Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train (36799 Views)

Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE / Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses / GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 10, 2013
GhostFaceKiller: I can tolerate racism more than tribalism.

Tribalism led to the gassing of over 6 million Jews.

Tribalism led to the massacre of over 800,000 Rwandans in less than a month.

After all, with racism differences are physically obvious but tribalism is in the heart and mind and are based on misplaced cultural stereotypes and pure hatred!

Ask your average Yoruba man why he hates the Igbo and he will be hardly be able to give you a concrete answer.

You must be an Uncle Tom to prefer racism to tribalism...

Where is Django to blow your kneel cap and brains out?? GTFOH!

3 Likes

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by coogar: 10:50pm On Jan 10, 2013
shymexx:
True.. That's the problem with these teenagers, they're too hyped for no reason...
The prick will probably get done for affray and he'll end up having a criminal record for no reason smh...

he's probably on crystal meth......
women activists would march to the big ben tomorrow to have this dude arrested. a member of the public would call the police that the video traumatised him/her and he/she would never use the tube again until he/she is sure that boy has been arrested!

We've got institutionalised racism to deal with not abusive words that don't mean anything... Moreover, all white people think black people stink and black people also think most white people smell like dogs... grin
They should have continued the verbal assault and have fun!! grin

exactly!
i would have turned the whole scene into mum jokes or face jokes......the chic is not even english, her accent is from the eastern european bloc. liuthania or poland!
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 10, 2013
stillwater:
Don't act as if you don't know when we use tribalism here on NL it means ethnic bigotry.

However, is tribalism the same thing as bigotry??
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by ocheejemb: 10:50pm On Jan 10, 2013
coogar:

stop embarrassing yourself...........
so she cannot be racist because she has a black boyfriend? get out of here my friend. what has her black boyfriend gotta do with racism?

ok then, i have a mother and female siblings therefore i cannot be a räpist!

I said this is not racism being displayed here. I didn't say she cannot be racist. You stop embarrassing yourself with silly analogies. And yes, to call a spade a spade, a truely racist person would not be dating, of all the people in the world to date, someone out of their own race. If you are a rapist, you didnt choose to have a mother and sisters.

3 Likes

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by toluxa1(m): 10:50pm On Jan 10, 2013
[size=18pt]All I want is her waist cheesy[/size]

1 Like

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 10, 2013
Nigerians you see your lives? cry cry

You have so messed up internationally that the word "Nigerian" is now an insult.

Chai cry

Later some ediots will say proudly Nigerian embarassed

2 Likes

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by ocheejemb: 10:51pm On Jan 10, 2013
oche_ejemb:

I said this is not racism being displayed here. I didn't say she cannot be racist. You stop embarrassing yourself with silly analogies. And yes, to call a spade a spade, a truely racist person would not be dating, of all the people in the world to date, someone out of their own race. If you are a rapist, you didnt choose to have a mother and sisters.

Why is Nairaland censoring rąpist?
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by solomon111(m): 10:52pm On Jan 10, 2013
stillwater: Tribalism and racism have one thing in common. . .All stem from a hate-filled mindset. All tribalists should be killed. cheesy The Hutus and Tutsis come to mind why the tribalists on NL and beyond must be killed before they infect everyone.
tribalists should be killed?
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by kelvincoll(m): 10:52pm On Jan 10, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy: Na me fit all those Oyibo and Carribeans wey no wan carry eye see Africans

so make we for arrange automatic visa lottery for u abi? grin grin grin
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 10, 2013
shymexx:

He didn't say prefer, he said tolerate. Which would you be pained more about, an outsider duping you or a blood brother?

2 Likes

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by coogar: 10:56pm On Jan 10, 2013
oche_ejemb:

"smelly nigerian" is a racist remark! she could have just stopped at "you stinking fool" - why qualify smell with nigerian? then again, i am tired of people hiding under the mask of "my grandpa is black so i cannot be racist" - that's pure rubbish! a räpist has female relatives, sometimes wives and it does not stop them from attacking women. its a cheap excuse. how do we know for sure she's dating a black man? because she said so to save face after dropping a racist remark? you don't have a prayer!!!!

2 Likes

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 10, 2013
shymexx:

However, is tribalism the same thing as bigotry??

In a way yes, when it comes to trumping one side over the other despite all logical reasons because of one's 'affiliations'.

1 Like

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Frostyzone(m): 10:58pm On Jan 10, 2013
murtalaa: point of correction, sir. the former is African while the latter is Jewish (caucasian) grin . So, technically, igbo/yoruba bashing is racism.
Ignorance, Ignorance, Ignorance. Na wa oo!
Abeg bros, no confuse tribalism with racism.
Both of them no be the same thing at all.
Racism is based mainly on colour discrimination, while tribalism is based on political and cultural differences.
Next time you wan correct person., make una do your research wella, okay?

4 Likes

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jan 10, 2013
coogar:
he's probably on crystal meth......
women activists would march to the big ben tomorrow to have this dude arrested. a member of the public would call the police that the video traumatised him/her and he/she would never use the tube again until he/she is sure that boy has been arrested!

I don't think he's on anything, these teenagers are just naturally hyped... And the madness was in front of white people - so expect every single one of them to testify against him...

exactly!
i would have turned the whole scene into mum jokes or face jokes......the chic is not even english, her accent is from the eastern european bloc. liuthania or poland!

Obviously, she's not English... But it's better to ignore these people than get in a war of words with them especially when they're the majority at the scene...
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jan 10, 2013
solomon111: tribalists should be killed?

. . .like tied on a stake and burnt in the public square. Set an example for junior upcoming tribalists.
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Builder: 10:59pm On Jan 10, 2013
Sisi_Kill: See the other Show of Shame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgeECHXANTk

SMDH!

On another note, they see Africans going at each other's throats like these ones were and we expect them to treat us differently?

Even here on NL, y'all fight each. . .call each others tribes the most despicable names and then get all up in arms when an outsider says something derogatory about Nigeria. You can't eat your cake and have it too....it's either you respect yourselves and get respected by all and sundry or. . .well you know undecided

I really dont want to comment but when i read senseless things like the one above im forced to... have u ever wondered why the irish hate the english, or why serbs hate croat, ask ur self why canadians hate the yank and much more... if you can be so stu.pid to make urself feel so inferior good for u. its an unspoken truth people from a geographical area for some weird reason fight each other, so for u to bring out a footage of africans exchanging words on a bus is pure lazy and myoptic. because my african brother calls me a monkey dosent give a white person to call me a monkey except he wants to be buried alive.

this is a fight btw croats and serb fighting during the australian open some years back, sell out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBnq2NyJXcg

4 Likes

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by cold(m): 11:00pm On Jan 10, 2013
shymexx:

I don't think he's on anything, these teenagers are just naturally hyped... And the madness was in front of white people - so expect every single one of them to testify against him...

Obviously, she's not English... But it's better to ignore these people than get in a war of words with them especially when they're the majority at the scene...
She got physical and he returned the favour.Why everyone chooses to ignore this fact beats me hollow

1 Like

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jan 10, 2013
stillwater:

He didn't say prefer, he said tolerate. Which would you be pained more about, an outsider duping you or a blood brother?

An outsider treating me like a subhuman specie, or my "blood brother" being territorial, no??

I'll go with the latter than let the outsider dehumanise me!!

1 Like

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by GhostFaceKiller: 11:01pm On Jan 10, 2013
shymexx:

stillwater:

help me answer the f00l
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by danniekute(m): 11:02pm On Jan 10, 2013
2 million: my broda if yankee no favour una, come back, enof space dey Naija for all of us
i na ekwugheli ( u are just talking nonsense)

1 Like

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 10, 2013
stillwater:

In a way yes, when it comes to trumping one side over the other despite all logical reasons because of one's 'affiliations'.

Naturally, all humanoids are tribal people but we just express it in different ways, to be honest... We just need mutual respect and better understanding to get along, regardless of our tribal affiliations...
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by claremont(m): 11:03pm On Jan 10, 2013
Builder:

I really dont want to comment but when i read senseless things like the one above im forced to... have u ever wondered why the irish hate the english, or why serbs hate croat, ask ur self why canadians hate the yank and much more... if you can be so stu.pid to make urself feel so inferior good for u. its an unspoken truth people from a geographical area for some weird reason fight each other, so for u to bring out a footage of africans exchanging words on a bus is pure lazy and myoptic. because my african brother calls me a monkey dosent give a white person to call me a monkey except he wants to be buried alive.

this is a fight btw croats and serb fighting during the australian open some years back, sell out

Exactly!
I wanted to reply her/him, but your comment is directly on point. I wouldn't waste my time replying such ignorant and misinformed analogies.
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 10, 2013
grin grin grin grin smelly Nigerian no be curse now. Everyone smells at some point. Forget the colour. When person wan smell eh......na u go beg am say make em shift for train.
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by slimfit1(m): 11:04pm On Jan 10, 2013
The girl shouldn't have said that but some Nigerian women do stink to sometimes of rub and the dead womans hair they use. sometime I stink sometimes myself but I carry spray everybody does at some point you just have to control it. If you are using the tube avoid using rub that stinks really bad later.
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by solomon111(m): 11:04pm On Jan 10, 2013
Builder:

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by fdigital(m): 11:04pm On Jan 10, 2013
How on earth did she know his a Nigerian or is he carrying a tag bearing Nigeiria.
WTF with all this refined albinos called Whites.
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by preselect(m): 11:05pm On Jan 10, 2013
REALITY101:

Dude if we black folks start hitting everyone that shows off racism on us don't you think we gonna start world war everlasting?
Isn't it about time cool
The level of injustice and unfairness in this world today has reached high heavens. Even sodom and Gomorrah didn't get this far

1 Like

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 10, 2013
shymexx:

Naturally, all humanoids are tribal people but we just express it in different ways, to be honest... We just need mutual respect and better understanding to get along, regardless of our tribal affiliations...

You now talk like someone on rehabilitation. May God *helep* you this 2013. Me too, i'd be respecting you more now or else, we reopen our feud cool
Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 10, 2013
GhostFaceKiller:

help me answer the f00l

Your mum is white - perhaps that's why you prefer racism....

However, don't say that bs when I'm there...

I've lived through racism all my life - and racism and tribalism should never be compared...

If you want to know how powerful racism is, just take a look at how racism always swallow up tribalism when they come in contact...

How many black folks claim their tribe(s) in the West?? We all see ourselves as black people - that shows the power of racism!!

4 Likes

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 10, 2013
Builder:

Oh yeah, but when it comes to setting up organizations to carry themselves along all of them forsake these petty tiffs, and carry out whatever they set their hearts to do. But ohhh come to Africa, especially Nigerians, if their tribal brothers are not there they can't reason intelligibly. Nigerians would rather thrive on tribal politics instead of doing away with their petty quarrels. That is the difference between we and them!

1 Like

Re: 'Smelly Nigerian': Racist Confrontation On London Train by star4(f): 11:09pm On Jan 10, 2013
victorD3:

My point is that a white person will always want to bring you down as a black man. When you stay abroad for a while if you don't know your worth they make you feel being black is a disadvantage.

How can racism be fixed if we become racist ourselves. If I am racially abused it will never make me rascist back. A White person will most certainly NOT always want to bring a black man down. That is a sweeping statement.

With regards to the train incident, the woman was stupid to even mention the word 'nigerian' if a dude smells and he's rude it's got nothing to do with his country! End of story.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Nkpor Express Way Anambra State About To Be Washed By Flood Pics / 24 EFCC Operatives Arrested My Son-in-law — Atiku / Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.