Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,858 members, 7,806,426 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

Keloids; What Do I Do? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Keloids; What Do I Do? (10040 Views)

Natural Home Remedies For Keloids / Solution To All Beauty Problems: Pimples, Keloids,overweight,stretch Marks Etc / Does Anyone Know Keloids Cure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keloids; What Do I Do? by slavia(m): 5:26pm On Feb 26, 2008
iam 25 years old. i have Keloids on my chest.
i have had it since (i think) i was 20 years. But it was very tiny then, it then started growing and also multipling on my chest.
iam afraid it migth continue growing. to worsen it all it itches, so iam always tempted to scratch it (which they say makes it grow more)
dont really know what to do. Any suggestions
Re: Keloids; What Do I Do? by shawla: 7:49pm On Feb 26, 2008
hi slavia,

sorry to hear about ur predicament. sad keloids are common in negroes and are found usually on d chest, back, shoulders, face and r very unsightly atimes.

they do itch because there is a theory that they r benign tumors and highly active. they grow excessively with little or no provocation.

unfortunately, they don't go away. even with surgery they usually recur. no ideal therapy. u can take piriton tablets to stop d itchin.

see a general surgeon or plastic surgeon, steroid injections might be helpful to suppress the growth of d keloids.

cheers

shawla
Re: Keloids; What Do I Do? by TOYOSI20(f): 8:04pm On Feb 26, 2008
@Poster

I think u should try the Bioskin care regimen.

BIOSKINCARE is a cream that absorbs quickly and helps to prevent scarring and speeds up the regeneration of skin

cells. It is made from a substance gathered from live creatures (Chilean Snails, without any harm to them). The natural

substance is a complex compound that combines vitamins that halt inflammation, natural antibiotic peptides that fight

acne infection, bio-available skin regenerating peptides that vanish red marks, shrink scar tissues and prevent and

repair scars. It also contains enzymes that remove dead cells and loosen and slowly dissolve skin lesions.

Good Luck to u!!! wink
Re: Keloids; What Do I Do? by ifyalways(f): 9:39pm On Feb 26, 2008
slavia:

iam 25 years old. i have Keloids on my chest.
i have had it since (i think) i was 20 years. But it was very tiny then, it then started growing and also multipling on my chest.
iam afraid it migth continue growing. to worsen it all it itches, so iam always tempted to scratch it (which they say makes it grow more)
don't really know what to do. Any suggestions
5 good years you had,yet you didnt do nothing?
here are your options:
Coristone injections:this injection is given usually once a month and it helps flatten the keloids.
Surgery:effective but quite risky as the removal of a steroid might trigger the appearance of an even bigger one.
Pulse- dyed laser:flattens the keloid .
silicone gel sheets:wearing of silicon gel sheets for several hours a day.quite expensive.this might compress the keloid.
Cryotherapy:freezing the keloids with liquid nitrogen but this leaves the affected area darker.
Loditin drops:a natural herbal formula said to clear it. undecided
goodluck but why not see a dermatologist.it might not be a keloid yet,it might be hypertrophic scar.
Re: Keloids; What Do I Do? by 4Him(m): 9:42pm On Feb 26, 2008
ifyalways:

5 good years you had,yet you didnt do nothing?
here are your options:
Coristone injections:this injection is given usually once a month and it helps flatten the keloids.
Surgery:effective but quite risky as the removal of a steroid might trigger the appearance of an even bigger one.
Pulse- dyed laser:flattens the keloid .
silicone gel sheets:wearing of silicon gel sheets for several hours a day.quite expensive.this might compress the keloid.
Cryotherapy:freezing the keloids with liquid nitrogen but this leaves the affected area darker.
Loditin drops:a natural herbal formula said to clear it. undecided
goodluck but why not see a dermatologist.it might not be a keloid yet,it might be hypertrophic scar.

which hospital are u recommending for all these? grin LUTH?
Re: Keloids; What Do I Do? by TOYOSI20(f): 9:49pm On Feb 26, 2008
4Him:

which hospital are u recommending for all these? grin[b] LUTH?[/b]

LOL, grin
Re: Keloids; What Do I Do? by ifyalways(f): 9:50pm On Feb 26, 2008
4Him:

which hospital are u recommending for all these? grin LUTH?
. . .there wud be a reply when this is asked by the poster,for now ciao.
Re: Keloids; What Do I Do? by pretty22(f): 10:58am On Feb 27, 2008
LOLZ wht a fate cry
Re: Keloids; What Do I Do? by bamie(m): 1:02pm On Feb 28, 2008
I think LUTH is still better off, allow her to go to UCH, she will get tripple of the problem
Re: Keloids; What Do I Do? by slavia(m): 2:46pm On Feb 28, 2008
shawla,
thanks for ur concern. about keloids not having a proper therapy, u might be right, a doctor i met sometime ago told me the same thing. and i definitely cant continue taking chloramphenramine(piriton) forever just to stop the itching.

toyosi20,
i might just have to try ur the "BIOSKIN care regimen" thing. is it available in the market? can u suggest where i can procure them? thank u

ifyalways,
i think you need to see the way it was 5 yrs ago, it was just like a scratched pimple-didnt seem like a threat at the time. it just grew to this size now within 1 yr. i even stopped playing basket ball because of it. i kind of noticed that its growth escalated when an opponent elbowed it about 2yrs back. i met a doctor 5 months ago who frowned at using steroids. though my brother, a med doc said it might be my only safe option.please can u tell me more about this Loditin drops. thanks
i would be grateful if u can suggest a hosp. i can use, if possible the name of a good dermatologist

by the way Bamie its a he not a she, thanks for ur concern too
Re: Keloids; What Do I Do? by ifyalways(f): 4:44pm On Feb 28, 2008
@poster,loditin is a natural medicine.its taken orally,mixed with water.i heard its very very effective.i know you can buy it online .big pharmacies around might have it.
talking of a good dermatolist in nigeria,i know abt Dr mercy Olumide.shes with Luth.maybe you need to see her.
goodluck.
Re: Keloids; What Do I Do? by TOYOSI20(f): 7:23am On Feb 29, 2008
@Slavia

U are quite welcome, all my friends and classmates

have been telling me about the new fad in skin care so

I decided to do some research for my self I went on

their web site, NaturalBioskincare.com, they ship all

across the globe, and right now you could save on the purchase

price if u order more than one month's supply.

Take care. wink
Re: Keloids; What Do I Do? by Ndikembe: 3:38am On Apr 30, 2008
Ladies and gentlemen, I have used loditin for two months and nothing happened to me at all. I have very small keloids on my cheeks, the biggest being about 1/2 cm.As for me my money went into the drain, close to $100 US as I had to pay duty for the medication.Come to think of it, if it was as effective is it is advertised , doctors would know it, but none has results on it.
Re: Keloids; What Do I Do? by anyhelp: 11:39pm On Jun 27, 2008
i have keloids on my whole body and the most painfull are the ones on the bottom of both my feet can anyone help

Re: Keloids; What Do I Do? by reindeer: 12:37am On Jun 28, 2008
UCH is good for the treatment outlined, theyve been carryong out triple therapy for a while now with sucess, even LUTh and IFE do the same thing
you'll be lucky if you can see prof Yetunde Olumide in LUTH she's the foremost dermatologist in Africa.
Re: Keloids; What Do I Do? by Rome1: 9:40am On Apr 16, 2010
have you tried perhaps not being a negro anymore? i know people that have successfully done it before, just a suggestion, if you don't mind, let me know how it goes!

(1) (Reply)

Cassava & Corn Meal Kills 5 In Enugu / Staphylococcus Aureus And You. / Sexy At 70 Plus Years Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.