Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,287 members, 7,780,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:43 PM

Do You Share The Same Toothbrush With Your Spouse? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Share The Same Toothbrush With Your Spouse? (2198 Views)

Wives Kindly Share The Weird Stuffs You Do For Your Man Out Of Love. / What Do You Share In Common With Your Wife? / Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Share The Same Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by waleadex(m): 9:42am On Jan 10, 2013
This question came to mind when I mistakenly used my wife's toothbrush this morning.It never happened before.Then,I thought of it that some couples even share same toothbrush.Do you share the same toothbrush with your spouse?
Re: Do You Share The Same Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by feminineA: 9:53am On Jan 10, 2013
Yes I do.
Re: Do You Share The Same Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by omicron(m): 9:55am On Jan 10, 2013
It's not hygienic. I wouldn't.
Re: Do You Share The Same Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by waleadex(m): 10:00am On Jan 10, 2013
feminine A: Yes I do.
How did it feel the first time you did that?
Re: Do You Share The Same Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by waleadex(m): 10:01am On Jan 10, 2013
omicron: It's not hygienic. I wouldn't.
Really?..but what are the likely medical complications?
Re: Do You Share The Same Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by feminineA: 10:03am On Jan 10, 2013
waleadex:
How did it feel the first time you did that?

I felt somehow initially but now I love it!
Re: Do You Share The Same Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by waleadex(m): 10:10am On Jan 10, 2013
feminine A:

I felt somehow initially but now I love it!

Wow!!!I envy you.....
Re: Do You Share The Same Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by greatgod2012(f): 10:40am On Jan 10, 2013
Re: Do You Share The Same Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by omicron(m): 10:47am On Jan 10, 2013
waleadex:
Really?..but what are the likely medical complications?
Infection: People who use each other’s toothbrushes are at a higher risk for developing infection which can lead to cavities and tooth decay. The reason fort his is the high amount of bacteria and fungi that can be found on toothbrushes. If left untreated, it can result in tooth loss too.
Apart from tooth decay, beta-hemolytic streptococcus, a bacteria that causes sore throat, can be trapped in toothbrushes and subsequently exchanged. This can cause you to get extremely sick and suffer from symptoms such as a sore throat, fever, cough, swollen lymph nodes and difficulty in swallowing. Mutant strains of streptococcus can also cause dental cavities. This type of bacteria is commonly found on toothbrushes that contain food and residue.
Other organisms too, such as Hepatitis B and C can potentially be transmitted via the practice, particularly in cases where one or both sharers have bleeding gums.

1 Like

Re: Do You Share The Same Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by MarJuly(f): 1:40pm On Jan 10, 2013
My husband initiated that, n its ok
Re: Do You Share The Same Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by MarJuly(f): 1:54pm On Jan 10, 2013
Thank you waleadex. Noted
Re: Do You Share The Same Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by waleadex(m): 4:32pm On Jan 10, 2013
omicron: Infection: People who use each other’s toothbrushes are at a higher risk for developing infection which can lead to cavities and tooth decay. The reason fort his is the high amount of bacteria and fungi that can be found on toothbrushes. If left untreated, it can result in tooth loss too.
Apart from tooth decay, beta-hemolytic streptococcus, a bacteria that causes sore throat, can be trapped in toothbrushes and subsequently exchanged. This can cause you to get extremely sick and suffer from symptoms such as a sore throat, fever, cough, swollen lymph nodes and difficulty in swallowing. Mutant strains of streptococcus can also cause dental cavities. This type of bacteria is commonly found on toothbrushes that contain food and residue.
Other organisms too, such as Hepatitis B and C can potentially be transmitted via the practice, particularly in cases where one or both sharers have bleeding gums.

Nice.......
Re: Do You Share The Same Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by engrtee(f): 6:40pm On Jan 11, 2013
Only if poverty is in d family
Re: Do You Share The Same Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by tiebe: 8:53pm On Jan 11, 2013
i no go fit o!!!!!!!!!!!! Jesu! cant imagine using another person's toothbrush o! even my spouse. so, after my spouse has used the brush to scrub the stale saliva from tongue and clear morning breath, me sef go come use am?
mba o! tufia! i no go even gree make my spouse use my own. no b so dem de take show love o!

hapu ifa o!
Re: Do You Share The Same Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by waleadex(m): 10:23pm On Jan 11, 2013
grin
ti-ebe:
i no go fit o!!!!!!!!!!!! Jesu! cant imagine using another person's toothbrush o! even my spouse. so, after my spouse has used the brush to scrub the stale saliva from tongue and clear morning breath, me sef go come use am?
mba o! tufia! i no go even gree make my spouse use my own. no b so dem de take show love o!

hapu ifa o!
Re: Do You Share The Same Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by EfemenaXY: 1:15pm On Jan 14, 2013
waleadex: This question came to mind when I mistakenly used my wife's toothbrush this morning.It never happened before.Then,I thought of it that some couples even share same toothbrush.Do you share the same toothbrush with your spouse?

NO.

I don't.

Why would I want to do that?

To prove what to whom??
Re: Do You Share The Same Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by RichLizzy: 5:55pm On Jan 14, 2013
engrtee: Only if poverty is in d family
One's man's meat is another man's poison, so it has nothing to do with poverty, and i believe once you said you've become one there is no big deal in it.
Re: Do You Share The Same Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 15, 2013
una no dey swall una saliva when una dey kiss?? undecided undecided undecided
And what kinda infection r u talking about her ?
when dre is love, dre shldnt b anything like irritation!

1 Like

Re: Do You Share The Same Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by omicron(m): 12:03pm On Jan 15, 2013
nikkykay: una no dey swall una saliva when una dey kiss?? undecided undecided undecided
And what kinda infection r u talking about her ?
when dre is love, dre shldnt b anything like irritation!
mutual swallow of saliva during kissing is a different thing altogether. When your husband puts food in his mouth, chews it and then brings it out immediately, maybe you can still eat it, ba? Maybe, afterall the food is fresh, and you are in love too! That's eqvivalent to sharing saliva. But when he chews the food, brings it out and keeps it on the shelf in the bathroom overnight, will you still pick up the same stale food and eat under any circumstance? Certainly no! This second analogy is similar to what happens when toothbrush is shared between spouses, or anybody else, for that matter.
Re: Do You Share The Same Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 15, 2013
omicron: mutual swallow of saliva during kissing is a different thing altogether. When your husband puts food in his mouth, chews it and then brings it out immediately, maybe you can still eat it, ba? Maybe, afterall the food is fresh, and you are in love too! That's eqvivalent to sharing saliva. But when he chews the food, brings it out and keeps it on the shelf in the bathroom overnight, will you still pick up the same stale food and eat under any circumstance? Certainly no! This second analogy is similar to what happens when toothbrush is shared between spouses, or anybody else, for that matter.
pls dnt exagerrate jor!! whats d difference btw swallowing saliva and sharing TB? which one is even more irritating? when its not that u are brushing @ the same time wit d same brush.
is the toothbrush not properly rinsed
Love shld be accommodating i tell you. So if u guys travel somewhere and one of u forget ur brush, so wil hv to wait till shops open be4 u can brush ur teeth or u wont brush @all?
its people like yu dat cant suck the mucous frm ur babies nose, so u cant gist wit ur wife while she is pooing grin?
U never sabi wetin e mean to be intimate then grin
Re: Do You Share The Same Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by chacha3(f): 4:04am On Jan 16, 2013
engrtee: Only if poverty is in d family
really funny cos how much is a toothbrush? Anyways I will not share my toothbrush wit my spouse. There are tins I dnt like sharing esp things lik brush,sponge.
Re: Do You Share The Same Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by tpia5: 7:45am On Jan 16, 2013
LHM.
Re: Do You Share The Same Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by EfemenaXY: 11:20am On Jan 16, 2013
chacha3: really funny cos how much is a toothbrush? Anyways I will not share my toothbrush wit my spouse. There are tins I dnt like sharing esp things lik brush,sponge.

+1000 likes! cheesy

@Poster, some things are just not meant to be shared. Doesn't mean you love your spouse any less though...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Need Assistance On Some Pre - Marriage Issues / Celebrating Fathers' Day: See Beautiful Pics As Posted On Twitter / Court Stops Bayo Williams, Ex-lagos Pdp Boss, From Ejecting Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.