Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,980 members, 7,803,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

Biafra Group Sues FG Over Abandoned Property And Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Group Sues FG Over Abandoned Property And Others (9934 Views)

Marilyn Ogar Sues FG Over Sack / Group Sues Buhari, Seeks To Halt Ministers' Inauguration / UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Group Sues FG Over Abandoned Property And Others by Igbogadi(m): 11:48am On Jan 10, 2013
Biafra: Group sues FG over abandoned property, others

OWERRI—A Federal High Court sitting in Owerri has been urged to decide whether the indigenous people of Biafra, who survived the Nigeria-Biafra war of 1967-1970, have the right to self-determination.

Bilie Human Rights Initiative, representing Indigenous People of Biafra, made the plea in a suit, FHC/OW/CS/102/2012, which the group filed against the Federal Government and Attorney General of the Federation.

The group also urged the court to decide whether by the 1963 Constitution, which took effect on October 1, 1963, and remained in force until the midnight of September 30, 1979, the defendants were right to seize and confiscate the assets, properties, money and all treasures belonging to the claimants by promulgating the Abandoned Properties Act of September 28, 1979.

The claimants prayed the court to determine “whether the defendants were justified to violate the International Humanitarian Law and Laws of War, known as the Geneva Convention of 1949, to which the defendants acceded and ratified June 20, 1961, by bombing the Biafran civilians, killing the Biafran civilians and using starvation to kill the children, women and the elderly of the civilian population of the indigenous people of Biafra in the war of 1967-1970, in order to win the war.”

The suit is supported by a 44-paragraph affidavit sworn to by Innocent Obinna Amadi, an engineer, while hearing is expected to begin January 16, 2013.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/biafra-group-sues-fg-over-abandoned-property-others/
Re: Biafra Group Sues FG Over Abandoned Property And Others by TRILLIONIAR: 11:58am On Jan 10, 2013
OH I THANK U LORD, NOW DANCING ALINGO
Re: Biafra Group Sues FG Over Abandoned Property And Others by ajasbaba(m): 12:03pm On Jan 10, 2013
what is all this nonesense now after some years boko haram will come out and say they want to sue the FG for damages...........PLS ALL THIS PEOPLE SHOULD BE FORGOTTEN FOR GOOD

1 Like

Re: Biafra Group Sues FG Over Abandoned Property And Others by afm4ever(m): 1:13pm On Jan 10, 2013
Hmm nawao notin we no fit hear for dis obodo 9ja

1 Like

Re: Biafra Group Sues FG Over Abandoned Property And Others by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 10, 2013
is this a joke?
Re: Biafra Group Sues FG Over Abandoned Property And Others by Afam4eva(m): 1:25pm On Jan 10, 2013
Finally, my grand father's 5 acres of land one the island will be given to me.
Re: Biafra Group Sues FG Over Abandoned Property And Others by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 10, 2013
afam4eva: Finally, my grand father's 5 acres of land one the island will be given to me.

Who's your grandfather please ?

Some people really want to eat from the national cake these days.in any case,there is no case of abandoned property in yorubaland since ibos got their properties back but ya'll may wish to claim abandoned property in kano,borno and the entire north.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Group Sues FG Over Abandoned Property And Others by Afam4eva(m): 1:32pm On Jan 10, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Who's your grandfather please ?

Some people really want to eat from the national cake these days.in any case,there is no case of abandoned property in yorubaland since ibos got their properties back but ya'll may wish to claim abandoned property in kano,borno and the entire north.
I'm beginning to think that you're the one occupying my grand father's property. You better be ready to leave that place.

6 Likes

Re: Biafra Group Sues FG Over Abandoned Property And Others by Okijajuju1(m): 1:33pm On Jan 10, 2013
afam4eva:
I'm beginning to think that you're the one occupying my grand father's property. You better be ready to leave that place.

grin

Nwokem Your Grandfathers land don enter voicemail since...

Even the address where the land dey don change.. grin

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Group Sues FG Over Abandoned Property And Others by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 10, 2013
afam4eva:

I may offer to give you a boy's quarter if you don't mind.like I said,there's no record of abandoned property in the west during that time.
Re: Biafra Group Sues FG Over Abandoned Property And Others by kingsceemark(m): 1:38pm On Jan 10, 2013
Tribal war lords, oya over 2 you guys. I know wetin dey una mind. anything wey una like make una talk, E no comot anything 4rm BIAFRANS. The GOD of ISRAEL always on dem side. KA CHINEKE MEZIE OKWU

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Group Sues FG Over Abandoned Property And Others by EngrH: 1:41pm On Jan 10, 2013
Re: Biafra Group Sues FG Over Abandoned Property And Others by Bokoharam: 1:55pm On Jan 10, 2013
This is good news!

He who takes a child's belonging and raises his hand will bring down his hand when he is tired. FG's hands are now weary.
Re: Biafra Group Sues FG Over Abandoned Property And Others by Okijajuju1(m): 1:55pm On Jan 10, 2013
Bokoharam: This is good news!

He who takes a child's belonging and raises his hand will bring down his hand when he is tired. FG's hands are now weary.

huh?
Re: Biafra Group Sues FG Over Abandoned Property And Others by salam001(m): 2:01pm On Jan 10, 2013
cool cool cool
Re: Biafra Group Sues FG Over Abandoned Property And Others by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 10, 2013
Height of joblessness ... undecided
Re: Biafra Group Sues FG Over Abandoned Property And Others by DeCleff(m): 2:12pm On Jan 10, 2013
Ikwerre

People

Are

Very

Guilty

Of

The

Abandoned

Property

Crime.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Group Sues FG Over Abandoned Property And Others by chrisxxx(m): 2:19pm On Jan 10, 2013
I am going to sue this group for damages on the life of my grandfather that the war they started claimed.Secondly in areas they claim they abandoned property they have no valid prove of ownership. They had wanted to colonize SS but it backfired. Thank God for the war PH has been liberated from internal colonialism.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Group Sues FG Over Abandoned Property And Others by chrisxxx(m): 2:26pm On Jan 10, 2013
DeCleff: Ikwerre

People

Are

Very

Guilty

Of

The

Abandoned

Property

Crime.
The Ikwerreman did not declare abandon property. And those Ibos that genuinely owned land came back and inherited it after the war. People who lost their property were those who out of the overzealous dominance of the Ibos cheated the Ikwerres on their land. The Chief Judge was Ibo, police Ibo everything Ibo. Where are u taking your complaint to if not to suffer it and pray to Almighty for Liberation? The civil war answered the prayers of the Ikwerreman. If need be we will still declare abandon property.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Group Sues FG Over Abandoned Property And Others by REVOLUTNIS: 2:31pm On Jan 10, 2013
95% properties at Aba road, D-line includes Bori camp military barracks and some parts of Diobo, Rumuomasi, Ikwere road in Port Harcourt belongs to the Igbos and MUST be return to them for peace and fairness. I know this wont be acceptable to some folks here, but pls, Don't descend on me am not Igbo but just saying the hiding truth. A God fearing and truthful Rivers man will will confirm this..........
Re: Biafra Group Sues FG Over Abandoned Property And Others by DeCleff(m): 2:38pm On Jan 10, 2013
I

Knew

A

Man

Who

Was

A

Bicycle

Repairer

Before

The

War

But

Became

An

Owner

Of

A

Construction

Company

Immedately

After

The

War.

How did he achieved that?

Abandon property Act.
Re: Biafra Group Sues FG Over Abandoned Property And Others by DeCleff(m): 2:43pm On Jan 10, 2013
REVOLUTNIS: 95% properties at Aba road, D-line includes Bori camp military barracks and some parts of Diobo, Rumuomasi, Ikwere road in Port Harcourt belongs to the Igbos and MUST be return to them for peace and fairness. I know this wont be acceptable to some folks here, but pls, Don't descend on me am not Igbo but just saying the hiding truth. A God fearing and truthful Rivers man will will confirm this..........

Am an Ikwerre guy and am sure are right.
Re: Biafra Group Sues FG Over Abandoned Property And Others by SeunPlus(f): 2:43pm On Jan 10, 2013
Noise makers
Re: Biafra Group Sues FG Over Abandoned Property And Others by Jaideyone(m): 2:47pm On Jan 10, 2013
undecided wow so my post has been hidden? Just because i said Biafrans were rebels and were treated as such Oga mod u can like to hide this one too since your hands are itching.
Re: Biafra Group Sues FG Over Abandoned Property And Others by REVOLUTNIS: 2:50pm On Jan 10, 2013
SeunPlus: Noise makers
folks like u also calld Boko haram Islamists noise makers
Re: Biafra Group Sues FG Over Abandoned Property And Others by truelovecom: 2:52pm On Jan 10, 2013
SeunPlus: Noise makers

WHO?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

9th Assembly: Senate To Officially Inform Buhari, International Bodies Of Commen / Anti-Open Grazing Bill Scales Second Reading In Akwa Ibom Assembly / States VAT Collection Laws Won't Solve Injustice Problem - Bankole Akintojude

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.