Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,392 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? (12224 Views)

10 Habits You Must Quit To Be Happy / Things You Should Give-up To Be Happy / 10 Habits You Must Quit To Be Happy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by 2legit2qwt: 7:01am On Jan 10, 2013
I was watching a TV series(Modern Family) few hours ago and in one of the scenes, the woman was complaining about the lack of intimacy for a month and the possibility of it dragging on for a while, even up to a year shocked

I've read of several cases of people cheating because they were denied sex in the relationship (marriage). This got me wondering and i'm throwing it out there, to the married folks (or unmarried but cohabiting in long term relationships without cheating tongue), how do you stand seeing the same person everyday, having se.x with the same person knowing it's going to be for the rest of your life and assuming no divorce? Just the thought of sleeping with the same person for 5 years scares me shocked

Can you be happy with the same person for ever realistically?

Do you ever feel like just you want to jump in bed and strangle them at some point? Or maybe prepare their food with rat poison? Or somehow catch them unaware and hit them from behind in the kitchen while forcing their braids down the garbage disposal? shocked How do you deal with the same person's sh1t everyday knowing you're stuck with them?

Help me out before i make up my mind to remain single forever cheesy

I swear if this doesn't make the fp, i'll upload a picture of tonto dike with no makeup

13 Likes

Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by seedord247(m): 7:27am On Jan 10, 2013
Dont you have any old folks in your street?

2 Likes

Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 10, 2013
hmm... if u ask me na who i go ask
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by subzidi: 7:33am On Jan 10, 2013
@Post;
Being happy is relative! And one thing you must know is that you need to understand that it behoves on you first to make yourself happy than leaving that responsibility to someone. And btw it is not even all the time that you are happy with yourself not to talk of someone else! Yes long term relationship eg marriage is not a gurantee that one must always be happy or expect our spouses to make us happy all the time! It is a collective responsibility of parties involved to ensure that the embers of the relationship is always charged!
You can be content and fullfilled with same person forever but dont expect them to ALWAYS make you happy 24-7-365dys!
My one cent cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by 2legit2qwt: 7:34am On Jan 10, 2013
seedord247: Dont you have any old folks in your street?
They all passed away tongue

1 Like

Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by seedord247(m): 7:42am On Jan 10, 2013
2legit2qwt:
They all passed away tongue

Then carry one babalawo (herbalist) to their grave and ask him to wake them up for you to ask them your curiosity.....

1 Like

Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by Nobody: 7:53am On Jan 10, 2013
Let me quote one of my best sayings: No one has your interests more at heart than you do

Add this to sub_zidi 's post... & your life will never remain the same

2 Likes

Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by Nobody: 8:21am On Jan 10, 2013
sub_zidi: @Post;
Being happy is relative! And one thing you must know is that you need to understand that it behoves on you first to make yourself happy than leaving that responsibility to someone. And btw it is not even all the time that you are happy with yourself not to talk of someone else! Yes long term relationship eg marriage is not a gurantee that one must always be happy or expect our spouses to make us happy all the time! It is a collective responsibility of parties involved to ensure that the embers of the relationship is always charged!
You can be content and fullfilled with same person forever but dont expect them to ALWAYS make you happy 24-7-365dys!
My one cent cheesy
well said

1 Like

Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by aloyzin: 9:25am On Jan 10, 2013
Till death do us part
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by seuncyber(m): 9:28am On Jan 10, 2013
is very easy just ask your parent.......

1 Like

Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by freecocoa(f): 9:32am On Jan 10, 2013
OP it seems to me like sleeping with one person for the rest of your life is what you are really concerned\worried about, well
if you are a muslim you can have four women but if you are a christian, then just know that man must not live by punny alone.

4 Likes

Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by safarigirl(f): 9:32am On Jan 10, 2013
Yes, you can be happy with the same person forever.

If you want to, there is no such thing as hundred percent, but if you put your mind to it, happiness will come to you.

Have you not heard of couples that have been together for 50 years, who still dance to their wedding songs, who stay by the other's bedsude and nurse him/her to health when ill, who send poems to each other and tell each other 'I love you' every single day? When your spouse treats you like that, my dear if you're not happy, you must be a sadist

7 Likes

Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by victorD3: 9:35am On Jan 10, 2013
Hmmmmm till then. For now I know I have not been happy with same person for straight one month without the usual la la la.
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by enesy4u(m): 9:39am On Jan 10, 2013
its possible. if u can both endure each other
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by omidhe(f): 9:40am On Jan 10, 2013
Sometimes we just want to be alone , sometimes we hate and despise who we are in love with , is a feeling that comtrs once in a long while . Is called mood swing , and when this happen , the best thing is to tell ur partner that u wanna be alone for a while . With time , the feelings will rekindle . Stucking to one person for a long time is not an easy task , but with the grace of God will can . Our parents did it , why can't we ? My opinion , not that I say it applies generally , dnt mis quote me

5 Likes

Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by baby124: 9:42am On Jan 10, 2013
Yes you can, if you decide in your heart to and you make the conscious decision to do that.
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by Afam4eva(m): 9:47am On Jan 10, 2013
It's only in this generation and future generations that thoughts like this can come up and that's because we've been introduced to an array of choices to choose from. If it's not MTN, it is Etisalat, Glo or Airtel. If it's not AIT, it is STV, Channels, MNET, Supersports. If it's not TFC, it is KFC, Sweet sensation, tantalizer. This has led a lot of people to become somewhat indecisive. In the next 10 years, we're gonna have more divorces in Nigeria than we've heard since the Northern and Southern protectorate were amalgamated and that is because people have become impatient and will be ready to get out of the kitchen just because of a temporary heat and will wade if due dilligence is not taken for granted. People of nowadays get bored out of their lives very easily and cannot even withstand 25% of what our parents went through in their marriage but still remained marriage because then divorce was not an option. The term "for better or for worse" is not said at marriages for nothing. Our parents worked out whatever problems they had with each other no matter how big.

Now, coming to the question, "Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person For Ever?". Yes, you can but only if you marry someone for the right reasons and not because of her hips or her booobs or his abs or his drop dead gorgeous body. If you marry someone for these reasons, you'll fall out of love with the person the moment the person loses these things or the moment you become too accustomed to these vainly features.

6 Likes

Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by Bambela(m): 9:49am On Jan 10, 2013
The thing scare me too ooo. I like big pussy n slim one too. May be marrying two wives sef.
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by bory09(m): 9:53am On Jan 10, 2013
No market around your house ni because this one na street question. My simple contribution is that if there is natural love and fear of God in a relationship why can't the love sharing last forever. There are always up and down in a relationship but don't let this compromise the love in a relationship. *if you want more go google if you have no chance read the bible and nurture yourself how love should be if you are traditional person why can't you ask ifa.
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by masterpiecer(m): 9:53am On Jan 10, 2013
My girlfriend of 6yrs still gives me d chills like she is a new 'catch' whenever we r together cant even imagine my life without her, if i were to have a second life time, i wil stil go after her, 4ever even seem short to spend with her cry

8 Likes

Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by Ournaija: 9:56am On Jan 10, 2013
Staying happy with same person for life starts with your "mind". There is no point going into such relationship without first settling it with yourself. Guys want to sleep as many woman as they fantasy in their mind because they have resolve to do so. Some guys have decided to stay off women because they have settled that in their mind. Our mind is the engine that initiate all our actions.

The ones who chase after youngies and anything in skirt has also made up their mind to live that way. My guy it`s all about you and the control you have over your mind . If you want to stay happy with one sex partner all your life settle it in your mind first and if you want to go multiple (which I dont advise) it`s also start from the mind.

4 Likes

Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by kuphid(f): 9:56am On Jan 10, 2013
My one cent cheesy

nice one.
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by Dygeasy(m): 10:00am On Jan 10, 2013
masterpiecer: My girlfriend of 6yrs still gives me d chills like she is a new 'catch' whenever we r together cant even imagine my life without her, if i were to have a second life time, i wil stil go after her, 4ever even seem short to spend with her cry
My mama told me when she saw this: "dygeasy, I know say one day you go say this"
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by dasparrow: 10:02am On Jan 10, 2013
My one cent cheesy

Well said! I could not have said it better myself.
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by YuzedoII: 10:06am On Jan 10, 2013
If that person's name is Shollypopz or ItzModella, yes! kiss
If that person's name is Idowuogbo, F(u)ckkkkkk NO! angry

2 Likes

Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 10, 2013
God designed it to be so.

Who am i to say no
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by FASTLINK1: 10:06am On Jan 10, 2013
Is it only one person that is existing in your world, why not reach out to friends and families? Everything is not all about intimacy, you know?
being happy here is relative and don't tell me that those Rev. Fathers are not happy.
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by Nnekacherry: 10:08am On Jan 10, 2013
If our parents can do it..
Then we definitely can do it too..
The secret is just to make up your mind and believe in yourself and your abilities..

My two cents...
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by animari(f): 10:09am On Jan 10, 2013
[quote author=2legit2qwt]I was watching a TV series(Modern Family) few hours ago and in one of the scenes, the woman was complaining about the lack of intimacy for a month and the possibility of it dragging on for a while, even up to a year shocked

I've read of several cases of people cheating because they were denied sex in the relationship (marriage). This got me wondering and i'm throwing it out there, to the married folks (or unmarried but cohabiting in long term relationships without cheating tongue), how do you stand seeing the same person everyday, having se.x with the same person knowing it's going to be for the rest of your life and assuming no divorce? Just the thought of sleeping with the same person for 5 years scares me shocked

Can you be happy with the same person for ever realistically?

Do you ever feel like just you want to jump in bed and strangle them at some point? Or maybe prepare their food with rat poison? Or somehow catch them unaware and hit them from behind in the kitchen while forcing their braids down the garbage disposal? shocked How do you deal with the same person's sh1t everyday knowing you're stuck with them?

Help me out before i make up my mind to remain single forever cheesy

I swear if this doesn't make the fp, i'll upload a picture of tonto dike with no makeup[/quotehahahahaha!!! Forcing their braids down the garbage disposal?? Funniest post I've read in a long time- but yes....its all relative....its also quite erotic to re-kindle and keep the flame going- not for the fainthearted oooo
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by Joyland(m): 10:09am On Jan 10, 2013
Yes, that's the essence of "for better for worse".
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 10, 2013
Yes ! why not. but only if you know what happiness means, and if you realize that no one but only you can make you happy.

Lesson: it's a thing of the mind, no matter who you are with or where you find yourself, if you don't mind it will never matter. so why worry, just be happy.

1 Like

Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by neksummi(m): 10:16am On Jan 10, 2013
You can be hppy wih the same person for ever. Just make sure you married the right person.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do We Marry? / My Wife's 22yrs Old Niece Is Seriously Tempting Me . (she Like's Being Nude) / Apologies To My Love. A Fellow Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.