Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone - Phones (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno N7 5" Android Phone (308460 Views)

Tecno N7, P3 & Phantom A1 - The Best Out Of These Three / Tecno N7, F7, Gionee E3, G2 Gpad & Infinix 450: Which Phone Is The Best One? / Tecno N7 Is Officially Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Lanreallenjay: 8:15am On Jul 17, 2014
battouh: My niece’s Tecno N7 falls in the category of the variant with factory defects. I know this since after rooting and installing a Custom ROM the screen is unresponsive rendering the phone unusable. Unfortunately I didn’t do any nandroid backups…How do I rectify this problem to make it work well again please? The instructions by xquigee above don't seem to work for me guyzzz...My niece's so sweet yet so desperate? Any meaningful recovery ROMS out there before I become her no. 1 enemy.Thanks y’all…….Albert
Which custom rom did you install?
Anyway, go to forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2770581
Under 4.0.4 firmware download s5 minimalist ics(its the first on it list)
Go here, https://www.dropbox.com/s/wtkmw7kq1bafmyg/boot.img
Download the boot image and replace the one in the s5 minimalist ics with it.
Flash the rom.
You can use any rom under the 4.0.4 firmware but you have to change the boot.img with the one I'm sending to you. I've tested the s5 minimalist and its stable...
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by xquigee: 3:10pm On Jul 19, 2014
battouh: My niece’s Tecno N7 falls in the category of the variant with factory defects. I know this since after rooting and installing a Custom ROM the screen is unresponsive rendering the phone unusable. Unfortunately I didn’t do any nandroid backups…How do I rectify this problem to make it work well again please? The instructions by xquigee above don't seem to work for me guyzzz...My niece's so sweet yet so desperate? Any meaningful recovery ROMS out there before I become her no. 1 enemy.Thanks y’all…….Albert
this was stable on my n7. its ICS though http://www.4shared.com/zip/Rj7dEMaX/Catsdroid-ics_v2.html
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by davodyguy: 10:26am On Jul 26, 2014
Pls guys help me out. I just. bought tecno N7 and it was working/browsing well with my etisalat sin till about a week ago. Now it just suddenly will not connect to the internet fast again. I used the same sin on other Android 3g device and it will browse fast. On my N7, it will not connect at all. How can I solve this issue?

I did Factory reset twice yesterday to no avail. Pls help out
Thanks
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 26, 2014
Lawalmd:
hahan what kind of assurance are you looking for? I post what I discover about the phone I don't need to lie about anything when I'm not receiving anything from tecno I'm a regular phone user that bought the phone like every one else I don't run a blog and I don't do reviews of phone I'm only posting about the n7 because I seem to be the only one that have access to the phone on this thread for now.
another thing I discovered last night is the phone could record from it's fm radio and it records phone conversation too
Good morning, i came across this post. please how do you mak thr phone record?. i need a phone that can record phone calls.
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by davodyguy: 2:46pm On Jul 26, 2014
Someone should pls help for God's sake
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by davodyguy: 2:40pm On Jul 28, 2014
someone should pls help. My N7 Seems not to work on 3g. Anytime the H sign appears, it will not connect unless the E sign appears. I changed location yet to no avail. on other phone, the 3g works well with same etisalat Sim. what can I do? 2g is slower.
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Lanreallenjay: 11:37am On Jul 29, 2014
davodyguy: someone should pls help. My N7 Seems not to work on 3g. Anytime the H sign appears, it will not connect unless the E sign appears. I changed location yet to no avail. on other phone, the 3g works well with same etisalat Sim. what can I do? 2g is slower.
Have u tried using another network 3G on it? If not try that n let's know wa'sup
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by davodyguy: 2:51pm On Jul 29, 2014
Lanreallenjay:
Have u tried using another network 3G on it? If not try that n let's know wa'sup
Thanks my brother. its still the same with glo. I saw 3G on glo but it will still not connect. When I got the phone newly, it wasn't like that. Just started last week Saturday. Thanks
I'm posting with my etisalat sim with HTC Android. Very fast with HSDPA. on Tecno N7,it will not browse on GASPS, except on edge
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Lanreallenjay: 8:41pm On Jul 30, 2014
davodyguy: Thanks my brother. its still the same with glo. I saw 3G on glo but it will still not connect. When I got the phone newly, it wasn't like that. Just started last week Saturday. Thanks
I'm posting with my etisalat sim with HTC Android. Very fast with HSDPA. on Tecno N7,it will not browse on GASPS, except on edge
Okay, try reseting your network settings... You'll do that in settings-networksettings - more - mobilenetworks- access point names- press options and click on reset to default. If it doesn't work, do a factory reset to your phone.
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by davodyguy: 10:41pm On Jul 30, 2014
Lanreallenjay:
Okay, try reseting your network settings... You'll do that in settings-networksettings - more - mobilenetworks- access point names- press options and click on reset to default. If it doesn't work, do a factory reset to your phone.
thanks man. I already did that. Yet no solution. Reset the phone and lost my apps, had to redownload them again
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Lanreallenjay: 9:21am On Aug 01, 2014
davodyguy: thanks man. I already did that. Yet no solution. Reset the phone and lost my apps, had to redownload them again
I am 90% sure the solution to that issue is for you to change the rom of your phone... something is wrong with it... you either get another working n7 rom or get a custom rom.
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by davodyguy: 2:37am On Aug 02, 2014
Lanreallenjay:
I am 90% sure the solution to that issue is for you to change the rom of your phone... something is wrong with it... you either get another working n7 rom or get a custom rom.
thanks once again. how can I get a new ROM on the phone, with data lose
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by davodyguy: 2:53pm On Aug 07, 2014
You guys should please help me now. My 3g service is not working on sim 1 in tecno N7. I changed al;l sim cards, and its still the same. The phone only browse in gsm mode but not in wcdma/gsm mode i.e 2g
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by netmillionaires(m): 12:20pm On Aug 29, 2014
Good day nairalanders, Plz I need someone to give me Tecno N7 Stock rom backup. I need to flash my N7. the fone is malfunctioning somehow. some apps refuse to launch including d camera. while some will launch but hang. I really need a helping hand. Plz add me to n7 whatsapp group 08127754239
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by davodyguy: 5:43pm On Sep 28, 2014
can someone help me flash my N7 with a good rom?
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by rekeson: 6:52pm On Sep 30, 2014
davodyguy: can someone help me flash my N7 with a good rom?

And ur location is?
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by timowale: 4:54pm On Nov 15, 2014
mrdrizzy:
let me ask u,when we were in the age of nokia symbian,did any of us request for upgrade in the os!,abeg shun dat thing,ur fone wont die,it will only be outdated.
outdated?yes.this is applicable to all operating systems too nokia,androids.....
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 15, 2014
Please, who have successfully installed font on tecno n7 without any backups
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Rollyluv: 8:17am On Nov 16, 2014
AbbasJR:
Please, who have successfully installed font on tecno n7 without any backups
I did
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by heykims(m): 9:48am On Nov 16, 2014
Hello gurus, my tecno phantom pad N9 is really giving me a lot of headache now wt its battery inconsistencies, I bought it a year ago nd I've been battling ds issue for a few weeks now.
I may charge for more dn 8 hrs yet it won't reach 100℅, in fact d % may just increase by say 5% after hours of charging.
I believe it might be calibration problem so I exhausted d battery to zero level nd then charge but it hardly reach 100% after several hours of charge. Even in occasional situations where it reaches 100%, I might switch it on to see like 10% nd d battery then depletes nd phone goees off within about 30 minutes of use. In fact it even continues depleting while being charged again.
At times I see 0% on switching d tab on after I've charged it when switched off.
Also, at occasional times when it charges to 100% while being charged switched on, d transition time is always very short, imagine reaching 100% from 10% within 10 minutes, however when I unplug, d battery depletes from 100% to zero fast within like 20 minutes, OMG!!
Then, if its switched off nd is charged, it can't be switched on if removed from power source, it requires being connected to power source to switch on.
All this problem actually started after I used power bank for about 3 weeks with it wen I travelled to a town wt poor power supply though I inquired prior nd I was assured dt d phantom-A power bank won't harm my battery, now see me see trouble o.
HELP PLS!
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Story011(f): 3:45am On Nov 20, 2014
Lanreallenjay:

Which custom rom did you install?
Anyway, go to forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2770581
Under 4.0.4 firmware download s5 minimalist ics(its the first on it list)
Go here, https://www.dropbox.com/s/wtkmw7kq1bafmyg/boot.img
Download the boot image and replace the one in the s5 minimalist ics with it.
Flash the rom.
You can use any rom under the 4.0.4 firmware but you have to change the boot.img with the one I'm sending to you. I've tested the s5 minimalist and its stable...

@Lanreallenjay: I'm almost through with the downloads of the recover.img and s5 minimalist ics files, but I have some questions.
Will I copy all the files contained in the s5 minimalist ics files into the scatter file folder before I Flash (that is after replacing the boot image with the one downloaded @ dropbox.com)?
If yes is the answer, will I select all the files contained in the SP Flash tool when I load the Scatter file?
Thank you in advance.
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 20, 2014
aze:

5:31pm On Mar 01, 2013

India will be the destination for high specs Android smartphones running the latest Google Android OS v4.1 (Jelly Bean). Micromax currently holds the ace as the foremost local manufacturer with the fast selling Micromax Canvas HD. But one thing, CHINESE manufacturers are releasing high specs Android phones with all having Quad Core processors and some 2GB Ram along with 16gb storage.

India is going to be hot and there MIGHT BE A SPILL OVER EFFECT INTO NIGERIA. So lets be patient with TECNO for now let them up their game or feel the pressure by May or July at most when itr might be too late for them. Ginoee may rearrange their market entry strategy all over. Don't forget Online retailers like Infinix on Jumia and others that are coming on board via Importers.

TECNO still have short weeks to up the ante or become irrelevant in the Naija market.
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Lanreallenjay: 10:10am On Nov 25, 2014
Story011:

@Lanreallenjay: I'm almost through with the downloads of the recover.img and s5 minimalist ics files, but I have some questions.
Will I copy all the files contained in the s5 minimalist ics files into the scatter file folder before I Flash (that is after replacing the boot image with the one downloaded @ dropbox.com)?
If yes is the answer, will I select all the files contained in the SP Flash tool when I load the Scatter file?
Thank you in advance.

you are not using Sp flash tool for it o... you flash it through CWM recovery... just replace the boot image inside the minimalist zip with the one I sent you and put the zip in the root folder of your sd card... boot to recovery,select flash zip from SD card... flash zip.
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Nobody: 12:30am On Nov 27, 2014
undecided
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by rekeson: 8:07am On Nov 27, 2014
Lanreallenjay:

you are not using Sp flash tool for it o... you flash it through CWM recovery... just replace the boot image inside the minimalist zip with the one I sent you and put the zip in the root folder of your sd card... boot to recovery,select flash zip from SD card... flash zip.

Any improvement to the touch screen palava yet? Cos I want to sell my N7 but I am worried that d buyer will disturb my life because of the unresponsive soft keys.

Also add me on bbm let's exchange ideas. I see that u are quite knowledgable in android matters.

5305087E
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by amparas(m): 6:44pm On Dec 08, 2014
If your phone smart is bricked, All you need to do is to flash it with the stock rom of that phone & if you are in need of stock roms of phones like Tecno, Gionee, Lenovo etc go to http://amparasroms..com
tutorials on how to flash the stock roms on the phones & other tutorials are also available on the blog.
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Bjayjay: 11:31am On Jun 02, 2015
Been trying to root my tecno n7, used several methods including pc and phone itself. None seems to be working, pls i need help.
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by harbayo20(m): 12:16pm On Jun 03, 2015
Leadn:
Tecno N7 fell below expectations! Compared to Gionee's infinity, this phone sucks!. embarassed

Key Specifications of the N7
Network - 2G/3G
Operating System - Android 4.0 ICS
Band - GSM900/DCS1800MHz/WCDMA2100
Processor - 1GHz Dual core CPU
Dimension - 148*79*10.3mm
Display - 5.0″ Capacitive Touch Screen.
Resolution - 480*800 (WVGA)
Camera – 0.3MP Front Camera / 5.0MP back Camera with Flash
Audio - AMR, WAV, AAC, MP3, MIDI, OGG….
VIDEO - MP4, 3GP, MPEG-4…
Memory - 4GB ROM + 512MB RAM – MicroSD, expandable up to 32GB
Messaging & SNS – Gmail
Connectivity - WiFi, Bluetooth3.0, USB
Battery Capacity - BL-4M (2300mAh)
Sensor - G-Sensor, Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor
Other Features - FM Radio, Torch, Voice Recording, Alarm, Memo…

The Tecno N7 being a key rival to Gionee’s Infinity has failed to impress with less important specs to packed.

The only cool (I guess) feature on the phone is the Android 4.0 ICS (Not Jelly Bean) OS it packed and the dual core (which is not quite impressive in this day of Samsung high end smartphones).

The Tecno N7 also failed to bring a better RAM (at least a 1GB RAM would not have been a bad idea).

The Tecno N7 as stated earlier isn’t available for purchase yet and no date has slated for the launch.

Market estimates put the price of the N7 as 27,000NGN to rival Gionne’s infinity of 30,000NGN.
http://reviewsgang.com/2013/05/tecno-n7-android-smarphone-review-specs-price/

cool
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by funlord(m): 8:59pm On Jul 23, 2017
efjaysharon:

30k. slot

What's your what's app number
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by efjaysharon: 9:38pm On Jul 23, 2017
funlord:

What's your what's app number
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 30, 2019
This is strong work smiley angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (Reply)

List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] / Free Kjv Bible Download On Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.