,wait first let me make 2 thngs clear here 2 settle this tribalism of a thng
1. Nigeria is a nation of close to 170 million and there's no how that majority of the selectd players wil b ibo nd pple wouldnt complain.
2. "Zoning" is a nrmal term in classifying nigeria so even though the players were evenly distributed, naijarians wil say y is the coach nt igbo. So relax, dnt rebuke the ethnicitists nd remember, check my profile nd nominate for nairaland members' music awards.
Up Naija
Re: AFCON 2013: Keshi names 23-Man squad by Nobody: 7:11am On Jan 10, 2013
A nations cup without No Peter Odewingie, Obafemi Martins, Shola Ameobi, Yakubu Aiyegbeni. I won't be suprise if i see Nigeria after the first round....
Keshi You No try!
Re: AFCON 2013: Keshi names 23-Man squad by Nobody: 7:13am On Jan 10, 2013
I wish una goodluck jonathan....
Re: AFCON 2013: Keshi names 23-Man squad by Arysexy(m): 7:15am On Jan 10, 2013
wot a stupid comments from some yoruba peeps here, must u bring tribalism into everything? u ppl suck! d same quota system that include keita in super eagle cost us against japan in 2010 world cup. Let the man whom d cap fits wear d cap. Go check Nigeria history, igbos are into football more than any tribe in nigeria and as a result will always impress any coach be he white or nigerian, so y d fuss?
Re: AFCON 2013: Keshi names 23-Man squad by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 10, 2013
These players wont go beyond d first stage of d competition even if T.B Joshua lay hands their head!
Re: AFCON 2013: Keshi names 23-Man squad by Uchwilliam(m): 8:01am On Jan 10, 2013
smh if ivory coast,egypt,or even ghana cameroun catch una with this yeye team... infact let me reserve my comment.
Re: AFCON 2013: Keshi names 23-Man squad by Uchwilliam(m): 8:01am On Jan 10, 2013
smh if ivory coast,egypt,or even ghana cameroun catch una with this yeye team... infact let me reserve my comment and laugh.
Re: AFCON 2013: Keshi names 23-Man squad by uromicom: 8:08am On Jan 10, 2013
i Jonathan kindly wish the super eagles GOODLUCK grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2013: Keshi names 23-Man squad by Nobody: 8:12am On Jan 10, 2013
^^^
With patience, good luck will be with our team.
Re: AFCON 2013: Keshi names 23-Man squad by newmusic: 8:45am On Jan 10, 2013
Keshi is trying to do business with those players and he has failed already, he'll be sacked in South Africa. A team without our best players, Musa, Uche, Moses and Enyeama are the recognised players there, the rest na olodo just like keshi.
Re: AFCON 2013: Keshi names 23-Man squad by fdigital(m): 8:53am On Jan 10, 2013
I see them loosing out first quater of the tournament. Then
the press goes like; with their usuall attacks, calling keshi incompetent.
News Headlines goes
1. The masses ''sack keshi we need foregn coach''
2. NFF to FG '' we lost out due to lack of funding''.

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2013: Keshi names 23-Man squad by banki(m): 8:58am On Jan 10, 2013
nigerians got carried away because we beat liberia 6-1, forgetting that we wobbled and fumbled through out the qualifiers against mediocre teams like malawi, yes we never one one game convincingly except the last match which we had to win before qualifying

Our contemporaries ivory coast, ghana qualified with two three matches to go......

Keshi leaves out taiwo who may not be the best but far better than echejile, osaze, anichebe, even a mediocre onyekachi apam, dele adeleye are better defenders, in the attack ayila is a far better option than the over rated fegor ogude, in the attack osaze and anichebe remain an integral part of the eagles set u[

Keshi packed home based eagles 3 weeks befor christmas 2 weeks to the tournament we still dont have a style and a pattern....
na wah
Re: AFCON 2013: Keshi names 23-Man squad by niceprof: 9:39am On Jan 10, 2013
The golden era of super eagles ie westerhoff's team of 1994 was made of mostly easterners and the y did Nigeria proud,Yemi tela's boys were made of off westerners and they did Nigeria proud,so let see thru tribalism and be patrotic for once. All we need is winning whether by emeka,kunle or musa.
Re: AFCON 2013: Keshi names 23-Man squad by magicfingers009: 9:41am On Jan 10, 2013
Its very funny how nigerians can be so patrotic when it comes to football. I'm very sure Nigeria wouldn't pass the quater-finals with this squad. Keshi has been biased from the on-set....I'm sure players that weren't picked were the ones who couldn't pay keshi to make the team. This team would be the most undisciplined team ever. Quote me
Re: AFCON 2013: Keshi names 23-Man squad by Nnabugwu8590: 9:44am On Jan 10, 2013
Nwoka: Nice one K!! Bet osaze nko
My dear you are there full time.
Re: AFCON 2013: Keshi names 23-Man squad by odunjoy1(m): 10:26am On Jan 10, 2013
Wishing them all the best
Re: AFCON 2013: Keshi names 23-Man squad by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 10, 2013
fingard02k: CAN 2013: DIKE's BRIGHT HOPES DIMMED AS KESHI NAMES 23-MAN SQUAD

Portland Timbers of USA power playing forward, Bright Dike's Nations Cup hopes was dashed as Super Eagles' boss, Stephen Keshi, Wednesday night released a 23-man list for the South Africa 2013 Africa Cup of Nations. Other players dropped were Raheem Lawal, Benjamin Francis, Solomon Kwande and Heartland FC goalkeeper, Daniel Akpeyi.

FULL LIST:

Goalkeepers : Vincent Enyeama (Maccabi Tel Aviv, Israel); Austin Ejide (Hapoel Be’er Sheba, Israel); Chigozie Agbim (Enugu Rangers)

Defenders : Elderson Echiejile (FC Braga, Portugal); Juwon Oshaniwa (Ashdod FC, Israel); Joseph Yobo (Fenerbahce, Turkey); Efe Ambrose (Celtic, Scotland); Azubuike Egwuekwe (Warri Wolves); Kenneth Omeruo (ADO Den Haag, Netherlands); Godfrey Oboabona (Sunshine Stars)

Midfielders : John Mikel Obi (Chelsea, England); Nosa Igiebor (Real Betis, Spain); Ogenyi Onazi (Lazio, Italy); Obiora Nwankwo (Calcio Padova, Italy); Fegor Ogude (Valerenga FC, Norway); Reuben Gabriel (Kano Pillars)

Strikers : Ahmed Musa (CSKA Moscow, Russia); Emmanuel Emenike (Spartak Moscow, Russia); Brown Ideye (Dynamo Kyiv, Ukraine); Victor Moses (Chelsea, England); Ikechukwu Uche (Villarreal FC, Spain); Ejike Uzoenyi (Enugu Rangers); Sunday Mba (Enugu Rangers)

Brandnew start......great
Re: AFCON 2013: Keshi names 23-Man squad by Nobody: 10:56am On Jan 10, 2013
I Hate 9ja:

Brandnew start......great

Why u hate Naija? undecided
Re: AFCON 2013: Keshi names 23-Man squad by iamdsam: 11:03am On Jan 10, 2013
This is a nice list. I pray we win AFCON 2013
Re: AFCON 2013: Keshi names 23-Man squad by thomwell: 11:11am On Jan 10, 2013
This is about the best selection Nigeria can present for now. My candid advice is that you watch the match as anti-Nigeria supporter to avoid heart attack... grin

And for those Few Nigeria faithfuls who will dare to die for their country supporting Nigeria, abeg watch the matches without your heart oh! (Leave your hearts for your wardrobe till after the match)

I've been there, thank God I survived it...

Goodluck Nigeria cool
Re: AFCON 2013: Keshi names 23-Man squad by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 10, 2013
For all I Know Emenike has got no Business with the Team Shikena!

He's got same Footballing technique and Skills with Ideye and it should have been a Tussle between 'em for the final list which am sure Ideye would get the nod.

Dike provides u with that bulky nature of a Striker, the kinda football u'll need against teams Like Zambia, watch him against Catalonia, he's just Good -- Why then Drop him.

Hope this aint the Beginning of Ya Fall Big Boss?
undecided undecided
Re: AFCON 2013: Keshi names 23-Man squad by honeric01(m): 12:00pm On Jan 10, 2013
El Guapo: For all I Know Emenike has got no Business with the Team Shikena!

He's got same Footballing technique and Skills with Ideye and it should have been a Tussle between 'em for the final list which am sure Ideye would get the nod.

Dike provides u with that bulky nature of a Striker, the kinda football u'll need against teams Like Zambia, watch him against Catalonia, he's just Good -- Why then Drop him.

Hope this aint the Beginning of Ya Fall Big Boss?
undecided undecided

If i was in the coach's shoes, would have gone for Dike rather then Emenike.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The 15 Most Popular Athletes Of All Time Ft, Messi, Ronaldo, Bolt, Federer & Ali / Chelsea Director, Petr Cech Returns To The Goalpost For A Real Match / Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.