Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:48 PM

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno N7 5" Android Phone (308190 Views)

Tecno N7, P3 & Phantom A1 - The Best Out Of These Three / Tecno N7, F7, Gionee E3, G2 Gpad & Infinix 450: Which Phone Is The Best One? / Tecno N7 Is Officially Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Toroze(m): 4:27pm On Jan 11, 2013
Also tecno has this thing for user preference when the t1 and t3 came out they realised it wasn't working as smooth (due to the lack of ram which was 256mb but users where getting way way below that) as it ought to because users where complaining so what did they do they pulled em of the market made em a bit better and then brought em back in before they phased out. The n3 came out and the put a 256mb with a better way of managing the ram (don't know what they did but it ran better than the t3 and they had the same ram) but then they realised it ain't gonna work so they launched the n3 and they categorically stated that the n3 the one at the launch had 512mb of ram mean while the specs on theis wall on fb said 256mb and when they saw 256mb aint gonna cut it they started putting 512mb rams in n3's which found their way into the market (brainrex help with the awareness of that one). If this trend is anything to go by i can assure you when they launched the n7 probably later this month we will be talking 1gb or 784mb of ram. I have spoken.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 11, 2013
Toroze: Also tecno has this thing for user preference when the t1 and t3 came out they realised it wasn't working as smooth (due to the lack of ram which was 256mb but users where getting way way below that) as it ought to because users where complaining so what did they do they pulled em of the market made em a bit better and then brought em back in before they phased out. The n3 came out and the put a 256mb with a better way of managing the ram (don't know what they did but it ran better than the t3 and they had the same ram) but then they realised it ain't gonna work so they launched the n3 and they categorically stated that the n3 the one at the launch had 512mb of ram mean while the specs on theis wall on fb said 256mb and when they saw 256mb aint gonna cut it they started putting 512mb rams in n3's which found their way into the market (brainrex help with the awareness of that one). If this trend is anything to go by i can assure you when they launched the n7 probably later this month we will be talking 1gb or 784mb of ram. I have spoken.
how dare u post this 3x just like dat cos of techno or tecno... Abeg how can I get this lg nexus 4, I really want to jump ship from nokia belle to android?
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Leadn(m): 6:10pm On Jan 11, 2013
Toroze: Also tecno has this thing for user preference when the t1 and t3 came out they realised it wasn't working as smooth (due to the lack of ram which was 256mb but users where getting way way below that) as it ought to because users where complaining so what did they do they pulled em of the market made em a bit better and then brought em back in before they phased out. The n3 came out and the put a 256mb with a better way of managing the ram (don't know what they did but it ran better than the t3 and they had the same ram) but then they realised it ain't gonna work so they launched the n3 and they categorically stated that the n3 the one at the launch had 512mb of ram mean while the specs on theis wall on fb said 256mb and when they saw 256mb aint gonna cut it they started putting 512mb rams in n3's which found their way into the market (brainrex help with the awareness of that one). If this trend is anything to go by i can assure you when they launched the n7 probably later this month we will be talking 1gb or 784mb of ram. I have spoken.

get your facts right! I have uncles who are dealers of Gionee and Tecno, it's been proven beyond reasonable doubt that Gionee's infinity is a proper thrashing to Tecno N3, T3, T1 and even N7!
Tecno makes their phones very cheap ('cos they know that's what Africans/Nigerians want! Have a look... http://ikeja./brand-new-sizzling-android-4-0-tablet-iid-465714630 attracts a pack of buyers, emails, calls daily,,, http://ikeja./dual-core-built-in-3g-phonecall-android-4-0-tablet-pc-iid-470395202 attracts once in a while!).

Tecno android phones attracts alot of returns(faulty phones) while Gionee infinity sells with out a single return (carl care query).

More so, the full specs of Gionee's infinity beats Tecno N7 specs hands down!

1 Like

Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Proffdada: 7:39pm On Jan 11, 2013
Leadn:

get your facts right! I have uncles who are dealers of Gionee and Tecno, it's been proven beyond reasonable doubt that Gionee's infinity is a proper thrashing to Tecno N3, T3, T1 and even N7!
Tecno makes their phones very cheap ('cos they know that's what Africans/Nigerians want! Have a look... http://ikeja./brand-new-sizzling-android-4-0-tablet-iid-465714630 attracts a pack of buyers, emails, calls daily,,, http://ikeja./dual-core-built-in-3g-phonecall-android-4-0-tablet-pc-iid-470395202 attracts once in a while!).

Tecno android phones attracts alot of returns(faulty phones) while Gionee infinity sells with out a single return (carl care query).

No gsm?
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Toroze(m): 9:04pm On Jan 11, 2013
Leadn:

I don't mean to be rude of offensive but can u read properly neva did i say that tecno is better than the infinity i said "now if it is 3mp more of camera and 512mb more of ram that makes it "the infinity" cost 40,000 i will take the tecno n7 anyday" i even praised it saying it had more ram and the camera is better. But i'm not one to argue and to the dude who said that i posted it 3 times "network issues" ma broda i don't think you'll get it yet they're shipping to select countries
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by solay4real84: 10:06pm On Jan 11, 2013
u guys better not think they'll release the n7 with that sought of ram... They are gonna upgrade it to probably 1gb or sometin very close... Its d same tin they did 4 tecno n3... 256RAM then 512RAM... Tecno has it way of listening to the consumers.. We are d voice of naija
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by solay4real84: 10:24pm On Jan 11, 2013
Take it easy @all dont be too optimistic, At least nobody forced u to buy it... Its not even in market 4 now, only few pieces 4 test mode

1 Like

Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Ogetogeo(m): 11:28pm On Jan 11, 2013
Leadn:

I dont know where you are getting your own info from, the Gionee Infinity has 512 ram same as d n7, it has 4gb rom same as. n7, it comes with 4gb mmc while n7 comes with 8gb and far cheaper.
alibabastore.vn/ct/chi-tiet/35/gionee-infinity-power-dien-thoai-android-pin-khung-2500mah-kem-bo-qua-tang-tri-gia-450-000d.html
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by ibietela2(m): 1:12am On Jan 12, 2013
Leadn:

who uses a qwerty phone in this era undecided cheesy

Blackberry
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Dannykool(m): 1:21am On Jan 12, 2013
Leadn:

who uses a qwerty phone in this era undecided cheesy
querty is still needed o. I personally dont realy like touch screen. But if they can @least do it like nokia E6 or E7. Ppl will love it.
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by ibietela2(m): 1:28am On Jan 12, 2013
Which one be Gionee infinity again?
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by eherbal(m): 1:56am On Jan 12, 2013
aze: Actually, outside sources said #35,000 excluding taxes.

Oya reply again to dat one.

na dia family n Friends go dey use am be dat
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by eherbal(m): 2:03am On Jan 12, 2013
Leadn:

Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by eherbal(m): 2:05am On Jan 12, 2013
Leadn:

can we have the specs of the gionee?
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Nobody: 2:48am On Jan 12, 2013
the whole noise about Gionee Infinity boils down to this rubbish specs below. Guys stick with the manufacturer you know with after sales,.

Gionee Infinity v4.0.3 specifications:

Android OS v4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich

Screen size: 5 inches

Touch screen: Capacitive screen,multi-touch TFT

Screen resolution: 800x480 pixels

Screen color: 16 million colors

Network type: Dual SIM,Dual standby mode

Network mode: GSM, WCDMA

Data services: GPRS, EDGE, HSDPA

Support band: 2G GSM 900/1800/1900 3G: WCDMA 2100MHz

Dual-core 1.2GB CPU, 512MB RAM

Memory card: Internal 4GB ROM,4GB free MicroSD card, expandable to 32GB

Battery capacity: 2100mAh

Keyboard Type: Virtual Keyboard

Body Color: Retro black and elegant white

Phone Size: 146x79x10mm

Basic functions

Input Method: IFLYTEK input method

Input mode: Handwriting

Call records: Has received dial missed calls

Messages (SMS), MMS (MMS)

Gravity sensor,Light sensor,Distance sensor

Dual camera (front camera 0.3MP and rear 5MP) LED Flash

Image size: 2592 × 1944MP

Support 3GP/MP4/MIDI/MP3/AAC/MP3/MIDI

Supports 720P (1280x720) videos

Graphics: JPEG and other formats

SNS support

WLAN: WIFI, IEEE 802.11 n/ b/g

Micro USB v2.0

Built-in GPS/AGPS

Contacts: 2000 numbers

Headphone jack: 3.5mm

Bluetooth v3.0 EDR A2DP

Office tools:TXT, Quick Office, Adobe PDF

Battery: 2100mAH

Included in pack:

2100mAH Lithium battery x1
Data cable x1
Headphone x1
Charger x1
Manual x1

Key Specifications of the N7
Network - 2G/3G
Operating System - Android 4.0 ICS
Band - GSM900/DCS1800MHz/WCDMA2100
Processor - 1GHz Dual core CPU
Dimension - 148*79*10.3mm
Display - 5.0″ Capacitive Touch Screen.
Resolution - 480*800 (WVGA)
Camera – 0.3MP Front Camera / 5.0MP back Camera with Flash
Audio - AMR, WAV, AAC, MP3, MIDI, OGG….
VIDEO - MP4, 3GP, MPEG-4…
Memory - 4GB ROM + 512MB RAM – MicroSD, expandable up to 32GB
Messaging & SNS – Gmail
Connectivity - WiFi, Bluetooth3.0, USB
Battery Capacity - BL-4M (2300mAh)
Sensor - G-Sensor, Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor
Other Features - FM Radio, Torch, Voice Recording, Alarm, Memo…

Leadn: Tecno N7 fell below expectations! Compared to Gionee's infinity, this phone sucks!. embarassed

Key Specifications of the N7
Network - 2G/3G
Operating System - Android 4.0 ICS
Band - GSM900/DCS1800MHz/WCDMA2100
Processor - 1GHz Dual core CPU
Dimension - 148*79*10.3mm
Display - 5.0″ Capacitive Touch Screen.
Resolution - 480*800 (WVGA)
Camera – 0.3MP Front Camera / 5.0MP back Camera with Flash
Audio - AMR, WAV, AAC, MP3, MIDI, OGG….
VIDEO - MP4, 3GP, MPEG-4…
Memory - 4GB ROM + 512MB RAM – MicroSD, expandable up to 32GB
Messaging & SNS – Gmail
Connectivity - WiFi, Bluetooth3.0, USB
Battery Capacity - BL-4M (2300mAh)
Sensor - G-Sensor, Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor
Other Features - FM Radio, Torch, Voice Recording, Alarm, Memo…

The Tecno N7 being a key rival to Gionee’s Infinity has failed to impress with less important specs to packed.

The only cool (I guess) feature on the phone is the Android 4.0 ICS (Not Jelly Bean) OS it packed and the dual core (which is not quite impressive in this day of Samsung high end smartphones).

The Tecno N7 also failed to bring a better RAM (at least a 1GB RAM would not have been a bad idea).

The Tecno N7 as stated earlier isn’t available for purchase yet and no date has slated for the launch.

Market estimates put the price of the N7 as 27,000NGN to rival Gionne’s infinity of 30,000NGN.
http://techinfomania.com/2013/01/tecno-n7-hands-on/

Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Nobody: 2:52am On Jan 12, 2013
i prefer the Tecno over the overpriced crap with no sale presence all over Nigeria.
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by pauladonis(m): 7:10am On Jan 12, 2013
at least, Tecno improved on the battery power, 2300mah which better than gionee's battery, also, if it occurs that your gionee develops fault, u will have to go to port-harcourt for repair, ew!! that sucks. indeed, Tecno impressed me. smileyat least, Tecno improved on the battery power, 2300mah which better than gionee's battery, also, if it occurs that your gionee develops fault, u will have to go to port-harcourt for repair, ew!! that sucks. indeed, Tecno impressed me.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by pauladonis(m): 7:15am On Jan 12, 2013
don't judge Tecno n7 when it is still in the making, wait till it is launched, then there will be a full hands-on review of its specs. . . . then you can begin to decide which one is better.
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by umba(m): 8:38am On Jan 12, 2013
atleast dey cld hv mk it up one gb ram, i think dey need to improve
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Kamaye(m): 9:55am On Jan 12, 2013
Waiting......
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by LeJeun3: 11:26am On Jan 12, 2013
Toroze: Dude we are talking about giving nigerians the same quality products from a company based in nigerian. It is better than most of nokia's asha range and i'm talking price and spec wise and plus tecno is offering this device for almost the same quality as the gionee infinity for a way cheaper price there is also a 12+1 month warranty and a help desk whenever you need one. All Those saying the gionee infinity is better only in some areas such as the camera which is 8mp while tecno is 5mp and the ram which is 1gb while tecno is 512mb. Now if you're telling me that an extra 3mp of camera and 512mb of ram is what makes the infinity worth N40,000 I Will Take The tecno anyday any time oh did mention its android when nokia officially ports android to any of it device you can talk
Just because you want to answer the name of using an android phone? Must nokia port Symbian? U don't know what Nokia is working on.
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Toroze(m): 2:05pm On Jan 12, 2013
LeJeun3: Just because you want to answer the name of using an android phone? Must Nokia port Symbian? U don't know what Nokia is working on.
True Hopefully Its Something Crazy Like Sailfish or a Better Version Of Their Os Cause in My Opinion They Are Losing This Smartphone Battle and We Haven't Started Talking About HTC ZTE and Huawei
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Proffdada: 2:40pm On Jan 12, 2013
LeJeun3: Just because you want to answer the name of using an android phone? Must nokia port Symbian? U don't know what Nokia is working on.

Guy, it's not the name, it's the functions. Nokia lost when their monoply to cumbersome symbian V3 couldn't utilize hardware effectively. They r meant to dump it and follow the trend or bring in simpler programming language to framework their Operating system
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 12, 2013
Toroze: I don't mean to be rude of offensive but can u read properly neva did i say that tecno is better than the infinity i said "now if it is 3mp more of camera and 512mb more of ram that makes it "the infinity" cost 40,000 i will take the tecno n7 anyday" i even praised it saying it had more ram and the camera is better. But i'm not one to argue and to the dude who said that i posted it 3 times "network issues" ma broda i don't think you'll get it yet they're shipping to select countries
i fit use dz money wey I dey save for nexus 4 go buy shoe ooooo
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Juniorrei(m): 4:18pm On Jan 12, 2013
Does n7 have a compass?
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 12, 2013
Junior_rei: Does n7 have a compass?

Sorry no idea just yet. Have already booked and paid for the N7. The N3 didnt have real GPS, only A-GPS.
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Juniorrei(m): 8:08pm On Jan 12, 2013
I really like the phone;i will buy it,it's just a 7k addition to the price i bought my t1 but i don't know whether it is equipped with microsoft powerpoint and other apps. Well i would wait for the launch!
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by aficionado: 8:12pm On Jan 12, 2013
Gionee CTRL V4 is their new Android phone release in Nigeria.Sporting v4.0.3 ICS, 3MP front camera and a 5 inches screen,it is certainly a must-have.I will take Gionee products over Tecno anyday as they are more sturdy and their service centres' response are faster wit 12-months warranty on almost all their products.
Gionee Infinity is impressive but I will certainly recommend Gionee's latest release into the Nigerian market, Gionee CTRL V4 with it's 5 inches screen.
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Juniorrei(m): 8:21pm On Jan 12, 2013
Come to think of it: DeemaaD u said u already paid for ur n7. how much did u pay?
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Hunkyimage(m): 9:18pm On Jan 12, 2013
aficionado: Gionee CTRL V4 is their new Android phone release in Nigeria.Sporting v4.0.3 ICS, 3MP front camera and a 5 inches screen,it is certainly a must-have.I will take Gionee products over Tecno anyday as they are more sturdy and their service centres' response are faster wit 12-months warranty on almost all their products.
Gionee Infinity is impressive but I will certainly recommend Gionee's latest release into the Nigerian market, Gionee CTRL V4 with it's 5 inches screen.
how much? Na d price dey matter hia... How cheap is it with all dis specs?
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Proffdada: 11:11pm On Jan 12, 2013
Hunkyimage: how much? Na d price dey matter hia... How cheap is it with all dis specs?

Abi o!help me ask am

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Reply)

List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] / Free Kjv Bible Download On Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.